Take this quiz (Washington Post) to see if you are a conspiracy theorist.

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Take this quiz (Washington Post) to see if you are a conspiracy theorist.

Post by Foggy »

The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Take this quiz (Washington Post) to see if you are a conspiracy theorist.

Post by AndyinPA »

Aced it! 100 percent correct. (It wasn't that hard.)
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Final score
Congrats, you've aced this quiz! But even if the questions here were obvious to you, about 9 in 10 Americans would likely fail at least once — probably someone you know and love is one of them.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I expect all of you to ace it without staying in a Holiday Inn Express. What I thought was interesting is the stats they give about how many people believe in the various conspiracy theories. Spooky!
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Foggy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:06 pm Take the quiz.
hidden behind paywall.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:32 pm
hidden behind paywall.
Try this: https://wapo.st/3Ams1H3
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yeah, I thought the stats were the interesting part, too. I wasn't surprised to ace it, and expect that almost everyone here would also ace it. I guess I had no problem accessing it because I have a subscription. Too bad if there's a paywall. Sometimes WP makes an article free. Sometimes it allows you to gift an article.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bob

Post by bob »

Foggy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:21 pm Yeah, I expect all of you to ace it without staying in a Holiday Inn Express. What I thought was interesting is the stats they give about how many people believe in the various conspiracy theories. Spooky!
Dude hasn't been president in nearly five years, and a quintile still believe Obama isn't a U.S. citizen.

I did quibble with "no Russian collusion" and "insufficient evidence of a criminal conspiracy,," as if the two were synonymous.
Image ImageImage
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:35 pm
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:32 pm
hidden behind paywall.
Try this: https://wapo.st/3Ams1H3
:thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

bob wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:47 pm Dude hasn't been president in nearly five years, and a quintile still believe Obama isn't a U.S. citizen.
Yeah, and since there will never be any organized campaign to correct that misapprehension, that will remain the same until all of that quintile goes pining for the fjords. It won't be forever, though. Soon enough, just a footnote in history.

Oddly enough, I actually have some expertise on the subject of whether he's a natural born citizen. I could set up a series of pay-per-view Zoom meetings where I deliver a brilliant lecture entitled "Eligible: Birthers Are Morons" and do you know how many people would pay $5 to hear - and see - the truth, backed by irrefutable evidence and Supreme Court precedent?

Zero, that's who. It's over (with the exception of the eleven birthers on the P&E, who are being relentlessly tracked by you, of course). There may be 20% of voters who say Obama was never eligible, but they don't actually do or say anything about it when they're not actually talking to a pollster. They know it's over.

And I hate to think about it, but 20% of Americans believe a LOT of weird shit. Like, check out this list. More than 20% of Americans believe the Sun revolves around the Earth. And 23% of Americans have no idea at all which country we won our independence from in the American Revolution. How ARE you going to deal with a nation of MORONS?
June bug

Post by June bug »

Aced it, but not surprised - I am a Fogbow peep after all! Also not surprising, but sad: how many Americans are credulous :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: .
bob

Post by bob »

Foggy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:29 pmThere may be 20% of voters who say Obama was never eligible, but they don't actually do or say anything about it when they're not actually talking to a pollster.
:yeahthat:

We now live in an odd era where people deliberately say provocative things to pollsters, as a form of owning the libs. A weird form of expressing grievances to feel heard.

Which makes me doubt the percentages about other conspiracies, but not doubt that the believers are (1) a non-zero number and (2) too high.
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, and just for balance we elected a birther president for four years. That surely made the quintile feel better. :clap:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Final score
Congrats, you've aced this quiz!

I would have loved to see the percentages of those polled that correctly identified the true statements in the results. Perhaps they are implied by doing a bit of math.

OR

Maybe they are being deliberately withheld!!!!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Do I need to exchange my passport - I had all correct ;)

But then again, just consider the circle I move in :cantlook:
wavey davey

Post by wavey davey »

Aced it, and thanks for the non-paywall version!

As for the disturbing stats, it's been clear to me for many years that somewhere around 20% of Merkins are going to believe some kind of crap.
Image Image ImageImage
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Fun little quiz and scary the responses!

But if enough non Americans took it that would help the appearance of American knowledge. ;)
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Me too, although my quibble was with the JFK assassination. Sure, no actual evidence of a conspiracy has come to light, but the idea that underworld-connected nightclub owner Jack Ruby killed Oswald out of patriotism or desire for fame and then coincidentally died in prison is fishier than a barrel of lutefisk.

The idea that it was the CIA or any other “inside job” seems preposterous. But the Mob hated the Kennedys, and... let’s just say I have my doubts that nobody other than Lee Harvey was in any way involved.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That was also my quibble. And my reasoning is pretty much along the same lines as yours. Not alone; mob. In this case, I think it's probably because they buried so much that it's easy to wonder about it. Still, I wouldn't bet much on the theory, so I knew that wasn't the right choice, and I knew which one was the right choice.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

roadscholar wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:28 pm Me too, although my quibble was with the JFK assassination. Sure, no actual evidence of a conspiracy has come to light, but the idea that underworld-connected nightclub owner Jack Ruby killed Oswald out of patriotism or desire for fame and then coincidentally died in prison is fishier than a barrel of lutefisk.

The idea that it was the CIA or any other “inside job” seems preposterous. But the Mob hated the Kennedys, and... let’s just say I have my doubts that nobody other than Lee Harvey was in any way involved.
I've fired the same model rifle that Oswald used...it has a nasty tendency to hitch up cycling the bolt, I have little faith in the fact that he was able to get a prefect quick cycle twice in a row...someone else had to be there as well... :tinfoil:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I got all of them correct too. I guess I'm not a nutter although Mrs. Reeve might disagree.
Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras »

Ditto.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I aced it too. Is WaPo selling the winners' IP addresses to the highest bidder?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “The Funny”