Hijack This Thread

Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by Volkonski »

Officials Charge Man Who Said He Was ‘Coming for’ Biden
A Kansas man also described members of the Secret Service as “agents of darkness” and threatened one agent with a bullet, according to court records.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/29/us/s ... &smtyp=cur
A Kansas man who told a Secret Service agent he was “coming for” President Biden was charged on Friday with making threats against the president, according to federal court documents.

The man, Scott Ryan Merryman, made the threats over three days, starting on Tuesday, when he called the police in Independence, Kan., and said he was heading to Washington, D.C., to see the president, according to an affidavit filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland.

The U.S. Secret Service called Mr. Merryman on Wednesday and he told an agent that he had been instructed by God to visit Mr. Biden and to lop off “the head of the serpent in the heart of the nation,” according to an affidavit written by Lisa Koerber, an agent with the Secret Service.

Mr. Merryman said he was not referring to Mr. Biden and that he was not making a threat against the president, the affidavit said.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Florida Appeals Court Says Families Can’t Force Hospitals to Treat Gravely Ill COVID-19 Patients with Ivermectin and Melatonin

https://lawandcrime.com/covid-19-pandem ... melatonin/
A Florida appellate court has ruled that a COVID-19 patient’s family cannot force a hospital to treat the patient with ivermectin, melatonin, or other treatments against the hospital’s will. Citing state law, the judges decided that patients have the right to refuse treatment or choose among treatment options, but not to force a medical provider to provide any specific treatment.

A unanimous per curiam opinion by a three-judge panel at the First District Court of Appeal — yes, the proper name is singular — rejected a plea by the family and upheld the ruling of a trial court. The lower court refused to grant emergency injunctive relief to force the Mayo Clinic Florida to administer a protocol of “specific doses of Lovenox, aspirin, Famotidine, Dexamethasone, Fluvoxamine, Doxycycline, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Zinc, Melatonin, and ivermectin” to Daniel Pisano, a 71-year-old man who was being treated at the Mayo Clinic for COVID-19.

According to the opinion, which was rendered on Jan. 14 but published on Jan. 27, Pisano was admitted to the clinic on Dec. 11, 2021, and his condition soon deteriorated. Within a week, he was on a ventilator and in a medically-induced coma in the intensive care unit. His family, including wife Claudia Pisano and son Christopher Pisano, were told by the doctors at the hospital that they had exhausted the possible course of treatment and estimated his chance of survival to be between 0-5%.

An outside doctor, Dr. Ed Balboa, was the one who recommended the alternative protocol that included ivermectin and other treatments, and Pisano’s family requested that the Mayo Clinic administer this protocol, offering to sign a waiver releasing the hospital from all liability if they did so.

Mayo Clinic, like most hospitals, has a “closed staff” and only allows its own approved doctors to treat patients within its facilities. In addition to not being an employee of or under contract with Mayo Clinic, Balbona failed to meet several of Mayo’s requirements for doctors to treat patients in their ICU, including “being board-certified in both critical-care medicine and the physician’s primary field,” the opinion noted.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

The good news is that my power alarm works. It calls my cell phone if the electricity to my house is off for an hour. The bad news is that it woke me at 3:06am to tell me my power is off. I don’t care! I was sleeping. Sigh. Now some other battery backup device is beeping. Dang. Good night.

(There are no storms in the area. The power outage map of the utility says there are 900+ customers affected and the power will be back on within 2 hours.)

Later… power’s back on. Definitely good night!
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Less intelligent (ha!) devices can also be annoying: I borrowed a little-used apartment in a noisy part of town and after a few hours realised that a short single beep! at fairly low volume every few minutes was being produced inside the apartment. But it was so short, quiet, etc. that my ears weren't getting any directional cues. Eventually I located a smoke alarm with a dying battery.

It's a gripe of mine that manufacturers use arbitrary and inconsistent conventions for indicators, so some chargers show red for "charging in progress" (stop! don't disconnect!) and green for "charging complete" (ready! go!) whereas others reverse the convention, perhaps thinking green means "I'm charging, I'm on the go!" and red means "I have stopped. Im doing nothing."
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

All this talk about pickle juice in the Australian Open mens final has got me raiding the fridge.

I hope kosher dills dont keep me from sleeping,
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:19 pm Florida Appeals Court Says Families Can’t Force Hospitals to Treat Gravely Ill COVID-19 Patients with Ivermectin and Melatonin

https://lawandcrime.com/covid-19-pandem ... melatonin/
A Florida appellate court has ruled that a COVID-19 patient’s family cannot force a hospital to treat the patient with ivermectin, melatonin, or other treatments against the hospital’s will. Citing state law, the judges decided that patients have the right to refuse treatment or choose among treatment options, but not to force a medical provider to provide any specific treatment.

