Mike Lindell's Election Shenanigans, FrankSpeech and #MyPillow #FAILS - 6/28/61 Cancer / Ox

neeneko

Re: Mike Lindell's Frank & MyStore & 'Cyber Symposium' & Other #FAILS - FrankSpeech

Post by neeneko »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:34 pm I doubt hacking laws come into play here. The duplicating was done with assistance of the person having custody of the devices and provided the password.
I am not so sure. Social engineering hacks are common, involve no actual 'hacking', and have been prosecuted.
bob

Re: Mike Lindell's Frank & MyStore & 'Cyber Symposium' & Other #FAILS - FrankSpeech

Post by bob »

Yeah: "Unauthorized access" includes access by generally authorized people for an unauthorized purpose.

But there's an argument that, as the clerk (aka the Big Boss), she could always authorize herself for any purpose. Ditto with authorizing access to otherwise non-authorized people (like Q, Spyder, etc.).

(It isn't a great argument; it is an argument.)
Image ImageImage
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

bob wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:10 pm Yeah: "Unauthorized access" includes access by generally authorized people for an unauthorized purpose.

But there's an argument that, as the clerk (aka the Big Boss), she could always authorize herself for any purpose. Ditto with authorizing access to otherwise non-authorized people (like Q, Spyder, etc.).

Maybe Squidney level, but I doubt state law and the SoS grant that kind of latitude.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

In any case, if Lindell or any of his followers get hauled into an interrogation room with the FBI, I hope they bring a change of underwear.

These posers are wimps and cowards. They are living in a fantasy world the they have created in their heads.

Reality is going to be a cold, hard bed to wake up on. And the "Mypillow" is going to be filled with concrete.
Last edited by Foggy on Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: speling/grammer
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

David Clements spoke at Lindell's cyber symposium.

bob

Post by bob »

I'm a little surprised by this. Obviously, Clements found out after fucking around. But academic freedom and all that. (I guess this means he wasn't tenured.)
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'd suspect there's more to it than just speaking at Cyberpalooza.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
much ado

Post by much ado »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:13 pm I'd suspect there's more to it than just speaking at Cyberpalooza.
Yes, that's awfully fast for an academic institution to take that kind of action.
bob

Post by bob »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:13 pm I'd suspect there's more to it than just speaking at Cyberpalooza.
IIRC, Clements has been speaking out against the election since, well, the election. So no doubt there's been a steady drumbeat in the faculty lunchroom.

And he was baned from (mainstream) social media a while ago. But he did say that his classes were just taken from him, as in, he was teaching until very recently.

(BTW, still listed as an assistant professor.)

But, hey!, more time to grift with KrisAnne Hall! :thumbsup:
Image ImageImage
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:10 pm Yeah: "Unauthorized access" includes access by generally authorized people for an unauthorized purpose.

I'm not so sure that she could do that.

IANAL and I don't know Colorado law regarding this sort of thing, but I recently retired from a county IT position in Ohio. There are Ohio statutes that govern, to some extent, what can and can't be done with county owned computers. I think that this is especially true with computers involved in the election process.

No county official has the authority to give permission to do something that is prohibited by state law.

For example, our department, at one time, operated the county computer system that allowed Sheriff deputies to use a laptop computer in their patrol car to run license plates check for outstanding warrants, etc. This computer system was linked to the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and the FBI's NCIC system. Just to be allowed in the room with these servers, one had to take a security class and be certified. In the class, it was stressed that, even if one had legitimate access to the system, using it for improper purposes could have dire consequences. The example was given of a police office who looked up the new boyfriend of a female acquaintance; just a sort of informal "background check", even though the boyfriend was not under investigation or involved in any crime. As a sworn officer, he was authorized to use the system. He lost his job because of this.

The point is, I seriously doubt that even the Clerk of Courts, who oversees the voter rolls in her county, could legally authorize the disclosure of the contents of critical voting system computers, in violation of state law. If there WAS a legitimate reason for disclosing such data, there are almost certainly rules governing who it can be given to, and how it must be safeguarded. It sure doesn't sound like she had a legitimate purpose in disclosing it and it doesn't appear that it was handled properly.

So, no, I don't think that she could say "I'm the boss and I said its okay, so its okay".
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

noblepa wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:35 pm

IANAL and I don't know Colorado law regarding this sort of thing, but I recently retired from a county IT position in Ohio. There are Ohio statutes that govern, to some extent, what can and can't be done with county owned computers. I think that this is especially true with computers involved in the election process.

No county official has the authority to give permission to do something that is prohibited by state law.

