Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:44 am The mistake everyone keeps making is calling him _a_ Nazi. In my group, Stephen Miller is referred to as _The_ Nazi.

(Will apologies to Irene Adler.)
And apologies to Arthur Conan Doyle.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:30 am
p0rtia wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:44 am The mistake everyone keeps making is calling him _a_ Nazi. In my group, Stephen Miller is referred to as _The_ Nazi.

;)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

US Capitol Police turned over four hours of security camera video from 6pm-10pm on January 5, 2021 to the US Justice Dept

Federal official says this video is related to the *ongoing* investigation of the pipe bombs
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Oh please, oh please, oh please find out who that bitch is. And if it turns out to be MTG, I could die happy.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The noose from the gallows erected near US Capitol on January 6 is in the possession of the FBI Washington field office, per multiple law enforcement sources
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Justices presiding over pro-Trump Capitol riot defendants are receiving 'all kinds of threats,' according to federal judge
Erin Snodgrass
Tue., October 26, 2021, 12:38 a.m.

A federal judge said judges overseeing January 6 cases are receiving "all kinds of threats."

DC District Judge Reggie Walton made the comments during sentencing for Lori and Thomas Vinson.

The judge handed down the maximum sentence for both in an effort to deter future violence.

A federal judge is blaming unrepentant Capitol riot defendants for the recent influx of threats targeted toward justices overseeing January 6 cases.

During a Friday sentencing hearing for Lori and Thomas Vinson, DC District Judge Reggie Walton slammed the ongoing propagation of former President Donald Trump's election lies, saying Capitol riot defendants who are standing by their actions have spurred others who believe the election was "stolen" to harass the dozen or so judges who are overseeing the hundreds of January 6 cases.

"As judges, we're getting all kinds of threats and hostile phone calls when we have these cases before us, because there are unfortunately other people out there who buy in on this proposition, even though there was no proof, that somehow the election was fraudulent," Walton said in court on Friday, according to CNN.

Official audits and election experts have concluded there was no widespread fraud in the 2020 election, and the Department of Homeland Security declared the election the "most secure in American history."

But that hasn't stopped some Trump supporters from continuing to spread dangerous propaganda about US election security, Walton said, which he called a threat to democracy.

"Democracies die, and we've seen it in the past, when the citizens rise up against their government and engage in the type of conduct that happened on January 6," Walton said.

https://ca.style.yahoo.com/justices-pro ... 41665.html
tek

Post by tek »

Isn't there some sort of legal thingy about threats against a federal judge?
bob

Post by bob »

tek wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:06 pm Isn't there some sort of legal thingy about threats against a federal judge?
Yes, but the DOJ and the USMS both say they lack sufficient resources.
Image ImageImage
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Have you read DrJackBrown’s body language analysis of the footage that’s been released? It’s the pinned thread at the top of his twitter feed. This link takes you to the tweet where he begins discussing the Capitl Hill Club.

Three points he makes that are interesting: Definitely a woman; she knew someone who lived in a house on a street on her route the night she planted the pipe bombs; the pipe bomb described in all reports as having been placed behind the RNC HQ was actually placed behind the Capitol Hill Club, next door to the RNC.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That feed was fascinating. I only want to note one thing. While only one of several suggestions, he says the bomber was right-handed bc he/probably she holds her cell in her right hand. I'm right handed but I have always held phones in my left hand. Hubs says the same thing. Is that not typical?

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:34 pm That feed was fascinating. I only want to note one thing. While only one of several suggestions, he says the bomber was right-handed bc he/probably she holds her cell in her right hand. I'm right handed but I have always held phones in my left hand. Hubs says the same thing. Is that not typical?
Hold phone in left, punch with right (like selecting apps).
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:34 pm That feed was fascinating. I only want to note one thing. While only one of several suggestions, he says the bomber was right-handed bc he/probably she holds her cell in her right hand. I'm right handed but I have always held phones in my left hand. Hubs says the same thing. Is that not typical?
Could be a hand dominance issue like with me, I write and use utensils with my right. Yet. I rake the yard, skateboard, and put my wallet as if I'm left handed, too also, I can't snap my fingers with my right, but I can with my left.

I blame the nuns at Catholic school in my young life, when for first and second grade I was reported as ambidextrous, by the grade I was made to use only my right.. :shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I'm left handed and keep my phone in my left pocket, but I swap between hands pretty equally when I use it. (TBH, tho', I write/eat/cook lefty, and bat/golf/throw right handed. I'm not ambidextrous, just inconsistent.)
Image Image Image Image
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

He puts age at 30-50 because of two-thumb texting but I do that and I'm significantly older. I'm likely an exception if he's right generally.

I think it's too slight to be MTG.

One thing - if this person was doing stuff on their phone, can't one of the major carriers look at their records and see if a customer was following these routes at these times?

I don't know anything about burner phones and how they work though.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Also, if you're not used to wearing glasses (as in they're part of a disguise), you do tend to push up on them and fiddle a lot - especially if they're fake and ill fitting. I did at first as a kid until I got used to them or got ones that fit better.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The thing about wearing too-big shoes to disguise your gait I’ve seen elsewhere before. I also checked to see if their toes turned in, pigeon toed, or out, duck waddle-like. I can’t tell for sure, but it looks like neither, they point straight ahead.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:20 pm One thing - if this person was doing stuff on their phone, can't one of the major carriers look at their records and see if a customer was following these routes at these times?

I don't know anything about burner phones and how they work though.
From what I know, all they could tell is that signals were being received by a certain signal tower, not that they were going on a route, unless the phone was transmitting GPS co-ordinates.
Hic sunt dracones
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Estiveo wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:18 pm I'm left handed and keep my phone in my left pocket, but I swap between hands pretty equally when I use it. (TBH, tho', I write/eat/cook lefty, and bat/golf/throw right handed. I'm not ambidextrous, just inconsistent.)
Me too. I eat and write left-handed, but do most everything else right-handed.

I'm right-footed, as well. That is, I kick a football or soccer ball with my right-foot. Right-eyed, too. I use a telescope, microscope and camera with my right eye.

My wife, on the other hand, is truly left-handed. She even bowls left-handed.

My mother was truly ambidextrous.

I've read that no one is quite sure what causes some people to be righties and others to be southpaws, but they're sure its not hereditary. My wife and I are both lefties, but our son is a righty.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:40 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:30 am

;)
Stephen Miller - The Scandal from Belarus.
Politico Essay by Miller's Uncle
much ado

Post by much ado »

What an amazing story! Thanks!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Let's just say the Latin word for right is dexter and for left it's sinister.

Kinda says it all, yesno? :lol:

:gotalink:

Yes. Why yes I do.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-a ... ht-history
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Aquadextrous: ability to use your feet in the bathtub to operate the faucets. Very useful.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

When stupid doesn't begin to cover it...

@mtgreenee
"Jan. 6 was just a riot...and if you think about what our Declaration of Independence says, it says to overthrow tyrants."

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Who was the tyrant in charge on January 6th, Marj? :blackeye:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

And the only reason Jefferson, et al. weren’t hanged as traitors is because the Continental Army won the Revolutionary War.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”