Bundy Clan 411

Poots are fighting for FreeDumb
Arthurwankspittle

Re: Bundy Clan 411

Post by Arthurwankspittle »

Azastan wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:46 pm I'm betting that he's going to be poot-splaining that he's allowed to have that specific firearm because it's 'antique' 'black powder' and wants the court to ignore the fact that the firearm can be easily converted to fire cartridges (which would be illegal for him to own).
I was trying to understand the issue here and did some searching, but I am not sure I have the full story. If I owned a musket that fired a ball and used black powder, that is allowed as it is an antique and can't do much else other than fire one ball propelled by black powder. This type of revolver though was originally designed to use a system of igniter, black powder and bullet which was constructed when loading the gun. However, a minor modification to the chambers and/or certain cartridge types and/or a modified or changed hammer and you have a "normal" late 19c revolver which would be prohibited for a felon to own.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Arthurwankspittle wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:09 am
Azastan wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:46 pm I'm betting that he's going to be poot-splaining that he's allowed to have that specific firearm because it's 'antique' 'black powder' and wants the court to ignore the fact that the firearm can be easily converted to fire cartridges (which would be illegal for him to own).
I was trying to understand the issue here and did some searching, but I am not sure I have the full story. If I owned a musket that fired a ball and used black powder, that is allowed as it is an antique and can't do much else other than fire one ball propelled by black powder. This type of revolver though was originally designed to use a system of igniter, black powder and bullet which was constructed when loading the gun. However, a minor modification to the chambers and/or certain cartridge types and/or a modified or changed hammer and you have a "normal" late 19c revolver which would be prohibited for a felon to own.
Yes, you have it correct, except that the antique firearms allowed under the law never used cartridges (cartridges didn't exist), they were only 'cap and ball'.

If the 'antique' firearm can be converted to use a cartridge, it is illegal for a felon to own. It is illegal for a felon to even own a conversion kit, as well.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Dave from down under wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:52 pm He will argue that it isn’t dangerous

After all.. that type of gun hasn’t ever hurt anyone… right??? :/
Just ask Alexander Hamilton.

Ifn he was believing that type is not a dangerous weapon, why would he be carrying an antique on a horse trip across the country? Either he thinks it is the same as any other weapon or he cannot handle the idea of not having a weapon with him at all times because it is their idol, their addiction.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Hay nao, at this point Burr would give you the same answer as Hamilton. :think:
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

northland10 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:41 am
...he cannot handle the idea of not having a weapon with him at all times because it is their idol, their addiction.
There's a reason why guns are called penis substitutes.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

It’s more than probable that the gun was just part of his cowboy cosplay costume. He’s too stupid to even bother to consider he might be breaking the law.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Uninformed wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:07 am It’s more than probable that the gun was just part of his cowboy cosplay costume. He’s too stupid to even bother to consider he might be breaking the law.
No, he is very specific to state that this is something he's allowed to possess. Like many poots, however, he picks and chooses the part of the law he wants to follow. In this case, it's "I can have this gun because it's black powder", whilst ignoring the part which states that it is illegal for him to possess if it can be converted to a firearm capable of firing cartridges.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

I can see where I’m confused

Here… a black power firearm is still a firearm..

Being in illegal possession doesn’t care..
(See below link)

A blunderbuss kills just as effectively as a modern shotgun
It just takes longer to reload and isn’t as accurate at longer ranges.

https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data/as ... rearms.pdf
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Dave from down under wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:26 pm I can see where I’m confused

Here… a black power firearm is still a firearm..

Because this is the United States of Amurika, and FREEDUMB!!!, there are different laws for different states, as well.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

While federal law allows felons to have antique firearms it doesn't look to me that Oregon law does. Duane is being charged by the State of Oregon, not the feds. Duane is being charged with a violation of ORS 160.270 (1) which reads:
ORS 166.270
Possession of weapons by certain felons

(1)Any person who has been convicted of a felony under the law of this state or any other state, or who has been convicted of a felony under the laws of the Government of the United States, who owns or has in the person’s possession or under the person’s custody or control any firearm commits the crime of felon in possession of a firearm.
Definition of firearm per ORS 166.210.
“Firearm” means a weapon, by whatever name known, which is designed to expel a projectile by the action of powder.
There is a definition of antique firearm in ORS that matches the federal definition however ORS 160.270 does not exclude antique firearms. Many other statutes do as detailed in ORS 166.460.
ORS 166.460
Antique firearms excepted

ORS 166.250 (Unlawful possession of firearms), 166.260 (Persons not affected by ORS 166.250), 166.291 (Issuance of concealed handgun license) to 166.295 (Renewal of license), 166.410 (Manufacture, importation or sale of firearms), 166.412 (Definitions), 166.425 (Unlawfully purchasing a firearm), 166.434 (Requirements for criminal background checks), 166.438 (Transfer of firearms at gun shows) and 166.450 (Obliteration or change of identification number on firearms) do not apply to antique firearms.
I could be wrong as IANAL and know nothing about guns.
Arthurwankspittle

Post by Arthurwankspittle »

Definition of firearm per ORS 166.210.
“Firearm” means a weapon, by whatever name known, which is designed to expel a projectile by the action of powder.
Better amend that as there are now electric rail guns.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The legislators can take their time, miniaturization to fit that slug thrower in your jacket is still some years away. Think of the development from dragable laptop to smartphone. :biggrin: Neither do I believe that a sovcit felon will get their hands on Navy surplus anytime soon.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:11 am The legislators can take their time, miniaturization to fit that slug thrower in your jacket is still some years away. Think of the development from dragable laptop to smartphone. :biggrin: Neither do I believe that a sovcit felon will get their hands on Navy surplus anytime soon.
This future might not be all that far off. Arc Flash Labs has started producing consumer coil guns. They are currently classified as 'air rifles' for regulation purposes, but I imagine as the designs improve the rules might need to catch up.
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

ZinWhit wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:59 pm I wrote something. Lots of links.

https://link.medium.com/L5vQnCKHQmb

Investigating Ammon's Money Trail
It's been a month and I've seen no journalist, expert or academic use or repeat it.

