Weather Alerts

TollandRCR

Weather Alerts

Postby TollandRCR » Tue May 21, 2013 8:51 am

[link]Oklahoma joins 21 other states with petition for secession from the Union,http://nesaranews.blogspot.com/2013/05/oklahoma-joins-21-other-states-with.html[/link] Tuesday, 21-May-2013 07:55:08

Remember this? If the so-called 'Union' can really produce Harpicanes and artificial tornadoes, how will these and other states get loose while needing emergency funds to help repair themselves. The states that have petitioned the government to secede are as follows: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Nawww, it's just a coincidence that this horror tornado struck and that Texas is still in the worst drought ever, and that Obombya Regime actually sued Arizona which had horror shooting massacre, and Colorado suffered horrific wildfires and theater shooting, etc., etc., and the list goes on.

Sugar Magnolia

Weather Alerts

Postby Sugar Magnolia » Tue May 21, 2013 8:59 am

[link]Oklahoma joins 21 other states with petition for secession from the Union,http://nesaranews.blogspot.com/2013/05/oklahoma-joins-21-other-states-with.html[/link] Tuesday, 21-May-2013 07:55:08

Remember this? If the so-called 'Union' can really produce Harpicanes and artificial tornadoes, how will these and other states get loose while needing emergency funds to help repair themselves. The states that have petitioned the government to secede are as follows: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Nawww, it's just a coincidence that this horror tornado struck and that Texas is still in the worst drought ever, and that Obombya Regime actually sued Arizona which had horror shooting massacre, and Colorado suffered horrific wildfires and theater shooting, etc., etc., and the list goes on.

So how do they explain Sandy Hook? Are they just lagging behind in filing their petition?

TollandRCR

Weather Alerts

Postby TollandRCR » Tue May 21, 2013 9:40 am

[link]KOCO has predictive maps in a slideshow format,http://www.koco.com/weather/-/9845544/20233556/-/11w134d/-/index.html[/link]. This is the prediction for May 21, 2013, 5:00 PM:[imgwidth=640]http://www.koco.com/image/view/-/20233524/medRes/1/-/maxh/358/maxw/538/-/lv47x5/-/M21predictor21-jpg.jpg[/imgwidth]

mimi

Weather Alerts

Postby mimi » Tue May 21, 2013 9:49 am

Oklahoma Tornado Deaths Revised Down to 24, Including 7 Children

By LAUREN EFFRON (@LEffron831) , DEAN SCHABNER, ANTHONY CASTELLANO and CHRISTINA NG (@ChristinaNg27)

May 21, 2013

First responders are in a race against time in the search for any survivors of a devastating tornado that ripped through Moore, Okla., while the medical examiner's office has revised the death toll from 51 to 24, including seven children.

Two elementary schools were in the path of Monday's tornado, which the National Weather Service gave a preliminary rating of at least EF-4, meaning churning wind speeds of up to 200 mph.

Oklahoma City police spokesman Sgt. Gary Knight said some of the victims were from Plaza Towers Elementary School.

Moore Mayor Glenn Lewis and National Guard members told ABC News the search-and-rescue operation at the school is now a body-recovery effort.

more:

[/break1]go.com/US/oklahoma-tornado-deaths-revised-24-including-children/story?id=19222656#.UZt6-squk6I]http://abcnews.go.com/US/oklahoma-torna ... Zt6-squk6I

Emma

Weather Alerts

Postby Emma » Tue May 21, 2013 10:24 am

the medical examiner's office has revised the death toll from 51 to 24

Huh ???

listeme

Weather Alerts

Postby listeme » Tue May 21, 2013 10:27 am

There's still some confusion about what the office is releasing. 24 seems to be confirmed.

Talking Points Memo ‏@TPM 1mSpokeswoman said she believes some victims were counted twice in the early chaos of the storm.

(I don't know which spokesperson that is.)As I said to Verbie, nobody is saying it's a coverup... :-k
Say what you mean.

Emma

Weather Alerts

Postby Emma » Tue May 21, 2013 10:39 am

There's still some confusion about what the office is releasing. 24 seems to be confirmed.

Talking Points Memo ‏@TPM 1mSpokeswoman said she believes some victims were counted twice in the early chaos of the storm.

(I don't know which spokesperson that is.)As I said to Verbie, nobody is saying it's a coverup... :-k

I've seen some comments to articles that this was 'man-made' --- by the Obama administration, of course.

A Legal Lohengrin

Weather Alerts

Postby A Legal Lohengrin » Tue May 21, 2013 10:51 am

I've seen some comments to articles that this was 'man-made' --- by the Obama administration, of course.

