Russia Invades Ukraine

RVInit

Re: Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by RVInit »

Here is some information about the Wagner Group from an article about the possibility that Erik Prince had offered the services of his Blackwater to the Wagner Group at a time when the Wagner Group was under US sanctions.

Here is a link to the article, and below are a couple of paragrapshs from the article. https://theintercept.com/2020/04/13/eri ... ozambique/
The Wagner Group is a semi-private military force that operates in countries or conflicts where the Russian government seeks plausible deniability for its activities. It is often equipped and supported directly by the Russian Ministry of Defense, according to reports and experts who track Wagner’s activities. The U.S. State Department website also lists Wagner as an entity connected to the “Defense Sector of the Government of the Russian Federation.” Any business relationship between Prince and Wagner would, in effect, make the influential Trump administration adviser a subcontractor to the Russian military.

In recent years, the Russian government has deployed Wagner to several African countries, Ukraine, and Syria, where the U.S. military killed dozens of Wagner fighters in 2018 after the Russians and their Syrian allies attacked an oil facility that the United States was defending.

“Wagner Group is an instrument of Russian policy. It works under the GRU, which is the Russian military intelligence,” said Sean McFate, a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council and a former military contractor who has written about mercenaries.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Susan Kroll
@suekroll
· 24m
Ukraine Travel Advisory warns Americans ignoring their advice to draft a will, designate power of attorney, leave DNA samples.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Special airborne operations
bob

Post by bob »

This article suggests the U.S. was surprised by the offer, and is somewhat cool on it.

Basically: Poland wanted to fly its jets to a U.S. airbase, where they would be repainted. The jets then would fly to a third-party (non-NATO, non-EU) base, and Ukrainian pilots would fly them back to Ukraine.

In return, the U.S. will give Poland used, comparable planes, like F-16s. ("Used" is important because Taiwan is first in line to receive new planes.)

Russia, unsurprisingly, said this will largen the hostilities. (Code for: will drag NATO into a war.)
Image ImageImage
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Kevin Liptak
@Kevinliptakcnn
·
49m
Some complications have arisen in the effort to supply Ukraine w/ jets. After Poland said it was giving its MiGs to the US to then give to Ukraine, the Pentagon says “we do not believe Poland’s proposal is a tenable one.” Note VP Harris travels to Warsaw tomorrow.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

FarmerArmy.jpg
FarmerArmy.jpg (209.4 KiB) Viewed 984 times
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Cheap Chinese tires blamed for Russian convoy unable to reach Kyiv
BY:LILY RUSSELL-JONES

Cheap Chinese tires have been blamed for a Russian convoy of armoured vehicles being unable to reach Kyiv.

Yesterday, the Ministry of Defence issued an update revealing that a convoy of Russian tanks advancing on the capital of Ukraine remained 30km from the centre of the city having made little progress over the previous three days because of “Ukranian resistance, mechanical breakdown and congestion.”

Karl Muth, an academic based at the University of Chicago and a self-described tire expert, took to Twitter to set out a theory blaming cheap Chinese tires for the slow advance of Russian vehicles.

https://www.cityam.com/cheap-chinese-ti ... each-kyiv/
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

On tonight's virtual meet up [those who don't attend are slackers...except of course for Third Grandma], Tes [who is soon gonna be called my Fogbow Aunt, with Third Grandma's apporval..] asked me what I thought about US vets heading over to fight in the Ukraine...

I messengered her in chat " A fundamental thing that gets drilled into your head as a soldier is that it's you duty to protect those who can not protect themselves, that's why vets are heading there"

I've posted it here before, if I was 10 years younger I'd be seriously considering being there, if I was 15 years younger I'd be over there fighting the enemy that I grew up expecting to fight.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

I think the deal with the fighter jets is gonna be intentionally murky. If Poland can get their jets into Ukraine, there are about twice as many of similar type that could come in from other countries. Or that is happening now while all the attention is on Poland and Ramstein air base.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Edit: Sorry about the edits. So, I am not communicating very well today. This is not a "Russia wide" poll, only a sampling of Moscow, which is one city, with young people who have access to internet. It does show at least a trend in that one "market" that could be at least a little bit encouraging. Would be nice if there could be a real poll to see if the general trend of how Russians are viewing this war could be accomplished, but when you have a government that is shutting off all access to information, don't know how that could be accomplished.

