Happy New Year 2022

Volkonski
Verified:

Happy New Year 2022

Post by Volkonski »

My Drizly order today is taking longer than usual. No doubt folks, like me, stocking up for the New Year weekend. ;)

After our Colorado Springs Christmas we will be having a quiet New Year celebration at home.

May 2022 be better than 2021!

Best wishes for a Happy New Year!
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Happy New Year 2022

Post by AndyinPA »

It's going to be a quiet one here, too. I'm hoping the place that had filet mignon last year as a special on NYE has it again this year. Specials aren't listed on the internet until the day of. I'm making dips and goodies for tomorrow night today.

It has been a strange year, starting out with the hope of the vaccine making a better year than the one previously, but, thanks to the anti-vaxxers, it's ending on a bad note. It is what it is. Well, at least I get to put up a calendar from the Colorado Plateau for next year. Since we never got more than 75 miles from home last year, that's a big plus, as the calendar I've been looking at all year is Pennsylvania. Scenic, but a constant reminder we never got out of the state all year.

Here's hoping for a better 2022. Happy New Year. :bar:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
tek

Post by tek »

We were invited to a big to-do in Delray, but we decided we'd like to live past the end of January.

So quiet night for us at home. Gonna make rack of lamb, acorn squash, and maybe au gratin potatoes. Prosecco is in the fridge.

This has been a pretty busy week for us, we put in an offer on a house back up in Mass and it was accepted.. as a 'summer place' .. so I get to maintain two houses yet again :(
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

We are home for New Year’s Eve while Hubby’s mom is in respite care. We are planning to spend the evening at home so Siri can soak up time with me before we head back south to care for Robert’s mom in her home. Hubby is a superb chef. I don’t know what is on the menu. Happy, Healthy New Year to all!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Happy New Year all. I'm hoping the sub-freezing temps tomorrow keep the a**holes who shoot off fireworks at midnight every year are too cold to hold out. NOTE: even after the city made it no fireworks ever in city limits, they still don't give up :mad:
Lani

Post by Lani »

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou, y'all! And Happy Year of the Tiger on 2/1/2022!

Big year coming up for me - born in the Year of the Tiger. I'll retire sometime during the year and move to Honolulu. It's been hard for kid and me to be apart. :crying: That will end in 2022. :thumbsup:

It's going be a huge change for 65 lb Ted, who doesn't know how to be a city dog. It's hard to find a condo that allows big dogs. Also, I've lived in rural communities since 1984 when I left WDC. So we'll both have a big changes. I think we'll cope so long as we are together.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yay, Lani! :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Lani wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:22 pm Hau'oli Makahiki Hou, y'all! And Happy Year of the Tiger on 2/1/2022!

Big year coming up for me - born in the Year of the Tiger. I'll retire sometime during the year and move to Honolulu. It's been hard for kid and me to be apart. :crying: That will end in 2022. :thumbsup:

It's going be a huge change for 65 lb Ted, who doesn't know how to be a city dog. It's hard to find a condo that allows big dogs. Also, I've lived in rural communities since 1984 when I left WDC. So we'll both have a big changes. I think we'll cope so long as we are together.
Happy New Year, Happy New Life!

Are you by chance practicing French on Duolingo?
Lani

Post by Lani »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:06 am
Are you by chance practicing French on Duolingo?
I love French, but nope not. I learned French and Latin in HS. I used my French at an accident in Alexandria, VA, a gazillion years ago. I''m happy that I could the translate for the injured.

Now I provide language access for everyone in Hawaii who doesn't have English as their primary language. Fortunately, I have a long list of interpreters I can reach within minutes.

Edited to make sense.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Happy New Year Everyone and Bright Blessings to all! May this next year be the best one yet, eh?

:cheer2: :cheer1: :cheer2:
:groupdance:
:mbounce: :mbounce: :mbounce:

:resist:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Today is our 38th wedding anniversary. You're all invited to party with us tonight!

