"Freedom Convoys" "People's Convoy" Canadian & US Trucker Protests against COVID Vaccine Mandates & Other Grievances

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: "Freedom Convoy" Canadian Trucker Protest against COVID Vaccine Mandates and Other Grievances

Post by Luke »

Here's a Twitter Space voice room of dead-enders bloviating, whining and deluding each other. Kinda fun. They keep saying they're going to "shoot" (remove) trolls, but Care hasn't been deleted yet and I haven't either. They are nutz, very SovCit. Will they elect Scir as their leader? Turn it down, Scir! :lol: :smoking:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Re: "Freedom Convoy" Canadian Trucker Protest against COVID Vaccine Mandates and Other Grievances

Post by Ben-Prime »

dan1100 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:29 pm This is just hilarious live tweet of an "emergency meeting" of the truck drivers that got infiltrated by the resistance.

edit: unrolled version

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1493 ... 72545.html
When the "Plane's about to crash" scene from Airplane! becomes a videochat. Yeesh! :lol:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

If you can withdrawal all you money from an ATM, even multiple days etc.... face it, you're too poor to influence many banks. A girl I know at work was kid of impressed by some little phuck boy whose social media was basically slefies of him holding out a stack of money. It iwas all $100 bills, and not just a few on the top, it would still be at most a few thousand dollars.

So I asked her, is she impressed by that? I told her I'm a legit millionaire, I can buy any of those fancy and surely rented or borrowed cars he poses in front of with check. And yet, I hardly ever have more than $40 cash on me (what I take from an ATM when I need pocket money) and I drive a normal boring car even though I can choose anything the motorcar company make. People on IG trying to brag about how rich they are are in fact showing why they'll never have more than you can get from a hich limit ATM in a few days. Because they think $10,000 is a lot of money.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

orlylicious wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:51 pm Here's a Twitter Space voice room of dead-enders bloviating, whining and deluding each other. Kinda fun. They keep saying they're going to "shoot" (remove) trolls, but Care hasn't been deleted yet and I haven't either. They are nutz, very SovCit. Will they elect Scir as their leader? Turn it down, Scir! :lol: :smoking:

These people are nucking futz! Some woman just described the vax as a "bioweapon". Now they are going on about "the vaccine injured" that took the vax "without informed consent" and how they are going to sue and own the world. Lots of crazy here. "Mandates are an attack on humanity." "We're not white supremacists, we're just looking out for them."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:59 pm
This is just hilarious live tweet of an "emergency meeting" of the truck drivers that got infiltrated by the resistance.
One woman tells a heartfelt story about her protester boyfriend facing verbal abuse, and fearing that the protest is going to implode if they don’t figure out a plan. Then there’s the sound of someone flushing a toilet.
:rotflmao:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Heard this on the Twitter Spaces call and looked into it -- This dude says he's raised $150K for the fruckers and put it in his PERSONAL account. When he went to withdraw "40 $2500 bank drafts" for 40 fruckers who are out of funds and about to leave, they told him his account is frozen and they'll get back to him in 3 business days. 8-)

Druthers News & Information
Shawn Jason from Druthers had his bank account frozen today after trying to get money for the truckers. To help, send etransfers to a new account at info@druthers.net. Big thanks!

Now dude is doing a "press conference"

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?re ... 8898449862

ETA: Today's message on FB:

Druthers.JPG
Druthers.JPG (99.53 KiB) Viewed 904 times
It's like the old joke from The Producers where the lady says, "You want me to make the check out to CASH? What a strange name for a play!"
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona

Oh shucks, guess they will have to go home!
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Lol. If 40 $2500 orders hit any account that SHOULD hit the Panic button for the bank.
Hic sunt dracones
Luke

Post by Luke »

Canada's Minister of Finance is being very clear.

The goofballs on the frucker call get more and more extreme. Some woman from the US was wrong, and wrong, and wrong about almost every "fact" she mentioned but they lapped it up. Some dude said his family had 2 Canadian premiers and he KNEW that Trudeau and government officials just got a placebo, not the bioweapon. The level of lying and delusion is just nutz. Back in the 90s when we were part of the kickoff of consumer use of the web, we worried about this. There was no way around it but there was discussion at that time that all internet use would be connected to a consumer's account. It raised far too many civil liberty issues, but regret we didn't all work more on some version of that. Have advocated Twitter having two parts, a gated area that was only with named registered users, and the sewer. It would cut so much out of the mix.
raison de arizona

Jonathon Turley continues to be a breathtaking moron.
Justin Baragona @justinbaragona wrote:Fox News legal analyst Jonathan Turley, on Canada PM Justin Trudeau invoking emergency powers to deal with the "Freedom Convoy" blockade:

"By this rationale, they could have cracked down on the Civil Rights movement. They could have arrested Martin Luther King."
Being A White Man is Tough @worthlessjus10 wrote: After they arrested him 29 times they assassinated him…

But hey… that’s probably too CRT-y for their viewers.
Luke

Post by Luke »

OMG. But masks and the vaccines are the problem, eh?

Hot Tub.JPG
Hot Tub.JPG (113.23 KiB) Viewed 825 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:sick:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Gross. Ick.
bob

Post by bob »

Canada could have arrested MLK? :eek:
Image ImageImage
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

Now they've manage to hack GiveSendGo's entire database and some other stuff too.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Tucker and Hannity are full on with Trudeau being a tyrant, yadayadayada.

Now Hannity and Geraldo are having a slug fest over whether these truckers are good guys are bad guys. I don't know why I tuned into this...
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

The irony over "Pro FReedom of Choice" is just lost on these knuts

Luke

Post by Luke »

Thanks for posting that, Dan! There was a good opportunity to post it as a reply about DL2XIT's soon-to-be-leaky site :P

ETA: Meant it as a reply to this, but folks got it...

