Assault on the Capitol (DC)

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by raison de arizona »

somerset wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:57 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:27 am 60 days. :violin:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/le ... story.html
In sentencing Ryan to 60 days in custody, he cited her apparent lack of remorse for her conduct, as well as her decision to join the mob, not directly from President Donald Trump’s rally that morning but after going back to her hotel and seeing television footage of a mob besieging the Capitol.

:snippity:

“You’ve been very upfront that you feel no sense of shame or guilt,” Cooper said. “You suggested antifa was somehow involved. And perhaps most famously, you said that because you had blonde hair and white skin, you wouldn’t be going to jail.”

:snippity:

Ryan is being allowed to report in January to serve her sentence.
I hope her sentence doesn't get suspended between now and then.
Isn't she the one that had her pre-trial release modified so she could go to Mexico? Maybe she can spend Christmas in Cancun with Ted Cruz before reporting for her sentence.

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

She'd have good company in Cancun.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... en-reports
Staff and tourists near the Mexican resort city of Cancún have been sent rushing for shelter after a group of armed men entered the beach outside a luxury hotel and opened fire.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Yeah because it would be a shame to interfere with this good citizen's holidays. Maybe that's what she actually needs in order for it to sink in. Spend the holidays in jail like someone else probably would have to do.
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

somerset wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:57 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:27 am Ryan is being allowed to report in January to serve her sentence.
I hope her sentence doesn't get suspended between now and then.
She should be made to report in to start her sentence on January 6th. :mad:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RVInit wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:28 pm Yeah because it would be a shame to interfere with this good citizen's holidays. Maybe that's what she actually needs in order for it to sink in. Spend the holidays in jail like someone else probably would have to do.
When I did my 105 in the jailhouse, I spent Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years there...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

And....where's the rest of the story, Frater?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

It wasn't him, he was totally innocent, it was two other guys, he was out of town that day, nobody saw him, and the guy deserved it anyway.

Whatever. :whistle:
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:51 pm And....where's the rest of the story, Frater?
Was on probation for Possession, less than an ounce, and was assigned to a new probation officer. She immediately took a dislike to me, probably because unlike every other male who walked into her office, I didn't have my eyes down cast looking like a beaten down dog. Third visit, she swore I smelled of weed, and off to the whiz quiz, it came back clean, and she said I was using a masking agent and VOP for me, to which I responded with "You can swing off my nuts and kiss my ass".

Then she told the cop who cuffed me to charge me with anything he could charge me with, he ran my record and saw I had a suspended license, he asked me if I drove in, I ignored him, he asked if I was going to answer him. I asked him if I missed my attorney arriving, because until I have one, we have nothing to discuss, so now I was driving on a suspended part Dux.

Fast forward to trial, despite providing proof of a taxi receipt that I didn't drive that day [my car in need of an alternator at the time], the cop testified that I told him I drove in that day. For the judge that was enough to prove my guilt, she tried to give me probation and I told her I'm not going to report and not going to pay a cent, so it was a vacation in the county jailhouse. The probation officer knew I was dealing, but couldn't prove it, so she though that trip would put me out of business, spoiler: It didn't.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

:like:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Your jail tale could be a song. 105 in the county cell.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:23 pm Your jail tale could be a song. 105 in the county cell.
Too bad Johnny Cash is no longer with us...

Trent Reznor
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

If you're still dealing, here's what I'd do,
Come down with Willie and his crew.
We'll smoke an ounce or two with you,
When you've done your 105 in the county cell.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

noblepa wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:24 pm
I certainly don't mean to make light of your experience or feelings, but I just thought of a new game, "Six Degrees of Insurrection".

I'll bet, if we tried, most of us could find a relative, a friend, a friend of a friend, or a friend of a relative, or an acquaintance who was directly involved in the insurrection, in six links or less.
That would be me in one - coworker.

We were conducting commissioning tests that day. It's a detailed procedure, but he kept stepping away to take personal phone calls. I had no idea what was going on in DC until after 5pm PST when I started the commute home and heard the news on the radio. I put two and two together, and asked him about it the following morning. He confirmed he had friends in DC involved in scaling the walls and walking the halls. Ugh. I left him behind for the rest of the project, and didn't talk to him for a week or so.
Tiredretiredlawyer

busterbunker wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:20 am If you're still dealing, here's what I'd do,
Come down with Willie and his crew.
We'll smoke an ounce or two with you,
When you've done your 105 in the county cell.
Bravo!!!!!!!!! :winner:
bob

Post by bob »

CNN: US Capitol rioter with cancer ordered released from jail after surprise inspection found unsafe conditions:
A federal judge has ordered a January 6 defendant to be released from the DC jail after an unannounced inspection by US Marshals last month showed mistreatment of detainees and increased the judge's concern that a defendant with cancer would not be treated properly.

