Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
MN-Skeptic

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I haven’t gone anywhere yet which requires proof of vaccination, but I have downloaded Docket onto my iPhone.

Does My State Have a COVID-19 Vaccine App?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:20 am I haven’t gone anywhere yet which requires proof of vaccination, but I have downloaded Docket onto my iPhone.

Does My State Have a COVID-19 Vaccine App?
Thanks!
filly

Post by filly »

bill_g wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:54 am Who's got their covid pass?

I know it's been discussed, and I've seen it slowly creeping into the check-in process at many of my customers. But, yesterday my healthcare provider (UHC) offered an app with a scan code that they say is accepted in many places. Essentially your vax status for you phone.

Anyone here done that yet?

I'm considering it. My vax card is starting to show some wear being in my wallet even in a clear plastic slip cover (not laminated).

My son and DIL got the phone pass accepted all over Europe when they went on their honeymoon in September because my DIL is on top of things. My brilliant lawyer friend did not have one when he went to Berlin a few weeks ago. Starving, he and his buddy went to a cafe and they refused him entry with his Vax card. They basically had to bribe a pharmacist to domesticate the card so he could get the phone app. He said they would have starved because no restaurant in Germany would let you enter without it. I told him he *should have done his research.*. He is the best appellate attorney I know!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Yeah, thanks! I’ve got mine now.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Mine is available quickly from the MyChart app on my phone and it's also loaded into the Apple Health app. Just for good measure I have a photo of the actual card in a COVID album in photos. I think I'm covered. I don't carry my card with me.

The only person who has asked for it is the lady I get my massage from as they were going to relax the mask rules for vaccinated customers, but that was before things started to go the wrong direction again. I think I had one massage before they put the mask requirement back in place for everyone. They keep the main door locked and you have to be wearing a mask, pass a temperature check and sanitize your hands before you come in. I like this place.

We have teenage grandchildren in from Houston for a couple of weeks. Very surprisingly, all three have been vaccinated which is more than I can say for the daughter, who has now mostly recovered from COVID. Long story, but the daughter listens to her very right wing older sister, who spends a lot of time listening to her completely batshit crazy, conspiracy theorist aunt (wife's sister). My wife's sister brought COVID into the older daughter's house while the younger daughter was there visiting and infected just about the entire family. Of course, she denies she brought it in the house and refused to even go get tested so I assume she was out going places infecting more people. My wife has had enough of her sister's crap and wants nothing to do with her now.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I downloaded the Verfly app when we were supposed to be going to Iceland in August. I'm going to see if I go through and set that up if that will work as a vaccine "passport." I never finished setting it up, as we had to cancel the trip before I needed it.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
filly

Post by filly »

This weekend the Houston mayor tested positive. He said he had a stuffy nose and thought it was allergies.

I have bad allergies and my sinuses have been flaring. No fever or cough. But I started to get worried. Took a home test this morning and it came back negative. Then I went to the big grocery store, about 20% mask wearing and it was crowded. Lots of thoughts ran through my head but I didn't say anything. Lots of unmasked moms with small children too. THE PANDEMIC DOESN'T EXIST WHERE THE FIRST OMICRON PATIENT DIED IN THE US. God help us.
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

neonzx wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:56 pm Imma going to travel late this month -- but not on a plane. I'm in the process of selling a property and I will use a portion of those funds to purchase a lightly-used vehicle so I can drive.. I have an ailing elder relative up north and then I have to go to California. I will spend all that to not get on an airplane.
The CEO of SW airlines was on TV saying how how safe it is to fly on planes because of the filtering of the air onboard, so vaccine mandates are not necessary.

He probably didn't read it but I tweeted him anyway. It got two likes.
gary.kelly@wnco.com Dear SW CEO, I don’t care how great your ventilation system is, if an effing Antivaxxer Covid Carrying Creep is sitting next to me, probably with his mask hanging off his chin, I am going to be exposed to whatever crap he has. I could spread it to my family!
Son just got back from Costco. Masks enforced. Safeway: mostly unmasked and all of the unmasked were "angry looking white guys".
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I am a member of a historical research and recreation society (Society for Creative Anachronism), and today I found out I'm on the list to receive an award at an event in a few weeks. It's an outdoor event in Michigan in freaking January. I was not planning on going because of Dr. Vicklund's immunosuppressed system. Now what do I do? :shrug:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Congrats!
Talk it over w/ Dr Vickland.
filly

