"Freedom Convoys" "People's Convoy" Canadian & US Trucker Protests against COVID Vaccine Mandates & Other Grievances

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: and it's really me

Re: "Freedom Convoy" Canadian Trucker Protest against COVID Vaccine Mandates and Other Grievances

Post by Foggy »

Oh thank goodness for the mighty 699th.

I love happy endings! :bighug:
🎶 There might have been things I missed,
but don't be unkind.
It don't mean I'm blind.
- ELP
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: "Freedom Convoy" Canadian Trucker Protest against COVID Vaccine Mandates and Other Grievances

Post by raison de arizona »

You can't come in, eh!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Come on, really?

Don't they know the white underwear trick doesn't work iffin' it's got massive skid marks?

Doh.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

They've already won? Did I miss the big announcement that vaccines are no longer required?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

The great snow wall will stop them!
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

I've got to give everyone involved credit.

They are all impervious to the cold.

If that was in St. Louis, people would be freezing to death left and right.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: and it's really me

Post by Foggy »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:04 pm They've already won? Did I miss the big announcement that vaccines are no longer required?
Any birther worth his posts on Birther Report could tell you, they won because they "got the word out" which "made people ask questions".

And then the American people elected the chief birther to be president, so don't be overly sure that they aren't actually winning.
🎶 There might have been things I missed,
but don't be unkind.
It don't mean I'm blind.
- ELP
raison de arizona

Asshats. Poor kids.
Ottawa Police @OttawaPolice wrote: Protestors have put children between police operations and the unlawful protest site.

The children will be brought to a place of safety.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:47 pm You can't come in, eh!
https:// twitter.com/mb2982/status/1494745070939033600
The Post Millennial @TPostMillennial
Feb 18, 2022
Police in Ottawa are now breaking into protestor’s vehicles.
Mike Brown
@mb2982
I don't back the blue anymore. They can back themselves.
7:46 PM · Feb 18, 2022
I wonder how many remaining protestors are from the US and think 4th Amendment will protect them etc - guys - it's Canadian law now!
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:50 am What an asshole, his poor child.
“I’m risking everything I have,” said Jake Klassen, 39, who has been a truck driver for nearly two decades and drives three weeks of the month hauling loads to the U.S. as an owner-operator. “I want to be able to have my own choice.”

Klassen has two campers and his black semi trailer at the Emerson blockade. They could potentially be seized; Klassen described Trudeau’s move to invoke emergency powers as a “scare tactic” so “they can take everything from us,” he said.

Klassen said he hasn’t been able to visit his nine-year-old daughter in months. She is receiving palliative care at St. Amant, a care residence in Winnipeg, but due to restrictions that require visitors to be fully vaccinated, Klassen and his wife can’t see her.

“This is something worth fighting for,” he said.
https://financialpost.com/news/economy/ ... -blockades
He's able to visit ... he simply refuses to do so. Get vaccinated, asshole. Choose to visit your daughter!
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
much ado

Post by much ado »

LM K wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:44 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:50 am What an asshole, his poor child.
“I’m risking everything I have,” said Jake Klassen, 39, who has been a truck driver for nearly two decades and drives three weeks of the month hauling loads to the U.S. as an owner-operator. “I want to be able to have my own choice.”

Klassen has two campers and his black semi trailer at the Emerson blockade. They could potentially be seized; Klassen described Trudeau’s move to invoke emergency powers as a “scare tactic” so “they can take everything from us,” he said.

Klassen said he hasn’t been able to visit his nine-year-old daughter in months. She is receiving palliative care at St. Amant, a care residence in Winnipeg, but due to restrictions that require visitors to be fully vaccinated, Klassen and his wife can’t see her.

He's able to visit ... he simply refuses to do so. Get vaccinated, asshole. Choose to visit your daughter!
He's also a fool (idiot) to think that if the truckers succeed in getting the Canadian government to cancel the mandate, that the hospital will be forced to admit unvaccinated visitors. They won't. No way. Jerk.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:32 pm Asshats. Poor kids.
Ottawa Police @OttawaPolice wrote: Protestors have put children between police operations and the unlawful protest site.

The children will be brought to a place of safety.
Disgraceful. :mad:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

LM K wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:44 pm

It says she's getting palliative care, which usually means "end of life" care, right? So, it sounds like his daughter may be *dying* and he's REFUSNG to see her because he doesn't want a vaccine. That's just cruel, really. He's a real GDMFSOB.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Perhaps it is better that she be surrounded by those that care about her..

