have you received your vaccine yet?

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
sad-cafe

Re: have you received your vaccine yet?

Post by sad-cafe »

yes

both times~

it was the first time we had any idea they existed.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

sad-cafe wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:03 pm ignore my covid gray

I think I am going to stop coloring it and let it go natural. I am 54 but have been gray since my 30s

it is time to stop fighting it
At least you get gray, I have red hair, we go straight to white, I have patches on my head that makes it look like I got a calico cat sitting up there...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

I had an unexpected surprise yesterday, when I got a call that I was being scheduled for a homebound vaccination today. I use a walker and have difficulty standing in lines, so I had been waiting for a call about an appointment at a drive-through clinic where I could just stay in my car.

Our condo manager sent out an email blast Friday, giving a link to a homebound program. I filled in the info, not sure if I would be considered ‘homebound’ since I do get out, but was delighted to be given approval. I was stunned when the woman asked if I would like someone to come tomorrow (meaning today). Two nurses came, gave me the J &J shot, and waited with me for 20 minutes to make sure I was OK.

I had no reaction at all except for feeling tired, so I went back to bed, slept for three hours, and just vegged the rest of the day. I had no idea it would ever be this easy for me!

I found Lani’s post about good results from the J & J vaccine, which fortunately was written recently enough to still be on the board, and am not concerned about getting only one shot. I am one happy camper right now! :dance: :dance: :dance:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

No.

56 and not eligible yet.

Missouri.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Sunrise wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:15 pm I had an unexpected surprise yesterday, when I got a call that I was being scheduled for a homebound vaccination today. I use a walker and have difficulty standing in lines, so I had been waiting for a call about an appointment at a drive-through clinic where I could just stay in my car.

Our condo manager sent out an email blast Friday, giving a link to a homebound program. I filled in the info, not sure if I would be considered ‘homebound’ since I do get out, but was delighted to be given approval. I was stunned when the woman asked if I would like someone to come tomorrow (meaning today). Two nurses came, gave me the J &J shot, and waited with me for 20 minutes to make sure I was OK.

I had no reaction at all except for feeling tired, so I went back to bed, slept for three hours, and just vegged the rest of the day. I had no idea it would ever be this easy for me!

I found Lani’s post about good results from the J & J vaccine, which fortunately was written recently enough to still be on the board, and am not concerned about getting only one shot. I am one happy camper right now! :dance: :dance: :dance:
YEA

I am so happy for you !!!!
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Sunrise wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:15 pm I had an unexpected surprise yesterday, when I got a call that I was being scheduled for a homebound vaccination today. I use a walker and have difficulty standing in lines, so I had been waiting for a call about an appointment at a drive-through clinic where I could just stay in my car.
Glad you are getting it, brother. *elbow bump from 3,000 miles of social distancing away* :lovestruck:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

I’m eligible. I delayed signing up because I’m under 65, but have a pre-existing condition which exists but doesn’t cause problems for me, other people need it more, yada, yada. My husband kept telling me to sign up because if I get covid, who the heck knows what would happen because of the condition. So I signed up in Fairfax County on 12 Feb. They’re calling people in the order they signed up. They’re currently taking folks who signed up on 1 Feb. They’ll get around to me eventually. I’ll live in Maybelot in Page County by then, but I’ll drive in to Fairfax for the shot.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Ho-Lee Chit!

When MrD gave me my first shot yesterday I was impressed at how painless it was. And then I woke up in the middle of the night and my arm felt like I'd been hit full swing with a baseball bat! I can barely move it, it's as bad as a damn Typhoid shot!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

My first shot was barely noticeable. The second one was very much different. I was taking prescripton-strength Aleve for several days, and it still hurt like hell. Side effects seem to be all over the map, even in the same person.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’m slightly disappointed I have no side-effects stories to tell. 😁 The second jab was even more painless than the first.

The depth of the relief I feel from being fully vaccinated is... unexpected. I stuffed my feelings trying to be strong for sprout.

Mr520 gets his first jab at the massive drive-through location 10 minutes from home tomorrow!!
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

Kate520 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:54 am I’m slightly disappointed I have no side-effects stories to tell. 😁 The second jab was even more painless than the first.

The depth of the relief I feel from being fully vaccinated is... unexpected. I stuffed my feelings trying to be strong for sprout.

Mr520 gets his first jab at the massive drive-through location 10 minutes from home tomorrow!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

After my second jab in a little over two weeks, I am hoping I can get back to the car before I start ugly crying with relief.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Thankfully my side affects have apparently been short lived. I had some Advil when I got up and now it's still sore but nothing like this morning.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Vaccine side effects: My experience of them and what they mean”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56375307
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Mrs. FRP and I both get our first shots tomorrow, albeit at different locations.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

fierceredpanda wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:24 pm Mrs. FRP and I both get our first shots tomorrow, albeit at different locations.
:bighug:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

MsDaisy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:19 am Ho-Lee Chit!

When MrD gave me my first shot yesterday I was impressed at how painless it was. And then I woke up in the middle of the night and my arm felt like I'd been hit full swing with a baseball bat! I can barely move it, it's as bad as a damn Typhoid shot!
YEs

mine was sore for 3 days .

Today mine is pretty sore especially since I slept on it last night.

I have had some stomach issues since last night and I am really tired but I am so grateful for the vaccine I want to jump up and down.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:25 pm

YEs

I have had some stomach issues since last night and I am really tired but I am so grateful for the vaccine I want to jump up and down.
That's weird, my stomach has been misbehaving today too. But yes, so grateful for the shot. Now a week or so after I get my second one I'm going to go out and get a proper haircut! I've been chopping at that mess for a year!

I will still wear my masks anytime I have to go out. I double mask. I wear one of those blue ones you can pinch down over your nose and my cloth one on top. It's the only way to keep my glasses from fogging up! :lol:
tek

Post by tek »

Coming up on 24 hours after my Moderna shot 1.
Arm is starting to get sore.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

MsDaisy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:38 pm
sad-cafe wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:25 pm

YEs

That's weird, my stomach has been misbehaving today too. But yes, so grateful for the shot. Now a week or so after I get my second one I'm going to go out and get a proper haircut! I've been chopping at that mess for a year!

I will still wear my masks anytime I have to go out. I double mask. I wear one of those blue ones you can pinch down over your nose and my cloth one on top. It's the only way to keep my glasses from fogging up! :lol:
YES I am getting mine cut next tuesday.

To be honest, I don't know if it is side effects of the vaccine or just regular Crohn's. I really don't care. I am on cloud 9 that I have both shots!
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Looks like Florida will lower the age in the next few weeks --
DeSantis Says Florida Could Lower Vaccine Eligibility Age to 55+ by End of March

Gov. Ron DeSantis said that the vaccine eligibility age could be lowered to 55 in Florida "some time in March."

Speaking at a vaccination site in Palm Harbor, DeSantis said that the demand for vaccine doses had begun to "teeter out" among the 65+ age group.

The governor also noted that there is no more stock of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine coming to Florida "for the foreseeable future."
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/flo ... y/2408253/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Happy first Covid shot for me Day.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Ol' Wifehorn says our boys, now age 19 and almost 22, will be eligible May 1, according to the latest announcement. :daydreaming:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

100 hours to my second shot.

Not that I'm counting.

:bored:

:towel:
The Montananist

Post by The Montananist »

Got my second one Tuesday. The only side effect was I bought a new guitar. So... be careful!
:biggrin:

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”