"Freedom Convoys" "People's Convoy" Canadian & US Trucker Protests against COVID Vaccine Mandates & Other Grievances

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Re: "Freedom Convoy" Canadian Trucker Protest against COVID Vaccine Mandates and Other Grievances

Post by Greatgrey »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:56 pm Come on, really?

Don't they know the white underwear trick doesn't work iffin' it's got massive skid marks?

Doh.
International Law scoffs at your skidmarks.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: "Freedom Convoy" Canadian Trucker Protest against COVID Vaccine Mandates and Other Grievances

Post by raison de arizona »

Greatgrey wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:16 pm

Don't they know the white underwear trick doesn't work iffin' it's got massive skid marks?

Doh.
THEY AREN'T MY SKID MARKS!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

I'm not a horse person, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that using horses for crowd control on ice and snow is probably a "Bad Idea".
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

dan1100 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:26 pm I'm not a horse person, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that using horses for crowd control on ice and snow is probably a "Bad Idea".
That's because you're not a horse person. :oldlady:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

dan1100 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:26 pm I'm not a horse person, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that using horses for crowd control on ice and snow is probably a "Bad Idea".
Ice is tricky, but horses will be shod with caulks AND are accustomed to working under those conditions. Snow is actually rather easy for horses.
raison de arizona

They're taking out the trash in Ottawa.
Ottawa Police @OttawaPolice wrote: ARRESTS / ARRESTATIONS: 100+

VEHICLES TOWED / VEHICULES REMORQUÉS : 21

STREETS CLEARED / RUES DÉGAGÉES: Officers have successfully moved protesters past the intersection of Mackenzie Avenue on Rideau Street.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I have questions...

Why does "Captain Canada" have an American Flag icon on his little name thingy? Did he maybe forget which set of rubes he was playing to?

I am also not a horse person per se, but I grew up in Kentucky and unless you're from downtown Louisville (I ain't) that pretty much means you did grow up around a few horses. I was taught (maybe incorrectly I admit) that a horse normally will not step on a person and that they had uncanny ability to avoid doing so. No, they don't really care about you but they are aware of their somewhat fragile ankles.

As such, the "they totally just trampled that lady!" would appear to me to be not unlike the basketball player who feels the breeze of a passing body part under a basket and falls 12 feet across the floor from it, to make sure everyone knows they was "fouled so bad, they'd have even called it in rugby".

Finally, my momma told me once that you can't get in trouble for stuff you did out on the town when you're at home where you're supposed to be.

ETA: The Captain Canada guy seems to be a parody of sorts, he has another video where he interviews people with a Tim Horton's coffee cup, and the question is "don't they even see what is right in front of us". Looks like he gets the jokes on Letterkenny to me. :smoking:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

To answer the question those horses have wide hooves for that kind of thing, and have 4 legs. Those horses are fine. The humans are far more likely to slip and fall, as can be seen when those idiots slipped and fell, and the horses dodged around and over them.

"Fully Trampled!" my ass.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

WE WILL NOT COMPLY!
Another truck just left, heading out of town down Elgin towards the highway.

He had a “We will not comply” on his truck but he seemed to comply when the cops asked people to leave 🤷 #cdnpoli #ottnews
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:21 pm
Greatgrey wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:16 pm

Doh.
THEY AREN'T MY SKID MARKS!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Apparently Pat King was going commando cuz he had nothing skiddy or otherwise to wave at the cops.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-ne ... cial-media
D09C759C-9782-445C-B875-4DA83BB5ADE0.jpeg
D09C759C-9782-445C-B875-4DA83BB5ADE0.jpeg (259.72 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Don't want to be under a horse?

Get the fuck away from the horse.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

It's OK to run over BLM protesters blocking streets, eh Republicans? For jamming up a few blocks, for a couple days?

So, what should we allow to be done to white assholes illegally blocking roads for weeks, at multiple points, causing hundreds of millions of dollars in economic damage?

There aren't enough buses in the world to throw y'all under.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

FYI:

Courtney Snyder, whose Aunt Candy is the lady in the #OttawaProtest with the horses, says her Aunt has a sore shoulder but okay. Courtney's husband's Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/josh.snyder.77398. They live in Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory, Ontario.

And

OrlyLicious 🇺🇸@Orly_licious·1hReplying to @bennyjohnsonRe #TruckerConvoy #OttawaOccupation:
1. Flyers were handed out for days (see below). Actions have consequences.
2. Thankfully, Grandma is fine.
3. Canadian journalist @Justin_Ling: "Again, can't stress enough: This is absolutely mild by the standard of Canadian hockey riots."

