Dinar Valuation and Global Currency Reset Scam Thread

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:06 pm

Just opening a thread so people can discuss these scams, as suggested in the Sov Cit thread.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:07 pm

"Build it and they will come"
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:47 pm

Here is a site with archived calls by the dinar RV guru TNT Tony:

http://www.iqdcalls.com/tnt.html

the 1/19/2015 call, he claims there are 24,000 people on the call.

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:10 pm

Is there a good (as in non-crazy, non-promoter) link to explaining this dinar valuation thing?

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:30 pm

Is there a good (as in non-crazy, non-promoter) link to explaining this dinar valuation thing?

I was first introduced to the Iraqi dinar scam by a friend of mine who asked me if it was a good investment several years ago. And I’m amazed to see how long it has persisted, not to mention how active the scam is today.

The Iraqi dinar scam disproportionately makes victims of people who don’t have money to lose — including returning servicemen and women — and that’s why I’m passionate about speaking out against it.

How the Iraqi Dinar Scam Works

The scam is basically perpetrated by dinar currency dealers, who work through “promoters” on message boards and through church and social groups to sell physical dinar currency. They promise that the dinar, which currently trades at about 1,200 to the U.S. dollar, will soon be “revalued” to a much higher rate. They usually promise returns of several thousand percent when you buy dinar.

The dealers get away with it because as long as you are not directly promoting the dinar as an investment, the dealers can sell it without it being a registered/regulated security. The promoters get away with what they do because, as long as you are not selling the dinar, you can pretty much say anything you want about it. The connections between the dealers and the promoters are usually hidden behind false names and corporate shells. For example, there is a large dealer here in my local area owned by the wife of a popular dinar promoter who goes by an online pseudonym. Hidden relationships like this are more common in this scam than you might think. Very few have been shut down by the FTC or SEC, and I expect that will remain the case in the future.

http://investorplace.com/2014/06/iraqi-dinar-scam/

The 2003 invasion of Iraq is what jump-started the hype, and has been going on since then.

chancery

Post by chancery » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:39 pm

Quatloos is very strong on the dinar scam and other financial hoaxes.

LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:50 am

I also highly recommend the Quatloos threads for reference. I have been tracking the biggest RV scammer, Tony Renfrow (alias TNT Tony), for years:

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtop ... dcb96f8f6e

And here is the thread for Tony Renfrows trial (surprise, he is up on fraud charges, and still gets tens of thousands of eager listeners and thousands in donations):

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.php?t=9793

If you want to listen to an absolute classic scammer who comes from MLMs (surprise, again), listen to Tony's calls. The RV/GCR is always just right around the corner...and the excuses for why the RV/GCR fail are always a treat. The scam isn't just the dinar, by the way. Dinar dealers have figured out that you can get idiots to buy all sorts of low value (rupiah, dong) or even literally worthless (Zimbabwe 10 trillion dollar bills) currency at very high mark ups by having their gurus pump it and promise RVs at fantastical rates.

On the LOW end, gurus like Tony promise insane rates like this:

- $1/dong ($1 currently buys 25,350 dongs). Gurus have promised up to $6/dong.

- $3.58/dinar ($1 currently buts 1,185 dinar). Gurus have promised up to $32/dong.

- Promises of cutting six or nine zeros off the literally worthless Zimbabwe trillion dollar notes (that means people buying $100 trillion dollar notes from ebay or from dealers for $20 each will get $100,000 per note)

And there are people that have believed this stuff and faithfully listened to the gurus that the RV is every day now for going on 10 years. It has spawned an entire conspiracy mythology about a fictional event called the Global Currency Reset where all these currencies where magically RV and these guys will all become millionaires and billionaires. Most of them are small time idiots, only throwing away a few thousand bucks. But there are a not insignificant amount that have sunk $10,000+ or $50,000+ into worthless currencies.

Of course, the only people making money off this scam are the currency dealers. The GCR myth has given rise to dealers like Sterling Currency, whose owners have become multimillionaires, thanks to this scam. And dealers like Sterling are engaged directly in pumping activities (commissions to gurus, having people call into the conference calls to share made up intel, etc.), although they are very good at hiding it. The dealers get away with it legally by claiming that they are just selling "collectible" currencies, but they have entire customer service staff that is hired to assure buyers that they will be able to cash out after the RV with them. They even offer something called reserves, which is an even bigger scam where people pay money to partially buy large amounts of dinar/dong on layaway...and then pay monthly fees to keep rolling over their reserves. They do that because the gurus are telling them the RV is soon.

LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:56 am

My favorite is this Forbes article, which is two years old but has diligently been updated every month by the author taunting the RV true believers asking why the dinar hasn't RVed yet:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jayadkisson ... cam-lives/

Also BBC radio did a nice piece on the scam after one of the gurus, TNT Tony, told his followers that the RV didn't happen in February 2014 but the elites/rich/politicans were cashing out ahead of them. He encouraged his followers to join twitter and start a #wearethepeople hashtag to show the elites that they were away of what was going on - keep in mind all of this is fictional, and was just a way to redirect anger about why there was no RV yet. Well, because there are A LOT of people who listen to Tony he was able to get the hashtag into the twitter trending list several times. But - whoops - all didn't go to plan. The BBC social media department noticed, and then did a piece on Tony. After that, he quickly dropped the #wearethepeople campaign. Here is the BBC piece:

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-26187471

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01ryk68

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:16 am

A variation of GCR tailored for New Age'ers is NESARA, where ET's are going to literally drop bags of gold out of the sky onto people's front yards:

Some NESARA supporters also make the claim that otherworldly beings are working to get NESARA announced. These include a "channeled" cosmic being called "Hatonn"[25] (an android Pleiadean), and another named Sananda. According to some Ascended Master Teaching proponents such as Joshua David Stone, Sheldan Nidle, and Luis Prada, Sananda is the "galactic name" of Ascended Master Jesus, which he uses in his role as Commander-in-Chief of the Ashtar Command flying saucer fleet. Pallas Athena is regarded as being the Vice-Commander of the saucer fleet. Ashtar (Ashtar Sheran) is regarded in these teachings as being third-in-command.[26]Saint Germain, an Ascended Master borrowed from the I AM Movement and the Church Universal and Triumphant, along with benevolent aliens from the Galactic Federation, are also frequently mentioned (most prominently by Nidle) as working towards the NESARA announcement. The designation of George W. Bush as a disguised reptilian often co-occurs with this claim.[27] Goodwin has claimed that Ascended Master Saint Germain has come down from the etheric plane to physically meet with heads of banks and world leaders regarding the NESARA announcement.[28][29]

The prominence of failed prophecy also lends support to the cult theory. NESARA supporters often tell their readers that the NESARA announcement is going to happen in a matter of days. These claims have been made too many times to enumerate, without ever coming to fruition. According to the documentary Waiting For NESARA, the claim was also made prior to March 2003 that George Bush was planning the war with Iraq only to further delay the NESARA announcement. It was prophesied that spiritual beings and UFOs would intervene with Bush's plans and prevent the war.[14]

A June 2006 complaint to the Washington consumer protection division accused Goodwin of using the NESARA story to defraud a 64-year-old San Francisco woman of at least $10,000. The woman's daughter said the actual amount is much larger, in the hundreds of thousands.[16]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NESARA

A particular insidiousness about these scams is that once people have given them large sums over time, they are much more reluctant to believe they are being scammed, which only enables the scammers to hit them harder. Like the A4V stuff, people will lose their families, homes, everything, and still refuse to believe it is a scam.

When dealing with victims/potential victims, you have to assert that whatever they are being told is 100% BS. They will try to rationalize by saying it is partly true, but if you don't stand your ground, you are doing them a disservice, because that little bit they are hanging on to is what is keeping them on the hook.

LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:10 am

Yep, the NESARA mythology is intertwined with the GCR, the true believers think NESARA is the magic that will release the GCR/RV. NESARA is going on something like two decades now, I recommend the documentary "Waiting for NESARA" if anyone has interest in the topic:

It is interesting because that documentary was filmed during the early 2000s and most of the people filmed were very liberal and hated George Bush (for stopping NESARA, of course). It is a very bipartisan scam, it has lunatics on the left and right. One of the most popular NESARA calls, for example, is hosted by someone who claims Obama is actually an Ascended Master alien who has come to save us all (http://www.therealtruthcall2.com/#!janu ... endar/csii).

Interestingly, the two biggest NESARA promoters was DoveofOneness - who died in squalor a few years ago - and John MacHaffie - who died a few days ago. John MacHaffie's son has already taken up the reigns because the blog he ran (Nesaranews.blogspot.com) makes so much money from donations. So the scam has been passed down to the next generation.

gatsby

Post by gatsby » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:50 am

Everyone beat me to the links I would have suggested. My favorite is the Forbes article.

