Anyone know what happend to this guys

Suranis

Re: Anyone know what happend to this guys

Post by Suranis » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:58 pm

You have groups and members on PACER? Wow I didn't know you could do that. I'm sure the mighty "LB" was impressed to find you on PACER too. :confused:

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

Just some guy

Post by Just some guy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:06 pm

That is why I say reading comprehension is everything.

bob

Post by bob » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:08 pm

Just some guy wrote:Acting like you never heard of this case. That's ironic.

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog ... prote.html
Never said (or "acted like") I never heard of it. You implied Cryer had successfully argued that wages are not income. Still waiting for that evidence, "counselor."
Just some guy wrote:
bob wrote:
Just some guy wrote: Its called google
In other words, you got nothing.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... dFjWQbKhRg
And was Cryer's motion to dismiss granted, "counselor"?
Just some guy wrote:Correct as it was a lawyer and not a tax protester that did not pay taxes for ten years.
Not paying taxes is not the same as successfully arguing that wages are not income, "counselor."

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

bob

Post by bob » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Just some guy wrote:Of course you won't hear about this case on the news.
A link within your own link: O.C. Register: Cost to county of lying social workers: $10.6 million.

So, yes, this case was, in fact, in the news. And? Another gish gallop away from promissory notes, renunciation of citizenship, the meaning of "income," and everything else?

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:15 pm

bob wrote:
A link within your own link: O.C. Register: Cost to county of lying social workers: $10.6 million.

So, yes, this case was, in fact, in the news. And? Another gish gallop away from promissory notes, renunciation of citizenship, the meaning of "income," and everything else?
Don't forget felonious interstate window tinting.

Image Image Image Image Image

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Just some guy wrote:That is why I say reading comprehension is everything.
Comprehension when someone is messing with you is not your strong point either. Sorry that your attempt to advertise your group failed along with the whole begging someone to ask you who "LB" was so you could blather more shit.

Just another wannabe Sov cit guru who will sell his shit to gullible idiots but wont risk financial ruin and jail time himself. I bet you are lying and telling people you got out of a can't win parking ticket case with your methods too.

Hello, any people he is directing to his thread from his facebook group. Just to let you know We checked out that case, and what actually happened is that his lawyer successfully argued that the evidence presented was inadmissible, presenting 3 pieces of case law. That's how he got off. His attempts to use his shit law ideas failed spectacularly despite him arguing with the judge for 20 minutes. Dunno what happened after that becasue at that point they caught him using a recording device in the court and confiscated it, despite his law guruness. He had to sign to get it back and that's in the court documents.

Its all in one of his other threads. He boasted to us about this case and after we found it it was pretty obvious what happened and the 3 pieces of case law were entered as evidence in the court. They were cases about inadvisability of evidence, not about illegality of traffic tickets or taxes.

So, if he is telling you he got off becasue he knows the true law and true freedom to get out of traffic tickets et al, he is bald faced lying. Take any money you were going to send to him and run.

Just some guy

Post by Just some guy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:57 pm

bob wrote:
Just some guy wrote:Acting like you never heard of this case. That's ironic.

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog ... prote.html
Never said (or "acted like") I never heard of it. You implied Cryer had successfully argued that wages are not income. Still waiting for that evidence, "counselor."
Just some guy wrote:
bob wrote: In other words, you got nothing.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... dFjWQbKhRg
And was Cryer's motion to dismiss granted, "counselor"?
Just some guy wrote:Correct as it was a lawyer and not a tax protester that did not pay taxes for ten years.
Not paying taxes is not the same as successfully arguing that wages are not income, "counselor."
A federal jury unanimously found Tommy Cryer not guilty this week on two misdemeanor counts of failure to file.

And according to Cryer, the prosecution dismissed two felony charges of tax evasion prior to trial.

Attempts by The Times on Thursday to reach U.S. Attorney Donald Washington or Bill Flanagan, first assistant U.S. attorney, were not successful. Calls made to the two were not immediately returned.

"The court could not find a law that makes me liable or makes my revenues taxable," Cryer said. "The Supreme Court has ruled that the government cannot impose an income tax on anything but the profits and gains. When you work for someone you give your service and labor in exchange for money, so everything you make is not profit or gain. You put something into it."

