Madison Cawthorn RWNJ in the House

These people suck. They are bad people.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Madison Cawthorn RWNJ in the House

Post by Foggy »

When I think about these idiots, I reckon they're really dangerous because they are certainly going to keep rising in the halls of power and be really important people someday. Y'know, like ... oh, say ... Michele Bachmann.

Remember her? She was the Madison Cawthorn of Minnesota, way back in 2007. Ran for president, even. Hugely powerful lady, except ... anybody heard from her lately?

In good time Cawthorn will be just another goofy story of what happened during the Trump years.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I wonder how long before stories about Cawthorn groupies come out.

And, if not, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, but I can't stop thinking about the women he trapped in his car to rape.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
filly

Post by filly »

But Michele Bachman has been married to Marcus (Mr. Pray Away the Gay) for over 40 years. At least they keep up the pretense. Scrolling through her Wiki I had forgotten how completely awful she was. In 2020 she was named the Dean of Regent University. :sick:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

filly wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:41 am But Michele Bachman has been married to Marcus (Mr. Pray Away the Gay) for over 40 years. At least they keep up the pretense. Scrolling through her Wiki I had forgotten how completely awful she was. In 2020 she was named the Dean of Regent University. :sick:
Founded by Pat Robertson, so In her wheelhouse.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

These people often fall up.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
filly

Post by filly »

Apologies to Firefox users, but had to post this:

My son (married longer than Madison by two months!!) did not do this at his wedding.
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

Foggy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:29 am When I think about these idiots, I reckon they're really dangerous because they are certainly going to keep rising in the halls of power and be really important people someday. Y'know, like ... oh, say ... Michele Bachmann.

Remember her? She was the Madison Cawthorn of Minnesota, way back in 2007. Ran for president, even. Hugely powerful lady, except ... anybody heard from her lately?

In good time Cawthorn will be just another goofy story of what happened during the Trump years.
Remember, scum always rises to the top, but that doesn't make it scum any the less.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

filly wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:49 am Apologies to Firefox users, but had to post this:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 6768545795

My son (married longer than Madison by two months!!) did not do this at his wedding.
Honestly, I just see 2 people having fun. If doing stupid shit at your wedding was a crime, you might as well lock up half the world. It gave me a smile on my face, to be honest.
Hic sunt dracones
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

northland10 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:12 pm As for the Pope argument you had. I figure Madison and the people you argued with don't use incense or anointing with oil for healing because it is too "popish" but, in fact, they are specifically mentioned in the bible.
I'm not catholic, but, as I understand it, the justification for the papacy is that Jesus said of Peter (from the latin word petrus, meaning "rock") "On this rock, I will build my church".

I'm sure that the bible never mentions the presidency of the Southern Baptist church, either.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

:rotflmao:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Foggy you will be DELIGHTED to know you can watch SEVEN HOURS of Michele! And so many more of our favorites. No need to thank me, texted Wifehorn with the link, now your Christmas plans are set! Really, if you start early, you could watch it three times on Christmas Day. https://www.regent.edu/misc/analyzing-a ... integrity/

Dr. Ben Carson, John Fund, Hans von Spakovsky, Jay Ashcroft, Jim *and* Joe Hoft, Dr. Peter Navarro, Dr. Kris Kobach, William Wachtel, Mark Steyn, Eric Metaxas and Dr. David Clements are all in the video!

Michele Bachmann emcees event espousing Trumpist line
The former Minnesota congresswoman led a seven-hour livestream event to rally the troops who still contend that the Trump won reelection fair and square.
By Eric Black | Columnist March 25, 2021

Maybe you already knew this (I did not) but Michele Bachmann, the former Minnesota congresswomen from central Minnesota’s Sixth District, is back in the news (presumably since Election Night, but still this week), declaring that (no big surprise here) Joe Biden and the Democrats stole the 2020 election. She has apparently been on the Biden-stole-the-election train since Election Night, without my noticing it, but as recently as this week Bachmann made a tiny bit of news by emceeing a seven-hour livestream event at Regent University (formerly known as Christian Broadcasting Network University in Virginia Beach University, founded by the Rev. Pat Robertson, where Bachmann was named dean of the School of Government in 2020) to rally the troops who still contend that the Trump won reelection fair and square.

Everything I know about this comes from this this coverage in The Bulwark, so click that link (https://www.thebulwark.com/trumpists-st ... -theories/) for more details, but don’t miss the video uploaded by Right Wing Watch from a few days after the election included in the Bulwark coverage in which, with her eyes shut prayerfully, she begs The Lord to take His “iron rod” and “smash the clay jar of delusion [that] Joe Biden is our president … in Jesus’ name.”

If you are new to Minnesota, you may not be familiar with Bachmann, 64, who served in the Minnesota Legislature and then in Congress for four terms (2007-2015) from central Minnesota’s Sixth District. She also ran briefly for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination. (If you’re up for it, see my coverage of one of her appearances from that campaign here, in which she likened herself to the biblical figure Jonathan). Bachmann served the Trump campaign in 2016 as a member of the Trump Evangelical Executive Advisory Board.