Hendo Henderson, who has his own Fogbow thread, often mentions the dinar/dong RV, NESARA and the Global Currency Reset.

I didn't know that MacHaffie died.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:38 am

TollandRCR used to follow NESARA and the dinar scam quite thoroughly, back in the day. I don't know what thread, though. We've known about it for a very long time.
"Foogie never gets anythign striagth." - Ed Hale

LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:14 am

TollandRCR used to follow NESARA and the dinar scam quite thoroughly, back in the day. I don't know what thread, though. We've known about it for a very long time.

Of course you've known about it, we here at The Fogbow are members of The Dark Cabal and thus are the force that is stopping the RV on a daily basis. Deep Knight over at Quatloos oversees these efforts - gotta make sure none of these "patriots" get filthy rich...not on my watch! Its hard work, but someones gotta do it.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:51 am

A variation of GCR tailored for New Age'ers is NESARA, where ET's are going to literally drop bags of gold out of the sky onto people's front yards:

Much of that was promulgated by John MacHaffie, who recently died following cardiac surgery and the installation of a pacemaker. His Web site is still going; it looks as if his son will keep up the family business. Like many Dinar "gurus," MacHaffie proclaimed that revaluation of the new Iraqi Dinar was part of "God's Plan" for the righteous. When the Feds scoop up these crooks, many of them will be "pastors" of some sort. Much the same association with religion is true of the CMKX Diamonds scam.

There is much discussion of these scams on other threads.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

realist

Post by realist » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:04 am

I first learned about the Dinar scam when I (years ago) came across a website geared toward encouraging veterans to invest. I joined to track/learn but of course did not last long once I posted a couple of times.

I can't remember the name of the site at this time but I'd guess it's still somewhat active. There were quite a number of members (and scammers) at that time. Perhaps those at Quatloos are familiar with it.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:23 am

Interestingly, the two biggest NESARA promoters was DoveofOneness - who died in squalor a few years ago - and John MacHaffie - who died a few days ago. John MacHaffie's son has already taken up the reigns because the blog he ran (Nesaranews.blogspot.com) makes so much money from donations. So the scam has been passed down to the next generation.

Hunh, so MacHaffie has died? I used to drop in to Nesara News every now and then and then back out quickly. (My browsing history says I visited recently to get information about Linda Wall, who allegedly outsmarted the IRS.) The layout is literally eye-watering in the worst possible way.

LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:37 am

John MacHaffie was (and now his son is) a major source of the NESARA mythology hype, but the progenitor is DoveofOneness in its current new age cult manifestation. She took with it and ran once she figured out by hyping up NESARA every other day she could live (modestly, but still, better than working) off the donations. She was involved in NESARA hype since 2000 or so I believe. McHaffie came into the scene in the 2008-2009ish time frame.

When Dove (Shaini Goodwin) died, it was celebrated as a herald of NESARA, a sacrifice made so that the aliens would start dropping the gold. When John died, the reaction was a bit more angry - all the NESARA calls openly speculated that The Dark Cabal killed him off because he, of course, knew to much.

And realist, you are probably referring to the dinarvets forums - its still active although not as much as it once was.

realist

Post by realist » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:01 am

And realist, you are probably referring to the dinarvets forums - its still active although not as much as it once was.

Indeed. Thanks.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:20 pm

Well, I haven't followed TNT Tony in a while, but I listened to some of his latest calls, and he is still a first order scumbag.

Early in the (1/21) call, he tells the listeners to stop worrying about the GCR for a moment and imagine the day-to-day details of what their lives will be like once they have real money.

The bulk of the call is about whatever insider he has with him, who talk about things like how the banks are testing their software to be able to deal with all these people with all this money, how X and Y is out of the country, so it won't happen until they get back....

On the 1/21 call, Tony revealed that he was approached and asked if he wanted to be on the committee to choose the next president, but since he tries to stay out of politics, he declined.

The insider will go through the reasons why the GCR didn't happen yet, and after each one, Tony will say, "well I'm OK with that, because..."

Then there are people calling in asking if they can go ahead and buy a new car this week since they will just pay their mortgage next week when they are rich.

The 'discussion' will shift to how those who have a lot of dinar will be the first in line to cash out, so you may need to buy more to hit that magic number.

Also something about how if you don't have that magic number, you still might be able to cash out early if you can get on a military post. This is partly how soldiers are getting hooked into the scam.