Post by filly »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:16 pm I am a member of a historical research and recreation society (Society for Creative Anachronism), and today I found out I'm on the list to receive an award at an event in a few weeks. It's an outdoor event in Michigan in freaking January. I was not planning on going because of Dr. Vicklund's immunosuppressed system. Now what do I do? :shrug:
Ask to appear remotely.
W. Kevin Vicklund

filly wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:28 pm
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:16 pm I am a member of a historical research and recreation society (Society for Creative Anachronism), and today I found out I'm on the list to receive an award at an event in a few weeks. It's an outdoor event in Michigan in freaking January. I was not planning on going because of Dr. Vicklund's immunosuppressed system. Now what do I do? :shrug:
Ask to appear remotely.
I'm lucky to get 1 bar on my phone at the site - it's rustic. No viable remote option. Dr. Vicklund is suggesting I show up just for the awards portion. Also, the only award that is at all plausible for me to receive at this time pretty much requires my physical presence due to how it is presented.
June bug

Post by June bug »

Ok. Details please!
W. Kevin Vicklund

June bug wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:17 pm Ok. Details please!
How much detail do you want? It'd take a bit of background to understand what's going on.
filly

Post by filly »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:15 pm
filly wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:28 pm
Ask to appear remotely.
I'm lucky to get 1 bar on my phone at the site - it's rustic. No viable remote option. Dr. Vicklund is suggesting I show up just for the awards portion. Also, the only award that is at all plausible for me to receive at this time pretty much requires my physical presence due to how it is presented.
Ah, Mr. Filly always uses that excuse when he's on the golf course in the Tip of the Mitt! :lol:

I'm guessing you'd be safe in the frigid temperatures outdoors. I'd wear a mask and keep your distance.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:16 pm Now what do I do? :shrug:
It's the SCA, have a knight ride up on a charger, with your award affixed to the end of a lance.

Wear a mask. Wash your hands. STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Azastan wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:57 pm
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:16 pm Now what do I do? :shrug:
It's the SCA, have a knight ride up on a charger, with your award affixed to the end of a lance.

Wear a mask. Wash your hands. STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE.
If it's the one that I think it is, the award might snap the lance if we tried that.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Very unimportant update. Mrs. Reeve still quarantined and still feels fine. I did not see her today but we talked on the phone. I still bring her food on a tray and knock on the door and run away. She gets very angry if I open the door so I don't do that any more. Her quarantine is over on XMas eve. I did a home test yesterday and was still negative. Will do again tomorrow. Hard to find home tests here but I managed to find some today. I know when every pharmacy close gets their deliveries but they often don't receive their ordered tests. I got lucky today.
Lani

Post by Lani »

That's good news! (Not the lack of tests, tho. But hearing that you and Mrs. Reeve are doing ok is good news!)
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

My cousin is hospitalized in Boise. He and his wife both contracted covid. His wife hade a mild case. Cousin is on a vent at 100% O2. He's been sick for almost a month.

Cousin has been approved to get ECMO treatment, which is great! But ..... he's too ill to fly from Boise to the hospital in Portland with an available ECMO machine. At 100% O2, cousin can't handle the altitude changes that occur with air travel.

If cousin doesn't get to Portland soon, it's likely that he'll lose his chance for ECMO. Any patient that's approved who has better survival odds will bump cousin from his place.

Cousin's hospital allows one family member to stay with a patient each day. His wife has been with him each day

Cousin and his wife just "never got around" to getting the vax.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

SCA recreate old European feudal society. IE: they dress up like Knights and Ladys, and do battle.
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:42 pm
How much detail do you want? It'd take a bit of background to understand what's going on.
I was in the SCA years ago, and for a while, seneschal of our local barony. So which award?
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:16 pm

If it's the one that I think it is, the award might snap the lance if we tried that.
Have it wheeled up in a tumbrel?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

LM K wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:52 am My cousin is hospitalized in Boise. He and his wife both contracted covid. His wife hade a mild case. Cousin is on a vent at 100% O2. He's been sick for almost a month.

Cousin has been approved to get ECMO treatment, which is great! But ..... he's too ill to fly from Boise to the hospital in Portland with an available ECMO machine. At 100% O2, cousin can't handle the altitude changes that occur with air travel.
:snippity:
I am so sorry. I hope he pulls through and hope they get vaccinated. :bighug:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”