trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Phoenix520 »

Enlist a friend. Wear shoes too big ( or small), bundle up good.
Prepare your replacement words ahead of time, backed with masking or double sided tape.
Walk the dog past everything for a few days , scope it out. Encourage Fido to do his bidniss in front of sign, be a dutiful neighbor pick it up and slap your replacement words on as you do so. Wear gloves. It wouldn’t hurt the sign to get a little more shitty.
YW.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Christe says tfg gave him covid; castigates Meadows for saving it for his book.

"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

How can any interview with him be called "exclusive?" He is desperate to appear on any media. You would have to keep him away from an interview with a baseball bat.
Hic sunt dracones
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

The only microphones he won't willingly get in front of is one at a deposition or hearing.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Nethanyu did not want to speak with a loser ? Who would have thought that an active parliamentarier would still be inerested in contact with a retired person (don't want to attribute the term politician to that former resident of the WH).
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

The man is truely delusional, but then, we all know that.

He thinks that everyone in the world owes him personal loyalty, while he owes them nothing.

Just as he thought that Congress worked for him, personally, he does not understand the concept of national sovereignty. Netanyahu owes his loyalty first, last and always, exclusively to the nation of Israel. I'm no fan of Bibi, but he is not and should not be Trump's lackey, as TFG seems to think.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

What is scary is that it sounds like he expected world leaders to rise up and reject the Biden presidency kinda how like the US will decide if a leader of some 3rd world country is legitimate or not and restrict their access to things like foreign assets.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Honestly, I’m thunderstruck that no one has yet tried to take that madman out. Permanently.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neeneko wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:52 am What is scary is that it sounds like he expected world leaders to rise up and reject the Biden presidency kinda how like the US will decide if a leader of some 3rd world country is legitimate or not and restrict their access to things like foreign assets.
That's what he did expect.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

If'n he wanted that to happen, perchance he should have been civil, maybe even friendly, toward our long-term allies, just for starters. :confuzzled:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:47 pm
neeneko wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:52 am What is scary is that it sounds like he expected world leaders to rise up and reject the Biden presidency kinda how like the US will decide if a leader of some 3rd world country is legitimate or not and restrict their access to things like foreign assets.
Has that ever worked when the US tried it? Has any country, faced with the US threatening (or actually) to not recognize their newly elected leader, backed down and said "Oh, well, if the US doesn't like it, we'll just have to elect someone else"?

I'm not saying that it is a bad policy, but, even when a country with the size and both military and economic clout of the US can't convince a banana republic to overturn their elections, how can anyone expect the tactic to work on us?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

noblepa wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:01 pm
Has that ever worked when the US tried it? Has any country, faced with the US threatening (or actually) to not recognize their newly elected leader, backed down and said "Oh, well, if the US doesn't like it, we'll just have to elect someone else"?

I'm not saying that it is a bad policy, but, even when a country with the size and both military and economic clout of the US can't convince a banana republic to overturn their elections, how can anyone expect the tactic to work on us?
We are talking about the Stable Genius of Covfefe.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:01 pm

Iran, 1953. That worked out great, long term.

Plus, we totally did it, time and again, all over Central America. The term "Banana Republic" comes from the fact that United Fruit Corporation (Chiquita Banana people) determined who the new General-President-Dictator was going to be, not the people of Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras, Nicaragua or Belize.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Has Asshole offered one word of condolence to the Dole family upon the death of 98 year old former Senator and Republican Presidential nominee Bob Dole? IIRC Dole endorsed him. Twice.

Many of you may dislike Dole but I am sad to see all the WWII vets passing away. My Dad was a WWII vet who lived well into his nineties, though did not reach the great age of 98.

Until Dole's death this week, half of the contenders in the 1976 Presidential race were still alive. Jimmy soldiers on. Our longest living ex-President.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I disliked some of Dole's politics, but he himself never gave the impression of being anything other than a lovely man when I saw him in a personal capacity. Rest in peace.
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:51 pm Has Asshole offered one word of condolence to the Dole family upon the death of 98 year old former Senator and Republican Presidential nominee Bob Dole? IIRC Dole endorsed him. Twice.

