Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Kendra »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Judge Beryl Howell on Cody Mattice #FenceSnatcher last week: "He literally is climbing over a mass of rioters… He almost lost his pants, he’s flashing his underwear… to spray things at officers."

Here's the video she was referencing:
I missed seeing this video.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:41 am When stupid doesn't begin to cover it...

@mtgreenee
"Jan. 6 was just a riot...and if you think about what our Declaration of Independence says, it says to overthrow tyrants."
She has her dates confused. On November 3rd, we overthrew a tyrant and defended liberty.

The colonists rebelled because they wanted to be able to control their own destiny (and have a vote and voice in it). MTG and the MAGA rebel because they want to control everybody else's destiny (and keep them from having a voice or vote in it).
101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:41 am When stupid doesn't begin to cover it...

https:// twitter.com/AccountableGOP/status/1453020823158239237
The Republican Accountability Project @AccountableGOP
.@mtgreenee "Jan. 6 was just a riot...and if you think about what our Declaration of Independence says, it says to overthrow tyrants."

5:28 PM · Oct 26, 2021
"Jan. 6 was just a riot...and if you think about what our Declaration of Independence says, it says to overthrow tyrants."
When I recall the historical times of the Founding Fathers they did not recommend the overturning of their own elected government but revolt against foreign powers like some British King... :think:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The US constitution, which IS a law unlike the Dec if ind, does mention something about Congress having the power to raise a militia to suppress Insurrections. Seems the most holy framers did not like the idea of The Americans Revolting.

That Jefferson "Tree of Liberty" letter was him begging the rest of them not to enact the Constitution.
Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.salon.com/2021/10/27/video- ... ike-pence/
John Eastman, the former Trump lawyer who authored the infamous "coup memo" on how to overturn the 2020 election, was caught on camera saying his coup plan would have worked if it wasn't for former Vice President Mike Pence.

Lauren Windsor, a progressive activist who is known for posing incognito to draw out revealing statements from Republicans and conservatives, spoke to Eastman at an event hosted by The Claremont Institute, Eastman's employer.

Pretending to be an outspoken Trump supporter, Windsor tells Eastman, "I read your memo and I thought it was solid in all of its legal arguments. And I was floored that Mike Pence didn't do anything. Why didn't he act on it? You gave him the legal reasoning to do that."

"I know, I know," replied Eastman.
Rachel had more last night.

There's the full video at the link.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
tek

Post by tek »

eastman-1.jpg
eastman-1.jpg (22.61 KiB) Viewed 911 times
Hm, Eastman, Dersh, or Hutz? tough call.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

Americans are still revolting. :whistle:
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

tek wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:55 pm eastman-1.jpg

Hm, Eastman, Dersh, or Hutz? tough call.
Dude, I'm putting them on a list with Orly and GIL.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:10 pm https://www.salon.com/2021/10/27/video- ... ike-pence/
John Eastman, the former Trump lawyer who authored the infamous "coup memo" on how to overturn the 2020 election, was caught on camera saying his coup plan would have worked if it wasn't for former Vice President Mike Pence.

Lauren Windsor, a progressive activist who is known for posing incognito to draw out revealing statements from Republicans and conservatives, spoke to Eastman at an event hosted by The Claremont Institute, Eastman's employer.

Pretending to be an outspoken Trump supporter, Windsor tells Eastman, "I read your memo and I thought it was solid in all of its legal arguments. And I was floored that Mike Pence didn't do anything. Why didn't he act on it? You gave him the legal reasoning to do that."

"I know, I know," replied Eastman.
Rachel had more last night.

There's the full video at the link.

Shades of....... I'll get you, and your little dog too
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews
Defense attorney today referred to inmates in the January 6th wing of the Washington DC Jail as "cult-like" and referred to the jail wing's environment as "toxic"

And federal judge questioned the wisdom of having the Jan 6 defendants together in same segregated unit
8:10 PM · Oct 26, 2021·TweetDeck
https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 8866622472

Whose amazing idea was it to house the cult members together, where they could reinforce their delusions and support one anothers defiance of reality?
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:51 am
Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews
Defense attorney today referred to inmates in the January 6th wing of the Washington DC Jail as "cult-like" and referred to the jail wing's environment as "toxic"

And federal judge questioned the wisdom of having the Jan 6 defendants together in same segregated unit

Whose amazing idea was it to house the cult members together, where they could reinforce their delusions and support one anothers defiance of reality?
I’m torn about this. They could be spread out and infect relatively normal inmates, sovcit style.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Two words: solitary confinement.

Two more: steel box.

And: In desert.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Segregated they are reinforcing their lack of remorse.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:21 am Segregated they are reinforcing their lack of remorse.
Maybe that will help them get more severe sentences, if they act up or get rowdy in court? Just wishful thinking, I'm sure.
ImageImageImage x5
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

bill_g wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:55 am Two words: solitary confinement.

Given how insecure these people are, I think pink jumpsuits would be even more effective.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

neeneko wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:41 am
bill_g wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:55 am Two words: solitary confinement.

Given how insecure these people are, I think pink jumpsuits would be even more effective.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/matthew- ... d933196210
He Dressed As Press To Storm The Capitol. Now We Know He Runs A White Nationalist Website.
Matthew Purse was one of the most malevolent characters in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 6. The horrifying extent of his extremism has gone unreported, until now.
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

On a lighter note....

bob

Post by bob »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:27 am They could be spread out and infect relatively normal inmates, sovcit style.
:yeahthat:

In jail and prison, gangs are segregated, to reduce the likelihood of gang-on-gang violence.
Image ImageImage
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Suranis wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:51 am
Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews

Maybe we should call them "Group W" and give them a separate bench to sit on.

They are probably segregated because the drug dealers, murderers and rapists didn't want anything to do with them.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Long thread at link (still ongoing). Sounds like the judges are getting fed up.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

bob wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:29 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:27 am They could be spread out and infect relatively normal inmates, sovcit style.
:yeahthat:

In jail and prison, gangs are segregated, to reduce the likelihood of gang-on-gang violence.
The flipside of that, though, is that keeping them together reinforces the (wrong) notion that they are political prisoners.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
bob

Post by bob »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:08 pmThe flipside of that, though, is that keeping them together reinforces the (wrong) notion that they are political prisoners.
Jailers (like many) are often in no-win positions, so least-bad is better. I'll defer their expertise that operational safety is more important than public perception.

And I can't control that others are wrong. :dance:
Image ImageImage
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

bob wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:14 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:08 pmThe flipside of that, though, is that keeping them together reinforces the (wrong) notion that they are political prisoners.
Jailers (like many) are often in no-win positions, so least-bad is better. I'll defer their expertise that operational safety is more important than public perception.

oh, I don’t disagree. I was just thinking of how the British government treated the IRA as political prisoners. They kept them segregated, didn’t make them wear prison garb, etc. Until Margaret Thatcher showed up and changed all that. Treating them like criminals was actually one of the things that started bringing them to the negotiating table. I know it’s not the same situation, but it was just a thought that I had.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

bob wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:14 pm

And some of it is probably SOP for anyone in that jail, without a lot of thought put into it. Something like "all misdemeanor charges are held in pod A" with no regard for anything else beyond maybe keeping the violent ones out of genpop.

Didn't we have someone on the board who had prison experience?

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”