Hijack This Thread

jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by jez »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:51 am Happy Twos-Day!

2/22/22
The cherry on top: My roomie's bestie forevah's daughter went into labor last night. She is preggers with twin girls. So, she may have twins, on Twos-day, 2/22/22.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Babies' mama wins the internets!!!!!!!!

My MIL adopted the Hawaiian name for grandmother "Tutu". Hubby, her primary caretaker has declared twoday as Tutu day and invited her friends and family to call and visit. :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Twosday
Is this pair of dual-humped Bactrian camels heralding hump day? Nope, it's not quite Wednesday yet—but you can double down on your celebratory mood this February 22, because Tuesday, 2/22/22 occurs just once every 400 years. So on this deuce of a day, beware of two-timers claiming they'll pay you back next Twosday—you'll be short your two bits until February 22, 2422. bing.com
th (25).jpeg
th (25).jpeg (22.44 KiB) Viewed 989 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Tuesday, 2/22/22 is also an anniversary. Just sayin', rooster.

:bar:

(It's also Margarita Day!)
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Oh man, Margarita Day! :cheer1:

(And don't forget July 10 is National Piña Colada Day.)
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

And Happy Hours comes - of course - in Twos :biggrin:
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

We vote for them but won’t (or can’t) hold them accountable:

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:45 pm
What was the scrolling all about, or was she trying to demonstrate time elapsing?
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

bill_g wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:34 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:45 pm
What was the scrolling all about, or was she trying to demonstrate time elapsing?
Crowther's ability as a polyglot; he speaks around 7 languages fluently.
Image Image Image Image
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

For those wondering, the languages used were English, Luxembourgish, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Reminds me of a joke my Swedish neighbor told me: If a person who speaks more than two languages is multilingual, and a person who speaks two languages is bilingual, what do you call a person who speaks only one language?
► Show Spoiler
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Reminds me to ask, how did those US truckers and anti-mask and anti-vax supporters survive the French speaking territories in Canada?
jez

Post by jez »

Sadly, Bailey's contractions have stopped. So no Twin girls to be born on Twos-day, 2/22/22.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Tiredretiredlawyer

Shucks!!!!
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

I was sleepily half-watching the oldoldish film Gray Lady Down (1978) which involves rescuing the crew of a crippled and deeply submerged US Navy submarine. Naturally something has to cause the crippling, so we are teed up for that with alternating shots of our heroes' submarine and the gloomy interior of the control room of a Soviet submarine, and as their radar was playing up it was clear the damn Russkies would be the cause of the collision.

Then suddenly I actually heard the dialog from the Russian submarine, having before only registered grunts while I read the subtitles. "Hang on," I thought, "why are these Russians speaking Norwegian? Have the filmmakers just used any random convenient foreign language instead of Russian? Or is it supposed to be a Norwegian submarine? Does Sjøforsvaret have submarines?"

Eventually my brain switched on and I understood that the offending vessel was a Norwegian merchant vessel. Doh.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:31 pm Reminds me of a joke my Swedish neighbor told me: If a person who speaks more than two languages is multilingual, and a person who speaks two languages is bilingual, what do you call a person who speaks only one language?
► Show Spoiler
:lol: Very true. I can fudge my way through with some Spanish and some Japanese but I wouldn't exactly call myself bilingual or multilingual.
jez

Post by jez »

Baby watch is back on! Bailey's contractions started again. They were 4 minutes apart about an hour ago.

~Paarthurnax
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

jez wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:30 pm Sadly, Bailey's contractions have stopped. So no Twin girls to be born on Twos-day, 2/22/22.
There was a baby boy born near here in Altoona PA this morning at 2:22 AM in Room 2, on, of course, 2/22/22.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
jez

Post by jez »

Bailey got sent home. She is having contractions, but no dilating. Babies will be here within the next day or two though. She just missed the 2/22/22 with the twinkies. Of course, we are all just hoping for healthy girls. According to her last scan, they are going to be between 6-1/2 - 7 lbs each. So, big healthy girls that seem to be rather stubborn.

~Paarthurnax
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

There are two companies right now (Vanguard financial and Carnival Cruises) that are using "Oh What A Wonderful World" in their ads. After hearing that song repeated frequently - and sometimes even twice in the same commercial break - I've decided we need to ban the use of songs by more than one company at a time.

That is all.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Isn't that capitalism at its best - competing the same resource ;)
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

jez wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:25 am Bailey got sent home. She is having contractions, but no dilating. Babies will be here within the next day or two though. She just missed the 2/22/22 with the twinkies. Of course, we are all just hoping for healthy girls. According to her last scan, they are going to be between 6-1/2 - 7 lbs each. So, big healthy girls that seem to be rather stubborn.
They may have missed the 2/22 date :waiting: , but their birthdays with still be a palindrome -

2/20/22
2/21/22
2/22/22
2/23/22
2/24/22
2/25/22
2/26/22
2/27/22
2/28/22
2/29/22
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Posted this on a tech board I frequent to show a recent coverage plot I made of a proposed system for a wind energy company. Decided to share my knitting with you guys. See attached compressed file. Download and extract on your desktop or other directory. Then open the kmz file with Google Earth to wander around beautiful Condon Oregon.

There is a lot of wind farming in that area. I've attached another system to the north along the Columbia that we built several years ago.

Enjoy.
Attachments
senvion 75km 95p combined.zip
(350.23 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
allete MET 50km 93p.zip
(378.3 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

It's that odd weather time in Oregon again. Kind of like the early Summer when everybody runs for the air conditioning when it gets 80 outside, but in August they're happy when it cools down to 80. A few weeks back people bundled like Eskimos because it got below 50. They were freezing to death. This week it's in the 20's or less over night, warms up to 40 around noon, and people are jogging in shorts and tank tops.

Return to “General Stuff”