Another Shooting

ZekeB

Another Shooting

Post by ZekeB »

News conference at 5:00 Pacific time on the shooting [/break1]oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2014/06/reynolds_high_shooting_police_1.html]here at Troutdale, Oregon. Troutdale is on the eastern edge of Portland. All I know so far is one student and the shooter are dead.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

DaveMuckey

Another Shooting

Post by DaveMuckey »

Today's victim. [/break1]oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2014/06/oregon_reynolds_high_shooting_victim_emilio_hoffman.html]http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index ... ffman.html

Suranis

Another Shooting

Post by Suranis »

Wow, look at all the scandals that Obama had to distract from.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Addie

Another Shooting

Post by Addie »

[link]New York Times,http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/11/us/tr ... ef=us&_r=0[/link]

Oregon Shooting Draws Obama’s Outrage on Gun Laws

WASHINGTON — President Obama, speaking hours after a gunman killed a student and wounded a teacher at an Oregon high school, said Tuesday that his failure to push through stricter gun laws was the greatest frustration of his presidency, declaring, “We’re the only developed country on earth where this happens.”

Speaking in blunt and bitter terms about a bloody trail of shootings in the last month, Mr. Obama said: “Our levels of gun violence are off the charts. There’s no advanced, developed country on earth that would put up with this.”

While the president said he had undertaken several executive actions to tighten existing regulations, the failure to require a background check for buyers of guns left the nation vulnerable to an unending series of mass shootings. “The bottom line is, is that we don’t have enough tools right now to really make as big of a dent as we need to,” Mr. Obama said to a young audience at a White House question-and-answer session sponsored by the social media site Tumblr. ...

“What are you going to do?” the student asked. “What can we all do?”

Mr. Obama replied that passing federal legislation would require a shift in public opinion big enough to move Congress, where he said most members “are terrified of the N.R.A.”
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

PatGund

Another Shooting

Post by PatGund »

Pete Santilli is whining that the press and the LVPD isn't mentioing Jerad and Amanda Miller's supposed "ties" to the Occupy movement[link]Las Vegas Police Intentionally Omit Cop killers Tie To Occupy Movement,http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/20 ... 72502.html[/link] (BIN, 10 June 2014)"So why would the Sheriff’s office mention Bundy and not Occupy? Because clearly it did not fit their agenda to use the shooting as a means to once again vilify Patriots, the Tea Party and conservative America. Searching Amanda Miller’s Facebook page it is clear to see she was affiliated with Occupy. Even her banner on facebook is a photo taken of the Million Mask March she and her husband participated in on November 5, 2013 in Indiana.After seeing this Photo the LVPD still didn’t think the shooters involvement with Occupy was important enough to mention in the press conference where they promptly began a media storm about the Miller’s involvement at Bundy Ranch."Problem is that the pictures are so small and indistinct that they could be, well, just about anything or anyone.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Another Shooting

Post by Flatpointhigh »

If they were there, it was to protest corruption. OWS was not part of this, but anonymous was and is. there is another "March" planned for Nov. 5th, Guy Fawkes Day, who it must be remembered attempted to blow up Parliament in order to restore Catholicism to England.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

mimi

Another Shooting

Post by mimi »

Amanda was part of the "million mask march". That is true.

Suranis

Another Shooting

Post by Suranis »

Actually to place a Catholic on the throne, but close enough [/break1]wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_FawkesGuy Fawkes is sometimes toasted as "the last man to enter Parliament with honest intentions".
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

gatsby

Another Shooting

Post by gatsby »

Do we know anything about the Oregon shooter?

TexasFilly

Another Shooting

Post by TexasFilly »

Do we know anything about the Oregon shooter?Haven't seen anything, except that he was a "teen." I assume that means he was a student at the high school.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Dolly

Another Shooting

Post by Dolly »

Victim in Oregon school shooting ID'd as 14-year-old freshmanTROUTDALE, Ore. - A teen gunman armed with a rifle shot and killed a student Tuesday and injured a teacher before he likely killed himself at a high school in a quiet Columbia River town in Oregon, authorities said.After the shooting stopped, police spotted the suspect slumped on a toilet in a bathroom at Reynolds High School but couldn't see what was happening with him.Officers used a robot with a camera to investigate and discovered the suspect was dead and that he had likely killed himself, Troutdale police spokesman Sgt. Carey Kaer said.The victim was identified a 14-year-old freshman Emilio Hoffman, police Chief Scott Anderson said at a Tuesday news conference. He said Emilio was found in the boys' locker room.Anderson said he had met with the boy's "devastated" parents and that they had a message for the public: "We want you to know Emilio was a great kid and was loved by all."Authorities have tentatively identified the gunman but were not "in a position to 100 percent confirm his name and age at this time."A law enforcement official told CBS News the shooter was also a student, but Anderson said he was not ready to release any more information about the suspect or his weapon, other than to say it was a rifle. Police could not say whether the victim was deliberately targeted. ............The teacher's injuries weren't life-threatening, and he was treated at the scene. He was identified as Todd Rispler, a 50-year-old physical education instructor and former track coach and quarterback at the school. Anderson said Rispler, despite being injured, "was able to make his way to the office and initiate the school lockdown procedure." [/break1]cbsnews.com/news/victim-in-oregon-school-shooting-idd-as-14-year-old-freshman/]http://www.cbsnews.com/news/victim-in-o ... -freshman/
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

