Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
John Thomas8

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

Post by John Thomas8 »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:08 pm I was channeling my inner rwnj…

(Yes he is there, lurking in the dark places of my sole, mostly kept in check by intelligence and empathy)
40 years ago I was an active RWNJ.

I got better, thankfully.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:bighug:
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:35 pm Kyle didn't need nobodies permission to become a vigilante

He was very restrained in the number of people he shot that night

We should all praise him for his civic duty in killing those evil protesters.
I've seen quite a few RWNJ/poots call him a patriot. Shofar man is one of them.
Dave from down under

If the jury knew about Shofar man’s endorsement then they would convict on that alone! ;)
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:15 pm If the jury knew about Shofar man’s endorsement then they would convict on that alone! ;)
That assumes the jury isn't filled with RWNJs. A fact not in evidence so far, lead by a judge who seems to be a wee bit mentally unstable.

The mutt is gonna walk.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

That juror got kicked off for the very tasteless joke concerning Jacob Black, how many other members of the jury harbor similar thoughts, but are smart enough to not tell them to deputies?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

poplove wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:12 pm
Dave from down under wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:35 pm Kyle didn't need nobodies permission to become a vigilante

He was very restrained in the number of people he shot that night

We should all praise him for his civic duty in killing those evil protesters.
I've seen quite a few RWNJ/poots call him a patriot. Shofar man is one of them.
Yeah - shofar dude has been posting about that. He has also been posting about flat earth and Nibiru.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

John Thomas8 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:09 pm
Dave from down under wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:08 pm I was channeling my inner rwnj…

(Yes he is there, lurking in the dark places of my sole, mostly kept in check by intelligence and empathy)

I'll see you and raise you when I was in the Corps, I had fascist leanings. I was strongly of the opinion that you should not be allowed to run for political office, nor vote for one, unless you had served in the military...

I grew up after I got out, and realized those ideas violated my oath, which as far as I'm concerned never expires.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Dave from down under

:thumbsup:
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:11 pm
I grew up after I got out, and realized those ideas violated my oath, which as far as I'm concerned never expires.
[hijack]
Which is why flynn should be brought back on active duty and court martialed.
[/hijack]

This "kid" is not a victim, it went someplace it didn't need to be, wasn't qualified to be, hunting trouble then caused it.
Dave from down under

Kyle needs to be freed!!!!

He must be freed as he urgently needs acting lessons - his fake crying today was pathetic.
I've seen more convincing acting from a brick.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:26 pm Didn’t he testified today that he’s also a member of the Antioch fire department?
He testified that he was a member of the Antioch Fire Department Cadet Program.
The Antioch Fire Department and the Antioch Firefighters Association currently supports an apprentice program for young men and women ages 14 - 21 years of age. The Cadet Corps is established to provide young people with an interest in the fire service the opportunity to experience volunteer firefighting service to the community. With a mixture of hands on training and classroom instruction, Antioch Cadets are instructed in the basics by experienced firefighter mentors. The main goal of our program is to create opportunity for young adults to assist as interns and gain valuable knowledge in preparation for future fire service employment.

The program was started in 2009 and was originally an Explorer Post. The program was revamped in 2012 as a Cadet program to allow a more active role for the Cadets. Because of their training and experience gained as Cadets, members of the program often move up to become a member of the Antioch Fire Department. Graduates of the Cadet program that qualify to become regular members are sponsored by the department in the local fire academy.

As a Cadet, young people will also take part in a controlled ride along program that allows members to ride along with the Antioch Fire Department Duty Crew. This and many other features of our Cadet program prepare those interested for future opportunities in the fire and EMS service. Our Cadets demonstrate pride in the community they we serve. Cadets are also expected to help with community public events. We help create an example for the community and do our part to keep Antioch a beautiful town. If you are interested in how to become a member of the Antioch Cadet Corp, ...
:snippity:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Kyle Rittenhouse deserves an award for his melodramatic performance on the witness stand.
Kyle Rittenhouse's crocodile tears broke the internet Wednesday.

