Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Kendra »

#CapitolRiot: David Nicholas Dempsey, 34, of Van Nuys, California, is now facing charging of committing an act of physical violence on Capitol grounds, entering a restricted grounds w/ a dangerous weapon, assaulting police and obstruction of Congress.
@wusa9

@EricFlackTV
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/08/27/ ... itol-riot/
Federal authorities on Thursday arrested a Van Nuys man who is suspected of assaulting police officers during the violent takeover of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, officials said.

Videos from the riot show a man identified by FBI agents as David Nicholas Dempsey, 34, of Van Nuys, swinging and throwing a metal pole and crutches at officers, as well as spraying police with tear gas at the Lower West Terrace entrance of the Capitol building in Washington D.C., authorities said in court documents.

Dempsey, who was arrested at his Van Nuys home after 6 a.m., was charged with use of a dangerous weapon, obstruction of an official proceeding, and civil disorder in addition to assaulting, resisting or impeding certain officers.

Although Dempsey wore several different outfits during the riot, agents, with the help of open source websites like seditionhunters.org, focused on his hair in a low man bun, black shirt, dark helmet, goggles, and an American flag gaiter covering most of his face, authorities said. Investigators also noted a distinct yellow cord bracelet, which he wore in other photos, including images where he flashes a white power hand sign.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

First - Jon Stewart, I will always love you, but this Daily Show team kicks ass

Second, will Mr. James be able to convince the judge that the officer's head kept repeatedly made contact with his fist?
ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:32 pm https://twitter.com/JordanOnRecord/stat ... 2942080003
UPDATE: A judge today ruled that Maj. Christopher Warnagiris *can* still possess firearms while he awaits trial. He is under indictment on 9 counts, including assaulting police and obstruction of an official proceeding. #CapitolRiot
Quote Tweet
That seems... unwise. But I suppose the judge is in possession of better information than I am, so :shrug:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-riot-a ... 654812357/

:snippity:
According to the DOJ's criminal complaint, Brown "was at the front of the crowd of rioters in the tunnel, participating in the pushing action against officers who were attempting to restrict access to the U.S. Capitol through the exterior door to the Lower West Terrace."

"During this time, a Metropolitan Police Department Officer ("Officer Victim 1") was at the front of the line of officers," the complaint states, referring to Hodges. "This officer was being pressed between the crowd of rioters and the line of officers. His gas mask was ripped off by another individual and blood can be seen in his mouth."
:snippity:

#BlackHatSprayer FBI arrests Infowars fan accused of leading charge that led to Capitol cop's injuries #SeditonSprayers
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Busy day today.

ALERT: Feds unseal Jan 6 criminal case against Fairfax, Virginia man

Prosecutors allege Uliyahu Hayah wore gas mask while unlawfully inside Capitol and pushed police near where Ashli Babbitt was shot
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Per the newly filed civil suit from 7 US Capitol Police officers:

"(An officer) took into custody one of the attackers who made it into the Capitol, and recovered a knife, a radio, and several phones. The attacker was also wearing a flak vest"
Regular tourist gear.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ALERT: Another of the Jan 6 defendants being held in the DC jail has filed a motion for release

Kyle Fitzsimons allegedly wore butcher coat and charged at police line (he pleaded not guilty)

His argument, among other things, directs blame at some political leaders...

(MORE)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

#AllGreenGuy Robert Flynt Fairchild, Jr, https://justice.gov/opa/case-multi-defe ... 1/download
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:42 pm
ALERT: Another of the Jan 6 defendants being held in the DC jail has filed a motion for release

Kyle Fitzsimons allegedly wore butcher coat and charged at police line (he pleaded not guilty)

His argument, among other things, directs blame at some political leaders...

(MORE)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we need to keep that MF locked up. He don't look right.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

Looks like the crazy dude in Braveheart.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Republican Jim Jordan had more than one phone call with Trump during the Jan. 6 insurrection.

After lawmakers were evacuated to a safe room, Jordan was joined by Matt Gaetz for a call during which they implored Trump to tell his supporters to stand down.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Kendra wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:38 pm
Republican Jim Jordan had more than one phone call with Trump during the Jan. 6 insurrection.

After lawmakers were evacuated to a safe room, Jordan was joined by Matt Gaetz for a call during which they implored Trump to tell his supporters to stand down.
Damn pieces of shit. Gaetz made a big show on the floor of the House saying these terrorists couldn't possibly be MAGA, they had to be Antifa, all the while knowing he'd begged his orange messiah to call off his supporters.
ImageImageImage x4
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

In the Gym and Gaetz world, truth is a fluid thing, as are facts. It depends on the audience.
101010 :towel:
filly

Post by filly »

I've seen elsewhere that there is some question about Pierce actually having COVID. He's been a vocal opponent of vaccines, masks, etc.

We've talked about this guy before. He repped Rittenhouse for a short time and does not appear to be competent to represent anybody on more than a traffic ticket.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

How long before Biden is accused of poisoning him?
ImageImageImage x4
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:39 pm
n new court filing, accused OathKeeper conspirator Joshua James argues he didn't assault police on Jan 6

James argues he "squeezed past" police & became "enmeshed" .. and was trying to help officer

And made "incidental" contact with police

(more)
What’s next? Matt Gaetz saying “I didn’t rape that girl… I was squeezing past her and became enmeshed?!!” :roll:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

One takeaway from Jim Jordan and Matt Gaetz calling and begging Trump to tell the rioters to stand down on Jan 6 is that they apparently believed Trump had full control over Antifa.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/30/politics ... index.html
(CNN)The House Select Committee investigating the deadly January 6 riot is set to request that a group of telecommunications companies preserve the phone records of a group of GOP members of Congress and former President Donald Trump, as well as members of the Trump family, who played some role in the "Stop the Steal" rally that served as the prelude to the Capitol insurrection.