For example, our department, at one time, operated the county computer system that allowed Sheriff deputies to use a laptop computer in their patrol car to run license plates check for outstanding warrants, etc. This computer system was linked to the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and the FBI's NCIC system. Just to be allowed in the room with these servers, one had to take a security class and be certified. In the class, it was stressed that, even if one had legitimate access to the system, using it for improper purposes could have dire consequences. The example was given of a police office who looked up the new boyfriend of a female acquaintance; just a sort of informal "background check", even though the boyfriend was not under investigation or involved in any crime. As a sworn officer, he was authorized to use the system. He lost his job because of this.

The point is, I seriously doubt that even the Clerk of Courts, who oversees the voter rolls in her county, could legally authorize the disclosure of the contents of critical voting system computers, in violation of state law. If there WAS a legitimate reason for disclosing such data, there are almost certainly rules governing who it can be given to, and how it must be safeguarded. It sure doesn't sound like she had a legitimate purpose in disclosing it and it doesn't appear that it was handled properly.

So, no, I don't think that she could say "I'm the boss and I said its okay, so its okay".
She could say that, and might. She would just be wrong, but why should that stop her?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Chilidog wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:14 pm In any case, if Lindell or any of his followers get hauled into an interigation room with the FBI, I hope they bring a change of underwear.

These posers are wimps and cowards. They are living in a fantasy world the they have created in their heads.

Reality is going to be a cold, hard bed to wake up on. And the "Mypillow" is going to be filled with concrete.
If When Lindell gets hauled into an interigation room with the FBI, he's gonna need more than a change of underwear.

He will most likely pop an aorta, and will need a whole ICU.

Here's hoping that happens in Florida and he gets triaged out.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
keith

Post by keith »

Notaperson wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:34 pm David Clements spoke at Lindell's cyber symposium.

Can I have that 46 seconds back please?
keith

Post by keith »

noblepa wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:35 pm

I second your experience.

I was a Systems Programmer at a city in Arizona. The system I was in 'charge' of included the network interface from our Police Department (that ran on different hardware platform) to NCIC. The pressure was on every time we went down for any reason. There were exactly two unscheduled down times on my 'watch' that I can remember. EDIT: that computer system also counted ballots for every other election. We traded duty with the County.

One was a bored graveyard operator, finished with the nights work, managed to 'trip on a chair and fall onto the control panel and punch the emergency off button' (the emergency off button was not a button, it was a lever that you had to PULL out of the machine quite some distance). The Police hierarchy was in the Director's Office at 9:00 for an explanation.

The second is more difficult to be sure of what exactly happened. It appear that a Auditor's job didn't get cleaned up entirely, and it 'may' have corrupted an executable or a job file or something that caused a vital bit of operating system disk files to be written over. It was easily repaired but not until the entire system had crashed in the middle of the afternoon. Two minutes after I sat down to start figuring out what I had to do to get it up again, the Director was in my ear with "what's going on". Me: "I dunno yet". Him: "when will you know". Me: "I dunno, do you want me to fix it or talk to you about it?"

The Director later apologized and admitted he was out of line. He always seemed to walk on eggshells around me after that, he was a bit of a bully at the best of times, and if somebody stood up to him he didn't quite know how to handle it.

Another time, I thought I was going to get fired for doing my job, but ended up getting an official commendation. Before I was a Systems Programmer, I was a lowly 'super-programmer'. My desk was next to the emergency exit which went up a flight of stairs just next to the Council Chambers door. One day a group of 'suits' came walking down the stairs and I "had" to confront them. One guy claimed to be the 'Assistant City Manager' giving a tour to some dignitaries. I told him to go back up the stairs and come to the Computer Department front door, this is a restricted area. He spluttered and smiled and dissembled, but when I didn't back down he realized he was being embarrassed in front of his dignitaries, shifted gears to "a security check and I passed' and he left the way he came.

Two days later I was called into the Directors office, and there was this Assistant City Manager and I thought, OK, I'm gone. Instead, the ACM apologized to me and handed me a short note from the actual City Manager and the Mayor thanking me. Apparently he had indeed complained to his boss about me in the presence of the Mayor and they had received a bit of counseling from them.