Judge Royce Lamberth said that the conditions in the jail were "deplorable" and "beyond belief," and ordered that defendant Christopher Worrell be transferred immediately to a different jail, and released on home detention as soon as possible to start chemotherapy.

"This court has zero confidence that the DC jail" will provide the treatment correctly and not retaliate against Worrell, Lamberth said.

The Marshals Service is moving 400 prisoners out of a section of the DC Jail after discovering horrible conditions in the jail, like water being shutoff in many cells for several days, clogged toilets and an inmate who had been pepper sprayed and was unable to wash the spray off for days, leading to an infection.

According to a report from the Marshals Service -- which Lamberth made public Wednesday -- the agency also observed DC Department of Corrections staff "antagonizing detainees" and "directing detainees to not cooperate with" the Marshals during their inspection. "One DOC staffer was observed telling a detainee to 'stop snitching,'" according to the report.

However, most prisoners being held for January 6 offenses remain at the jail because they are in what's known as the Central Treatment Facility, and it passed the inspection. Worrell is the first January 6 defendant to be removed from the jail after the inspection.
The insurrections see this as proof the January 6 defendants generally, and Worrell specifically, are being retaliated against. But I'm not following this story closely enough to know whether there's a link between the conditions in this particular portion of the jail and the defendants that are housed there. (The poor conditions at the DC jail preceded January 6.)
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

So, Jenna Ryan is doing interviews. And talking about how she is a big time victim. And posting vids of the interviews on her Youtube channel.

She needs a serious de-bratification. Actually I'll say it, she needs a good solid spanking. What an entitled bratty kid.

https://www.rawstory.com/jenna-ryan-2655514335/
"That's just one more example of how they've taken my image and used my image to skewer Trump, to skewer Trump supporters, and definitely to skewer myself," Ryan said.

"You're a victim," Kelly responded.

"I'm a big-time victim," Ryan said. "Like, I've gone through hell. They've gone through my phone. ... I was treated like a terrorist at the airport. ... I cannot tell you how I've been treated, and it's been horrible, and it's a travesty, and I hope I don't get in trouble for talking right now."

After Kelly suggested that something good could come out of Ryan's ordeal, she responded by issuing an apparent threat to her critics.

"What we're going to do is now take action against some of the cancel culture," she said. "Anyone out there who's spread lies about me will be hearing from my people in the future."
Bit more stupid at the link.

Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:twisted: IFF all these J6 political prisoners are a cancer to society, will they get released asap :?:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Anyone know this guy?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:violin:

As a veteran, he knew better.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

I would say that constitutes cruel and unusual punishment, and needs to be addressed.

OTOH, we've heard this before from others. It points to a long term problem within corrections system in general.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:03 pm Anyone know this guy?
I would google him. WaPo has some good stories on him but I assume they're behind the paywall. He had security clearance and intelligence experience within the alphabet agencies and was a key planner of the insurrection, suggesting tactics that were violent and terrorist in nature. And I saw he also climbed a wall while there.

No doubt he has cancer and a bad back, but they didn't seem to come into play until he was arrested.

I've no doubt the DC jail conditions are miserable, although it's not hard to imagine they're better in the "J6" wing than in the drug dealer wing (so to speak). One of the insurrectionists complains about not being able to get clean nail clippers.

These are active participants in the "Big Lie." It's hard for me personally to believe much of what they say. They want to play up their role as tortured "political prisoner patriots."
filly

Post by filly »

Are these traitors being treated any differently than other prisoners? I think not.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

filly wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:19 am Are these traitors being treated any differently than other prisoners? I think not.
Yeah, probably not. To me that makes the situation worse. This stuff has probably been going on at the DC jail for years, and nothing changed until enough white people started complaining.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

:yeahthat:
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

filly wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:19 am Are these traitors being treated any differently than other prisoners? I think not.
Given how much this group leans on the idea of violent crackdowns and punishment, yeah, these complains come across as 'how dare you treat US like you treat THEM'. Like so much of their ethical structure, it is not about what you do, but who you do it to.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”