If these morons really believed this, wouldn't it be time to surrender and give up and start worshipping Obama? Wouldn't that make him God?

realist

Weather Alerts

Postby realist » Tue May 21, 2013 10:57 am

I knew without a doubt that sort of thing would be posted at drkate's house of batshit craziness and... shur enuf...[/break1]wordpress.com/2013/05/20/monday-open-thread/]http://drkatesview.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... en-thread/

[highlight]heather[/highlight] May 21, 2013 at 5:42 am Moore, Ok is on lock down and the world media descended on that small town like a fly on sh– and were told to leave–they brought in helicopters for hovering while our first responders where trying to find those 40 missing kids and were told they were making to much noise because they couldn’t hear if anyone called out for help under 4 stories of brick and rubble. I mean, that’s just common sense. The media will go to any extreme to take the focus off Obama–who btw–now will speak on tv about this–oh pleeeze–not in my state!I know in 1944 the govt got the military to experiment will WMDs against our own people and its been going on since then–[highlight]this harp and these chemtrails are direct experiments against us plain and simple and I know they have enhanced these tornadoes–common sense[/highlight], so when and where does this crap stop. People need to stand up enough is enough. [highlight]Take notice though that they enhance and create these storms, whether hurricanes, snow storms and/or tornadoes–all natural disasters are now enhanced with these WMDs to change the subject or divert attention away from what these criminals in DC are doing to us and this is not a conspiracy[/highlight]—we have all seen the things they have done since barry has been in–not so much with GWB during his 8 yrs—but [highlight]go back and remember the weather devastations we have had with barry[/highlight].

Walt Tuttle

Weather Alerts

Postby Walt Tuttle » Tue May 21, 2013 11:13 am

Ah yes. Tornadoes. In Tornado Alley. It's the perfect cover story! #-o

Sugar Magnolia

Weather Alerts

Postby Sugar Magnolia » Tue May 21, 2013 11:19 am

And when the same type of catastrophic weather events occur during a Republican term, climate change will suddenly become a "thing" to them.

Addie

Weather Alerts

Postby Addie » Tue May 21, 2013 11:33 am

[link]The Atlantic,http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/05/oklahoma-tornado-fallout-disaster-assistance-weather-detection-spending-cut-in-sequestration/276085/[/link]

Oklahoma Tornado Fallout: Disaster Assistance, Weather Detection Spending Cut in Sequestration

As disaster personnel and volunteers comb through the havoc left by the tornadoes that tore through Oklahoma on Sunday and Monday, they are going to rely on critical federal funding that was severely cut by the massive cuts known as sequestration. ...

And while the president has directed all needed federal assistance in this case, making no mention of sequestration, cuts to the FEMA and other governmental programs could prove tricky in the weeks and months ahead.

Due to the massive cuts brought on by sequestration, the disaster relief section of FEMA's budget will lose $1 billion this year. Following the devastation from Hurricane Sandy earlier this year, FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate said FEMA's Disaster Relief Fund would pay out a total of $10.8 billion to storm victims by the end of the fiscal year. That would leave $2.5 billion in its disaster fund for the rest of the year.

While testifying before Congress in March, he said he had concerns that there would be enough money to help state and local governments that help rebuild damaged infrastructure and public. Sequestration also cut $1.9 billion from transportation repair funding and other disaster programs.

Sequestration didn't just affect disaster relief. It will also cut 7 percent of the budget of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which runs the National Hurricane Center, the National Weather Service and other weather detection programs.

Shut up! We can't hear the mimes! -Jacques Prévert, Les Enfants du Paradis

Sugar Magnolia

Weather Alerts

Postby Sugar Magnolia » Tue May 21, 2013 11:40 am

[link]The Atlantic,http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/05/oklahoma-tornado-fallout-disaster-assistance-weather-detection-spending-cut-in-sequestration/276085/[/link]

Oklahoma Tornado Fallout: Disaster Assistance, Weather Detection Spending Cut in Sequestration

As disaster personnel and volunteers comb through the havoc left by the tornadoes that tore through Oklahoma on Sunday and Monday, they are going to rely on critical federal funding that was severely cut by the massive cuts known as sequestration. ...

And while the president has directed all needed federal assistance in this case, making no mention of sequestration, cuts to the FEMA and other governmental programs could prove tricky in the weeks and months ahead.

Due to the massive cuts brought on by sequestration, the disaster relief section of FEMA's budget will lose $1 billion this year. Following the devastation from Hurricane Sandy earlier this year, FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate said FEMA's Disaster Relief Fund would pay out a total of $10.8 billion to storm victims by the end of the fiscal year. That would leave $2.5 billion in its disaster fund for the rest of the year.