It's also my parent's 64th and my sister's 20th-something.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:39 am Today is our 38th wedding anniversary. You're all invited to party with us tonight!

Congrats to all of you!!!
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Thanks @Lani for the reminder - Year of the Tiger. That was on my list to look up today.

Overall 2021 was okay for us. One gigantic meh. A shoulder shrug. It wasn't horrible. When I experience horrible, then I'll look back at 2021 and call it wonderful by comparison. But, from my current perspective, we're alive, we're healthy, and we don't want for anything. You really can't get better than that at any time. So, I don't know why 2021 seemed so grinding.

But, Happy New Year to you all. May it offer eveything you need and more.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:39 am Today is our 38th wedding anniversary. You're all invited to party with us tonight!

Happy anniversary to all! Today is our 14th anniversary too though we've been together for 25 years. Hard to believe so much time has past. Getting married was kind of a second thought for us. Both my boys were home both his daughters and his sister, brother-in-law, both nephews and their wives were all here from London all at the same time. That was the 1st and only time that has ever happened. He looks at me and says, "well, since everyone's here maybe we should just get married". So we found a justice of the peace, got married and then went to Dunkin' Donuts. :lol:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Its also the 90th birthday of The Sydney Harbor Bridge, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, and the 50th birthday of the Tamworth Country Music Festival.

And its 2022 where I am, so happy new year to all you laggards.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Well, being on the other side of the planet is sort of cheating.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Happy NY.jpg
Happy NY.jpg (13.04 KiB) Viewed 1919 times
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Happy New Year, y'all. It's been a tough year, since the destruction of Fogbow 4.0 (we were on our fourth hosting company, including the time when we were on that crappy InvisionPower software).

That was the absolute, Numbah One, totally awfully worst thing that ever happened to me, in the dozen years I've been trying to keep this awesome community alive and thriving. It hurts to write about it. It hurts to think about it. It hurts when any of y'all write about it, but I understand it must be done and I never complain about it when you do. I just grit my teeth (Falcon was mistaken, I have some :biggrin:) and keep moving forward.

They never did explain why my server died and was unrecoverable. Grrr. :mad:

But I have truly appreciated your loyalty and support since the disaster struck. :bighug: :lovestruck: :bighug: :towel: :bighug: :lovestruck:

Anyway, I'm tremendously excited about the planet making ANOTHER whole circle around the Sun. This is so cool!

Narrator: Hey moron, of course it isn't anything like a circle since the Sun is moving the whole time around the center of the galaxy, and the galaxy is moving in several directions itself. It's like an Etch-a-Sketch on LSD is more accurate. Duh.

Shut up, Narrator. I'll tell you when I need you.

Narrator: Asshole. Foogie never gets anythign striagth.

:taunt:

Our thirteenth year as a community begins on January 23rd. That is fairly awesome, y'know. :whistle:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Happy Anniversary to all of you who are celebrating! :groupdance:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I really am still worried about the people in the vicinity of MN-Skeptic, where at last report it's going down to NINE DEGREES BELOW ZERO TONIGHT, y'all.

Which is WAY too cold for a bunch of New Year's Eve drunks and party animals. Any kind of fender bender could be fatal if you get out of your car. Not even to mention the homeless in the Twin Cities who had better find a way indoors tonight. It's a tough career, being homeless in the Twin Cities, but people do it.

Get indoors, get warm, get safe, stay healthy. :pray: :batting:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Happy Anniversary to all the Anniversarians today. Ms. Daisy’a wedding story is a CLASSIC!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Happy new year.

Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Happy New Year !
with a submission received from Thailand

Lani

Post by Lani »

deleted double post

Now let's get out the fireworks!!!
SlimSloSlider

Post by SlimSloSlider »

Bonne Année and Happy New Year, Fogbow.
Back to lurking - the kids want to watch Mr. Bean get his head stuck in a turkey.

Return to “General Stuff”