Cryer was indicted last year on two counts of tax evasion. The indictment alleged he evaded payment of $73,000 in income tax to the Internal Revenue Service during 2000 and 2001.

bob

Post by bob » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Just some guy wrote:A federal jury unanimously found Tommy Cryer not guilty this week on two misdemeanor counts of failure to file.
Again, you implied Cryer had successfully argued that wages are not income. A not-guilty verdict is not evidence of Cryer's argument to the jury, "counselor."

Try again. Or not.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:57 am

bob wrote:
Plutodog wrote:This mouse is a constant pleasure to bat around, no?
I'll give him this: he may be as pig-headedly wrong as Apuzzo, but at least he's more succient.
I guess the typo was probably for "succinct" but after your T+J pic I my brain hopped first to "succulent". No, JSG is all gristle. J is not for juicy.

It's nice to see you guys enjoying yourselves. But the T+J analogy is quite apt: JSG will escape your claws every time, however many dents you put into your legal frying pans!

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:07 am

bob wrote:
Just some guy wrote:A federal jury unanimously found Tommy Cryer not guilty this week on two misdemeanor counts of failure to file.
Again, you implied Cryer had successfully argued that wages are not income. A not-guilty verdict is not evidence of Cryer's argument to the jury, "counselor."

Try again. Or not.
TOMMY K. CRYER, Petitioner v. COMMISSIONER OF INTERNAL REVENUE, Respondent

Docket No. 8118-09.

UNITED STATES TAX COURT

T.C. Memo 2013-69; 2013 Tax Ct. Memo LEXIS 76; 105 T.C.M. (CCH) 1441

March 11, 2013, Filed
[*P16] Additional evidence of the fact that Mr. Cryer had but failed to report taxable income during at least some of the tax years at issue is found in two loan applications he submitted to banks. In a loan application Mr. Cryer signed on April 28, 1995, and gave to Minden Bank & Trust Co., he listed $50,000-$75,000 per year in the block entitled "Your Present Gross Salary or Commission". Similarly, in a loan application date stamped January 18, 2001, that Mr. Cryer gave to Regions Bank, he listed $6,000 in the field entitled "Gross Monthly Income" and $1,500 in the field entitled "Other Monthly Income".
IOW, Cryer knew full well that wages are income, and used that knowledge to his benefit when applying for loans. He was just playing typical tax protester games with the IRS.

Incidentally, though he died before the final decision was reached, Cryer lost his battle with the IRS.
OVERVIEW: The taxpayer was an attorney who was now deceased, and the taxpayer paid state taxes but asserted that he did not have any federal tax liability. The court held that, based upon a bank deposits analysis, payroll tax returns, and information obtained from other parties, the taxpayer had substantial taxable income which the taxpayer failed to report, and the taxpayer's state income tax returns constituted admissions that the taxpayer knew he had taxable income. The taxpayer's assertion that income earned by a resident of the state was not taxable by the federal government was patently frivolous, and the taxpayer's failure to report income or file income tax returns over a period of numerous years warranted additions to tax based on the taxpayer's failure to pay taxes and fraudulent intent to evade taxes.

OUTCOME: Decision was entered in favor of the Commissioner.
In essence, Mr. Cryer claimed that the income he received during the tax years at issue from certain "sources" was taxable under Louisiana law, but [**13] not under Federal law. In United States v. Clayton, 506 F.3d 405, 412 (5th Cir. 2007), the Court to which an appeal would lie in this case, cited and followed its prior unpublished opinion holding that "the argument that income derived from sources [*P15] within the United States" is not taxable under Federal law is "patently frivolous" and "absurd".

Mr. Cryer's allegations that (a) income of a U.S. citizen earned in and while a resident of a State is not taxable under the Code and (b) that documents issued by the Internal Revenue Service without OMB numbers are invalid have repeatedly been rejected by this Court as well as other Federal [**14] courts. United States v. Bell, 414 F.3d 474, 475-476 (3d Cir. 2005); United States v. Hicks, 947 F.2d 1356, 1359 (9th Cir. 1991); Williams v. Commissioner, 114 T.C. 136, 138-139 (2000); McDougall v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo. 1992-683, aff'd without published opinion, 15 F.3d 1087 (9th Cir. 1993).

