Assault on the Capitol (DC)

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by bill_g »

I'm convinced a number of these guys are mentally ill, and I'm not convinced they can be helped. What I'm not sure of is whether it's better to incarcerate them, or just send their bodies to the fertilizer factory.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

bill_g wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:19 am I'm convinced a number of these guys are mentally ill, and I'm not convinced they can be helped. What I'm not sure of is whether it's better to incarcerate them, or just send their bodies to the fertilizer factory.
Well, Soylent Green was set in 2022...
Image Image Image Image
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Estiveo wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:34 am
bill_g wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:19 am I'm convinced a number of these guys are mentally ill, and I'm not convinced they can be helped. What I'm not sure of is whether it's better to incarcerate them, or just send their bodies to the fertilizer factory.
Well, Soylent Green was set in 2022...
My subsconcious may have known that cuz SG was the immediate thought that boiled to the top.

Everyone is entitled to a defense, but sometimes you have to ask "to what end?"
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Just received this update email and sharing it in spoiler. When you look at the volume, it's pretty amazing what the DOJ is getting done.
Update to Capitol Breach Cases Webpage
U.S. Department of Justice <usdoj@public.govdelivery.com> Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 1:19 PM
Reply-To: usdoj@public.govdelivery.com
The United States Department of Justice

This information has been added or updated: Capitol Breach Cases for U.S. Department of Justice.

Entry Last Updated: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 09:11:48 -0500
CHANSLEY, Jacob Anthony (aka Jacob Angeli)
02/04/2022 09:10 AM EST

Case number: 1:21-cr-3
Name: CHANSLEY, Jacob Anthony (aka Jacob Angeli)
Charges:
Civil Disorder; Obsrtuction of an Official Proceeding; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building

Associated Documents: Associated document, Associated document, Associated document, Associated document, Associated document
Location of arrest: ARIZONA, Phoenix
Case status:
Arrested 1/9/21. Indicted 1/11/21. Arraigned 1/29/21 and pleaded not guilty to all counts.

Plea agreement entered 9/3.

Sentenced 11/17 to 41 months in prison followed by 36 months supervised release.

Defendant remains committed.
► Show Spoiler
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

In case you've memory holed him, Hostetter is the police chief turned yogi turned insurrectionist that is going pro se.
Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews wrote: Feds want extra time to continue to prepare evidence. (One of the largest criminal investigations in Justice Dept history)

Prosecutor says co-defendants are OK with a time extension.. but indicates Hostetter is not

Standby....

Judge is going to extend deadlines nonetheless. Til March 31

Prosecutor asks the court to "admonish" Hostetter for filing *sealed* materials in his motion to dismiss case. (Hostetter is serving as his own lawyer)

Judge tells Hostetter to make sure he's in compliance in future
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
G.O.P. Declares Jan. 6 Attack ‘Legitimate Political Discourse’
The Republican National Committee voted to censure Representatives Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger for participating in the inquiry into the deadly riot at the Capitol.

By Jonathan Weisman and Reid J. Epstein
Feb. 4, 2022
Updated 1:41 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON — The Republican Party on Friday officially declared the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol and events that led to it “legitimate political discourse,” formally rebuking two lawmakers in the party who have been most outspoken in condemning the deadly riot and the role of Donald J. Trump in spreading the election lies that fueled it.

The Republican National Committee’s overwhelming voice vote to censure Representatives Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Adam Kinzinger of Illinois at its winter meeting in Salt Lake City culminated more than a year of vacillation, which started with party leaders condemning the Capitol attack and Mr. Trump’s conduct, then shifted to downplaying and denying it.

On Friday, the party went further in a resolution slamming Ms. Cheney and Mr. Kinzinger for taking part in the House investigation of the assault, saying they were participating in “persecution of ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse.”

It was an extraordinary statement about the deadliest attack on the Capitol in 200 years, in which a mob of Mr. Trump’s supporters stormed the complex, brutalizing police officers and sending lawmakers into hiding. Nine people died in connection with the attack and more than 150 officers were injured. The party passed the resolution without discussion and almost without dissent.

The censure is the latest and most forceful effort by the Republican Party to minimize what happened and the broader attempt by Mr. Trump and his allies to invalidate the results of the 2020 election. In approving it and opting to punish two of its own, Republicans seemed to embrace a position that many of them have only hinted at: that the assault and the actions that preceded it were acceptable.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/04/us/p ... nsure.html
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

PS. well, well, well ... then those BLM and Antifa riots like in Portland WA become also ‘Legitimate Political Discourse’. not?
raison de arizona

The Republican Party has officially gone completely insane.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

They are never, ever living this one down.