While testifying before Congress in March, he said he had concerns that there would be enough money to help state and local governments that help rebuild damaged infrastructure and public. Sequestration also cut $1.9 billion from transportation repair funding and other disaster programs.

Sequestration didn't just affect disaster relief. It will also cut 7 percent of the budget of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which runs the National Hurricane Center, the National Weather Service and other weather detection programs.

Yabbut....think of all those trailer park dwellers who are nothing but a drain on the economy with all their unreasonable demands of food and shelter and such that will be removed from the dole. Win/win for the Republicans. They cut the deficit AND the budget. What more could you ask for?

mimi

Weather Alerts

Postby mimi » Tue May 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Oklahoma's GOP Senators Find Themselves In Tornado Aid Bind

by

May 21, 2013 2:54 PM

I didn't know this:

A by the Center for Public Integrity found that Texas and Oklahoma "combined for more than a quarter of FEMA's declared disasters since Jan. 1, 2009."

Eleven GOP senators who represent the states with the most FEMA-declared disasters since the start of 2009, according to the study, voted against a bill "designed to keep the agency's disaster relief fund from running out of cash."

[/break1]npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/05/21/185792100/oklahomas-gop-senators-find-themselves-in-tornado-aid-bind]http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... o-aid-bind

kate520

Weather Alerts

Postby kate520 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:48 pm

OK, then. The people of Oklahoma keep electing these guys, they must really want to be left alone by the government. OK, then. They should be left alone.

Emma

Weather Alerts

Postby Emma » Tue May 21, 2013 4:52 pm

OK, then. The people of Oklahoma keep electing these guys, they must really want to be left alone by the government. OK, then. They should be left alone.

They vote like that but know damned well we are not going to allow them to suffer.

BFB

Weather Alerts

Postby BFB » Tue May 21, 2013 4:58 pm

One of Kate's resident Rhodes Scholars, "Heather," who lives in OK chimes in, as only she can:

heather May 21, 2013 at 12:34 pm I just called Senator Whitehouse’s office in DC and told his dippy aide that I am a resident of Ok and we are applauded at his accusation that global warming caused these tornadoes and the devastating one in Moore. This state has tornadoes and if he didn’t know that prior to his most ridiculous and stupid statement then he needs to learn where the global warming is actually coming from—she asked where it was coming from and I spite it out loud and clear for her and whoever was sitting next to her. I simply told her to have him look to Alaska and PR for the US military weather machines called HAARP that heats the ionosphere and the chemtrails that are being sprayed nationwide daily that are used to enhance these storms. Stop blaming global warming on the people, its all being done by their own elite, who have the money and power to use over we the people. All she said was thanks for calling and have a good day–!These are the people that are voted in to represent us? I think my grandchildren have more brains than these idiot morons that have ivy league educations.heather May 21, 2013 at 2:16 pm this is not rocket science–anyone with an iota of common sense can put 2 and 2 together to know these are all manmade. for a week prior to these storms coming thru our warn team showed the west coast where the storms were brewing and being made—telling us they were heading in our direction with massive strength–they knew what was coming, now whether or not they knew they were man made is iffy at best. we did have plenty of warning that the state would be hit……

Volkonski

Weather Alerts

Postby Volkonski » Tue May 21, 2013 5:48 pm

One of Kate's resident Rhodes Scholars, "Heather," who lives in OK chimes in, as only she can:

heather May 21, 2013 at 12:34 pm I just called Senator Whitehouse’s office in DC and told his dippy aide that I am a resident of Ok and we are applauded at his accusation that global warming caused these tornadoes and the devastating one in Moore. This state has tornadoes and if he didn’t know that prior to his most ridiculous and stupid statement then he needs to learn where the global warming is actually coming from—she asked where it was coming from and I spite it out loud and clear for her and whoever was sitting next to her. I simply told her to have him look to Alaska and PR for the US military weather machines called [highlight=#ffff00]HAARP that heats the ionosphere and the chemtrails that are being sprayed nationwide daily that are used to enhance these storms[/highlight]. Stop blaming global warming on the people, its all being done by their own elite, who have the money and power to use over we the people. All she said was thanks for calling and have a good day–!SNIP-------quote]

HAARP has a total power output of 3600 kW (3.6 MW) which is about the same as the power of the solar energy shining on just one largish suburban house lot (say 150 ft x 150 ft in size). That is nothing. A single industrial gas turbine might generate 150 MW (150,000 kW). A large coal-fired electric power plant might produce 2 gigawatts (2000 MW which is 2,000,000 kW). (A tornado's power output is on the order of 40 MW.)Some people really don't have a clue.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Emma

