Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by Phoenix520 »

‘Baby’ is right.
miss meh

Post by miss meh »

Azastan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:06 pm WaPo has an article up about an anti-vaxxer and his wife. This morning comments were being allowed. Now comments have not just been closed, the comments have been completely removed.

There was not much sympathy for them, and in particular, people were outraged at the undeniable fact that taxpayers are going to be paying for the millions of dollars this family incurred, simply because they didn't want to get vaccinated.

https://wapo.st/3LyMJKNhttps://wapo.st/3LyMJKN
I'm really surprised we haven't heard about companies requiring some kind of health insurance surcharge for folks who refuse to be vaxxed. When I was a smoker I think they deducted $50 extra per month on top of my regular health ins premiums -- I had to affirm several times during yearly signup that I understood and accepted the additional charge was for being a smoker, and that I didn't want to do smoking cessation classes to avoid the fee.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

miss meh wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:59 pm I'm really surprised we haven't heard about companies requiring some kind of health insurance surcharge for folks who refuse to be vaxxed. When I was a smoker I think they deducted $50 extra per month on top of my regular health ins premiums -- I had to affirm several times during yearly signup that I understood and accepted the additional charge was for being a smoker, and that I didn't want to do smoking cessation classes to avoid the fee.
If I were a health insurance company, I'd go a little more direct than a small monthly surcharge. I'd classify medical treatment related to a lack of vaccination as an out-of-network expense and pay it at 50%, with no out-of-pocket maximum. You get Covid because you weren't vaccinated and you end up on a respirator with a $500,000 medical bill, you're going to lose your house as bill collectors hound you endlessly for the $250,000.

The possibility of unlimited liability for poor health decisions is a lot more of a motivator than a mere $50 monthly fee. If I were a rabid anti-vaxxer, I'd happily pay a $50 surcharge if it enabled me to keep my belief system intact. But the chance I'd lose my house might get me to think differently about things.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

miss meh wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:59 pm I'm really surprised we haven't heard about companies requiring some kind of health insurance surcharge for folks who refuse to be vaxxed. When I was a smoker I think they deducted $50 extra per month on top of my regular health ins premiums -- I had to affirm several times during yearly signup that I understood and accepted the additional charge was for being a smoker, and that I didn't want to do smoking cessation classes to avoid the fee.
It's happening, but in really small numbers, like less than 1%. Pretty sure Delta instituted a $200/mo surcharge for unvaccinated employees, a few other companies have as well. But nothing like the universal adoption I'd like to see.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

johnpcapitalist wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:59 am The possibility of unlimited liability for poor health decisions is a lot more of a motivator than a mere $50 monthly fee. If I were a rabid anti-vaxxer, I'd happily pay a $50 surcharge if it enabled me to keep my belief system intact. But the chance I'd lose my house might get me to think differently about things.
We aren't dealing with reasonable people capable of thinking things through here, but I like your ideas!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

WI State Sen. Felzkowski (R), presenting a natural immunity bill, says she has had both delta and omicron infections.

WI State Sen. Larson (D): "I would note that if natural immunity was something that would prevent you from getting COVID, you wouldn't have gotten COVID twice."
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:lol:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

:lol:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I'm afraid of drinlin from a hose. Hence the triple vax.

Apparently he is the epitome of a manly man to (some of, at least one of) the RWNJ's.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

More idiots from down under and another Russia connection..

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-17/ ... /100839824

Unvaccinated Australians are using fake certificates to gain entry to venues the government banned them from at the beginning of this month.

Key points:
The fake certificates are made to look like they are from a government app
Users are bragging on social media about using them to beat mandates
The hospitality industry warns workers must examine certificates closely
The services were first identified late last year, but they are gaining prominence in online forums among people opposed to vaccine mandates in Australia.

The ABC has seen one such website, hosted in Russia, that generates highly convincing fakes.

Western Australia has some of the strictest mandate rules in the country.

From the start of February, the state banned unvaccinated people from much of public life, including cafes, restaurants, gyms and more.

WA's State Emergency Coordinator has issued directions that rely on broad powers granted under the Emergency Management Act.

