trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Jim

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Jim »

Gregg wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:44 pm Yeah, I'm a pilot so I know its not just a drive through, but I'm surprised RR doesn't have a facility there. I have friends who work for GE and they have overhaul facilities at every major airport in the USA and many overseas. If they don't have the stuff to fix your engine they have one to swap to keep you flying until your can be repaired wherever it needs to go.
I can think of a couple of places the Trump crime family needs to go...and they won't need a plane.

Maybe that's why it isn't fixed?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I honestly think he doesn't have the money. Or at least the free cash flow.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

I saw some discussion earlier here that, despite raking in the cash for political donations, there are limitations on what he can do with the money. I think legal costs are one. If so, it must be killing tfg that there is all that lovely money just sitting there that he can't touch.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I had wondered why they parked it at that airport as it is not a great storage spot given the weather.

I just realized that there are many foreign governments who park their planes there when they are in New York, such as for UN Assemblies and such. I have seen photos of many middle eastern government planes, among others. Is he trying to have his plane be seen by other countries? I would have thought the government planes would have flown into a closer airport to drop off the dignitary then fly up to park at Stewart so the princes would not see it. I suppose he could be thinking the crew would see it and tell the dignitaries all about Trump's own personal plane.

Just spitballing.
101010 :towel:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Gregg wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:18 pm I honestly think he doesn't have the money. Or at least the free cash flow.
I think he never pays any bill at all until he's received enough collection notices to paper a small house. If the business does not insist to the point of threats, they'll never get a dime.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:59 pm
Gregg wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:18 pm I honestly think he doesn't have the money. Or at least the free cash flow.
I think he never pays any bill at all until he's received enough collection notices to paper a small house. If the business does not insist to the point of threats, they'll never get a dime.
It's worse than that from what I understand. He waits for them to sue him, and then he has lawyers on staff and fights it, claiming whatever BS he can come up with as a reason not to pay, offering to pay companies a dime on a dollar, which then the company unlucky enough to do business with him is pretty much forced to take or face the prospect of a costly lawsuit that he will fight tooth and nail. I don't know why anyone continues to do business with him. Get all the money you expect to get up front, I suppose.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

spiduh wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:12 pm
p0rtia wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:59 pm
It's worse than that from what I understand. He waits for them to sue him, and then he has lawyers on staff and fights it, claiming whatever BS he can come up with as a reason not to pay, offering to pay companies a dime on a dollar, which then the company unlucky enough to do business with him is pretty much forced to take or face the prospect of a costly lawsuit that he will fight tooth and nail. I don't know why anyone continues to do business with him. Get all the money you expect to get up front, I suppose.
:yeahthat:

I should have added the caveat that when he does pay a bill, it's because he thinks it will give him an angle on a future scam.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

While that's the image he lies to portray, the former guy actually settles lawsuits all the time. The problem is that at some point he would have to face the discovery stage, which means he has to provide proof of his wealth, and at that stage he folds.

Remember he had his company taken away from him for 10 years while the banks ran it rationally to get their money out of him.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:26 pm While that's the image he lies to portray, the former guy actually settles lawsuits all the time. The problem is that at some point he would have to face the discovery stage, which means he has to provide proof of his wealth, and at that stage he folds.

Remember he had his company taken away from him for 10 years while the banks ran it rationally to get their money out of him.
He's been involved in over 3,500 lawsuits in the last three decades, I'm sure there's some of both.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

spiduh wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:32 pm
Suranis wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:26 pm While that's the image he lies to portray, the former guy actually settles lawsuits all the time. The problem is that at some point he would have to face the discovery stage, which means he has to provide proof of his wealth, and at that stage he folds.

He's been involved in over 3,500 lawsuits in the last three decades, I'm sure there's some of both.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Some first hand accounts in this article.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... /85297274/
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Exactly. That's often what you have to do to get him to pay up, or desist, or to stop whatever mayhem he is doing.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The Real Story Behind the $25,000 Trump Donation to Pam Bondi
When Trump used his charity to make a donation in 2013, executives claimed they didn’t know the money was going to a political group. Newly unearthed records prove otherwise.

Jose Pagliery
Political Investigations Reporter
Updated Aug. 26, 2021 9:57AM ET Published Aug. 26, 2021 4:55AM ET

It was the personally signed $25,000 check that landed then-presidential candidate Donald Trump in hot water—the check that sparked accusations that he had bribed Florida’s top prosecutor, Pam Bondi, with funds from his charity.