The records request is the first step in the committee's investigatory process and could signal the direction they plan to go when they call witnesses.
It is unclear what means the committee will use to compel the telecommunications companies to cooperate with their request. The committee does have subpoena power, but requesting the information -- especially from members of Congress -- could lead to a lengthy legal battle.
The committee decided against making public the names of the lawmakers whose records they are targeting, three sources told CNN. But multiple sources familiar with the committee's work have confirmed for CNN at least part of list including many of the members of Congress included in the request.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:rotflmao:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

MORE: Hayah is in jail pending hearing in DC court in Jan 6 case on Wednesday

Feds allege Hayah wore gas mask into Capitol Jan 6, was near site of Ashli Babbit shooting and "joined the confrontation by putting his hands on" police
Seems touristy.
tencats

Post by tencats »

Fired tech CEO from Inverness pleads guilty in US Capitol siege on Jan. 6
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/bre ... 7#nws=true
Chicago Tribune |
Aug 31, 2021 at 9:51 AM

A suburban tech CEO who lost his job after being charged with various offenses related to the Jan. 6 siege of the U.S. Capitol has become the first Illinoisan to be found guilty for his part in the riot.

Bradley Rukstales, 53, of Inverness, pleaded guilty in federal court Tuesday to willfully and knowingly parading, demonstrating and picketing inside the Capitol. The offense carries a maximum penalty of 6 months imprisonment and a $5,000 fine.

Rukstales was president and CEO of the Schaumburg-based tech company Cogensia. It placed him on leave the day he was charged with violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds, and a day later it fired him, saying his actions were inconsistent with the company’s core values.

Rukstales said in a written statement at the time that he followed others into the Capitol to see what was happening, and that he regretted his participation.

“Without qualification and as a peaceful and law-abiding citizen, I condemn the violence and destruction that took place,” he wrote. “It was the single worst personal decision of my life; I have no excuse for my actions and wish that I could take them back.”

Prosecutor Susan Lehr described a chaotic scene in which Rukstales was among a group of rioters who confronted police in the Capitol’s crypt, a circular room beneath the rotunda. She said Rukstales tossed a chair toward officers, though they were in no danger of being struck by it.

When Rukstales refused commands to leave, she said, an officer brought him to the ground, dragged him behind a police line and arrested him.

Rukstales told Judge Carl Nichols that he wasn’t trying to hit anyone with the object.

“I was very careful when I threw the chair that no one was in striking distance,” he said.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

filly wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:11 am
We've talked about this guy before. He repped Rittenhouse for a short time and does not appear to be competent to represent anybody on more than a traffic ticket.
Knowing this guy, he may end up arguing it into a death penalty case...

I'll come in again... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

“I was very careful when I threw the chair that no one was in striking distance,” he said.
Works every time.
► Show Spoiler
ImageImageImage x4
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

NY Times has a story on Pierce.

Go-to Lawyer for Capitol Riot Defendants Disappears
The mysterious disappearance of the lawyer John Pierce began last Tuesday, prosecutors say, when he missed a hearing for one of the many cases where he is representing a defendant in the Capitol riot investigation. The young associate who took his place said that Mr. Pierce had a “conflict.” At the time, no one seemed to give it much mind.

But in the days that followed, Mr. Pierce — who is defending more cases connected to the riot than any other lawyer — missed additional hearings and the reasons for his absence started changing.

On Wednesday, his associate told a judge in one case that Mr. Pierce had gotten Covid-19 and was in the hospital on a ventilator — but only after telling a prosecutor in another case that Mr. Pierce had been in a car accident. That same evening, a different associate told a reporter that Mr. Pierce had in fact been hospitalized, but was getting care for “dehydration and exhaustion.”

Finally, on Monday — after Mr. Pierce had still failed to emerge — the government got involved. Federal prosecutors issued letters to several judges in 17 Capitol riot cases, informing them that no one in the Justice Department had heard from Mr. Pierce in a week and that “multiple” phone numbers for his law firm appeared to have been disconnected.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/31/nyre ... =url-share

ETA: I found this but particularly interesting:
While the government has not yet weighed in on the merits on his claims, prosecutors did express concern in their letters filed on Monday about the young associate, Ryan Joseph Marshall, who has been standing in for Mr. Pierce at the hearings he missed.

For one thing, Mr. Marshall is not a licensed lawyer, prosecutors said, and has taken actions on behalf of clients “that he is not permitted” to take. Moreover, they went on, it remains unclear if and when Mr. Marshall will be able to get his law license given that he is under indictment in two criminal cases accusing him of corruption, theft and fraud in Pennsylvania.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Only the best people.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:39 pm NY Times has a story on Pierce.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/31/nyre ... =url-share
Only the best people...

I found this quote from attorney Pierce to be potentially even more delusional than some of Lin Wood's messianic ramblings:
“I’m like Gerard Butler in ‘300,’” Mr. Pierce said in an interview before dropping out of sight, comparing himself to the action star who played a Spartan king. “I’m in the hot gates at Thermopylae, holding the pass against the million-man Persian army.”
Sure sounds like you've fled with the cash, rather than holding the pass, moron.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”