Hijack This Thread

Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by Volkonski »

:shock:
Girl brings note to school, leading Las Vegas police to find boy's body inside freezer in home's garage

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/girl-note- ... =153566238
Police obtained a search warrant and found the boy's remains Tuesday after a girl took a note to school in which the mother said she was being held against her will and didn't know the whereabouts of her young son and believed he was dead, police Lt. Ray Spencer said during a news conference.

After being contacted by the school, police set up a surveillance operation near the home, CBS affiliate KLAS-TV reported. Around 10 a.m. Tuesday, police saw a man, later identified as Brandon Toseland, and a woman, leave the home. Officers then pulled the car over.

The woman told police she had not seen her preschool-aged child since December 11 and also said her boyfriend, Toseland, did not allow her to go into certain areas of the home, including the garage.

Police obtained a search warrant for the home and Tuesday afternoon found the remains of the child. Police believe the child had been in the freezer since early December.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

That's awful.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Life may actually flash before your eyes on death - new study”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60495730

“New data from a scientific "accident" has suggested that life may actually flash before our eyes as we die.
A team of scientists set out to measure the brainwaves of an 87-year-old patient who had developed epilepsy. But during the neurological recording, he suffered a fatal heart attack - offering an unexpected recording of a dying brain.
It revealed that in the 30 seconds before and after, the man's brainwaves followed the same patterns as dreaming or recalling memories.”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

California exodus visualized by State
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Interesting. Thanks.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

WW3 sponsored by Applebees.

We’re living in an episode of South Park.
Man, I could use a cold beer. It's five o'clock somewhere, right?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

“The most beautiful thing in Tokyo is McDonald’s. The most beautiful thing in Stockholm is McDonald’s. The most beautiful thing in Florence is McDonald’s. Peking and Moscow don’t have anything beautiful yet.” -Andy Warhol
Ukraine-Russia crisis: America's fast-food giants are at risk

America's fast-food giants have a lot on the line amid the escalating situation between Russia, Ukraine and the rest of the world.

That's in large part because Western fast-food players have expanded significantly into Russia with their cheap burgers and fried chicken over the past 20 years. By Yahoo Finance's calculations, McDonald's, Papa John's, KFC, Pizza Hut, Burger King and Starbucks operate about 2,700 restaurants in Russia.

The two largest players are McDonald's and Yum! Brands' KFC — with a total of roughly 1,900 locations.

It's unclear if Russia will move to shutter these U.S. born fast-food spots as the West deploys sanctions to penalize the country for its invasion of Ukraine.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ukraine- ... 38366.html
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:59 am Isn't that capitalism at its best - competing the same resource ;)
Fair point, but it's still annoying as Hel!
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

And another thing I am mad at Putin for. With so many people having the same avatar, I can't tell whose post it is unless I actually read their name. Reading dammit. Not just my preferred lazy method of slightly noticing the avatar. How dare he make me do that easter smarty-pants establishment thing like, reading. And writing with gooder grammar.
101010 :towel:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:52 am
California exodus visualized by State
I suspect a lot of the people who headed to Washington State are Hispanic. They are headed to Yakima/Wenatchee.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Can someone who has contact info for Sequoia check on her please? She hasn't checked in lately.
raison de arizona

Out on the streets of Toronto yesterday: Margaret Atwood.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

There are good people out there.

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

:like:
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I think that was a public service ad. There's another one like it.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

That reminds me of a story my sweetie told me when he returned from a business trip to Albuquerque. (Maybe I've shared this before?) Anyway, he was at a gas station / mini mart when a couple of young men came into the store. They were the only ones in the store and my husband did not like the looks of them. They just wandered around the store, as if waiting for my husband to leave. Now, my husband was a big, physically fit man. So my husband just took his time near the checkout area where the older clerk was. Eventually the young men walked out and drove away. The clerk was SO appreciative of my husband sticking around! "Here... help yourself to whatever you want!" :lol: No, my sweetie was just so thankful he had been there.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:lovestruck:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
tek

Post by tek »

Article in CACM about challenges in using AI for content monitoring on social networks.

This shows a example where the image and the text, separately, are benign... but taken together..
d-1.jpg
d-1.jpg (125.92 KiB) Viewed 789 times
raison de arizona

Gohmert resigned to run for TX Attorney General. He lost the primary by 26 points. Now we're free of him!

For awhile at least.

:lol:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

It's password day. Change your passwords. My old one was SePt120271. You can use if you want to. I'm done with it.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Oh, and PS: There are less than 10 shopping months left.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
Yeah, if you get lost, you can send email to foggy@thefogbow.com.

REMINDER: THE FORUM CAN NOT SEND EMAILS.
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Ding! Dong! Founder's gone!!!!!! :dance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:56 pm Gohmert resigned to run for TX Attorney General. He lost the primary by 26 points. Now we're free of him!

For awhile at least.

Does Texas law require him to resign?

Back in 2000 or 2004, my congressman, Dennis Kucinich filed paperwork with the State of Ohio to run for President, as well as his congressional seat. He did not resign his seat in the House.

He lost badly in the primaries and abandoned his candidacy, but he won re-election to the house.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

noblepa wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:47 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:56 pm Gohmert resigned to run for TX Attorney General. He lost the primary by 26 points. Now we're free of him!

For awhile at least.

Does Texas law require him to resign?

Back in 2000 or 2004, my congressman, Dennis Kucinich filed paperwork with the State of Ohio to run for President, as well as his congressional seat. He did not resign his seat in the House.

He lost badly in the primaries and abandoned his candidacy, but he won re-election to the house.
He's still listed as a Rep on the Congress website. However, he was not running for reelection for his district so Nathanial Moran is the republican nominee (won the primary). Therefore, we are not free of him until the end of the current session.
101010 :towel:

Return to “General Stuff”