trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
bob

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by bob »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:58 am What bad things did Kurson do while engaged by the former administration that required him to get a pardon? Or was it just Jared Kushner who believed his buddy needs some whitewashing?
Kurson (a friend of Kushner) had been charged with federal crimes related to his terrorizing those whom he perceived were helping his ex-wife divorce him. He received a pardon on January 20.

Now New York is filing state charges essentially based on the same conduct.

Kurson presumably will argue in state court his federal pardon also shields him from the state's investigation and prosecution, but this likely will not succeed.

Kurson can still invoke his 5th Amendment privilege against self-incrimination for all matters related to the state charges.
Image ImageImage
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
filly

Post by filly »

$50 the Dotard already got his booster.
slq

Post by slq »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:24 am Question around a presidential pardon:

Is it correct that a pardon does not prevent an AG from investigating the circumstances of wrongdoing? Does a pardoned person need to participate (in an issue he is the potential acused)? How much can a person of interest duck answering "I take the 5th"? How far will a law suit get thru, I guess it will fail at the Motion To Dismiss? Can a judge ignore or discard the presented pardon at this point (case goes up thru the appeal steps)?
This is the Manhattan DA prosecuting for the City, not federal. The federal pardon has no effect on city or state prosecutions. It pardons only federal crimes.
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

slq wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:06 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:24 am Question around a presidential pardon:

Is it correct that a pardon does not prevent an AG from investigating the circumstances of wrongdoing? Does a pardoned person need to participate (in an issue he is the potential accused)? How much can a person of interest duck answering "I take the 5th"? How far will a lawsuit get thru, I guess it will fail at the Motion To Dismiss? Can a judge ignore or discard the presented pardon at this point (case goes up thru the appeal steps)?
This is the Manhattan DA prosecuting for the City, not federal. The federal pardon has no effect on city or state prosecutions. It pardons only federal crimes.
There was an earlier discussion about some states having laws that basically considered prosecuting someone for a state law who was acquitted/pardoned of a federal conviction for the same offense to be double jeopardy. I don't remember if NY was one of these states.

That said, if I am understanding correctly, the person here was pardoned before any conviction or even a trial. In that case, I would not see it as double jeopardy since he never was actually prosecuted for the federal crime.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I don't recall where I read it, but someone somewhere on a day in a month in a year suggested that he was originally prosecuted for "terrorizing people he thought were impeding his efforts to divorce his wife," in other words, people who supported his wife.

And that would be a different crime than hacking her phone so he could spy on whatever she did on it. Because, you see, different set of victims. And really, different criminal conduct than that for which he was originally prosecuted.

But I don't have a link.

:gotalink:

No, I don't.

So I'll just drop this in as quintuple hearsay cheese on a statute of frauds biscuit.

No need to thank me, I do it for the children. :smoking:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bob

Post by bob »

Because Foogy is No Fun: E.D.N.Y. (in October): Individual Charged with Cyberstalking Three Victims:
Defendant Kenneth Kurson’s Alleged Harassment of His Victims Involved Repeated Visits to Their Workplace, Filing False Complaints with their Employer and Malicious Cyber Activity

A criminal complaint was unsealed today in federal court in Brooklyn charging Kenneth Kurson, also known as “Jayden Wagner” and “Eddie Train,” with stalking and harassing three individuals.

As alleged in the complaint, between approximately November 2015 and December 2015, Kurson engaged in a pattern of stalking and harassment against three victims. As part of this pattern, Kurson used multiple aliases to file false complaints about two of the victims with their employer, post false negative reviews about one victim’s professional conduct on crowd-sourced review websites and made unsolicited contact with two of the victims. Kurson traveled on multiple occasions to the workplace of two of the victims, taking photographs and inquiring about one victim’s work schedule. During the investigation, the FBI gathered evidence that Kurson simultaneously engaged in a similar pattern of harassment against two other individuals. As a result of Kurson’s conduct, an employer of two of the victims hired a security guard.

“Kurson is alleged to have engaged in a disturbing pattern of retaliatory harassment that intimidated and alarmed several victims and their employer,” stated Acting United States Attorney DuCharme. “This Office is committed to protecting victims from malicious cyberstalking activity and apprehending criminals who try to rely on Internet anonymity to facilitate their crimes.”

“As alleged, Kurson bullied his victims by attacking their character online and attempted to intimidate them by showing up at their place of employment without a valid reason. The shadows of cyberspace may have provided him with some cover, but once his identity was revealed, he no longer had the benefit of a virtual retreat,” stated FBI Assistant Director-in-Charge Sweeney.
The (since pardoned) federal charges:
In or about and between November 2015 and December 2015, both dates being approximate and inclusive, within the Eastern District of New York and elsewhere, the defendant KENNETH KURSON, also known as “Jayden Wagner” and “Eddie Train,” with the intent to harass, intimidate and place under surveillance with intent to harass and intimidate, did knowingly and intentionally use the mail, an interactive computer service, an electronic communication service, an electronic communication system of interstate commerce and a facility of interstate commerce to engage in a course of conduct that caused, attempted to cause and would be reasonably expected to cause substantial emotional distress to one or more individuals, to wit: Individual No. 1, Individual No. 2 and Individual No. 3. (Title 18, United States Code, Section 2261A(2)(B) and 2261(b)(5).)
I.e., criminal harassment of his ex-'s supporters. Cf. the (pending) state charges:
1 PL 156.10(1): Computer Trespass
2 PL 250.05: Eavesdropping

At the times and places described below in the County and State of New York, the defendant, without authorization, knowingly used a computer or computer service with an intent to commit and further the commission of a felony; the defendant unlawfully engaged in wiretapping or mechanical overhearing of a conversation, or intercepting an electronic communication.
I.e., installed keystroke software on his ex-'s computer.
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

What a dick.

:yankyank:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Lansdowne

Post by Lansdowne »

Gregg wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:18 am What a dick.
The pardonee or the pardoner ?
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Yes!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Eddie Train????? That's just an embarrassing fake ID. "That right there", as Larry the Cable Guy would say, should have been a tipoff to the police. What say ye, sugar?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:52 am Eddie Train????? That's just an embarrassing fake ID. "That right there", as Larry the Cable Guy would say, should have been a tipoff to the police. What say ye, sugar?
I had to look that one up. My grandbaby is only 6 months old!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol:

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Carp! I'd forgotten he's having a Super Spreader rally tonight in an Alabama town that has already declared a covid emergency secondary to zero ICU beds in the state.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... y-1214952/
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:18 am Carp! I'd forgotten he's having a Super Spreader rally tonight in an Alabama town that has already declared a covid emergency secondary to zero ICU beds in the state.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... y-1214952/
They're already lining up.

WTF is up with the rainbow mouse ears though?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Great! I see brick-wall suit man is there.

Let Darwin sort them out.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Please post links to any reporters live tweeting here.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I note that the guy in the background thinks he's at a rehearsal for Pyramus and Thisbe.

:smoking:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The Cullman Alabama Trump rally happening today has penned up his supporters in livestock cages.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Waiting 8 hours to see a liar and a loser ? :stars:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

An email sent by Mike Lindell’s video hosting platform this morning says the pillow CEO will speak at Trump’s rally in Alabama tonight.

Lindell is fresh off his “cyber symposium” conspiracy conference that promised proof China hacked the election and ultimately delivered nothing
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm not sure that song would be PC anymore, but I hate what he did to it. :mad:

I think I loved the music more than the words, anyway. Boucny tune.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Will Lindell now finally declare the 45th the new 46th :?:

Just asking for a friend.

P.S. has the Secret Service been informed that they need to get the Navy One out of the shed?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”