These facts, taken together, satisfy respondent's burden of proving fraudulent intent and establish that Mr. Cryer is liable for additions to tax under section 6651(f) for the tax years 1994 through 2001.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:28 am

Now that I've got past the deadline I was dealing with for real stuff...
Just some guy wrote:Oh oh I know.

He said he did not make any income. Strange that a lawyer who can read the law. And me, who you folks say can't read the law, can come to the same conclusion. Don't you think?
That's not the argument he made to the jury. It was the argument that he made to the court in his motions to dismiss, but they were all denied. When he went to trial, he didn't argue that he had no income; he argued that he had sincerely believed that he did not have to pay tax, and therefore could not be convicted of willful failure to file.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

noblepa

Post by noblepa » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:53 am

Mikedunford wrote:Now that I've got past the deadline I was dealing with for real stuff...
Just some guy wrote:Oh oh I know.

He said he did not make any income. Strange that a lawyer who can read the law. And me, who you folks say can't read the law, can come to the same conclusion. Don't you think?
That's not the argument he made to the jury. It was the argument that he made to the court in his motions to dismiss, but they were all denied. When he went to trial, he didn't argue that he had no income; he argued that he had sincerely believed that he did not have to pay tax, and therefore could not be convicted of willful failure to file.
There's also a HUGE difference between a criminal trial for Willful Failure to File or Tax Evasion and a Tax Court finding. Juries find people not guilty for a lot of reasons, none of which they are required to reveal.

For me, the biggest question is not, was he acquitted of criminal charges (thus avoiding jail time), but did he have to pay the taxes? If appears that he did. Therefore, any argument he made that his income was not taxable under federal law, was found to be completely lacking.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:01 am

So not only does Just Some Guy's J.D. degree come from the University of Google School of Law, but also his Master in Taxation.

Whatta guy idiot.

bob

Post by bob » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:46 am

You people are no fun: this information about Cryer is readily available. I wanted to see if JSG could find it.

Just some guy

Post by Just some guy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:48 pm

bob wrote:

Forgot I have to spell it out for you intellectual types.

News as in something other then the locals would see it. You know fox, CNN, MSNBC.

What the sheep watch.

Just some guy

Post by Just some guy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:53 pm

The tax court found that he owed taxes.....lol.

I'm shocked. Who would of thought lol.

bob

Post by bob » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Riiiight: Because your Google searches are limited to only local news outlets. :roll:

bob

Post by bob » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Just some guy wrote:The tax court found that he owed taxes.....lol.

I'm shocked. Who would of thought lol.
Everyone but you.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:05 pm

I'm shocked SHOCKED that in a case where JSG said it was proven his guy owed no taxes the court found that he owed Taxes. Its like JSG was lying or something.

I do agree with him, however, that a Tax court should never hear Tax cases. They should be held in Traffic court, or Divorce courts.

wavey davey

Post by wavey davey » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:37 pm

noblepa wrote:
Again, I ask, exactly what steps to I take to insure that the government and the courts will recognize that I have changed my domicile or achieved "civil death"? What court filings or other concrete steps can I take to do so? Is it sufficient to stand on a street corner and shout "I am changing my domicile from the fictional society of the USA to the landmass of North America"?

Yes, you can do it just the exact same way Michael Scott declared bankruptcy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuGIgf-ICHM

boots

Post by boots » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:55 pm

Suranis wrote:I'm shocked SHOCKED that in a case where JSG said it was proven his guy owed no taxes the court found that he owed Taxes. Its like JSG was lying or something.

I do agree with him, however, that a Tax court should never hear Tax cases. They should be held in Traffic court, or Divorce courts.
But that is funny.

noblepa

Post by noblepa » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:11 am

Suranis wrote:I do agree with him, however, that a Tax court should never hear Tax cases. They should be held in Traffic court, or Divorce courts.
Or a Denny's.

Return to “FEMA Camp 7½”