So no, authority over function so you can do your job does NOT authorize you break the law.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Cool stories.
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Even in some manufacturing IT security generally takes priority. Working in maintenance I typically had access anywhere in the plant. Not server rooms, in a couple places. We were installing a Liebert clean power supply in the early 90’s and were in and out frequently ( e.g. running conduit, laying cables under raised floor). We had to have IT present all the time. Another time in a different facility a Liebert evaporator failed for the room conditioning. Spun bearing completely destroyed the fan shaft. No quick fix, we had to set up fans and leave the door open. In addition security guards we stationed at the door until a shaft could be fabricated. That was the only room my badge wouldn’t let me in.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Running a bit far afield at this point, but my dad ran the computers for our state police when I was a kid and they had the entire basement of the headquarters building. The elevator only went down to the basement with a key or bypass from the receptionist, exactly one well-fortified exterior door for deliveries that remained locked, and no windows. Even some random interior hallways and offices within the basement were locked. Years later, as a dispatcher with several different departments, it was drilled into us to NEVER run a name or tag number without a reason. If an officer wanted to run a tag, he had to be called out at a specific location with a vehicle description.

And y'all can thank my dad for some of the security rules for the NCIC system. He was one of the original developers of it.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Good job :oldman:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Back on topic. Sort of

OAN v. Fox war is heating up.

Now Mike Lindell is involved.
OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 7:27 PM PT – Saturday, August 21, 2021

Mike Lindell took the stage to speak to the crowd at President Trump’s most recent rally in Cullman, Alabama. Lindell began his brief speech with a shout-out to OAN, while blasting Fox News for attacking his claims of election fraud.

He claimed if Fox News would hop on board, “we would have Donald Trump back in office this fall.” The MyPillow CEO added how he’s noticed people in politics either have a political or personal agenda.

Lindell urged voters who have seen fraud to share their stories with him, adding he would even hire their lawyers. Trump also offered Lindell his own shout-out, commending him for his love for America.
https://www.oann.com/mike-lindell-slams ... ica-rally/
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Great story, Sugar! :thumbsup:

Heard this part, how dare politicians have a political agenda? :lol: What?
he’s noticed people in politics either have a political or personal agenda.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Notaperson wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:34 pm David Clements spoke at Lindell's cyber symposium.

This makes me so happy.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hey, please remind me to stop looking at these GiveSendGos... Clements raised $56K in ONE DAY for being fired. Rewarded for being a lying idiot. Fundraiser was created by the vile. Joe Oltmann. What a great message to be sending young people (or any people for that matter). Grrrrrr.

Goal : $500,000
Raised : $56,092
https://givesendgo.com/ProfessorDavidClements

The Professor's Record, [23.08.21 18:56]
There is no scenario in my mind where the American People don't win back their Republic.

The question is one of timing.

If we drag our feet and act like feckless cowards, it will take forever.

However, if we all acted as if the Republic existed this very moment, with a government comprised of public servants, we would have our Republic back immediately.

I'm not a King, but can you imagine a servant coming into a King's castle and treating him the way we are treated by our public servants?

What would happen to those servants?

True sovereignty starts with God, and those that are His image bearers.

Walk in that reality and it will become your reality.

Live as a slave, and all you will know is slavery.

The Professor's Record, [23.08.21 23:21]
[Forwarded from Joe Oltmann (Joe Oltmann)]
Alright… stop and read this. Professor David Clements is fighting a battle most can only imagine. I can not only imagine it, I am living it, and it takes an enormous amount out of you. It takes courage, it takes stamina and it takes an enormous amount of faith. David has all of those things.

This is a request to support him, if you can. Grateful for all of you.

The Professor's Record, [23.08.21 23:30]
My dear friend Joe Oltmann set up a givesendgo account for me. He told me I needed to share it with my channel. Everything in me wants you all to support our prisoners at the Prisoners record instead, but until I find another job, I don't have a way to take care of my family without help. It's humbling .... but thank you for your support. I won't stop fighting for you, and I'm looking for work!

The Professor's Record, [23.08.21 23:47]

The Professor's Record, [23.08.21 23:49]
Alright. You all have officially made the professor cry.
Bonus (from Telegram so take it with that)

Tammrae, [23.08.21 19:27]
[In reply to US Audit Watch]
BREAKING NEWS: County Clerk Tina Peters of Mesa County, CO called in to Lindell TV this evening. A second employee has been removed from her office, and the county intends to sign a new contract with Dominion tomorrow that extends through 2029.

Denver Post about Tina:
Editorial: Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters and the latest “Big Lie” saga
By THE DENVER POST EDITORIAL BOARD |
August 23, 2021 at 1:42 p.m.