In a nauseatingly melodramatic performance he choked back snot as he appeared to sob about how he feared for his life the day he shot and killed two people at a Black Lives Matter demonstration in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Defense attorney Mark Richards tried to paint Rittenhouse as a misunderstood honorable, patriotic Boy Scout who simply liked to shoot guns.

Rittenhouse is anything but.

"I'm sorry, I don't know much about ammo," Rittenhouse said, though he brought an AR-15 rifle and shot and killed two people. During Wednesday's testimony, Rittenhouse acknowledged he had not only lent body armor to a friend, but also regularly drove around with body armor in the trunk of his vehicle. In a dramatic turn, Prosecutor Thomas Binger was scolded by Judge Bruce Schroeder after trying to impeach Rittenhouse's contradictory testimony about what led to the events on the day of the killings.

Regardless of how Rittenhouse tries to twist his story – or twist his sad face into tears – his innocent kid act shouldn't fool anyone. The facts speak for themselves.

On Aug. 25, 2020, Rittenhouse drove from his home state of Illinois to a Black Lives Matter protest in Wisconsin. Hundreds of people had taken to the streets to protest the police shooting of a 29-year old Black man, Jacob Blake, who was paralyzed from the waist down. Rittenhouse, then 17, fatally shot Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, and Anthony Huber, 26, and wounded Gaige Grosskreutz, 27.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

LM K wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:18 am
Maybenaut wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:26 pm Didn’t he testified today that he’s also a member of the Antioch fire department?
He testified that he was a member of the Antioch Fire Department Cadet Program.
Sorry… should have used the sarcasm smilie. Just like when he said he was in nursing school when he wasn’t, the prosecutor asked him if he was a member of the Antioch fire department and he said “yes.” Then Binger followed up with a bunch of questions about that.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

John Thomas8 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:09 pm

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https:// www.msn.com/en-us/video/news/judge-jean ... d=msedgntp
Judge Jeanine: Rittenhouse case is clearly self-defense, should be exonerated
Broke the link to avoid auto-play. Didn't listen to it.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:49 am https:// www.msn.com/en-us/video/news/judge-jean ... d=msedgntp
Judge Jeanine: Rittenhouse case is clearly self-defense, should be exonerated
Broke the link to avoid auto-play. Didn't listen to it.
I'll drink to that!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kyle Rittenhouse’s mother will be on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show tonight
Wendybird

Post by Wendybird »

Hello all (except Anders)
I am very confused about the Judge yelling at the prosecutor. Can anyone shed light on that? Was the prosecutor out of line? When I first read about this I thought the berating occurred during a sidebar but it seems to have happened in open court. Did it? If so, isn't that exceedingly damaging (to the one being yelled at) for the jury to witness? And to allow the defense to pile on just struck me as way over the top for the judge to allow (if it happened in open court).
Thanks in advance.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

My understanding is the yelling occurred with the jury out of the room.

Also, @popehat has some thoughts on angry judges. A thread:

Image Image Image Image
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I'm pretty sure the jury was out of the room.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I'll summarize
Did too
Nuh-uh
Did too
Nuh-uh
Uh-huh!
Nuh-uh
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

I missed the part about the prosecutor commenting on Rittenhouse’s invoking his right to silence, but if he did, the judge was right to ream him.

I did hear the part about the other acts evidence. It was litigated. The judge ruled. If the prosecutor thought the defense opened the door, he needed to ask the judge to admit the evidence before he just started asking questions of the witness in front of the jury. I actually thought the defense may have opened the door, and if Binger had asked, the judge may have ruled in his favor because temperatures wouldn’t have been running so high.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Wendybird

Post by Wendybird »

Thanks so much.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

So is there any utility to potentially showing that a judge has bias? The objection seemed like it was more about trying to demonstrate that the judge is applying rules (and emotions) differently for the prosecution than the defense. Could this be for the audience rather than the court?

Return to “Other weirdos”