Weather Alerts

Postby Emma » Tue May 21, 2013 5:54 pm

The most alarming part of that post is the confirmation that she has bred.

mimi

Weather Alerts

Postby mimi » Tue May 21, 2013 5:57 pm

HAARP has a total power output of 3600 kW (3.6 MW) which is about the same as the power of the solar energy shining on just one largish suburban house lot (say 150 ft x 150 ft in size). That is nothing. A single industrial gas turbine might generate 150 MW (150,000 kW). A large coal-fired electric power plant might produce 2 gigawatts (2000 MW which is 2,000,000 kW). (A tornado's power output is on the order of 40 MW.)Some people really don't have a clue.

Obot!

mimi

Weather Alerts

Postby mimi » Tue May 21, 2013 6:18 pm

weather truthers. Yep.

Alex Jones Explains How Government "Weather Weapon" Could Have Been Behind Oklahoma Tornado

The Government "Can Create And Steer Groups Of Tornadoes," But Jones Isn't Sure That Happened In Oklahoma

Blog ››› 1 hour and 33 minutes ago ››› BEN DIMIERO & OLIVER WILLIS

Conspiracy theorist radio host Alex Jones explained to his audience today how the government could have been behind the devastating May 20 tornado in Oklahoma.

On the May 21 edition of The Alex Jones Show, a caller asked Jones whether he was planning to cover how government technology may be behind a recent spate of sinkholes. After laying out how insurance companies use weather modification to avoid having to pay ski resorts for lack of snow, Jones said that "of course there's weather weapon stuff going on -- we had floods in Texas like fifteen years ago, killed thirty-something people in one night. Turned out it was the Air Force."

Following a long tangent, Jones returned to the caller's subject. While he explained that "natural tornadoes" do exist and that he's not sure if a government "weather weapon" was involved in the Oklahoma disaster, Jones warned nonetheless that the government "can create and steer groups of tornadoes."

According to Jones, this possibility hinges on whether people spotted helicopters and small aircraft "in and around the clouds, spraying and doing things." He added, "if you saw that, you better bet your bottom dollar they did this, but who knows if they did. You know, that's the thing, we don't know."

more:

[/break1]org/blog/2013/05/21/alex-jones-explains-how-government-weather-weap/194167]http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/05/21 ... eap/194167

steve benen:

Now, I realize that fringe figures are going to share nutty ideas all the time, and it was probably inevitable that some nonsensical allegations about the Oklahoma tornado would pop up. I didn't realize "weather weapons" would be part of the story, but there's probably no reason to be surprised.

This caught my eye, however, because of recent developments -- we've seen Republican officeholders in state legislatures, the U.S. House, and even the U.S. Senate take Alex Jones' ideas seriously. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) intends to run for president -- of the United States -- and he's been a guest on Alex Jones' show.

In other words, the guy raising the specter of Obama using "weather weapons" to kill Oklahomans is the same guy helping influence several Republican policymakers in 2013.

Maybe it's just me, but I find that rather alarming.

[/break1]msnbc.com/_news/2013/05/21/18403447-reaching-the-weather-weapon-stage?lite]http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/ ... stage?lite

I have nothing to add.

Chilidog

Weather Alerts

Postby Chilidog » Tue May 21, 2013 6:56 pm

I hate that man.

Volkonski

Weather Alerts

Postby Volkonski » Tue May 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Obot!

Obot? Moi? :shock: !!!
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

TollandRCR

Weather Alerts

Postby TollandRCR » Tue May 21, 2013 10:07 pm

Accuweather [link]Moore Tornado Makeup: Nature's Fury,http://premiuma.accuweather.com/premium/news-columns.asp?bname=newsstory&id=12950749[/link] May 21, 2013Thunderstorms had been building over Oklahoma for several days. There had been multiple "misfires" of storm systems throughout the spring.

The atmosphere behaved like a giant pressure cooker Monday, containing most thunderstorms until the middle of the afternoon, when the lid came off.Thunderstorms can form as part of the atmospheric process of uneven heating, known as convection. The storms are given extra vigor when temperatures, humidity and winds are within a certain range near the ground and high above.One of the parameters meteorologists use to measure this is called convective available potential energy, or simply CAPE.According to Mike Smith, Chief Innovation Executive of AccuWeather.com Enterprise Solutions, "The CAPE values for Monday were more than double that of what we typically see in severe weather situations."

Emma

Weather Alerts

Postby Emma » Tue May 21, 2013 10:19 pm

before and after :(http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/773041501.gif?1369167034

Return to “► ► Breaking News ◄ ◄”