Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

crossposting
Gov. Ron DeSantis’ Office: State Education Board Could Withhold Salaries Of Superintendents, School Board Members Who Implement Mask Mandates

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/08/09/r ... -mandates/
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Governor who? I tuned into FoxNews and it was all aboot a "showdown" between Biden and DeSantis. Excuse me? One of them is President, and the other is the governor of the state that's brings us Florida Man. And gaters. I resent them being put on equal footing, although it is clear why they are doing it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
filly

Post by filly »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:56 pm crossposting
Gov. Ron DeSantis’ Office: State Education Board Could Withhold Salaries Of Superintendents, School Board Members Who Implement Mask Mandates

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/08/09/r ... -mandates/
And if the teachers don’t show up for jobs they are not paid for?
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Charlie Crist just posted in response to "Dont Fauci my Florida". Don't DeSantis my Grandparents.
Delarin
Verified: ❌ This is not the Delarin you're looking for.

Post by Delarin »

Ron DeSantis = Lawn Darts of the 2020s.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Heres what seems weird to me. This creep made vaccines available to wealthy folk and big donors early on while making light of the seriousness of the pandemic. He got vaccinated. He made hundreds of thousands of ordinary people wait months, waiting in lines for vaccines. Now, after publicly not encouraging vaccines, he screeches about masks and besmirches Dr. Fauci. 0penly mocking him with merchandise. The Covid rates are devastating hospital workers, children are becoming victims of the disease and still...STILL, he doubles down.

I thought I despised Cruz. But Desantis is a fucking monster.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://twitter.com/imillhiser/status/1 ... 5151596552
Ian Millhiser@imillhiser
So I have a story about one of the greatest villains of our time. It begins, as so many tales of evil and wingnuttery do, in the Fox News greenroom.

I was booked for an 10:20pm segment. The guest in the segment before mine was a Republican member of Congress.
1:45 AM · Aug 12, 2021

The way that cable news typically works is there's a makeup room right next to the greenroom. Shortly before your segment, they slather makeup on your face. Then, when your segment is over, you go back to the makeup room to get some wipes to remove it all.

So the congressman does his segment before mine -- again, this was a late night segment -- when he's almost done I get shuffled into the studio. I do a maybe 6-7 minute segment with the host and a conservative guest. Then I get back to the makeup room around 10:30.

When I get there, the congressman is in the middle of the makeup room, ranting about some bizarre conspiracy theory involving Hillary Clinton and Russia (I think), and he's going on about how Jim Jordan is about to uncover it all.

He's not really talking to anyone in particular.

The poor makeup artists are just trying to do their job as this unhinged man is just standing there ranting. They just sort of walk around him when they have to. He doesn't really engage with them. He just rants.

If he wasn't wearing a suit and a Member of Congress pin, I would've assumed he was just some random person with a very serious mental illness who had somehow gotten past Fox's security and then set himself up, street preacher-style, in the first room he found with people in it.

Anyways, I spend a minute or two removing the makeup from my face. And he's still there, ranting. I duck into the bathroom to take a dump. When I'm done, he's still there, ranting.

Again, this is a member of Congress, and he has nothing better to do on a random weeknight.

Friends, the unhinged man, who was ranting in the general direction of the makeup ladies at 10:40pm on a weeknight, was Ron DeSantis.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

So I have a story about one of the greatest villains of our time. It begins, as so many tales of evil and wingnuttery do, in the Fox News greenroom.

I was booked for an 10:20pm segment. The guest in the segment before mine was a Republican member of Congress.
Read the thread to the end to find out who the "member of Congress" is.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Here it is.
Attachments
237362450_10226922341947531_9133372023432243846_n.jpg
237362450_10226922341947531_9133372023432243846_n.jpg (19.76 KiB) Viewed 2962 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That's really scary, and even maybe a little surprising. I know he's nuts, but I didn't think that was necessarily true literally.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Life on Earth 2 does not understand or expect logic
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:07 am Here it is.
change approved.png
change approved.png (39.68 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Kendra wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:05 am Read the thread to the end to find out who the "member of Congress" is.
Or, maybe the post above that one.

Maybe if I mime it...
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Suranis wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:44 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:05 am Read the thread to the end to find out who the "member of Congress" is.
Or, maybe the post above that one.

Maybe if I mime it...
Oopsie, I didn't see that. My bad :bag: :oopsy:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Those numbers don’t seem right to me, but I don’t doubt there is a big disparity.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:44 am
Those numbers don’t seem right to me, but I don’t doubt there is a big disparity.
Why is only one nurse wearing a mask in the photo? The nurses are in fucking Florida!