A unanimous per curiam opinion by a three-judge panel at the First District Court of Appeal — yes, the proper name is singular — rejected a plea by the family and upheld the ruling of a trial court. The lower court refused to grant emergency injunctive relief to force the Mayo Clinic Florida to administer a protocol of “specific doses of Lovenox, aspirin, Famotidine, Dexamethasone, Fluvoxamine, Doxycycline, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Zinc, Melatonin, and ivermectin” to Daniel Pisano, a 71-year-old man who was being treated at the Mayo Clinic for COVID-19.

According to the opinion, which was rendered on Jan. 14 but published on Jan. 27, Pisano was admitted to the clinic on Dec. 11, 2021, and his condition soon deteriorated. Within a week, he was on a ventilator and in a medically-induced coma in the intensive care unit. His family, including wife Claudia Pisano and son Christopher Pisano, were told by the doctors at the hospital that they had exhausted the possible course of treatment and estimated his chance of survival to be between 0-5%.

An outside doctor, Dr. Ed Balboa, was the one who recommended the alternative protocol that included ivermectin and other treatments, and Pisano’s family requested that the Mayo Clinic administer this protocol, offering to sign a waiver releasing the hospital from all liability if they did so.

Mayo Clinic, like most hospitals, has a “closed staff” and only allows its own approved doctors to treat patients within its facilities. In addition to not being an employee of or under contract with Mayo Clinic, Balbona failed to meet several of Mayo’s requirements for doctors to treat patients in their ICU, including “being board-certified in both critical-care medicine and the physician’s primary field,” the opinion noted.
As I recall, it is actually illegal, and seriously illegal for a health care professional, for someone to use ANY medication or treatment that has NOT been authorized by the FDA. I would say the same thing about some of the krank treatments they have been pushing. I'm really not fine with judges playing doctor.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:59 am The good news is that my power alarm works. It calls my cell phone if the electricity to my house is off for an hour. The bad news is that it woke me at 3:06am to tell me my power is off. I don’t care! I was sleeping. Sigh. Now some other battery backup device is beeping. Dang. Good night.

(There are no storms in the area. The power outage map of the utility says there are 900+ customers affected and the power will be back on within 2 hours.)

Later… power’s back on. Definitely good night!
:shock:

Losing power in Minnesota is no joke!
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Cellphones -- what do you got? I know we had thread on FB 1.0 but I can't find one here -- so I'll drop this here for now...

/////

So, I lost my phone two weeks ago and subsequently locked myself out of my Google account which is everything connected including that phone number. I can't reset my Google account (and there is no phone support) and I can't get a confirmation code because I don't have the old phone. Anywho, I have a replacement SIM and I ordered an unlocked phone (The Amazon said it will be 1-day shipping) and if this all works, Ill be able to recover my Google account (and all my contacts, google drive, etc). I've been using a burner phone from Boost for the past week.

Thank you for your sympathies.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
We have a thread, the title says "Fones" which actually makes it easier to find. Use the search engine to find "fones" and you're there.
I do sympathize. It's a nightmare not being connected to the entire world, like I was for most of my life. I'd be very stressed out.
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

EB50E6EF-0576-43B7-BA34-4679CB98360C.jpeg
EB50E6EF-0576-43B7-BA34-4679CB98360C.jpeg (10.63 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
Halo around the sun
What do you call a rainbow formed by ice? An icebow, of course. Others call the phenomenon a halo, and we'll admit it does have a mystical aura. Halos can occur when ice crystals suspended in the air refract light into a colorful ring around the bright sun. That's what's happening in the cold atmosphere here in the Ore Mountains along the Czech-German border. It's a perfect complement to the snow angels you're yearning to make in this pristine blanket of white.
Today’s bing.com picture.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

I am preparing a conference presentation on a boundary survey I conducted on Mt. Bross. Going through some photos I came across these two taken in September 2005. Mrs. Gneiss was nice enough to be the scale (geologist always need a scale in their photos) for the Rocky Mountain Ents (Bristlecone Pines).

Location is on the southwest slope of Mt. Bross, AT timberline (11,700 ft.). The mountain in the background is Loveland Mtn. The landowner has a grove of Ents that covers approx. 8 acres of his property.

