Russia Invades Ukraine

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Slim Cognito »

Foggy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:13 am
Off Topic
One last off-topic, then I'm done.

I took my three year old son and marched in Raleigh against the invasion of Iraq, back in Jan. 2003, before the war even started. I remember the march quite well, we had a great time and spoke to lots of the young'uns. The last time before that I marched against a war, half those people weren't even born yet.

But I marched. That's all I could really do. I knew it was a stupid, stupid war.
I attended a few Let Iraq Live rallies in The Plaza area of KC about that time.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Ukrainian protestors urinating on a Russian MT-LBu vehicle. Looks like a 1V114 artillery battery command post vehicle.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:18 am Pretty much my view from within the States (not sure what Buh is referring to, though, but everything else, absolutely yes).
Bush, ya. sorry
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Even after reading your supposedly "anti-American" stuff for a dozen years, I have to admit it still didn't really hit me until I was driving in my car for half an hour yesterday, the parallel of two wars based on, not just inadequate, but dishonest and fabricated justification. Sorry but you seem to have done a poor job of brainwashing me against my own country, but keep working on it. :biggrin:

And the only bright side is that our greedy violent invasion and occupation was more successful than Putin's greedy violent invasion and occupation. Thus far, I admit it's still early. But Ukraine is not looking much like shock and awe to me.

So that's a nice lesson for the world to learn: The US can stomp you into the ground for no reason better than the Russians or probably the Chinese can stomp you into the ground for no reason, so maybe pay attention when the big dog tells you what you can wear to school and what you can eat and stuff.

I cheated, of course. I became an American the easy way. :bag:
Katie Porter '28
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

And as a result the world became an unstable place. And you use that instability and NINE EHEVENENENENEN to launch 6 or 7 new carriers while your roads crumble, and your people are ground down more and more into poverty.

Probably more harsh than I intend. I love the States but bloody heck guys.
I don't disagree with that.

As for what the big dogs can do, a long time ago at a lecture at The United States Army Infantry School some expert Colonel made two points during an all day class that have stuck with me.

China can march an Army on Europe armed with sticks and stones and reach Paris with a million men.

Russia might have 35,000 tanks but on any given day 20,000 of them wouldn't start.

I dunno why, but both of those rhetorical points made an impression on me.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras »

I think it is time to expand the war into Russian and Belarus territory. Heavy bombardment of their staging areas and ammo dumps and let Putin decide if he wants the war to expand further.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Yes, simply stop resisting, change your constitution to enshrine a Russian puppet government, and cede three areas of your country to Russia. :fuckyou:
Russia will stop 'in a moment' if Ukraine meets terms - Kremlin
:snippity:
Dmitry Peskov said Moscow was demanding that Ukraine cease military action, change its constitution to enshrine neutrality, acknowledge Crimea as Russian territory, and recognise the separatist republics of Donetsk and Lugansk as independent states.
"We really are finishing the demilitarisation of Ukraine. We will finish it. But the main thing is that Ukraine ceases its military action. They should stop their military action and then no one will shoot," he said.

On the issue of neutrality, Peskov said: "They should make amendments to the constitution according to which Ukraine would reject any aims to enter any bloc."

He added: "We have also spoken about how they should recognise that Crimea is Russian territory and that they need to recognise that Donetsk and Lugansk are independent states. And that’s it. It will stop in a moment."
https://www.reuters.com/world/kremlin-s ... 022-03-07/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Kendra wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:37 am
That's a bad idea, it might lubricate the seized bearings.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:01 pm
Volkonski wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:52 pm No idea if this is true. :?
I think that thousands of veterans may be going to Ukraine, but I believe they are going strictly on their own, as individual volunteers.
If I was ten years younger I'd be seriously considering it....if I was 15 years younger I'd already be there...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Grain of salt, but :eek:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

This one didn't age well....

raison de arizona

FWIW I follow ASB News- they are Russian propaganda. If I had a dollar for every time they've "reported" that Zelenskyy has fled Ukraine, I'd have... Like five dollars or something. Maybe more. That's a funny one though.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Here's a treat! When you think to yourself, whom would I really, really want insight and analysis from about Russia and Ukraine? One name towers above all others.

Charles Edward Lincoln III.

You're in luck, here's Chuck! (Didn't watch him yet, but check it out... he's in front of a OCTOPUS/SQUID! Wonder if he's angling for a job with Sidney Powell? :lol: ) He looks absolutely fabulous, doesn't he? Please Don't send Orly Taitz this link, she'll drop everything and go running back to him looking so hot like this. Would ask in the YT comments if he's been in any Dental Chairs lately, but comments are turned off :( Such bravery.
9 Days of the Ukraine War, 3 Days since Biden's Onion, Canada Relaxies
72 views Streamed live on Mar 4, 2022
Charles Edward Lincoln III 359 FOOLS subscribers
Whatever happened to South Carolina? And how did our USA come to be governed by Communists funded by globalist bankers? Why were most of America's major wars since 1917 sponsored by Democrats?