Rather than this POS that only cares about himself.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:20 pm It says she's getting palliative care, which usually means "end of life" care, right? So, it sounds like his daughter may be *dying* and he's REFUSNG to see her because he doesn't want a vaccine. That's just cruel, really. He's a real GDMFSOB.
Not necessarily.

https://www.ninr.nih.gov/newsandinforma ... ative-care
What is palliative care?

Palliative (pal-lee-uh-tiv) care is treatment of the discomfort, symptoms, and stress of serious illness. You receive palliative care at the same time that you’re receiving treatments for your illness.

Palliative care provides relief from symptoms including pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, constipation, nausea, loss of appetite, problems with sleep, and many other symptoms. It can also help you deal with the side effects of the medical treatments you’re receiving. Perhaps most important, palliative care can help improve your quality of life and provide help to your family as well.

Are palliative care and hospice the same thing?

Palliative care is available to you at any time during your illness. You can receive palliative care at the same time you receive other treatments for your illness. Its availability does not depend upon whether your condition can be cured. The goal is to make you as comfortable as possible and improve your quality of life.

You don’t have to be in hospice or at the end of life to receive palliative care. Palliative care is part of the hospice care approach. Hospice focuses on a person’s final months of life. To qualify for some hospice programs, patients must no longer be receiving treatments to cure their illness.

Palliative care can help manage the advanced symptoms of a serious illness and support families. Palliative care provides assistance with advance care planning, goal-concordant care, and provides emotional, social and spiritual support to patients and families.
So his daughter is receiving treatment to reduce her suffering, cause unspecified. Which means she probably needs her father whether she is dying or not.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:10 pm :snippity:

Things did seem to calm down a bit when all of a sudden there was *the distant whop whop whop of helicopters, the faint puff of tiny parachutes opening and the ferocious welps of highly trained Assault Dachshunds as they descended upon some truckers. Word was it was the final things they saw and heard*. Many left immediately, they only got as far as "Hold...The....". . Seems like after the 699th stopped Lindell, they helicoptered up to Ottawa.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Sounds like things are going...badly.
Ottawa Police @OttawaPolice wrote: Protesters are assaulting officers, have attempted to remove officer’s weapons. All means of de-escalation have been used to move forward in our goal of returning Ottawa to it’s normalcy. #ottawa #ottnews
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Suranis wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:36 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:20 pm It says she's getting palliative care, which usually means "end of life" care, right? So, it sounds like his daughter may be *dying* and he's REFUSNG to see her because he doesn't want a vaccine. That's just cruel, really. He's a real GDMFSOB.
Not necessarily.

https://www.ninr.nih.gov/newsandinforma ... ative-care
What is palliative care?

Palliative (pal-lee-uh-tiv) care is treatment of the discomfort, symptoms, and stress of serious illness. You receive palliative care at the same time that you’re receiving treatments for your illness. :snippity:
If she's getting palliative care to help with problems from her treatment, wouldn't they just say she's getting being treated for an illness? It's the focus on the palliative care and her being in a "care residence" that led me to my thinking she's likely being given end of life treatment. Maybe I'm wrong, but even if I am, he's still a GDMFSOB for treating her like this. (Though I also kind of agree with Dave that if this is how their going to treat her, she may be better off without them around.)
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:47 pm Sounds like things are going...badly.
Ottawa Police @OttawaPolice wrote: Protesters are assaulting officers, have attempted to remove officer’s weapons. All means of de-escalation have been used to move forward in our goal of returning Ottawa to it’s normalcy. #ottawa #ottnews
I hope the protesters doing the assaulting aren't American imports... but it sure sounds more like something a bunch of our nuts would do than theirs.
raison de arizona

Trying to hurt horses?!? Assholes!
Ottawa Police @OttawaPolice wrote: The protesters continued their assaultive behaviour with the police line, to prevent an escalation or further injury, mounted officers were sent in to create critical space between the police line and protesters. This is done to create a safe distance.

As this was happening a bicycle was thrown at the feet of one of the horses in an attempt to injure it. One person was arrested for intentionally harming a police service animal.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona

MAKE WAY FOR THE QUEEN'S GUARD!

(Not too far.)

Tony Dean @TonyDean_TO wrote: When both of Canada’s houses of Parliament are unable to meet to debate emergency measures because of public safety concerns arising from an illegal blockade, it’s safe to say that emergency measures are necessary. #cdnpoli @SenateCA

Return to “Current Politics”