They include the need for about 60 per cent of the workforce to show proof of vaccination.
bob

Post by bob »

So the 5th didn't order an injunction; it told the district court to rethink its reasoning. (Which may be a hint.)
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Ryan K Harrison, MD @rkh_md wrote: Folks. I’m tired of washing my hands before surgery so I’m not going to do it any longer. If you get an infection, it’s not my problem.
Lani

Post by Lani »

I do not this Musk person.

musk-hitler.jpg
musk-hitler.jpg (61.86 KiB) Viewed 1862 times
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Jeez!
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

I hates me some Elon Musk, but I didn't find that post in his Twitter feed. FWIW.

Also, Nicki Minaj gets dragged by Philly Public Health :lol:
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:51 pm I hates me some Elon Musk, but I didn't find that post in his Twitter feed.
Because Musk deleted it.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

bob wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:09 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:51 pm I hates me some Elon Musk, but I didn't find that post in his Twitter feed.
Because Musk deleted it.
Thanks bob. What a turd he is.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

And people wonder why The Royals put great effort into saying nothing in the public. The grand silence and managed message was present long before social media ever was.
raison de arizona

Oops.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

His youngest is terrified in the background. Little one keeps pulling on Mom's coat for help. She gives him 5 seconds of attention as she continues filming her husband.

Really sad. And disgusting.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

‘Paper terrorism’: Parents against mask mandates bombard school districts with sham legal claims
A group called Bonds for the Win is organizing parents to file claims against school districts’ insurance policies, taking a page from the sovereign citizen playbook.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pa ... d_nn_tw_ma
Teachers and staff members of her school district in Bethalto, Illinois, a small town outside of St. Louis, were suddenly worried that they would not be paid. They had seen videos posted online in which a parent who objected to the district’s Covid mask mandate said that she had filed a claim against the district’s insurance, causing the schools to lose all federal funding.

Griffin, the Bethalto schools superintendent, has spent weeks dealing with the fallout.

“You have district officials who are spending time on things like this, rather than on what we need to be spending time on — making sure that our classrooms are covered right now in the middle of a pandemic,” Griffin said.

The parent’s claims were baseless. She had no ability to use the mask mandate to file a claim against the district’s insurance policy, or affect its federal funding in any way.

But the scare tactic has become a familiar one. A growing number of school districts across the country are facing similar challenges from parent activists who have adopted strategies and language that are well known to law enforcement and extremism experts who deal with far-right “sovereign citizen” groups in the U.S. The Southern Poverty Law Center and Anti-Defamation League call it “paper terrorism.”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Point.

Counterpoint.
raison de arizona

Romania's most famous football team, Steaua Bucharest, announce a ban on VACCINATED players, because their madcap owner says that athletes 'lose strength' - and claims those that are jabbed die in hospitals
  • Mr Gigi Becali believes players vaccinated against coronavirus are 'powerless'
  • He claims players at Steaua Bucharest and rival clubs are struggling after taking the vaccine
  • The Romanian businessman singled out 36-year-old winger Ciprian Deac as an example of vaccine allegedly affecting older players
  • Becali also recently said Steaua Bucharest striker Claudiu Keseru can no longer play at a high level
  • His latest statement has drawn a furious reaction from the country's government
  • Romania's vaccination rate of 86.52 doses per 100 population means they have the second lowest in Europe
    :snippity:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... ayers.html
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-02/ ... /100876182

New Zealand police have launched a renewed push to end an anti-vaccine mandate protest that has disrupted the country's capital for the past three weeks, dismantling an encampment set up outside parliament and towing away vehicles.

Key points:
Inspired by Canada's demonstrations, activists have blocked streets with vehicles
The NZ PM says protesters have been given ample opportunity to leave
Police say they arrested 60 people and "gained significant ground"
A fire broke out among some tents, sending smoke billowing over the site before it was doused by police, a witness said, as officers worked to completely clear the grounds.

"Those protesters illegally occupying parliament grounds and surrounding streets have been given ample opportunity to leave. It is time for them to go," Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said at a news conference after a police action earlier today.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”