Hijack This Thread

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:23 pm no need to buy weapons illegally before hunting BLM and antifa supporters, FL gives for free...
And you thought those toss-the-guns in the ocean scenes were just a Hollywood thing. South Miami. Imma thinking ballistics are going to match up to something.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:21 pm

:cantlook: :brickwallsmall: one would expect someone that is selfmedicating to at least read the formula of intake. But when one beliefs to have the constitution of a horse...
Liquid ivermectin is usually a pour on form, meant for cattle. In horses, liquid ivermectin is meant to be used as either an oral drench (delivered to the back of the throat) or through a stomach tube. I don't think it's available for horses in the US, though.

Most liquid ivermectin is formulated to be injected into cattle or swine, or is formulated as a pour on for cattle/swine/goats. Horses do not have a pour on formulation.

So this guy was using dewormer meant to be either injected into cattle or swine, or a pour on formula, also meant for cattle or swine.
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

Speaking of my father, he asked me to go down to the DMV this morning to check out what he needed to bring. I brought the form back, he filled it out, and zoomed down to the DMV in his pickup.

He just got back from DMV and YES, Nebraska renewed his drivers license for another 5 years. He will be 105 before he needs to do it again. :faint:

ETA: It turns out that the guy behind the counter was a Marine and my Dad made sure to tell him that in WWII he served on the heavy cruiser, USS Louisville. He did the "aiming" of a 5" gun battery when it came time to shell any resistance the Marines were facing.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:boxing: :thumbsup:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

Been sitting on a piece for over a year, titled The Graveyard of the Free Souls. The Free Souls are a 1% MC from Eugene, est. 1969.

I gotta finish it.
Attachments
20200831_152610.jpg
20200831_152610.jpg (277.74 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:waiting:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Uninformed wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:30 pm :boxing: :thumbsup:
Go, Dad!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

US Coast Guard working to rescue 20 people trapped on floating ice on Lake Erie

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/06/us/lake- ... %3A24%3A18
A rescue operation is underway for 20 people trapped on ice near Catawba Island, on Lake Erie, according to a tweet from the US Coast Guard's 9th District.

The Coast Guard said a sheet of floating ice broke away while the individuals were snowmobiling.

Authorities are using a Coast Guard Station Marblehead airboat and an Air Station Detroit helicopter to rescue the stranded group, the tweet said. A "good Samaritan" with an airboat is also assisting with the operation.

The National Weather Service had warned earlier on Twitter that increased wind could cause ice to break away from the lake's shore.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

3 days ago I was taking my grandbrats home from fencing class when the weather took a terrible turn. I got them home safely but on my way home from there the shit got so bad even my car couldn't see where it was going and gave me this alert...
Eye Sght.jpg
Eye Sght.jpg (67.39 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
Imagine that! :shock:
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

MsDaisy wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:19 pm 3 days ago I was taking my grandbrats home from fencing class when the weather took a terrible turn. I got them home safely but on my way home from there the shit got so bad even my car couldn't see where it was going and gave me this alert...

Yeah, I've had that happen with my Outback during a Midwestern downpour a few times. I'm surprised at how much rain it takes before it goes completely offline though. It is a little distracting, at the wrong time, when the warning chimes go off and the instrument cluster lights up like a christmas tree.

It's proven to be very surefooted in the white stuff. We had about 8.5" of snow last week and I did a grocery store run in the middle of it. It never skipped a beat in X-Mode, even on the fairly steep entrance into the Kroger parking lot. Come fall I'll probably replace the now half worn OEM tires with a set of Cross Climates which will make it handle even better.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

I nominate Northland10 for law school. :P

We told Mikedunford to go, and look what happened ... :towel:
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I learned all the important legal terms from Dunford. Oddly, I have trouble finding them in Black's law dictionary.
101010 :towel:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

MsDaisy wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:19 pm 3 days ago I was taking my grandbrats home from fencing class when the weather took a terrible turn. I got them home safely but on my way home from there the shit got so bad even my car couldn't see where it was going and gave me this alert...

Eye Sght.jpg

Eye Sight -- that's an alert I've never seen on a car -- I need an upgrade. :oldman:
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

neonzx wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:20 am

Eye Sght.jpg

Eye Sight -- that's an alert I've never seen on a car -- I need an upgrade. :oldman:
The only "advanced" safety feature my last car had was ABS and I hadn't really looked at new cars for 9 years. My Outback has a whole list of features that nobody was talking about in 2011. What I'm sure is a partial list:

Pre-collision Throttle Management and Braking: If the system detects a potential collision it rolls back the throttle and automatically applies the brakes.
Lane Departure Warning: Sounds a chime and will steer the car back into the lane if the system detects you straying from the lane.
Lane Centering: While using cruise control, keeps the car centered in the lane. (I don't think this works all that well and don't generally use it. I've been told that my cameras may need to be recalibrated.)
Rear Cross Traffic Alert: When in reverse it alerts you to traffic coming from the sides. Very useful in a parking lot when you find yourself sandwiched between a pair of Texas-sized SUVs.
Automatic Rear Braking: If the system detects a potential rear collision it automatically applies the brakes.
Steering Responsive Headlights: The headlights turn slightly in the direction the car is steering in order to give a better view of what's around the bend.
Adaptive Cruise Control: This is my favorite feature. Reduces speed from what is set when you come up behind slower traffic to maintain a set distance behind them. I spend a lot of time on I-70 between Indy and St. Louis. I-70 carries a lot of truck traffic and I tend to drive fairly close to the speed limit. This means I spend a lot of time behind trucks waiting for faster traffic to go around in the left lane. In my last car it meant cancelling and re-engaging cruise control dozens of times a trip. With ACC the car throttle backs automatically and when I pull into the left lane it resumes its previously set speed. I thought it was just a kind of neat feature until I took my first trip in it.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer

Pre-collision Throttle Management and Braking

I envisioned my dad driving the car with four kids in it a la the 1960's. He gets mad at us and starts to throttle the closest kid. Mom intervenes (braking). :biggrin:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

My 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe has a lot of those nice safety feature, but I have to sometimes laugh on very cold days when I back out of my driveway. If it's cold enough, the exhaust from the tailpipe condenses as it comes out of the tailpipe and forms a cloud. My car starts beeping at me, informing me that I'm approaching a solid object.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Yeah, mine periodically thinks there's an issue with a section of concrete driveway on the left side of the car as I'm backing out of the garage. My exhaust is on that side of the car but it sleeps in a heated garage so I don't get a whole lot of cold-start vapor. I've also had the front braking trigger for no apparent reason once. It also saved my bacon when somebody darted out from a side street without so much as slowing down for the stop sign. I saw it coming and was almost on the brake pedal but the car beat me to it.
John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:05 am Lane Departure Warning: Sounds a chime and will steer the car back into the lane if the system detects you straying from the lane.
Does this kick in when somebody changes lanes without signaling? If so, I think they found a device that I have been hoping for, in others' cars since I am one of 10 in the Chicago area who realizes my car came with a turn signal. I am one of 3 who realizes that you are supposed to start signaling before you change lanes, not when you are already 75% into the other lane.

The other feature I want is one that lets off the gas before they get too close to the car in front. This would stop the gun and brake way of following traffic which causes traffic to slow down because everybody else sees the brake lights and hits theirs, even if they are 3 lanes over. I wondered if this was a cause of much of the backups and my beloved Mythbusters tested it and said, confirmed

One feature I do not want to ever give up is the backup camera. I really could have used that on my old pickup when I lived in Evanston and had to parallel park in the street. Mr. OCD Control Issues finds this feature to be wonderfully helpful for all manners of parking. Remember, do not park in a lot that I may be in (walking or driving) unless you are prepared to be graded in your parking skill.
101010 :towel:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Thé feature I’m grateful for on my 2013 pre-safety-feature-for-every-contingency Lexus is the BSM ( blind side mirror) warning which flashes when something’s in your blind spot. Saves wringing one’s neck, and mine doesn’t swivel as much as it used to before smart phones.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

When my sweetie passed away in 2018, we owned a 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe (mine) and a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe (his). It was amazing how many safety features Hyundai had added in those 5 years! It was an easy decision to sell my Santa Fe and start driving his. I wish all new cars had those extra features. Fortunately, they're becoming more standard on more cars over time.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I just noticed that it's Realist's special week, so everyone should give him a virtual high-five or pat on the back!
Estiveoshot_20220207_124423.jpg
Image Image Image Image
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I don't think I could ever have been a court reporter -- (1) my hearing is horrible and (2) I probably would have to pass a series of courses which I would not find interesting.

But I think realist is retired now so all good.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

northland10 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:00 pm
Shizzle Popped wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:05 am Lane Departure Warning: Sounds a chime and will steer the car back into the lane if the system detects you straying from the lane.
Does this kick in when somebody changes lanes without signaling? If so, I think they found a device that I have been hoping for, in others' cars since I am one of 10 in the Chicago area who realizes my car came with a turn signal. I am one of 3 who realizes that you are supposed to start signaling before you change lanes, not when you are already 75% into the other lane.

The other feature I want is one that lets off the gas before they get too close to the car in front. This would stop the gun and brake way of following traffic which causes traffic to slow down because everybody else sees the brake lights and hits theirs, even if they are 3 lanes over. I wondered if this was a cause of much of the backups and my beloved Mythbusters tested it and said, confirmed

One feature I do not want to ever give up is the backup camera. I really could have used that on my old pickup when I lived in Evanston and had to parallel park in the street. Mr. OCD Control Issues finds this feature to be wonderfully helpful for all manners of parking. Remember, do not park in a lot that I may be in (walking or driving) unless you are prepared to be graded in your parking skill.
Yeah, the lane departure turns off momentarily when you use the turn signal. Unfortunately, people who don't use their turn signals habitually will probably find it annoying and turn the feature off completely. I don't think it resets to a default "on" position at restart either.

The second feature is probably deeper into self driving than most new cars have progressed so far. The Outback will do an emergency throttle back or hold a set following distance if the cruise is on but that won't help in heavy commuter traffic.

My first car with a backup camera was a 2011 Mazda CX-7. Mrs. Shizzle's car at the time was a much fancier 2009 Mazda 6 but it didn't have a backup camera and I always missed it when I drove that car. I think all cars from 2018 forward are required to have backup cameras.
John Adams
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:20 pm Thé feature I’m grateful for on my 2013 pre-safety-feature-for-every-contingency Lexus is the BSM ( blind side mirror) warning which flashes when something’s in your blind spot. Saves wringing one’s neck, and mine doesn’t swivel as much as it used to before smart phones.
This is a requirement for any new car Mrs. Shizzle buys. She has limited vision in her left eye and has a hard time with the blind spot on that side. Her old Mazda had a red light in the mirror and would scream at you if you put your turn signal on when another car was there. The system in the Outback isn't nearly as good. There's a rather large amber indicator on the side of the mirror that comes on solid whenever there's a car in the blind spot. It sounds okay, but in practice the light isn't very bright and doesn't draw attention to itself. It's fine at night but on a very sunny day I rarely notice it. There's no audible warning if you try to change lanes with something in the blind spot, which is a little odd since the car beeps at you for absolutely everything else.
John Adams

Return to “General Stuff”