trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
filly

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by filly »

#Shittergate guy issues a statement calling Maggie Haberman "Maggot Haberman."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... erman.html

Aside from the below juvenile insult, "maggot" is awfully close to MAGA.

So I'm no fan of Maggie and will not buy or read her book but apparently #Shittergate and the allegations he's been talking to Kim Jong Un have struck a nerve.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Either way it was disseminating very classified material from Israel to Russia and some Grade A Bullshit.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

filly wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:07 pm #Shittergate guy issues a statement calling Maggie Haberman "Maggot Haberman."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... erman.html

So I'm no fan of Maggie and will not buy or read her book but apparently #Shittergate and the allegations he's been talking to Kim Jong Un have struck a nerve.
It is good to see his middle school insult game hasn't slipped.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/11/politics ... index.html
(CNN)Worried that a trove of White House records that had been brought to Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate contained classified material, a top official in the former President's orbit warned his aides last fall: Do not touch those boxes.

The senior official in Trump's inner circle did not want to risk exposing sensitive materials to aides who may have lacked the appropriate security clearances, according to a person familiar with the matter. The boxes, which were being stored at the time in Trump's personal suite at his Florida club, had landed on the National Archives and Records Administration's radar after officials there noticed that several items were missing from their catalog of Trump White House records.

In May 2021, the realization that important items from Trump's time in office -- including some of his correspondence with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un and infamous Sharpie-altered map of Hurricane Dorian -- were not transferred to the Archives at the end of his presidency prompted NARA officials to contact Trump's team.

Longtime Archives lawyer Gary Stern first reached out to a person from the White House counsel's office who had been designated as the President Records Act point of contact about the record-keeping issue, hoping to locate the missing items and initiate their swift transfer back to NARA, said multiple sources familiar with the matter. The person had served as one of Trump's impeachment defense attorneys months earlier and, as deputy counsel, was among the White House officials typically involved in ensuring records were properly preserved during the transfer of power and Trump's departure from office.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hic sunt dracones
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

filly wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:07 pm #Shittergate guy issues a statement calling Maggie Haberman "Maggot Haberman."
Which is why his followers are sometimes called MAGAts :) Yes, it's juvenile, and I'm normally not at all a fan of derogatory nicknames, but in their case it somehow seems almost appropriate
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Did we know his memoir has come out? I'm reading a review in wapo and I keep checking the date to see if it is April. It's a picture-book memoir with captions written by TFG, some in sharpie.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/books/20 ... -together/ (Pay Wall)
Images are the perfect lexicon for Trump to articulate a fantastical revision of his four chaotic years in office. Freed from the complexities of language or the context of history, the former president spins a dreamscape of adulation and triumph. A shot of his inauguration crowd spread out across the Mall doesn’t have to contend with his administration’s first official alternative fact.

It’s remarkable how effectively this presentation captures Trump’s wandering mind and self-sabotaging bitterness. Early in the book, there’s a two-page spread showing men repairing a grandfather clock: “After eight years of President Obama,” Trump writes, “we needed to make the White House GREAT again.” No moment, no matter how celebratory, can calm this author’s need to lash out at his perceived enemies. Another spread shows Trump talking from a podium about his historic tax cut with “some conservative patriots and some weak RINOs.” Even death can’t quell the man’s bile: A photo in the Oval Office of Trump speaking to John and Cindy McCain says, “John McCain visited me in the White House, asking for a job for his wife. I am smiling, but I didn’t like him even a little bit.” Below a photo of an intimate dinner party that includes Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner and Mark Zuckerberg, Trump writes, “Mark Zuckerberg would come to the White House and kiss my ass.” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), shown negotiating in a conference room, is “f---ing CRAZY – hence the name Crazy Nancy!” (That is one of the few captions written in Sharpie, and it hovers over an image of the presidential seal.)

In short, this is a memoir spun from the thin gruel of musty propaganda and cherished grudges. Turning these pages is like watching an old man dust his Hummel figurines and whine about the neighbors.

The book is published by Winning Team Publishing, which describes itself as “the nation’s premier conservative publishing house.” It was launched last year by Donald Trump Jr. and former Trump campaign aide Sergio Gor. “Our Journey Together” was supposed to be ready for Christmas. But Winning Team’s printer ran into supply problems. Trump told Fox News: “They have no paper, they have no glue, they have no leather.” Make that pleather, but that’s no matter. The man who once hawked vodka, real estate classes, spring water and steaks is on a roll.
It's available for $74.99, plus shipping. :vomit:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Coming soon to the Dollar (.25) Store near you.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:bighug:

Acosta always brings a smile and chuckle to my weekends.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I read the full article.

:puke: :puke: :puke:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Selling Trump: A Profitable Post-Presidency Like No Other
Much as he did while in the White House, Donald Trump has thoroughly blurred the lines between his political ambitions and his business interests, with a wide-ranging set of moneymaking ventures.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/12/us/p ... rests.html
In early December, Donald J. Trump put on a tuxedo and boarded the private jet of a scrap-metal magnate and crypto-miner for a short flight across Florida, touching down at an airport in Naples. There, a long red carpet marked the pathway into a Christmas-decorated hangar filled with supporters of Mr. Trump who had paid $10,000 to $30,000 for the privilege of attending a party and taking a photo with him.