Then he ends the call by telling people to stop worrying about the GCR and think about how they are going to deal with those family members who will be coming to you with their hands out.

gatsby

Post by gatsby » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:30 pm

DISTRESS YOUR HELP NEEDED

DISTRESS YOUR HELP NEEDED (John would still want this message posted for his good friend Lynda,

and she needs $225.00 by the 25th so please help with some amount if you are able to. God Bless)

Lynda is a good friend and soul mate helping us getting the word out.

She is one of my intelligence gathering ladies.

She is a 65 yr light worker who has always helping others.

She has been evicted out of her home in GA.

Lynda has been Homeless and she is disabled stuck in a motel since Oct 7, 2014 .

Unable to pay all her bills as she is on disability. She needs help desperately.

People have been stepping up helping her but they can’t help no more due to the economy.

She will need money for food and motel bill.

If you can help please do a PayPal lyndasnesara3@gmail.com.

Lynda’s phone number is 404 977 3322. Give her a call.

Any amount will do small or large until the RV is here when funds start flowing.

I have a large donation for her after the RV and global reset.

Until then the Bad Hombres are blocking our blessings.

Let’s continue to show the world what big hearts you have.

Referred by John Machaffie – a good friend

LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:29 pm

Well, I haven't followed TNT Tony in a while, but I listened to some of his latest calls, and he is still a first order scumbag.

Early in the (1/21) call, he tells the listeners to stop worrying about the GCR for a moment and imagine the day-to-day details of what their lives will be like once they have real money.

The bulk of the call is about whatever insider he has with him, who talk about things like how the banks are testing their software to be able to deal with all these people with all this money, how X and Y is out of the country, so it won't happen until they get back....

On the 1/21 call, Tony revealed that he was approached and asked if he wanted to be on the committee to choose the next president, but since he tries to stay out of politics, he declined.

The insider will go through the reasons why the GCR didn't happen yet, and after each one, Tony will say, "well I'm OK with that, because..."

Then there are people calling in asking if they can go ahead and buy a new car this week since they will just pay their mortgage next week when they are rich.

The 'discussion' will shift to how those who have a lot of dinar will be the first in line to cash out, so you may need to buy more to hit that magic number.

Also something about how if you don't have that magic number, you still might be able to cash out early if you can get on a military post. This is partly how soldiers are getting hooked into the scam.

Then he ends the call by telling people to stop worrying about the GCR and think about how they are going to deal with those family members who will be coming to you with their hands out.

The "insider", for anyone who doesn't know, is Winston Pfiester from Texas - a guy that used to only go by the alias "DC Guy" (acting like he was some sort of DC source) until his real identity was exposed by someone who listens to the calls and knows him. He is a "serial entrepreneur" with a string of business failures behind him who currently owns some sort of small time/regional airport lounge business. It turns out much of the background he mentioned to get his dinar cred - I am sure you are surprised - is either completely made up or can't be proven (claims to have went to MIT, worked at DARPA, etc.).

Once his identity was exposed he "came out" about who he really was on a call. Interestingly, doing so only seemed to increase his credibility to dinar RV true believers. Which is yet another sign of how amazingly stupid these people are, yet somehow not surprising.

Roboe

Post by Roboe » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:55 am

The bulk of the call is about whatever insider he has with him, who talk about things like how the banks are testing their software to be able to deal with all these people with all this money,

I'm sure my mom would love to have a chat with this source. Her work involves the software architecture allowing for international financial transactions, something you'd imagine would be kind of important following a 'global currency reset', and these days she's more annoyed that they're still working with COBOL, than having to prep the system for people suddenly having wads of cash on their hands. Mind you, she's spent the last 15 years or so complaining about being stuck with COBOL :lol:

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:23 am

Hey, did you bring these people in to make the Birthers look SANE? OMG it's working! :lol:
Avatar Photo: Current Logo for Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:01 am

A dear friend of my in Seattle has worked for major banks (they keep selling themselves off) for 40 years. I asked him about the Dinar stuff and whether his bank was prepared.

He is still laughing...
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:47 am

A dear friend of my in Seattle has worked for major banks (they keep selling themselves off) for 40 years. I asked him about the Dinar stuff and whether his bank was prepared.

He is still laughing...

I work for a bank in enterprise availability. This is the sort of thing we want to know about. Obviously we've not heard a word, not a peep.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”