COVID-19 and the States

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Suranis

Re: COVID-19 and the States

Post by Suranis »

I'm running out of seeds to plant my fucks.

COrona02.jpg
COrona02.jpg (212.66 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
Hic sunt dracones
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Same here. A large part of me wishes the willfully unvaxxed to just die off already so the rest of us can go back to something akin to normal life. These people are just dragging it out, and right wing media and politicians are happy to enable and encourage it because they know that when people are not happy they tend to replace the President and which party is in control of Congress. And that is very likely exactly what is going to happen, sadly. I've been around too long and seen too many elections to believe otherwise.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

AZ submitted an app to FEMA for help...
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The world has been In the Soup for two years. Can someone explain why there havent been public health moves to, oh, say, designate 1 hospital in every major metro area as non-COVID, for all other needs? This would seem to be a good time to step out of the box in our thinking.

Also, too, and this is just me: after July 4, 2022, if you are willfully unvaxxed, prepare to be massively, globally shunned. Shunning in one’s community is much more effective than shaming.

I fully expect LM K to have something to say about it and I’d love to hear what it is. 💕
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Is it still locked?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I may have fallen asleep on the lock button :oopsy:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

NY COVID positive infections rising, as are hospitalizations. Happily, vaccination numbers are soaring too. I wonder why.
Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 4.05.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 4.05.44 PM.png (317.33 KiB) Viewed 1029 times
Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 4.06.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 4.06.14 PM.png (321.92 KiB) Viewed 1029 times
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I guess, if it's cold, they are rising. Also, if it's warm, it's rising (see Arizona and Floriduh).
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Some hospitals are rationing care and delivering ICU care on the floor. More are headed in that direction. But at least we don't have to vax or wear masks! :notlistening:
More Arizona hospitals may have to ration care amid COVID-19 surge

Two years into the pandemic and hospitals are still overwhelmed. Hospital leaders say unvaccinated patients are flooding and straining the healthcare system.

The state's largest hospital system, Banner Health, doesn't have enough staff to maintain beds. If the hospitalization trends continue, doctors might have to start deciding who gets treatment and who doesn't.
:snippity:
Meanwhile, Dr. Sam Durrani, chief of staff at a Valley hospital, says other hospitals are already cutting back on care.

"Long waits in the ER, care is being delivered in unusual locations, ICU care is being delivered sometimes in the recovery room for surgery or on the floors," said Durrani. "Only the sickest patients are getting treated in the ICU."
:snippity:
https://www.azfamily.com/news/continuin ... _id=997197
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Here it goes again. :mad:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Covid-19 is raging across the US, with a surge in cases and hospitalizations causing new disruptions

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/16/health/u ... index.html
Covid-19 infections and hospitalizations are rising once again, prompting a new wave of cancellations and disruptions as the country prepares for another pandemic holiday season.

With the US averaging 118,717 new Covid-19 cases each day -- 40% higher than a month ago, per Johns Hopkins University data -- some colleges and universities are moving to online classes and exams while multiple Broadway shows are canceling performances and professional sports leagues are postponing games.

In New York City, the test positivity rate of PCR tests doubled between December 9 and 12, rising from 3.9% to 7.8%, according to mayoral adviser Dr. Jay Varma, who tweeted Thursday, "We've never seen this before in #NYC."

Nationwide, 1,326 Covid-19 deaths are being reported each day on average, according to Johns Hopkins data, a 12% increase compared to a month prior.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:05 pm The world has been In the Soup for two years. Can someone explain why there havent been public health moves to, oh, say, designate 1 hospital in every major metro area as non-COVID, for all other needs? This would seem to be a good time to step out of the box in our thinking.

Also, too, and this is just me: after July 4, 2022, if you are willfully unvaxxed, prepare to be massively, globally shunned. Shunning in one’s community is much more effective than shaming.

I fully expect LM K to have something to say about it and I’d love to hear what it is. 💕
I would also love to hear LM K's ideas on this. For my part, I think this is a great idea.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
raison de arizona

Volkonski wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:14 pm
All that and at the end you find out...he's not vaccinated.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I didn't know where to put this but the House Select Committee on the Coronavirus just released a report detailing the Trump administration's response to covid. It looks like they concluded that the trump administration deliberately undermined the covid response for political purposes.

https://coronavirus.house.gov/sites/dem ... 2021V1.pdf
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I say this for all of us here:

Duh.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:28 am I say this for all of us here:

Duh.
Everyone knows. I suspect even the cult knows. They don’t care. Until they end up intubated, when they admit COVID is real and please throw all the medical resources at it possible. Until they die.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:

Had he not been the "leader of the free world" at the time this started, I think we would be in a totally different place in the entire world. His death toll may eventually top that of a "leader" in the 1930s and 40s.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Had he taken a different approach, he would have been easily re-elected.

His instinct, of course, was to do nothing and lie about it.

Anyway, good thing we stole the election in just the right number of states. :whistle:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Well, not the state, but the county.

Today Allegheny County hit 10,000 hospitalizations since the pandemic started. :cry:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:50 am
p0rtia wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:28 am I say this for all of us here:

Duh.
Everyone knows. I suspect even the cult knows. They don’t care. Until they end up intubated, when they admit COVID is real and please throw all the medical resources at it possible. Until they die.
Agreed. Top of my list of What Bugs Me is that the media pretends they don't know. A devastating failure in this age of digital and instant communication.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”