trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Foggy »

I spent all of 2016 confidently assuring y'all that America had not lost its cotton-pickin' mind and Trump would NEVER be elected president of this great land of ours.

I think I'll shut up and quake in fear in 2024.

:whisper: Hahaha, yeah, the day I shut up will be the day I croak. :lol:
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:46 am I spent all of 2016 confidently assuring y'all that America had not lost its cotton-pickin' mind and Trump would NEVER be elected president of this great land of ours.
Estiveoshot_20220130_054629.jpg
I think I'll shut up and quake in fear in 2024.
Estiveoshot_20220130_054541.jpg
:whisper: Hahaha, yeah, the day I shut up will be the day I croak. :lol:
Estiveoshot_20220130_055052.jpg
(Talking frog commentary is by Hanyi the Worldeater, courtesy of (stolen from) Pascalle Lepas, from her amazing webcomic, Wilde Life, which can be found at wildelifecomic.com )
Image Image Image Image
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

So he wants to pardon the people prosecuted for the last insurrection and he wants another insurrection if he’s prosecuted

Video thread about Trump's Saturday night rally in Conroe, Texas, begins here 👇
filly

Post by filly »

More obstruction of justice. This is what happens when you continue to get away with it because of a stupid OLC memo, the cowardly Senate Republicans, and the Garland DOJ sits on their hands.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I spent all of 2016 confidently assuring y'all that America had not lost its cotton-pickin' mind
I started to get worried that it had in about May 2016. I went to bed on election night before it started to turn in his favor and spent the next three months quaking in my boots about what this might mean for America.

Oddly, I’m not worried about 2024.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Is DJT (probably) offering pardons for Jsixers a form of quid pro quo, or does his use of the word probably protect him?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Y'all may remember, ol' Wifehorn had (successful) surgery on Election Day in 2016, and was still hospitalized the following day.

The next morning, I was in shock, driving to the hospital in North Durham, and she was still kinda conked out from the anesthetic, but she managed to text me, "What happened?" :shock:

... and then Hitlery stole that and used it for a book.

She still owes us for that one.
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

filly wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:34 am More obstruction of justice. This is what happens when you continue to get away with it because of a stupid OLC memo, the cowardly Senate Republicans, and the Garland DOJ sits on their hands.
Could you please make a mural of that and send it to me so I can hang it on my wall to point at instead of posting on SM?

:heart:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

we are not gonna be rid of that piece of wasted flesh until he croaks

get on with it
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I. Just. Can't. Watch the videos, and I can't find a transcript that pertains to the "asking MAGA to do violence if he's arrested" part.*

If anybody knows the actual language he used, and can post it, I'd appreciate it.

*I have visions of Zombie Merrick Garland in 2025 saying "we just can't prove that he told that large army of insurrectionists to break him out--look, here's where he said he didn't want violence, so I guess it's okay."
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:16 pm I. Just. Can't. Watch the videos, and I can't find a transcript that pertains to the "asking MAGA to do violence if he's arrested" part.*

If anybody knows the actual language he used, and can post it, I'd appreciate it.

*I have visions of Zombie Merrick Garland in 2025 saying "we just can't prove that he told that large army of insurrectionists to break him out--look, here's where he said he didn't want violence, so I guess it's okay."
This sad little paragraph is the sum total of his "call to violence." It isn't one, but, if you speak trumpanzee, it kinda is.
If these radical, vicious racist prosecutors do anything wrong or illegal I hope we are going to have in this country the biggest protest we have ever had ... in Washington DC, in New York, in Atlanta and elsewhere because our country and our elections are corrupt.
Image Image Image Image
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Thanks. I do speak gangsterese, so I get it.

:bighug:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:roll:

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

If Trump is right about that then VP Harris can keep Biden president even if Trump wins the electoral college. :thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Volkonski wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:55 pm If Trump is right about that then VP Harris can keep Biden president even if Trump wins the electoral college. :thumbsup:
Just like Gore shoulda made himself POTUS....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Trump admitting that he wanted the election Overturned...

Lock Him Up!
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

jez wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:29 am
notorial dissent wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:47 am His being 47 is like his golf score, fantasy, or is that delusion?
Wasn't something similar said about him being 45? I have lost faith that the people in this country have any sense left, present company excluded of course. They will vote according to their basest instincts and whatever the idiot box has told them.

If I could emigrate somewhere, I would. In a heartbeat. But money, job, etc.
100% Agreed
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The stupid thing is that he is, again, showing that he is a complete idiot. If he did win again, he would NOT be 47. He would still just be 45. 45 just means you were the 45th person to hold the title, it has nothing to do with losing and then regaining the title.

He is just trying to be an Alpha man again by having a bigger number than Joe Biden, the man that beat his pimpled rashy ass.
Hic sunt dracones
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

If he managed to do a Grover, it would be 45th and 47th as Grover Cleveland was 22nd and 24th.

Consecutive terms remain the same number.
101010 :towel:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Here's hoping the Jewish space lasers can land a meteor shower on Mar-a-Lago while he sips his morning covefe.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

northland10 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:40 am If he managed to do a Grover, it would be 45th and 47th as Grover Cleveland was 22nd and 24th.

Consecutive terms remain the same number.
That's... rather insane. :shrug:
Hic sunt dracones
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Suranis wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:47 am The stupid thing is that he is, again, showing that he is a complete idiot. If he did win again, he would NOT be 47. He would still just be 45. 45 just means you were the 45th person to hold the title, it has nothing to do with losing and then regaining the title.

He is just trying to be an Alpha man again by having a bigger number than Joe Biden, the man that beat his pimpled rashy ass.
Actually, he's only the 44th person to hold the office. As others have pointed out, Grover Cleveland was the 22nd and the 24th.

It is a little insane to number them that way, but there's no other way to account for Grover's non-consecutive terms.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen
@NoLieWithBTC
· 7h
NEW: The RNC is meeting behind closed doors to discuss whether they should keep paying for Trump’s personal legal bills. So far, they have approved $1.6 million in payments, per @nytimes.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
filly

Post by filly »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:37 pm No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen
@NoLieWithBTC
· 7h
NEW: The RNC is meeting behind closed doors to discuss whether they should keep paying for Trump’s personal legal bills. So far, they have approved $1.6 million in payments, per @nytimes.
Gee, I wonder what they will decide? :P
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Criminals will remain criminals even when pardoned by a small town mafioso
Trump Says He Would Consider Pardons for Jan. 6 Defendants if Elected
In a speech in Texas, the former president also urged supporters to stage protests if prosecutors in Atlanta and New York took action against him.

By J. David Goodman and Emily Cochrane
Jan. 30, 2022

CONROE, Texas — Donald J. Trump said on Saturday that if elected to a new term as president, he would consider pardoning those prosecuted for attacking the United States Capitol on Jan. 6 last year.

He also called on his supporters to mount large protests in Atlanta and New York if prosecutors in those cities, who are investigating him and his businesses, took action against him.

The promise to consider pardons is the furthest Mr. Trump has gone in expressing support for the Jan. 6 defendants.

“If I run and I win, we will treat those people from Jan. 6 fairly,” he said, addressing a crowd at a fairground in Conroe, outside Houston, that appeared to number in the tens of thousands. “We will treat them fairly,” he repeated. “And if it requires pardons, we will give them pardons, because they are being treated so unfairly.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/30/us/p ... texas.html

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”