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Posting this here because it's an important 5-minute message from HRH Queen Romana about Ottawa and the Protesters:

Protesters, stop "showboating" and using Ottawa for "Raves". Go home and no more honking! Her Majesty lifted all COVID restrictions on February 3rd so there's no reason to be there. Trudeau and other officials are gone and people are just seeing CGI and actors. The police force is enforcing what she asked them to do because Ottawa people deserve peace. The police distributed flyers the day before warning people to go home and those that have remained are being arrested. HRH is expunging the criminal records of those who were in Ottawa until February 3rd. Anyone in Ottawa after February 3rd who may have criminal records Her Majesty will not expunge because they have violated the laws thereafter.

Her Majesty's subjects on Telegram are struggling.

► Show Spoiler
As HRH frequently says, "Heavy is the head that wears the crown".
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

LM K wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:50 pm Don't want to be under a horse?

:yeahthat:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:55 pm Les Fizz
I'm pretty sure some Jean Val(ueBlue)Jean(s) was involved.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

LM K wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:50 pm Don't want to be under a horse?

That other one person in a red jacket, was she(he?) driving a mobility scooter of kind? What is that down on the ground next to her? Stupidto be in the front lines with such a device, no way to be able to move fast enough when the front row moves. Could have been pushed over on that unstable machinery even without gettinginto the way of horses.

ps. who is complaining here, ever seen American police officers on horses in action?
ETA. answering myself with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mounted_police
raison de arizona

Peaceful protestor reacts to media presence…
raison de arizona

Now you get the stick.
Ottawa Police @OttawaPolice wrote: PROTESTORS: We told you to leave. We gave you time to leave. We were slow and methodical, yet you were assaultive and aggressive with officers and the horses. Based on your behaviour, we are responding by including helmets and batons for our safety.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Gregg wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:42 pm I am also not a horse person per se, but I grew up in Kentucky and unless you're from downtown Louisville (I ain't) that pretty much means you did grow up around a few horses. I was taught (maybe incorrectly I admit) that a horse normally will not step on a person and that they had uncanny ability to avoid doing so. No, they don't really care about you but they are aware of their somewhat fragile ankles.
Yeah, as far as I have ever noticed, even a spooked horse REALLY does not want to trample someone and will either jump or change direction. When horses were used in warfare they had to be specially trained to actually trample people since it goes against what they want to do.

At most, well trained urban police horse is far more likely to simply be a little freaked that someone fell near its legs.

Now, if they had claimed that the horses kicked someone, that I could believe, since even the best trained horse can be startled into thwomping some idiot who came up behind it.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

raison de arizona

:o Not the hot tub and bouncy castle! :lol:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

neeneko wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:59 am
Gregg wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:42 pm I am also not a horse person per se, but I grew up in Kentucky and unless you're from downtown Louisville (I ain't) that pretty much means you did grow up around a few horses. I was taught (maybe incorrectly I admit) that a horse normally will not step on a person and that they had uncanny ability to avoid doing so. No, they don't really care about you but they are aware of their somewhat fragile ankles.
Yeah, as far as I have ever noticed, even a spooked horse REALLY does not want to trample someone and will either jump or change direction. When horses were used in warfare they had to be specially trained to actually trample people since it goes against what they want to do.

At most, well trained urban police horse is far more likely to simply be a little freaked that someone fell near its legs.

Now, if they had claimed that the horses kicked someone, that I could believe, since even the best trained horse can be startled into thwomping some idiot who came up behind it.
Horses will run THROUGH you if you are in their way, AND they are spooked AND they determine you are not as dangerous as whatever has spooked them. But if you are on the ground, they will jump over you rather than trampling you. One of my friends got her arm broken by her mare barreling through her because her mare didn't see my friend as herd leader.
RTH10260 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:38 am

That other one person in a red jacket, was she(he?) driving a mobility scooter of kind? What is that down on the ground next to her? Stupid to be in the front lines with such a device, no way to be able to move fast enough when the front row moves. Could have been pushed over on that unstable machinery even without getting into the way of horses.

ps. who is complaining here, ever seen American police officers on horses in action?
ETA. answering myself with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mounted_police
One of my FB friends was a member of the Seattle Mounted Patrol (sadly disbanded last year), and I have another friend who supplied SMP with one of the mounted patrol horses (Chance, known as Cougar when owned by my friend, and yes, he was returned to her when the unit disbanded). My friend who was in the SMP rode Chance/Cougar.

Yes, that was a mobility scooter, and bicycles and scooters are dangerous because horses can get their feet trapped in them. It doesn't take much to cut a tendon, so the horses are trained to not move if they feel their feet are hobbled.

Return to “Current Politics”