I guess the contained information and "following the money" not as important as I thought.

I've kinda known this for years and it's consistently a hard pill to swallow.

Hope AG's think it of import, that thought tempered with the knowledge of two trials and free roaming cattle (human and bovine).

I'm not certain what more I can do on this subject.
Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

WeDoubtItsNews once again displays its acute political expertise.

“Is Ammon Bundy the New Rex Rammel? Fool Me Once…”:
https://redoubtnews.com/2022/02/is-ammo ... l-me-once/
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Is this where to put Ammon Bundy news?
KBOI Radio @KBOIRadio·5h
Sources confirm to KBOI, Idaho Gubernatorial candidate Ammon Bundy will drop out of the GOP Primary and endorse Janice McGeachin. Should McGeachin win the primary, Bundy will withdraw completely. Should Brad Little win the GOP primary, McGeachin will endorse Bundy in the general.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Ammo says this is fake news - we shall see.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

ZinWhit wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:36 am
ZinWhit wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:59 pm I wrote something. Lots of links.

https://link.medium.com/L5vQnCKHQmb

Investigating Ammon's Money Trail
It's been a month and I've seen no journalist, expert or academic use or repeat it.

I guess the contained information and "following the money" not as important as I thought.

I've kinda known this for years and it's consistently a hard pill to swallow.

Hope AG's think it of import, that thought tempered with the knowledge of two trials and free roaming cattle (human and bovine).

I'm not certain what more I can do on this subject.
I'm sorry if you mentioned this already - I haven't followed this thread that closely - but have you tried sending it to Rachel Maddow's show/producers?

I'll admit up front that I don't know much about how such news shows pick their stories, but the impression that I get from her is that she and/or her team sometimes find stories in small newspapers or on various websites, and your's being on Medium might "qualify". Anyway, I'm just throwing this on the wall to see if anything sticks, but if it's a stupid idea, then I apologize for wasting your time.

It just strikes me as the kind of story where she could do one of her "here's a lot of backstory for you leading to this new part of the story" reports. She recently got into some of the Bundy stuff when doing a story on the Oathkeepers. She did a nice bit on the Bunkerville stand-off, and seemed disgusted by law enforcement just basically giving up and letting him keep doing his criming. She didn't get into Malheur, but it seems like it could be a hook she could use to then get into Ammon's current run for governor. I know she's off for the next few weeks, but if you haven't tried reaching her producers yet, you might think about it.
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

Thank you for the suggestion. I've chased media people with info before. It's exhausting.

Regarding Bundy’s bid, after chastising Shelman, he formally announced he will run as an independent via a press release.

"Therefore, I am announcing that I will not be running in the Republican primary and instead will run as an Independent candidate."

https://idahodispatch.com/press-release ... ouncement/
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

I'm sure that's really going to scare all the other Earthlings who want to be gubnor of the Gem State. :roll:
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

I was surprised he ran GOP, this announcement no surprise.

For perspective,

"However, there is a political party that speaks to and advocates for the fundamentalist theo-constitutionalists and their brand of Originalist thought so that they do not need to ideologiglcally succumb to the lesser of two evils politic.

The Independent American Party is the current political party of the fundamentalist theo-conservatives. Closely aligning themselves with the larger Constitution Party, they share a core of theo-constitutional beliefs.

Along with a divinely inspired Constitution and the rights contained within, Natural Law is a core principle of fundamentalist theo-constitutionalism. It a consistent part LaVoy Finicum’s stump speech. Natural Law is a complex subject with many interpretations, with even Bert’s Smith’s NCCS having its own.

Complete with a flag themed cowboy hat, fundamentalist sagebrush reb Shawna Cox describes her version during a speech for the IAP while hawking her book, Last Rancher Standing: The Cliven Bundy Story a Close Up View, as:

You were there first;
You claim a right and use it; and,
You defend it.

In Deseret’s Dixie, never mind the natives.

Federal Election Commission submissions indicate Skousen associated Smith was a supporter of both the Constitution Party and the IAP. Theo-con theme park Bill Doughty is also an IAP contributor.

Bert helped fund LDS and former IAP member Sharon Angle who unsuccessfully ran for the NV Senate seat held by Senator Harry Reid (also LDS). Cliven Bundy is an outspoken member and so is the Mayor of Mesquite, NV. The party, a split from the George Wallace American Independent Party, began in Utah and is Nevada’s third largest."
curmudgeon
Verified:

Post by curmudgeon »

Therefore, I am announcing that I will not be running in the Republican primary and instead will run as an Independent candidate.
Translation: I'm giving up but please continue to send money.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

scirreeve wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:25 am Ammo says this is fake news - we shall see.
wow all 10s of people asked great questions
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

LOL - I am on vacation and not on line much. Here is the Independent American Party dude.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.73 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

scirreeve wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:02 am LOL - I am on vacation and not on line much. Here is the Independent American Party dude.
Capture.JPG
OMFSM I had forgotten about him. :lol:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Bundys and their elk”