I’m not sure if she served on any committees for Trump in 2020 but I have seen videos she posted of herself begging God to arrange for Trump to win a second term and she said on the Olive Tree Ministries radio show, “Understanding the Times,” that Trump “is highly biblical, and I would say to your listeners, we will in all likelihood never see a more godly, biblical president again in our lifetime.”
https://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-ink ... pist-line/

And on Marcus, don't care if he's gay but the conversion therapy bullshit is outrageous.
Clinic Run by Michele Bachmann's Husband Hit With Violations
Former congresswoman Michele Bachmann's husband said the violations at his controversial clinic were just 'minor clerical errors.'
Image: Michele Bachmann and her husband Marcus
March 24, 2017, 3:30 PM EDT / Updated March 24, 2017, 3:30 PM EDT By Corky Siemaszko

A clinic that was accused of pushing bogus "pray away the gay" therapy — and is owned by former Rep. Michele Bachmann's husband — was cited by Minnesota health inspectors for failing to properly keep patient records. Inspectors going through the paperwork at the Counseling Care clinic in Lake Elmo found last month that “developmental condition” and other legally-required information was missing in the records they perused, a Minnesota Department of Human Services correction order dated March 20 states. Marcus Bachmann said they were guilty of making “minor clerical errors.” “We are taking the necessary steps to correct them,” he told NBC News in a telephone interview from Florida, where he said he and the former congresswoman “are on vacation.” “We were told that compared with other facilities reviewed we did very well.” The Counseling Care clinics in Lake Elmo and Burnsville became an issue during Bachmann’s failed presidential bid in 2012 when her husband was accused of practicing “conversion therapy” — a widely-debunked method for turning gay people straight that critics lampooned as “pray the gay away.”
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cl ... ns-n738181

This was really a proud moment for Michele and Lena. Would Madison be a hot match for Orly?

sisters_are_doin_it_for_themselves.jpg
sisters_are_doin_it_for_themselves.jpg (72.67 KiB) Viewed 1319 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

filly wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:49 am Apologies to Firefox users, but had to post this:

My neice did a BiG Bollywood thing. I don't really have a problem with folks making fools of themselves at THEIR wedding if they want to. And I don't really think it is my business to make fun of them for it.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

keith wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:57 am

My neice did a BiG Bollywood thing. I don't really have a problem with folks making fools of themselves at THEIR wedding if they want to. And I don't really think it is my business to make fun of them for it.
I mean, I didn't watch more than the first little bit (I turned it off about at the part where they put the sunglasses on) but did either of them mimick putting feet up on the dashboard?

Too soon?

EDIT: This was officially my 100th post on Nu-Bow.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
wavey davey

Post by wavey davey »

In the interest of and/or apologies for the continuation of the Michele Bachman thread jack, I present "Michele, One L":

Image Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:56 amI mean, I didn't watch more than the first little bit (I turned it off about at the part where they put the sunglasses on) but did either of them mimick putting feet up on the dashboard?

Too soon?

I didn't watch the whole thing, either, but I think the video was supposed to be odd with the "90 mph" and the car, given that's how he was injured. Maybe that's how he copes with it.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:18 am
Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:56 amI mean, I didn't watch more than the first little bit (I turned it off about at the part where they put the sunglasses on) but did either of them mimick putting feet up on the dashboard?

Too soon?

I didn't watch the whole thing, either, but I think the video was supposed to be odd with the "90 mph" and the car, given that's how he was injured. Maybe that's how he copes with it.
And that's absolutely fair of him to do. But as coping mechanisms go, I think we're okay with thinking it a little odd. I mean, I get funny looks when I tell self-deprecating fat jokes, too.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
filly

Post by filly »

The whole thing was a mess. The good fundie Christian with music about cocaine, the pelvic thrusting, the sign, etc. If folks think that's a good time and funny, well, you are entitled to your opinion. I thought it was gross. And, as always, hypocritical.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well, I have read that he has only really been radicalized since he came to congress. And the fact his wife is bailing on him is suggesting that he has changed for the worse in recent years. So that could have very well been his character back then.

But the fact is, if you didn't know who that was, it would simply be 2 people having fun acting the idiot at their wedding. Which they are entitled to do.
Hic sunt dracones
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

poplove wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:50 pm :rotflmao:
What a catch: actively divorcing, seeking teens 16-17 years old, from Bumblefuck, a pureblood aryan --please, someone tell me this is a spoof.
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

Suranis wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:55 am Well, I have read that he has only really been radicalized since he came to congress. And the fact his wife is bailing on him is suggesting that he has changed for the worse in recent years. So that could have very well been his character back then.

But the fact is, if you didn't know who that was, it would simply be 2 people having fun acting the idiot at their wedding. Which they are entitled to do.
I don't know if he recently became radicalized, but all the evidence shows he has been a major asshole, liar, fraud, etc. for a LONG time.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

woodworker wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:40 pm
poplove wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:50 pm :rotflmao:
What a catch: actively divorcing, seeking teens 16-17 years old, from Bumblefuck, a pureblood aryan --please, someone tell me this is a spoof.
It is.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Like MTG, she’s into CrossFit.
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

She looks like she's feeling no pain, and you can take that ANY way you like. I can neither imagine marrying him, nor being married to him. Or being acquainted.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”