Many of you may dislike Dole but I am sad to see all the WWII vets passing away. My Dad was a WWII vet who lived well into his nineties, though did not reach the great age of 98.

Until Dole's death this week, half of the contenders in the 1976 Presidential race were still alive. Jimmy soldiers on. Our longest living ex-President.
I don't think he's issued any statement regarding Bob Dole. I do miss Dole talking in third-person of himself. Never voted for him.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/politics ... index.html
Washington (CNN)Bob Dole, the longtime US senator from Kansas and 1996 Republican presidential nominee, said that while he is still "a Trumper," he is "sort of Trumped out," in an interview published Thursday by USA Today.

Dole also said he believes former President Donald Trump lost the 2020 presidential election and noted that there is no evidence of election fraud, contrary to Trump's repeated claims.

"He lost the election, and I regret that he did, but they did," Dole told USA Today's Susan Page. "He had Rudy Giuliani running all over the country, claiming fraud. He never had one bit of fraud in all those lawsuits he filed and statements he made."

Dole is among the most prominent members of the Republican establishment who has stood by Trump. He endorsed Trump for President in 2016 and hasn't engaged in the public criticism levied by other living past GOP presidential nominees George W. Bush and Mitt Romney. Dole has also plainly recognized Joe Biden's legitimacy as President.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

DFO transaction way of looking at the world is not really transactional. You can do him a bunch of favors, and support him for years, while he only does one. After all that, if you don't agree with him or not support him on one issue he wants, you are disloyal and have always been that way. He will go on about how he helped you and you did nothing.
101010 :towel:
SlimSloSlider

Post by SlimSloSlider »

That’s why he said “There’s no quid pro quo.”
With him, there never is, that’s how narcissists roll.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Same with him saying "I barely knew [him/her]" about people he worked with extensively.

He's not lying, actually. He barely knows Melanie, which is why he got her name wrong once. He barely knows anybody at all, because nobody matters to him except him. So he never bothers to find out what others think or feel, and he knows nothing about the people he hires except how obsequious they are. I bet he has less time total with his son Barron (little known fact, he almost named him Barack :biggrin: :liar: ) than I've spent re-screening my back porch this fall.

If he's in favor of someone, he'll say "great guy" but it has to be based on what that person did for Trump. And when the great guy inevitably falls out of favor, further on down the road, he finally admits: "I barely knew him." Because he doesn't know anyone well besides himself.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:38 pm
If he's in favor of someone, he'll say "great guy" but it has to be based on what that person did for Trump. And when the great guy inevitably falls out of favor, further on down the road, he finally admits: "I barely knew him." Because he doesn't know anyone well besides, including himself.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah.
Lani

Post by Lani »

neonzx wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:00 pm
SuzieC wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:51 pm Has Asshole offered one word of condolence to the Dole family upon the death of 98 year old former Senator and Republican Presidential nominee Bob Dole? IIRC Dole endorsed him. Twice.

I don't think he's issued any statement regarding Bob Dole. I do miss Dole talking in third-person of himself. Never voted for him.
Statement from President Carter on Sen. Bob Dole
Dec. 5, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Rosalynn and I are deeply saddened to learn of the death of former Sen. Robert Dole. A true leader, Bob was willing to work across political parties to make progress on important issues. He showed that our differences need not divide us, but can foster effective answers to our nation’s most difficult problems. His unrelenting efforts enriched the lives of countless people in need, including military personnel, veterans, and their caregivers. We extend our condolences to his wife, Elizabeth, their family, and friends.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Also if he perceives someone as a strong man he will do anything to get on the side of that strong man as he thinks it makes him an important man. See Putin, but also Kim, Murdoch, Turkeys dictator, etc. Murdoch is said to have said it this way - DFO sucks up, and punches down.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”