Chuck's buddy says up front:
03:28 well actually i would like to interject
03:30 something that you said about nikki
03:31 haley
03:32 and um
03:34 lindsey graham
03:35 in their defense
03:37 they're not really rhinos they're
03:39 promoting
03:40 what what they came from
03:42 nikki haley is an indian married to a
03:45 white man
03:46 and lindsey graham is a homosexual so
03:48 you can't expect anything different than
03:51 the positions they take they do not
03:53 represent us they don't represent well i
03:56 guess they probably do represent the
03:58 republican party because i can't i don't
04:00 like them anyway but you but you you
04:03 cannot expect anything positive from a
04:05 race mixing indian and a homosexual.

Of course, since they are such perfect specimens of Real American Men. :roll:

Apparently he's IN DEMAND.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I find it humorous that the Russians tried to say the invasion is because of neo-NAZI's yet President Zelensky is Jewish. Oy vey! :brickwallsmall:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Chilidog wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:38 pm This one didn't age well....

Did they think about this one? If the Ukrainians would lay down arms rather than shoot a brother, what does that say about the Russians, that they’d shoot a brother rather than lay down arms? You can’t trust them. Not good.
tek

Post by tek »

Yeah.

The Russians are ALREADY shooting Ukranian 'brothers'..

Makes no sense.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Well, they do think that the Western mind can’t truly understand them.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Illia Ponomarenko 🇺🇦 @IAPonomarenko
Major General Vitaliy Gerasimov, the chief of staff with Russia’s 41st Combined Arms Army, has been eliminated by Ukraine's military intelligence operators.
I still don’t get it what Russians are hoping for in this war.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:09 am Disinformation Alert: Check Sources.
(Sort of an interesting idea... wonder if Fogbow could have a Disinformation Alert topic, it fits with the Mission Statement -- that would be something we could promote to the bigger web as a place to check to see if information is accurate. Probably too much work but a topic for internal use at least)
Sounds like an cool idea
raison de arizona

New Turtle wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:34 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/IAPonomarenk ... 9005139973
Illia Ponomarenko 🇺🇦 @IAPonomarenko
Major General Vitaliy Gerasimov, the chief of staff with Russia’s 41st Combined Arms Army, has been eliminated by Ukraine's military intelligence operators.
I still don’t get it what Russians are hoping for in this war.

Word on the street is that Valery (not Vitaliy) Gerasimov is actually the chief of staff and that he (Valery) isn't anywhere near Ukraine. Or dead. FWIW.

Although there are twitters that he may be dead after Putin gets done with him for the state of the war.

Also speculation that this may be a nephew. :shrug:
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Breaking news:

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I can't argue with most of what you're saying - we had no business attacking Iraq and while the invasion of Afghanistan was marginally more justifiable (since the Taliban was in league with Bin Laden) it went on far, far too long and our withdrawal wasn't handled appropriately.

This section, however, I'm having trouble understanding what you're referring to:
Suranis wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:46 am :snippity:
But yes, you dragged the world into a war with a tissue of lies, abandoned Afghanistan when you had a real chance of doing something right just so a dickhead could have HIS WAR... :snippity:
Which dickhead are you referring to - we've had (and still have) several. Biden pulled us out of Afghanistan, but I don't see him wanting any kind of war. Can you clarify this for me please? It just pretty much went over my head :oopsy:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:02 pm
Suranis wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:46 am :snippity:
But yes, you dragged the world into a war with a tissue of lies, abandoned Afghanistan when you had a real chance of doing something right just so a dickhead could have HIS WAR... :snippity:
Which dickhead are you referring to - we've had (and still have) several. Biden pulled us out of Afghanistan, but I don't see him wanting any kind of war. Can you clarify this for me please? It just pretty much went over my head :oopsy:
Bush the lesser declared mission accomplished in Afghanistan and declared they were going to attack Iraq right out of the blue, to the mystification of everyone. In my view, this pulled the focus away from actually doing anything in Afghanistan to endless wrangling about attacking Iraq, and then Iraq became the full focus of everything.

This pretty much nuked any chance of doing anything constructive in Afghanistan.

And Bush the lesser wanted Iraq becasue he wanted HIS Iraq war. I'm really not sure it was any more sophisticated than that. He never gave a fuck about Afghanistan. And if it had been anything to do with NYNE ELEVENENENENENEN!! they should have attacked Saudi Arabia as most of the attackers and all the funding came from Arabia, and Bin Ladin was Saudi. The only connection with NINEVELBEN for Afghanistan was that Bin Ladin was based there at the time, and the US pretty much let him run off to Pakistan. And then Bush the lesser stopped talking about him in favor of Saddam Hussein.

*edit* This article from 2002 talks about how Bush had stopped talking about Afghanistan and Bin Ladin, by August that year.

https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/linksc ... emies.html
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’ll let Suranis respond, but I read the dick as being Shrubya the Lesser Bush, when he invaded Iraq.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Thanks, Suranis - I appreciate it and agree. I'd forgotten about the whole "Mission Accomplished" debacle and so missed the reference (oops!)

Bush the Lesser really wanted an excuse to go after Saddam because Saddam had tried to kill his daddy, and that (well, and the oil) was pretty much all he cared about. That whole fiasco is a well-earned black mark on our record.

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”