TollandRCR

Another Shooting

Post by TollandRCR »

[BBvideo 425,350:jj34fggx][/BBvideo]Alex Jones with a little less anger
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Sam the Centipede

Another Shooting

Post by Sam the Centipede »

>

Alex Jones with a little less angerAfter insisting we're 100% (what is it about 100% with these guys?) under attack, this asswipe brings up a page of the Oregon shooting "Well, right on cue, as I speak, as I report this, this morning, again, another staged shooting. Yes, staged. I'm not even gonna look into it, I just have to read the headline to know that it's staged."

Confirmation bias? - we don't need no steenkin' confirmation!!

It's strange how the people setting up these "staged shootings" succeed in keeping that aspect secret from everybody except themselves, a bunch of brainless, stupid, hate-filled, vicious, vile morons!

I didn't watch much. It makes me want to puke.

DaveMuckey

Another Shooting

Post by DaveMuckey »

Do we know anything about the Oregon shooter?Another presser is scheduled for 11am PDT. The local sources I usually scan through in the morning haven't reported anything yet. There's a big part of me that wants him to die in anonymity.

ZekeB

Another Shooting

Post by ZekeB »

Do we know anything about the Oregon shooter?Another presser is scheduled for 11am PDT. The local sources I usually scan through in the morning haven't reported anything yet. There's a big part of me that wants him to die in anonymity.That may very well be what they are doing here. The name will be released, but not in some way that gives him lots of attention.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Volkonski

Another Shooting

Post by Volkonski »

Maxine Bernstein @maxoregonianChief Scott Anderson says shooter was 15yrold Jared Michael Padgett, a RHS freshman, arrived by school bus[/break1]oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2014/06/oregon_school_shooting_troutda.html]http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index ... outda.html
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Another Shooting

Post by Volkonski »

Maxine Bernstein @maxoregonianJared Michael Padgett carried AR-15 type assault rifle in guitar case , entered boys locker room

gatsby

Another Shooting

Post by gatsby »

He received the gun from his family home.

Volkonski

Another Shooting

Post by Volkonski »

Maxine Bernstein @maxoregonianTeacher Todd Rispler encountered Jared Michael Padgett, 15, in locker room and was shot as he fled; grazed in hip

DaveMuckey

Another Shooting

Post by DaveMuckey »

"Shooter" defeated security measures parents used to secure firearms. "Shooter" took his own life.

Volkonski

Another Shooting

Post by Volkonski »

Maxine Bernstein @maxoregonianJared Michael Padgett walked into main hallway of school after shooting Hoffman and encountered officers ; there was an exchange of gunfire

mimi

Another Shooting

Post by mimi »

Geeze. Another Jared. No motive yet?

AnitaMaria

Another Shooting

Post by AnitaMaria »

Video of the Las Vegas shooters' final seconds. Creepy, but not grotesque because it blacks out before the gory stuff begins.Sekrit Stuffs!

mimi

Another Shooting

Post by mimi »

Yeah, that is creepy. They really did have a pact.

TollandRCR

Another Shooting

Post by TollandRCR »

Washington Post June 11, 2014 [link]Police visited Las Vegas shooters earlier this year and determined that they weren’t a threat,http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post ... id=up_next[/link]Four months before a married couple shot and killed two Las Vegas police officers and a bystander, the police visited their home and determined that they didn’t pose any threat, authorities said Wednesday.Detectives were dispatched to the home of Jerad Miller in February because the Southern Nevada Counter-Terrorism Center was alerted that he had made threatening remarks to a government agency in Indiana, Kevin C. McMahill, assistant sheriff of Clark County, said during a briefing with reporters....This echoes something that happened in Santa Barbara, Calif., before a shooting there two weeks ago: A month before a gunman went on a violent rampage in a sunny beach town there, officers visited him and determined that he didn’t pose any threat.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “► ► Breaking News ◄ ◄”