The saga of Mesa County Clerk and Recorder Tina Peters dove this week from an obvious case of gross incompetence into the realm of absolute absurdity. Peters is now in “hiding” from the FBI with Mike Lindell, the CEO of My Pillow, who told VICE News her life was in danger. How on earth did we get to this point? We started following Peters’ career – she took office in 2018 – when it was reported that 574 ballots from the fall 2019 election had been found months after the election in a dropbox just outside her office. Peters refused to petition a judge to count the ballots and had the gall to blame the mistake on elderly election volunteers. The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel’s editorial board called for Peters to resign in February 2020.

When she refused, a group of Republicans, Democrats and independent voters began a process to ask voters to get Peters out of office, but the effort fell about 1,300 signatures short of the roughly 12,000 needed by the August 2020 deadline to initiate a recall election. During the process, however, it became clear that the Clerk and Recorder’s office was badly mismanaged. The county office had stopped helping local municipalities with their elections despite a long tradition of doing so, and the Daily Sentinel reported that month that 80% of the office’s staff had turned over, including high-level officials. Peters, a Republican, held on to her office, and now it appears she may have abused her position in a bizarre attempt to prove the 2020 presidential election was stolen from former President Donald Trump.

Secretary of State Jena Griswold, a Democrat, said an investigation has shown that Peters, a man named Gerald Wood, and another clerk employee copied Election Division hard drives. Security cameras in the room were disabled, and images of passwords were later posted online. Because of the security breach, Griswold had to decertify the voting software and hardware in Mesa County and new equipment will have to be brought in. Peters then went to Mike Lindell’s symposium in South Dakota last week where she broadly claimed the election was conducted improperly but didn’t add any specifics. Lindell had promised he would bring proof that the election was stolen from Trump to the event, but instead, he made rambling speeches. Data — that may have come from Mesa County voting machines – was presented on a big screen at the conference, but it certainly didn’t prove election fraud.

The good news is that Peters won’t be overseeing the next election because Griswold has the authority to strip that power from her. We hope the election is overseen by former Secretary of State Wayne Williams and former clerk Sheila Reiner, a duo that would bring confidence to voters in Mesa County, who rightfully are feeling a bit unsure about the office tasked with overseeing their ballots. Here at the end of this entertaining saga, we’d like to just remind readers that all of this is occurring because the former president of the United States used the power of his office to convince ordinary people that an election software company stole the election from him. He convinced Americans, without presenting any evidence, that the greatest fraud in history had been perpetrated against him. It is that lie that brought us this malfeasance and bizarre behavior.
https://www.denverpost.com/2021/08/23/m ... e-lindell/

"From a deli owner, that's a rave"
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
LM K

Post by LM K »

I figured out why Clements is not teaching this semester.

Clements is an anti-masker and anti-vaxxer. NMSU has a mask mandate.

Clements went off about masks and vax in his class. I recommend watching the video at the link.

Law Professor REFUSES to MASK UP or get the JAB
Class began August 18, 2021. Welcome to my class. Approximately forty students gathered in their masks upon order of the governor and my university. During the lecture, many students unmasked and breathed the air, but many others were paralyzed with fear. Others, like good little gestapo, fled the class as quickly as they could to report me to my superiors.

This all ends when we say no.
In the video, Clements says he won't mask, he won't vax, and he won't be tested for covid.

Then he takes things even further. He tells students that he's not going to enforce the campus mask mandate in his classroom. A student comes in late and asks if she has to wear a mask. Clements says no.

Then he goes even further and starts spouting antivax shit.

And then ... he tries to persuade students to not get vaxed.

10% of his students leave class.

Clements did tell students that he's happy to post all lectures online if his students don't like his classroom mask policies.

The video at the link was taken on Aug 18. Clements posted the video on Thur, Aug 19. Clements was fired Mon, Aug, 23.

A student wrote about Clements mask bullshit on Sun, Aug 22.
Mr. Clements is unprofessional and has no respect for the safety of students in his class. COVID 19 is real and has affected many families across the world. Mr. Clements gave a lecture on his point of view and defiance on the policies NMSU has implemented (Google will show you many videos of his lecture in his class and many podcasts he has done)
Clements wanted to be fired. This was theater to him. He played himself as the noble professor falling on his sharp pencil to protect his students.

Clements fucked up a good deal. He's been at NMSU for only 3 years. Now he needs to find another teaching gig. But no one is hiring full time faculty right now and they won't be for some time. (It was hard to find full time positions before the pandemic.)

The video is worth watching.

ETA: I just checked the class schedule for the business law dept. Clements name has been replaced with "TBD". Clements was one of two professors in the department. The university is going to have an incredibly hard time finding adjust professors. If they can find anyone.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Clements has now raised $99,213.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Grifter must grift

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”