9 people standing shoulder to shoulder and only one is masked.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Domenico

Post by Domenico »

LM K wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:08 am
Why is only one nurse wearing a mask in the photo? The nurses are in fucking Florida!

9 people standing shoulder to shoulder and only one is masked.
Her covid test came back positive?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

So Gov. DeathSentence not only wants to kill half the residents, he also wants to bankrupt the State while doing so?

Makes perfect sense. The fewer people, the less money the State needs to function. Do I have that right?
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Suranis wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:38 am Well, it is my opinion that if people really wanted to stop it, it would have been stopped. Whether they just don't want to grasp that nettle while they deal with other stuff, or want to promote an armed society, all sides are willing to leave it alone, and accept a certain number of deaths.

But, its just my opinion.
So, lumping all Americans together is OK, but lumping all Catholics together isn’t? Got it.

Do I even have to propose the logical extension of what you said about Americans and guns, i.e. that “if Catholics really wanted to stop pedophilia in the Church, it would have been stopped?” That for Catholics in general there is an acceptable number of molested children?

Note: rhetorical exercise only. That is not, in fact, my opinion.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

:bored:

The CC has instituted reforms to deal with child safety. Its also apologized a zillion times and commissioned reports on how extensive the problem lies, and dioceses have been driven to bankrupcy by the cost of lawsuits.

36000 people die every year, 100s of thousands of people are injured, and you all wring your hands and say nothing can be done. Not to mention try and deflect away by starting stupid internet arguments.

Totally the same, bad analogy man from the greatest country in the world. (sarcasm)
Hic sunt dracones
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

roadscholar wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:59 am Do I even have to propose the logical extension of what you said about Americans and guns, i.e. that “if Catholics really wanted to stop pedophilia in the Church, it would have been stopped?” That for Catholics in general there is an acceptable number of molested children?

Note: rhetorical exercise only. That is not, in fact, my opinion.
Well, there is lumping and there is aggregation. In a very real way, both of the statements are true. If americans wanted to stop the virus, they could. If catholics wanted to stop pedophilia in the church, they could, but only if you abstract the collective power and priorities of the people within the group. The people in charge are just people, they require the support of the people below them, and those people require the support of those below them. Groups of people act on the sum of their priorities and needs.. the final value does not represent any one invididual or all individuals within the group, but it DOES represent the pressure (or lack there of) they exert on their leadership.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:35 am So Gov. DeathSentence not only wants to kill half the residents, he also wants to bankrupt the State while doing so?

Makes perfect sense. The fewer people, the less money the State needs to function. Do I have that right?
DeSanctus worked hard to make sure that his corporate buddies in Fla (cf. Publix), rather than the departments of health and other local agencies got the right to distribute vaccines--and thus got the reimbursement bucks that went with them.

So my off the cuff guess is that he's found another way to shovel relief money to another set of corporate buddies, though I freely admit I don't know who at this point (hence off the cuff).

It's his pattern. Sort of like TFG's pattern of shoveling gov't money to his own properties and the business of people he wanted in his debt.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Suranis wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:33 am :bored:

The CC has instituted reforms to deal with child safety. Its also apologized a zillion times and commissioned reports on how extensive the problem lies, and dioceses have been driven to bankrupcy by the cost of lawsuits.

36000 people die every year, 100s of thousands of people are injured, and you all wring your hands and say nothing can be done. Not to mention try and deflect away by starting stupid internet arguments.

Totally the same, bad analogy man from the greatest country in the world. (sarcasm)
I guess you missed the part where I said that it was not actually my opinion.

Both issues are far too gnarly to succumb to easy solutions. “You could have done something about the gun violence” is easy to say. But it’s extremely insulting to the millions of us who have tried for decades to do so.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The CC scandals exploded in the early 90s. The Catholics have been dealing with this for decades too. You wanna change to centuries to gain internet Penis girth?

Don't sit there and sneer at people who are putting their house in order when you cant put your own house in order.

As Portia said, if the American people wanted the situation fixed, it would be. If politicians wanted to deal with the political blowback and grasp the nettle, it would be dealt with. They don't, or simply don't want to enough to accept the damage it would deal them.

You don't want to change the gun laws so they are not changed. If saying that shows a side to you country you don't want to see, then too bad. Its a side you have to accept and deal with or you will have Turnip Mark 2 on your ass.

And it is your opinion. Becasue you sure as fuck haven't any facts to back you up, apart from pretending its still 1992 in order to get me angry. You, as a country, haven't even managed to do this - "Vatican laws changed to toughen sexual abuse punishment" https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57318959

Instead you are passing laws to make child abuse easier. Oh sorry, I mean carrying guns.

I promised I wouldn't get baited into another stupid shouting match by people who cant deal with their own hatreds, so that's all I'm saying. We are done.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”