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:36 pm If you can withdrawal all you money from an ATM, even multiple days etc.... face it, you're too poor to influence many banks. A girl I know at work was kid of impressed by some little phuck boy whose social media was basically slefies of him holding out a stack of money. It iwas all $100 bills, and not just a few on the top, it would still be at most a few thousand dollars.

So I asked her, is she impressed by that? I told her I'm a legit millionaire, I can buy any of those fancy and surely rented or borrowed cars he poses in front of with check. And yet, I hardly ever have more than $40 cash on me (what I take from an ATM when I need pocket money) and I drive a normal boring car even though I can choose anything the motorcar company make. People on IG trying to brag about how rich they are are in fact showing why they'll never have more than you can get from a hich limit ATM in a few days. Because they think $10,000 is a lot of money.
tsk tsk tsk - now let me show off....

;) https://www.joe.ie/news/pics-this-pile- ... ord-409313
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

dan1100 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:47 pm Now they've manage to hack GiveSendGo's entire database and some other stuff too.

https:// twitter.com/micahflee/status/1493654096078721027
Micah @micahflee
Donation site used by Freedom Convoy suffers 3rd data leak in two weeks. The new hack includes "a full 2.5 GB MySQL database dump, source code for their Bitbucket repo, information from their customer service systems” and limited credit card data
dailydot.com
Donation site used by Freedom Convoy suffers 3rd data leak in two weeks
GiveSendGo, the Christian crowdfunding service used by the Canadian trucker protest, has suffered yet another leak of internal data.
7:31 PM · Feb 15, 2022
BUT... But... but... it^s a hate crime :!: :!: :!:

:lol:

ETA. that website really needs to be punished to have continued after the initial hack and not fixed things asap
Luke

Post by Luke »

The Canadian Civil Liberties Association came out against the use of the Emergency Act.

@cancivlib Defending Canadian rights and freedoms since 1964. media@ccla.org
https://twitter.com/cancivlib/with_replies
CCLA STATEMENT ON THE EMERGENCIES ACT
By CCLA February 15, 2022
Home » PRESS RELEASES » CCLA Statement on the Emergencies Act

The federal government has not met the threshold necessary to invoke the Emergencies Act. This law creates a high and clear standard for good reason: the Act allows government to bypass ordinary democratic processes. This standard has not been met.

The Emergencies Act can only be invoked, according to its own terms, when a situation “seriously endangers the lives, health or safety of Canadians and is of such proportions or nature as to exceed the capacity or authority of a province to deal with it,” or “seriously threatens the ability of the Government of Canada to preserve the sovereignty, security and territorial integrity of Canada” and when the situation “cannot be effectively dealt with under any other law of Canada.”

The Emergencies Act is there to address these kinds of extreme threats to Canada, not to protect the economy.

Governments regularly deal with difficult situations, and do so using powers granted to them by democratically elected representatives. Emergency legislation should not be normalized. It threatens our democracy and our civil liberties.
TV interview with the very new head of CCLA, Noa Mendelsohn Aviv.
Canadian Civil Liberties Association @cancivlib·Feb 9
We are thrilled to announce the appointment of Noa Mendelsohn Aviv (@NMACanada) as the CCLA's new Executive Director and General Counsel.
Congratulations Noa, wishing you the best of success in your new role!
Video is here: https://www.cp24.com/video?clipId=2382262

Not seeing anything from the US ACLU but it's Canada I guess.

BBC has a deep dive into the Act at https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60381096. The Act only lasts for 30 days; the fruckers clearly haven't read or understood it.
Canada trucker protest: What powers will Emergencies Act give Trudeau?
Published 15 hours ago

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has invoked the never-used Emergencies Act to give his government enhanced authority in response to the anti-vaccine mandate protests and blockades gripping Canada. The law will grant Mr Trudeau's government extraordinary powers for 30 days - including the power to prohibit public assembly, travel and the use of specific property. The move comes amid weeks of disruptive - and expensive - demonstrations against Covid-19 restrictions.
► Show Spoiler

Fascinating to consider the balance of civil liberties with the economic and security issues the fruckers and protesters have created. While I get the CCLA's position, considering this has been going on for a long time with no real leader and massive disruption, I'm for using the Emergency Act if that's what Canada wants to do. It's their business. Does anybody have a counter opinion, that the Act shouldn't be passed in Parliament?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:44 pm
Gregg wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:36 pm If you can withdrawal all you money from an ATM, even multiple days etc.... face it, you're too poor to influence many banks. A girl I know at work was kid of impressed by some little phuck boy whose social media was basically slefies of him holding out a stack of money. It iwas all $100 bills, and not just a few on the top, it would still be at most a few thousand dollars.

tsk tsk tsk - now let me show off....

;) https://www.joe.ie/news/pics-this-pile- ... ord-409313
Original post here was an Ambien rant, but my point holds. The drug lord stacks, well that's another problem. That's too much cash to be usable. If someone without a banking history of large cash transactions just found $1 million cash in the woods, it wouldn't be much use to them. Free groceries for life? Its not like it can be out into a bank or used to buy anything legal for more than $10k.

dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:25 am The Canadian Civil Liberties Association came out against the use of the Emergency Act.

:snippity:
To me the ACLU is kind of the "Public Defender of Liberty".

Being the Public Defender of anything means that a lot of the time you are representing scumbags who deserve to lose in court because scumbags deserve lawyers too.

IMHO, they have a role to play and they are playing it. It doesn't mean I don't hope they get their *sses kicked in court.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:06 pm https: //twitter.com/NaheedD/status/1493633069273784321?s=20
Even one percent of $44MCD / day would house a lot of homeless.

Return to “Current Politics”