The literature indicates that one can estimate the age of an Ent by applying the rule that they grow 1" in diameter every 100 years, so these Bristlecone Pines are roughy 2500 to 3000 years old....DANG!
BristelconePine_2005b.jpg
BristelconePine_2005b.jpg (433.26 KiB) Viewed 1326 times
BristelconePine_2005a.jpg
BristelconePine_2005a.jpg (393.86 KiB) Viewed 1326 times
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

I hope the owner of the property values his Ents.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Tolkien knew his dendrology, eh? ;)
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

FiveAcres wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:12 pm I hope the owner of the property values his Ents.
In 2018, the landowner deeded a 35+ acre parcel to the Town of Alma as a town park, which includes the majority of the Bristlecone grove. The town was very happy with the donation as Buckskin Gulch runs though their new park and is the source of the town's municipal water supply. During the summer months hikers flood the area to hike the Decalibron Loop (DeCaLiBron is short for Mt. Democrat, Mt. Cameron, Mt. Lincoln, and Mt. Bross). All are 14teeners.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Chow down on Sugar Frosted Flakes!

Fill up with Exxon gas!

It is the year of the tiger!

https://longisland.news12.com/the-lunar ... celebrated
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

In NYC the schools are closed on Lunar New Year, in AZ, not so much. I have a very unhappy child that all his old friends are online playing video games with each other all day today and he has to go to school.

Also.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Almost 500-mile-long lightning bolt crossed three US states”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60221521

:smoking:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
raison de arizona

Uninformed wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:46 pm “Almost 500-mile-long lightning bolt crossed three US states”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60221521

:smoking:
Shocking.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Dr. Natalia SyringeFace with medical mask
@SolNataMD
·
1h
An update #2: the patient is alive, no mental status though yet, but this dose of ivermectin may take days to be eliminated. Long term prognosis still remains to be seen. Still on the ventilator. Still on covid drugs per hospital policy. All this is so unnecessary.
Quote Tweet
Dr. Natalia SyringeFace with medical mask
@SolNataMD
· Jan 31
An update: we learned it was a bottle of liquid ivermectin. The bottle had a dose good for a huge animal (x10 of the patient). The patient took it all at once Woman facepalmingFlushed face twitter.com/SolNataMD/stat…
raison de arizona

If the spouse administered the ivermectin, it would be nice to see them charged.

And what kind of asshole won't disclose pertinent information to someone trying to help? The sort of asshole worried about being charged, I suppose.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:13 pm https:// twitter.com/SolNataMD/status/1488605908418670596?
Dr. Natalia SyringeFace with medical mask@SolNataMD

An update #2: the patient is alive, no mental status though yet, but this dose of ivermectin may take days to be eliminated. Long term prognosis still remains to be seen. Still on the ventilator. Still on covid drugs per hospital policy. All this is so unnecessary.
Quote Tweet
Dr. Natalia SyringeFace with medical mask@SolNataMD
· Jan 31
An update: we learned it was a bottle of liquid ivermectin. The bottle had a dose good for a huge animal (x10 of the patient). The patient took it all at once Woman facepalmingFlushed face twitter.com/SolNataMD/stat…
:cantlook: :brickwallsmall: one would expect someone that is selfmedicating to at least read the formula of intake. But when one beliefs to have the constitution of a horse...
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

no need to buy weapons illegally before hunting BLM and antifa supporters, FL gives for free...
Florida boy reels in .50-caliber Barrett sniper rifles while fishing

Sarah Sicard
Tue, February 1, 2022, 6:24 PM

Over a balmy winter weekend in South Miami-Dade, Florida, a young boy and his grandfather set out to fish along a canal. What they reeled in weren’t fish, but holy mackerel were they a catch.

Duane Smith was shocked when his grandson Allen Cadwalader pulled in two .50-caliber Barrett sniper rifles while magnet fishing, the Miami Herald reported.

Smith and Cadwalader went out with magnetic rods after viewing a YouTube video on it, and decided to drop lines in the C-102 canal.

“We ended up with two pounds of scrap metal and 40 pounds of gun,” Smith told the Miami Herald, adding, “I figured, since it was our first time, this was beginner’s luck.”

But luck struck twice, and the pair pulled up a second rifle one drop after the first.

“The Barretts had so much mass,” Smith noted. “The magnet went straight to them.”

Smith, 61, who formerly served with Army infantry, said that he was interested in the firearms’ lower recievers, where serial numbers are typically located. He immediately called police.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-boy- ... 31321.html
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'd run ballistics on those weapons. Throwing guns into a body of water is a well-known way criminals get rid of evidence.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “General Stuff”