The meme generator is broken.

"Justifiable Political Discourse" Mmm hmm.
Jan 6 Capital Noose.jpg
Jan 6 Capital Noose.jpg (104.04 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Whatever sane republicans still remain in the party need to get out and form a new conservative party ASAP. They need to abandon these fascists and start fighting against them. This should have already been happening. Granted, they won't be able to win many elections initially, but it could weaken the republican party enough to make stealing elections harder for them - particularly if some/most of the voter suppression/we'll-pick-the-winner laws get overturned by courts (should there be suits about that already or is there something that has to happen before such suits can be filed?).

Maybe I'm still living in a state of denial, believing there actually ARE republicans who disagree with the general direction of the party, but I don't think so. I think some of them are just waiting for a national leader to step up and give them something to organize around or are too scared of letting democrats have too much power. I dunno, but everything going on in the republican party right now is just insane.
raison de arizona

Liz Cheney, demonstrating why she can't cut it in today's Republican party.
raison de arizona

Kyle Cheney @kyledcheney wrote: HAPPENING NOW: Jan. 6 defendant Richard Barnard, facing sentencing for a misdemeanor charge, tells a judge he lost a "six figure job," his retirement and his credit rating.

"There’s nothing the court can do to me that will come even close to what I’ve lost."
People who should of used their noggin on the 6th...
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Fucked around....
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:10 pmFucked around....
; Found out.
raison de arizona

The censure: https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/ ... 8/full.pdf
It's bad. They're crazy.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:09 pm
Kyle Cheney @kyledcheney wrote: HAPPENING NOW: Jan. 6 defendant Richard Barnard, facing sentencing for a misdemeanor charge, tells a judge he lost a "six figure job," his retirement and his credit rating.

"There’s nothing the court can do to me that will come even close to what I’ve lost."
People who should of used their noggin on the 6th...
How did he lose his retirement? 401(k), vested pension, and personal investments and savings remain his.
Edit: Anyone know what the six-figure job was? Unlike with many defendants I’m not seeing it.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

How far did the pendulum have to swing before I felt compelled to buy Rep Cheney a beer?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:29 pm How far did the pendulum have to swing before I felt compelled to buy Rep Cheney a beer?
Just look at any of her votes or positions that DON'T have to do with Trump or January 6th and they will disabuse you of that notion. But yeah, one can at least disagree with her politically without her being a complete wack job, unlike the rest of the Republican party (minus Kinzinger.)
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:38 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:29 pm How far did the pendulum have to swing before I felt compelled to buy Rep Cheney a beer?
Just look at any of her votes or positions that DON'T have to do with Trump or January 6th and they will disabuse you of that notion. But yeah, one can at least disagree with her politically without her being a complete wack job, unlike the rest of the Republican party (minus Kinzinger.)
Both call Democrats all sorts of stupid names and have deplorable stances on issues.

Who had Cheney becoming a pariah among Republicans on their bingo card?
bob

Post by bob »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:19 pmHow did he lose his retirement? 401(k), vested pension, and personal investments and savings remain his.
To be generous, I inferred he meant "the retirement I had envisioned," e.g, the golden years playing golf and sipping martinis.

Instead, he'll be working longer, for less, and will not enjoy his later years as much.
Image ImageImage
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:16 pm
I notice that there is no license plate on that camper. I can't see if the car has plates, or if it has plates that explain to any passing police officer that the vehicle (not car) is not being operated in commerce and therefore needs no license plate.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

"Legitimate Political Discourse"

Republican National Committee

Fuck every single one of them.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

They seem to forget WE WATCHED IT ON THE TEE VEE AT THE TIME, so it's kind of hard to persuade a lot of people that it didn't happen.

:doh:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
raison de arizona

Foggy wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:58 pm They seem to forget WE WATCHED IT ON THE TEE VEE AT THE TIME, so it's kind of hard to persuade a lot of people that it didn't happen.

:doh:
Doesn't matter.
Donald Trump wrote:What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening.
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-44959340
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

At the end of the above story, there is a bit avout once they took the kids to CPS, they were spouting Svo nonsense, too. That's reason enough for me to never let them see the kids again.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”