The event had all the trappings of a typical high-end fund-raiser: a giant American flag, a lectern, chandeliers and an open bar. Frank Stallone’s band provided the music; an anti-Biden “Let’s Go Brandon” banner hung from the rafters.

But the money raised did not go to Mr. Trump’s political operation. Instead, Mr. Trump’s share of the evening’s proceeds went straight into his pocket, according to a person familiar with the arrangement.
:snippity:
It was Mr. Keltner who arranged the flight for Mr. Trump to Naples, on the plane of Adam Weitsman, a crypto-mining investor who also owns a scrap-metal company in New York. Mr. Weitsman said he flew Mr. Trump and the former first lady as a “favor” to Mr. Keltner.
He said he did not have to pay for the privilege. (emphasis added) “I just gave them a ride,” Mr. Weitsman said, adding that the Trumps were very nice and respectful.
:sick:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I thought this clip was a satire, both book and review, until I clicked the link. Good lord, he wants this to be what the world remembers him by??
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

No! No! This is only a fundraiser. The world will remember him as winning the 2024 election or so he believes
raison de arizona

:crazy:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

What the actual phuck is he talking about? Was there some earth shattering new thing that I missed today?

Or did Vanky just leave the child resistant lid off the Adderall bottle?

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I mean, if it's the biggest scandal since Watergate, I ought to be able to find it on The Washington Post website without entering a search, right?

:smoking:

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Gregg wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:54 am I mean, if it's the biggest scandal since Watergate, I ought to be able to find it on The Washington Post website without entering a search, right?

:smoking:
See, you went to the wrong D.C. newspaper --the right-wing Examiner has it.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... use-office
tek

Post by tek »

"Robert" Durham, eh?

:think:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Doppelgänger! :biggrin:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Fox and Friends is on it, big time. Even had Gym Jordan in this morning to blather on. I believe Maria Bartiromo is diving deep into the big scandal on her Sunday show. Haven't seen anything on CNN.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I tell you: It's a constipation conspiration :!:
Trump accuses Hillary Clinton campaign of TREASON after Special Counsel John Durham said they paid tech firm to hack into his White House and Trump Tower servers to find Russia links
  • Hillary Clinton's lawyers worked to 'infiltrate' Trump Tower, White House servers
    Claim was made in John Durham's investigation which brought charges against an FBI attorney and a former Hilary Clinton campaign worker
    Donald Trump reacted furiously on Saturday, saying those involved were guilty of treason
    He also added that such behavior would previously have resulted in execution
    Durham was appointed by then-Attorney General William Barr to lead a review into the Russia investigation
    Trump's most fervent supporters believe officials in the Obama administration looked to sabotage Trump's candidacy in 2016 and later his presidency
    He said Durham's investigation would reveal the truth, but lamented that the findings did not come before his 2020 presidential election loss
    Durham's investigation brought charges against an FBI attorney and a former Hilary Clinton campaign worker
    It also led to the arrest of a Russian-born spy charged with lying to FBI agents
    Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation yielded no evidence of criminal conspiracy or coordination between the Trump campaign and Russian officials
    After Mueller's investigation, Barr appointed Durham to investigate origins of the FBI's original Russia probe, which began in July 2016
By JAMES GORDON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 00:01 GMT, 13 February 2022 | UPDATED: 11:04 GMT, 13 February 2022

Donald Trump has furiously accused Hillary Clinton's election campaign of treason after a special counsel said her team had tried to spy on his White House servers in a bid to find ties to Russia to smear him with.

The former president unleashed a furious broadside on Saturday, claiming that Team Clinton's behavior would once have merited execution, after Special Counsel John Durham made a court filing explaining the alleged hack.

Trump said: 'The latest pleading from Special Counsel (John) Durham proves indisputable evidence that my campaign and presidency were spied on by operatives paid by the Hillary Clinton campaign in an effort to develop a completely fabricated connection to Russia.

'This is a scandal far greater in scope and magnitude than Watergate and those who were involved in and knew about this spying operation should be subject to criminal prosecution.'

Trump continued: 'In a stronger period of time in our country, this crime would have been punishable by death. In addition, reparations should be paid to those in our country who have been damaged by this.' The behavior described in the filings is akin to what Democrats have repeatedly accused Team Trump of doing since 2016, without providing any evidence in support of their claims.

Donald Trump Jr echoed his father's words on Twitter, writing: 'BREAKING: Donald Trump and the RNC funded SIGINT collection AGAINST the Executive Office of the President of the United States, just like the Russians do. This is TREASON!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rvers.html
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Gregg wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:51 am What the actual phuck is he talking about? Was there some earth shattering new thing that I missed today?

Or did Vanky just leave the child resistant lid off the Adderall bottle?
Durham issued a new filing on the sussman case where he makes a bunch of claims about DNS lookups to confuse the rubes. There's nothing there. The SOL expired and he later goes on to say the same thing happened under Obama just another nothing burger. Emptywheel did an article about it

https://www.emptywheel.net/2022/02/12/j ... ion-tolls/
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
tek

Post by tek »

Not seeing anything from the major media sources on this.

All the reporting seems to tie back to the daily mail or the washington examiner.

But once again, the lie makes it halfway around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
raison de arizona

:lol:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:05 am :lol:
Is it full of blank pages like this one?
https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/why-trump ... n=14386016
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”