Republicans Behaving Badly

mimi

Re: Republicans Behaving Badly

Post by mimi » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:44 pm

Republican Sen. David Vitter’s Former Mistress Claims He Told Her to Abort Their Love Child

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... ove-child/

Go here for more videos of the interview:

http://www.theamericanzombie.com/2015/1 ... ellis.html

I don't know if Louisiana will care? Tennessee voted for Scott DesJarlais.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:16 pm

I doubt they will care.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:16 pm

Something similar happened here in Oregon a couple of years ago. It surfaced a few weeks before the primaries and that candidate was thrown under the bus.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:24 pm

ZekeB wrote:Something similar happened here in Oregon a couple of years ago. It surfaced a few weeks before the primaries and that candidate was thrown under the bus.
Live boy, dead hooker. No bus.

gatsby

Post by gatsby » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:59 am

BREAKING: Dennis Hastert pleads guilty in hush-money fraud case. (WashPo)

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:54 am

gatsby wrote:BREAKING: Dennis Hastert pleads guilty in hush-money fraud case. (WashPo)
I think he gets sentenced on 29Feb next year - :think:
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

insanity

Post by insanity » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:40 am

Gamrat and Courser in Michigan are back in the news.

The cops finished their investigation of the blackmail/extortion attempts against Courser and Gamrat. It turns out that the blackmailer was none other than Cindy's husband Joe who wanted her to resign so that she would stay away from the Toddster.

Cindy is just shocked. She had no idea that her husband was the one sending the anonymous text messages.

Of course this makes me wonder if Joe Gamrat was really supporting his wife's attempt to win the special election. I think this is one teabagger that is headed for divorce.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:36 pm

Texas GOP official wants secession on the primary ballot

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 654896.php
A member of the executive committee for the Republican Party of Texas plans to introduce a resolution at the group's next meeting, which would add to the party's primary ballot a non-binding measure for Texas secession. Party leadership calls the prospect unlikely.

Tanya Robertson, State Republican Executive Committee member for Senate District 11, which covers parts of Harris, Galveston and Brazoria counties, said she'll present the resolution at the committee's December 4 meeting in Austin, and that she already has support from a few other members.

"There's been a big groundswell of Texans that are getting into the Texas independence issue," she said, citing conversations she's had with constituents. "I believe conservatives in Texas should have a choice to voice their opinion."

Texas GOP chairman Tom Mechler said Tuesday that many resolutions are presented each year for consideration on the primary ballot, but that he did not believe sufficient support existed within the SREC to approve the secession item.
:roll:
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:41 pm

:o :shock: :o :shock: :shock:

Texas secession resolution passes GOP committee, headed for Party vote Saturday

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 676280.php
A proposal to put Texas secession to a non-binding vote in March passed a state GOP committee vote in Austin on Friday afternoon, clearing the way for a vote Saturday by the Party's full executive assembly, party officials reported.

Party leadership has said the independence item won't likely be approved in a full-body vote. An informal poll of executive committee members conducted by the Chronicle showed the assembly was split on the issue.

The resolution would put a breakup with Uncle Sam to a non-binding vote, which would essentially serve as an opinion poll and wouldn't legally compel Texas to secede.

It was introduced by State Republican Executive Committee member Tanya Robertson, who represents parts of Harris, Galveston and Brazoria counties. In November, she told the Chronicle that many of her constituents had voiced support for a reborn Republic of Texas, the short-lived nation of the mid-1800s
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:08 pm

Oh, Mr. V, you and Mrs. V can come back to America to live.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Don't know where to post this. I made a previous post about this on this thread:
http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... oe#p548968
In "Extraordinary" Move, WI Supreme Court Fires Scott Walker Prosecutor to Stave-Off SCOTUS Review -
"What a mess this court has wrought!" Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Shirley Abrahamson declared in the latest chapter in the state's John Doe legal saga.

On Wednesday, the Wisconsin Supreme Court's majority contorted itself to find a new way to protect both Scott Walker and the Court's biggest supporters--not to mention itself--following its decision in July rewriting the state's limits on money in politics and ending the "John Doe" investigation into Walker's campaign coordinating with dark money groups.

Wednesday's ruling was supposed to be a straightforward decision on a motion to reconsider, in light of additional evidence that Walker and his allies had violated the campaign finance laws that the Court upheld in July.

The Court denied that motion, but then (in a lengthy unsigned opinion) went further, rewriting its July decision to fire the Republican Special Prosecutor who had led the investigation, Francis Schmitz, making it harder for him to challenge the justices' conflicts-of-interest by appealing the case to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Those conflicts arise from the fact that the same groups that coordinated with Walker's campaign were among the majority's biggest financial supporters, raising concerns under U.S. Supreme Court precedent about whether the justices should have heard the case at all.
<BIG SNIP>
http://www.prwatch.org/news/2015/12/129 ... premeCourt
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

gatsby

Post by gatsby » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:32 pm

SueDB wrote:
gatsby wrote:BREAKING: Dennis Hastert pleads guilty in hush-money fraud case. (WashPo)
BREAKING: Hastert's lawyer told Politico that Hastert had a stroke in early November and has been hospitalised for the past six weeks.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:45 pm

gatsby wrote:
SueDB wrote:
BREAKING: Hastert's lawyer told Politico that Hastert had a stroke in early November and has been hospitalised for the past six weeks.
Sucks to have a stroke, but it still doesn't change the monster. It just makes it harder for him to hunt his favorite quarry (or game). :think:
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

L00Kit

Post by L00Kit » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:36 pm

REPUBLICAN KICKS PUPPY
Michael Hein, 45, who pleaded guilty in 2012 of violating the state's Clean Election Act, allegedly kicked a 4-month-old golden retriever while jogging on the Kennebec River Rail Trail.

