Another weird, run-in ridiculous bs topic that no o e can search for and is rendered irrelevant but I think is Clever.

mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Re: Another weird, run-in ridiculous bs topic that no o e can search for and is rendered irrelevant but I think is Cleve

Post by mojosapien »

AOK?????
owo.jpg
owo.jpg (251.31 KiB) Viewed 1894 times
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Sam the Centipede

Re: Another weird, run-in ridiculous bs topic that no o e can search for and is rendered irrelevant but I think is Cleve

Post by Sam the Centipede »

mojosapien wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:23 am Clever-made collapasble bin that fell apart on me. Thanks, Lowe's.
You wanted collapsible, you got collapsible, what's your gripe?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:43 am Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
Of course you could sa3it backwards and thats:

DOCIOUSALLEYEXPIEISTICFRAGICALIRUPUS

But that's going a bit too far (Especially on this kruddy tablet keyboard), don't you agree?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:45 am Baader-Meinhof phenomenon is the technical term. It’s stupid though. No wonder I can’t remember it ( sorry, Messrs Baader and Meinhof).
BaadMein
Baader
BaMe
Does not lend itself to easy memes.
Can anyone portmanteau this? Can I use portmanteau as a verb? :confuzzled: :notlistening:
Between this and @portia's post, I relearned Badder Meinhof. Everyone will experience at some point. You buy a new car, and suddenly you notice how many others like yours are on the road.

But, I think it's situational. If you didn't insert yourself into the situation, you wouldn't see the pattern. IE: if you didn't go into traffic, you'd never see all the cars like yours. Everyone that goes to a dog park has a dog. Mountain trails are filled with hikers. None of the people running the Boston Marathon are overweight. People in hospitals are sick. Those are all easily recognizable patterns, and if someone didn't see it until it's pointed out, they aren't naturally curious people.

But, recognizing that information itself is forever branching seems foreign to a lot of people. It's neither linear nor predictable how it will vector - which direction it will go. For example, I find thread titles revealing of the author. Are they precocious and whimsical, or are they serious and staid? Succinct and to the point, or long winded and even confusing?

I like thread titles great and small, short and small, or thick as a wall. Don't ch'all?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

bill_g wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:48 am
I like thread titles great and small, short and small, or thick as a wall. Don't ch'all?
I like thread titles five words or less, without the mess, don’t have to guess. Say yes.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Maybenaut wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:55 am
I like thread titles five words or less, without the mess, don’t have to guess. Say yes.
:like:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Are we scoring on a 1-10 scale?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I was spoofing the phenom with my Lindsey Graham title, but perhaps I was making it worse?

but too also, with all the various covid threads, adding spreadnecks and covidiots makes it easier for me to find that title, as opposed to the states, schools and personal threads.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

mojosapien wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:16 am Indian Ranch in Webster MA - Lake whatever it is in Scottish.
I know this lake well and over many years I learned how to pronounce it. I’m making it easier for all the Fogbozers to learn it too. I’m going to type it out by syllables. tek may already be able to say it but I’m not aware of anyone else. Just think how you can impress your friends when someone asks about the longest place name in the United States. :lol:

Char-gogg-a-gogg-man-chaugg-a-gogg-char-bung-a-gung-a-maugg

It’s an Indian name and means “You fish on your side, I fish on my side, and nobody fishes in the middle.

Whew, I’m exhausted from over-riding the spell check!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:rotflmao:
Thanks, sunrise. You deserve a nap now.
tek

Post by tek »

Back in the day, we just called it "Webstah Lake"
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I don’t really care, whatever’s there, bad ones are rare. All’s fair!
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:47 pm
:lol:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

If I'm trying to "bookmark" one of my own posts, I might use an unusual word in the post, something I rarely say. Makes it easier to search for the post later.

Or if I can't be bothered to remember which unusual word is in which post I might want to see again, I can write the word "bookmark" in a post, then change the color to white and the size to 10 pixels, so nobody can see it. If I do that a lot, there might be a lengthy list of posts I've made containing the word "bookmark" that will come up in a search, but the list is in chronological order so it's still easy to find the one I'm looking for.

Note: I don't bookmark anybody else's posts, only my own. I promised to use my amazing forum superpowers only for good. :batting: The most I ever do to anybody else's posts is 1) I sometimes fix mistakes in speling and grammer, because I'm helpful, and 2) I sometimes fix mistakes in BBCodes, especially when the [ quote ] tag gets messed up and it shows the wrong person making the quote. Or I might try to fix the graphic that you didn't quite link to properly, and finally, 3) I delete duplicate posts and when anyone says "Oops, delete this post."
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:47 pm
:thumbsup:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:51 pm
Note: I don't bookmark anybody else's posts, only my own. I promised to use my amazing forum superpowers only for good. :batting: The most I ever do to anybody else's posts is 1) I sometimes fix mistakes in speling and grammer, because I'm helpful, and 2) I sometimes fix mistakes in BBCodes, especially when the [ quote ] tag gets messed up and it shows the wrong person making the quote. Or I might try to fix the graphic that you didn't quite link to properly, and finally, 3) I delete duplicate posts and when anyone says "Oops, delete this post."
I saw what you did.
tek

Post by tek »

Foggy wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:51 pm Or if I can't be bothered to remember which unusual word is in which post I might want to see again, I can write the word "bookmark" in a post, then change the color to white and the size to 10 pixels, so nobody can see it.
oh noes! Our cult leader is sending subliminal messages!
I was wondering why I keep having dreams about "bookmarks" :batting:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

1. Search engines index topic titles more than the posts themselves. So longer titles have more keywords that are picked up by Google (check it for yourself). Always been my goal to have more readers at Fogbow because the content is so cool.
2. Having some background about the subjects in the title (Lucian Lincoln Wood) provides some trivia information that folks remember (have learned a lot of middle names and birfdays which is fun).
3. There are a million references to just "Rudy Giuliani" but "Rudolph 'Rudy' William Louis Giuliani" would get indexed as high as the Wiki entry and others that use his full name. Lots don't realize he's 77 (May 28, 1944). Just an example.
4. Our topic on Strike For Freedom is listed above the event.

SFF.JPG
SFF.JPG (49.7 KiB) Viewed 1641 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
mojosapien
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Just because I was born here does not make me Chief of the Pimpaho Indians.
mojosapien
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

FEMA# ?????

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”