January 6 Select Committee

filly

Re: January 6 Commission

Post by filly »

I would like Ron Klain's cell phone number so I can text him all day with my opinions on the Biden Administration.
filly

Post by filly »

filly wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:48 am Although "Member of Congress" is commonly thought of as a House member, it could refer to a Senator.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Moved some posts to the new thread about DC vs. Proud Boys et al.
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I wonder how many texts were sent simply as an oh so subtle way to cover their own backsides?
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Not very many. They would have been revealed before now if that was the intention, imo.
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm a bit late to the pool but I'll take Gaetz.
ImageImageImage x5
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

So many sycophants to choose from.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I just heard on MSNBC that there are about ten Congress critters involved. :think:

Edited to fix typing error.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

There was speculation on MSNBC that more texts or other stuff might be revealed during the debates.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Does any one else find it odd that Don jr. is texting with the COS instead of just calling his dad and Saying "WTF DAD‽"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

qbawl wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:16 pm Does any one else find it odd that Don jr. is texting with the COS instead of just calling his dad and Saying "WTF DAD‽"
I don't think junior has that sort of relationship with dear old dad. It's more of a parasitic thing.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

qbawl wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:16 pm Does any one else find it odd that Don jr. is texting with the COS instead of just calling his dad and Saying "WTF DAD‽"
“Dad” had blocked him years ago..
To much begging for coke cash..
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I switched over to C Span. Jim Jordan :sick:

MTG is in the gallery, maskless.
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

053998EE-FD92-48AA-A56C-D289A9D8794B.jpeg
053998EE-FD92-48AA-A56C-D289A9D8794B.jpeg (342.27 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

I think Cheney wants to gut shoot them to watch them die.

raison de arizona

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Not even Princess Vanky, holder of the royal staff, could stimulate the Blob into effective action.

https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/statu ... 1708010502
Angry Staffer
@Angry_Staffer
·
11h
I’ve seen some people ask what Ivanka was doing during all this:

She was in her WH office for most of Jan 6 - Meadows begged her to come try to talk Trump into condemning the riot, too. She tried, but also failed — that “we love you” video from Trump was the result
And a reminder, Graham voted to acquit

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1470809461761716239
Manu Raju@mkraju
· 6h
Sen. Lindsey Graham said he didn’t text with Meadows on Jan. 6 —- but told me he spoke with Ivanka Trump to deliver a message to her dad. He said he wanted then-President Trump to “tell his people to leave.”
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 54.1.0.pdf
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

TY for the heads up about the Meadows debate. Reuters is also covering it live (we don't have C-SPAN anymore):

#Live #Reuters #News
LIVE: House of Representatives debate Mark Meadows' contempt charge

At 7:52pm, idiot Gosar is calling other congress members terrorists and anti-Semitic (Omar) and the chair is beating him down. What a jerk.

Aaron Rupar has a newsletter now, there's a free option: https://aaronrupar.substack.com/

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Suranis wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:57 pm Not even Princess Vanky, holder of the royal staff, could stimulate the Blob into effective action.
The more I have heard lately, the more I am seeing Trump as completely enamored with all the "tourists" showing their love for him and his fixation on that made him miss entirely what was happening. He may have thought he could also remain as president because of this but only because he was entirely focused on the crowds loving him.

I am not sure he was ever able to effectively plan or support a plan for the insurrection but when it happened in front of him, he was lost in the moment. The crowd attacking Congress on his behalf quieted that constant voice of daddy calling him a loser.

Trying to get him to take effective action was probably like talking to a wall, and one far more effective than his own wall.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:22 am
Kendra wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:14 am https://mobile.twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews
Last night, as we all now know, the Jan 6 committee released texts that meadows got on Jan 6. I knew I had communicated a ton w White House officials that day as I sat in the Capitol.

This thread stuck out to me.

That’s because they were my texts to meadows.

Here they are from my phone. Anyway, I’m sure it will come out that this was me. Seems impossible that it will stay a secret. So out of transparency, here it is.

I got no response, for what it is worth. And that’s the end of the conversation.
Jake Sherman - Founder of @punchbowlnews
@nbcnews/@msnbc

Sounds like a tour group to me.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
filly

Post by filly »

northland10 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:24 pm
Suranis wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:57 pm Not even Princess Vanky, holder of the royal staff, could stimulate the Blob into effective action.
The more I have heard lately, the more I am seeing Trump as completely enamored with all the "tourists" showing their love for him and his fixation on that made him miss entirely what was happening. He may have thought he could also remain as president because of this but only because he was entirely focused on the crowds loving him.

I am not sure he was ever able to effectively plan or support a plan for the insurrection but when it happened in front of him, he was lost in the moment. The crowd attacking Congress on his behalf quieted that constant voice of daddy calling him a loser.

Trying to get him to take effective action was probably like talking to a wall, and one far more effective than his own wall.
I disagree. This was planned, he was in on the planning and he was hoping it would work.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Re: Jr calling Meadows instead of Daddy - last night on Lawrence O'Donnell, Mary Trump said that he most likely went that route because he was too afraid of calling his dad directly to say something he knew his dad wouldn't want to hear. Sounds like he knew he'd get yelled at and so tried to put it off on someone else to avoid it.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”