:snippity:

“According to witness statements, he kicked the dog, sending it into the air,” Lully said. The kick injured the dog, but it has recovered, Lully said.

In July 2012, Hein was sentenced to serve seven days in jail after pleading guilty to a charge of willful violation of the Maine Clean Election Act. Prosecutors said Hein tried to qualify for public financing under the Clean Election Act and needed qualifying contributions of $5 each from 60 registered voters in House District 57, which at the time was part of Augusta. Hein admitted that he broke the law by paying for those contributions out of his own wallet.

Hein, who was fired by the Christian Civic League of Maine in 2010, went to the Maine Human Rights Commission, charging that the league retaliated against him as a “whistleblower” for telling the Department of Labor that the group had an illegal working relationship with a staff writer, Fritz Spencer.

Much more detail:
http://www.pressherald.com/2015/12/21/a ... -incident/

Actual puppy victim and his lady-mom:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:51 pm

Sounds like a real peach of a guy and standard bearer of moral rectitude. :shock: Next thing they'll be saying is that he doesn't actually kiss babies.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Lunaluz
Occupation: Bean Counter for Boeing Commercial. You break it I find a way to fix it.

Post by Lunaluz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:32 pm

Disgusting.. manipulating Obama's skin color in political ads..

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... li=BBnb7Kz

Why am I not surprised??

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:50 pm

He has to keep giving the media what they want or they wont mention him anymore.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:56 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:Sounds like a real peach of a guy and standard bearer of moral rectitude rectum. :shock: Next thing they'll be saying is that he doesn't actually kiss babies.
Ftfy

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:24 pm

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/0 ... r_home_pop

Alabama Governor fired the top LEO who says the Governor was having an affair with a staff member.

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:04 am

This story has moved on and it looks like Gov. Bentley is brunt toast. He held a press conference to apologize for what he said he did not do or something like that. The reporters were having none of his weak effort at evading the obvious implications of a tape recording which was later released and you can hear here:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/0 ... _big-photo

Rachel did a segment on the sordid little mess as well. Another Bible-based family values governor bites the dust.

So, who was paying her salary to advise the Governor? :confused:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:35 am

Bentley took the Lenny Bruce route: DON'T ADMIT ANYTHING.

Bruce had a shtick in his comedy routine. He explained it this way: if you admitted wrong doing to your wife, you could never take it back. And your wife would never forgive you. So lie. No matter how big the lie, just lie. Then you will never have admitted wrongdoing. And he gave an example. If your wife catches you naked in bed with another woman, lie. Tell her you found the poor waif outside, freezing to death and you brought her in, put her in your bed and took her and your clothes off to help to warm her up.

I don't think it's going to work for Bentley. There's also a money trail.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:37 am

esseff44 wrote:This story has moved on and it looks like Gov. Bentley is brunt toast. He held a press conference to apologize for what he said he did not do or something like that. The reporters were having none of his weak effort at evading the obvious implications of a tape recording which was later released and you can hear here:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/0 ... _big-photo

Rachel did a segment on the sordid little mess as well. Another Bible-based family values governor bites the dust.

So, who was paying her salary to advise the Governor? :confused:

Robert Bentley is such a creep and such a bad liar that he makes Mark Sandford look like a saint. His wife put up with him for 50 years but even she had enough! I hope he goes to prison. This story really is fascinating. I bet BamaLaw is having a good laugh.
Edit: i note he was a Dermatologist. Maybe people should stop voting for crazy doctors.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:23 am

This is about a lot more than a tawdry affair. It also involves attempts to influence the prosecution of the Speaker of the Legislator for corruption which has been in the works for a long time. The affair was no secret from the governor's staff nor the legislature. It came to a head when the Governor started firing LEO's who had been working with the AG in the corruption investigation.

In the meantime, the Medicaid program in the state is so underfunded, a real health crisis is looming.

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:02 pm

Governor Bentley refuses to resign as the accusations of misdeeds continue. His top advisor who was paid by a dark money organization to advise him has resigned after public airing of their intimate relationship. There's talk of impeachment but the Speaker of the legislature is under indictment for 23 felony charges of corruption and needs the governor on his side, so impeachment is unlikely to proceed. This article outlines some of the other bad choices and decisions the governor and the legislature have made in the last few years.

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/201 ... r_home_pop

It seems the voters have a high tolerance for bad behavior.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:22 am

He needs to pass an anti-LGBT law to distract everyone.

Return to “Congress”