Much has been written about the suspicious timing of Trump’s 2013 gift to the Florida attorney general’s political campaign. But contrary to previous claims from Trump’s presidential campaign and company executives, new records acquired by The Daily Beast show that Trump Organization employees were explicitly told this was a donation to a political group, and emails show that Trump’s own executive assistant had met in person with Bondi’s finance director in New York City.

In its 2018 case against the Trump Foundation, the New York attorney general noted how Trump broke the law by using his charity to fund Bondi’s political group. And the charity was ultimately dissolved after a state judge found Trump had “breached his fiduciary duty” to the charity in other ways, behavior that the AG’s office called a “shocking pattern of illegality.”

The donation occurred just as Bondi was supposed to be considering joining New York’s investigation of the Trump University scam. And Trump himself got off easy. His campaign and foundation executives chalked it up to a mistake. The nonprofit didn’t realize it was a political group, the campaign told The Wall Street Journal. An ignorant company clerk hadn’t known, otherwise “we would have taken it out of [Trump’s] own personal account,” Trump Organization Chief Financial Officer Allen Weisselberg told The Washington Post.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-real- ... i?ref=home
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Hurricane Ida was coming ashore so TFG called into a conservative radio show and was mad that the media was not talking about his "Great Agreement" with the Taliban. What a sad sack who thinks the world must always revolve around him.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-furious- ... -coverage/

Funny thing, the mainstream media he hates also is not covering this story.

:violin:
101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

He is just mad that he cannot fly AF-1 over the area like GWB did and then go and throw paper towls :twisted:
tek

Post by tek »

um, it looks like his "great agreement with the Taliban" wasn't so great.
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

tek wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:31 pm um, it looks like his "great agreement with the Taliban" wasn't so great.
According to him, it was the bestest and most successful agreement ever, in the entire history of the world. It was so good that grown men were coming up to him wherever he went (even on the golf course) and with tears in their eyes said “Thank you, Mr. President. You did what nobody else has been able to do. It was a super intelligent move on your part to release 5,000 Taliban prisoners, based on your deep friendship and compatibility with the Taliban.”

Interestingly, I struggled to remember some of his most common phrases. It’s amazing how quickly he got out of my thoughts and I’m so grateful for that!

Seriously, we know he’s going to claim how perfectly he would have handled an evacuation and he’ll keep yapping about it over and over and over and..........
raison de arizona

Just completely delusional. I really think he's convinced himself, whatta dope.
filly

Post by filly »

So he gets banned but his mouthpiece does not and amplifies his Big Lie. And her tweets get reproduced and posted here and there. So, what's the point ?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I think the fact that he can’t tweet whenever the in(s)anity grabs him probably annoys the crap out of him makes it worthwhile. :mrgreen:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Sunrise wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:40 pm
tek wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:31 pm um, it looks like his "great agreement with the Taliban" wasn't so great.
According to him, it was the bestest and most successful agreement ever, in the entire history of the world. It was so good that grown men were coming up to him wherever he went (even on the golf course) and with tears in their eyes said “Thank you, Mr. President. You did what nobody else has been able to do. It was a super intelligent move on your part to release 5,000 Taliban prisoners, based on your deep friendship and compatibility with the Taliban.”

Interestingly, I struggled to remember some of his most common phrases. It’s amazing how quickly he got out of my thoughts and I’m so grateful for that!

Seriously, we know he’s going to claim how perfectly he would have handled an evacuation and he’ll keep yapping about it over and over and over and..........
Nah. They would have said, "Thank you, Sir." I can remember enough that that was one of his tells for a lie.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

If that is a pic of Charles Manson with Trump it’s gotta be real. Their souls are intertwined.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yeah, I think I saw that at least a year or two ago. Maybe around the time Manson died.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I've always loved the building but flipped it off when Ubering past a couple of years ago. Once it's out of his hands, and thoroughly de-trumped, I think I may spring for a night.

Also, there seems to be a lot of chatter on the twitter machine about trump launching his 2024 campaign already. Lincoln Project has this up. One person said their neighbor just hung a tRUMP'S BACK! flag on their garage, but I can't find anything more substantial.

If I understand correctly, once he's announced, he has much stricter rules on how he can spend his PAC $$ so I don't see the financial incentive to announce two years early. If true, I can only guess he needs to find a way to become relevant again.

Also too, I bet DeSantis is holding his breath. Although his star is darkening due to his covid response, he was #1 for the nom if trump didn't run. But I'm sure he'll be happy to settle for Veep.

My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

"Advanced talks" means he got them on the phone and he is begging them to take his high priced offer, and they are telling him to reduce his asking price or they are going to hang up.

He's going to sell at a loss and claim he made loads of money. It's what he always does.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”