--Colin Kaepernick
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Russian Agent Maria Butina Tells BBC Ukrainians Are Killing Themselves

https://www.thedailybeast.com/maria-but ... 2c19ef33b4
Free press may be silenced in Russia, but that has not stopped Vladimir Putin’s minions from defending him to media outlets outside the country. On Thursday, convicted Russian agent and Donald Trump enthusiast Maria Butina tried to convince BBC Radio host Nick Robinson that it was Ukraine’s own military raining bullets and mortars over the country, not Russian troops. When asked if the war was going to plan, she said, “Yes absolutely. I do trust my president as well as the majority of Russians do.” When asked if she thinks Ukrainian President Zelensky—who is Jewish—is a Nazi, she said, “According to his actions, absolutely.” :snippity:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

For Frater-
Off Topic
Of course Tes can be your aunt, dear Grandson!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

neonzx wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:30 am Russian Agent Maria Butina Tells BBC Ukrainians Are Killing Themselves

https://www.thedailybeast.com/maria-but ... 2c19ef33b4
Free press may be silenced in Russia, but that has not stopped Vladimir Putin’s minions from defending him to media outlets outside the country. On Thursday, convicted Russian agent and Donald Trump enthusiast Maria Butina tried to convince BBC Radio host Nick Robinson that it was Ukraine’s own military raining bullets and mortars over the country, not Russian troops. When asked if the war was going to plan, she said, “Yes absolutely. I do trust my president as well as the majority of Russians do.” When asked if she thinks Ukrainian President Zelensky—who is Jewish—is a Nazi, she said, “According to his actions, absolutely.” :snippity:
WTAF are they interviewing that....person?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

A story of a volunteer:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kremlin says Putin ordered conscripts to be excluded from Ukraine operations and is now asking military prosecutors to find and punish those who allowed conscripts to go to Ukraine. https://tass.ru/politika/14013917
Jim

Post by Jim »

Well if Putin is as sick in the head as some think...Russia may soon be headed for Red Terror II.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

It sounds like our intelligence services are of the belief that Putin believes he simply cannot lose this one.

I don't have any idea if there is any kind of "off ramp" that he can be offered, some way he can stop and still save face. Those are old tactics that may just not work any more, giving him a way to save face. He's in it until he destroys Ukraine. So, as long as China is there to make sure he has the needed money for bombs, he will eventually succeed I assume. But he will be king of the ashes. Just a huge wasteland and millions dead on both sides very likely.

I don't think there is any stopping him from the outside, it's going to have to be an internal solution. And that probably isn't likely.

This guy is doing something positive to try to get people in Russia to believe the outside world about what Putin is really doing. It's sickening to listen to him describe his father's beliefs about what is happening. Younger Russians and those who are on the internet may be getting more outside information, but Russians who are dependent on State TV are just getting brainwashed.

--Colin Kaepernick
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

WMD use confirmed:
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

This #Russia-dropped bomb would flatten a building — and yet these #Ukraine EODs defuse it with 2 hands and a bottle of water, while shells audibly land nearby.

Mind boggling bravery.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Is there any reason to think he wouldn't use chemical weapons?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:14 pm Is there any reason to think he wouldn't use chemical weapons?
Word out of the DoD is that they think he'll use Chem and Bio....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:14 pm Is there any reason to think he wouldn't use chemical weapons?
Jedi Press Sec Jen Psaki said that we should be on the lookout for them, and that Putin may launch them as a "false flag" operation. Can't find the clip at the moment.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:33 pm
Jedi Press Sec Jen Psaki said that we should be on the lookout for them, and that Putin may launch them as a "false flag" operation. Can't find the clip at the moment.
All video from her today was out-shown by the serious dick stomping she did to Peter Doocey. I don't think he realizes that she only calls on him at all for comic relief. The perpetual punchline who doesn't get the joke.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”