Sore Losers and meltdowns

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:23 pm

(US Department of Defense, Defense Security Service, 16 November 2012)[link]DSS Notice Regarding Secession Petitions,http://www.dss.mil/about_dss/news/20121116.html[/link]"DSS personnel have recently received questions from security personnel at cleared contractors about whether contractors should file adverse information reports pursuant to NISPOM paragraph 1-302 regarding cleared persons who sign petitions to allow a state to withdraw or secede from the United States.It also appears that erroneous statements have been made to the effect that DSS is directing contractors to treat the signing of such petitions as reportable adverse information.Please note that DSS has not provided any approved direction or guidance. DSS is not directing any contractor to file adverse information reports regarding persons who have signed secession or withdrawal petitions. This issue is under review and DSS will provide information to contractors when that review is complete."

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:27 pm

Mickey and Minnie had better watch out. They might find themselves losing their defense contracts and security clearances.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:39 pm

Say, has anyone heard anything about secession lately? Anyone? Bueller? :bored: =)) =))

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:08 am

Say, has anyone heard anything about secession lately? Anyone? Bueller? :bored: =)) =))Yep PPP did a poll and found about 25% of registered republicans want their state to secede.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:20 am

We're big, big fans of Dick Morris, he has many of Orly's notorious qualities. He'd be a wonderful partner for her. Dick and his partner Eileen’s new book is, HERE COME THE BLACK HELICOPTERS! While no one wants to hear him, that won't stop him, God love him -- he posts a Lunchtime video on his website, [/break1]dickmorris.com/]http://www.dickmorris.com/Of course, I imagine you're already watching "Coffee with Haley," the daily video former Gov. Haley Barbour of Mississippi posts on his site, [/break1]coffeewithhaley.com/]http://www.coffeewithhaley.com/ --> This is a classic, complete with the stopping the UN from controlling outer space and denying Obama any cooperation:A Six-Point Action Agenda! Dick Morris TV: Lunch Alert!November 30, 2012In this video commentary, I discuss what we must do to preserve our country. Tune in![/break1]dickmorris.com/a-six-point-action-agenda-dick-morris-tv-lunch-alert/]http://www.dickmorris.com/a-six-point-a ... nch-alert/Other highlights are Save The Internet From The UN! Dick Morris TV: Lunch Alert!December 3, 2012In this video commentary, I discuss how we need to save the internet from being taken over by the United Nations. Tune in!Don’t Be Sad…We Will Win! Dick Morris TV: Lunch Alert!November 29, 2012In this video commentary, I discuss how Obama’s economic policies will lead to his doom…and our victory. Tune in![/break1]dickmorris.com/dont-be-sad-we-will-win-dick-morris-tv-lunch-alert/]http://www.dickmorris.com/dont-be-sad-w ... nch-alert/How Lincoln Freed The Slaves! Dick Morris TV: History Video!November 24, 2012In this History video commentary, I discuss the process by which Lincoln freed the slaves. Tune in! (sponsored by Newsmax Media’s Aftershock Survival Summit)[/break1]dickmorris.com/how-lincoln-freed-the-slaves-dick-morris-tv-history-video/]http://www.dickmorris.com/how-lincoln-f ... ory-video/and :shock: How The Christian Right Spawned Feminism And Women’s Suffrage! Dick Morris TV: History Video!December 1, 2012In this History video commentary, I discuss how the evolution of the feminist movement and women’s suffrage was a Conservative Republican initiative. Tune in![/break1]dickmorris.com/how-the-christian-right-spawned-feminism-and-womens-suffrage-dick-morris-tv-history-video/]http://www.dickmorris.com/how-the-chris ... ory-video/Dick will bring you up to date on what you need to know and how you should think about it. And his wardrobe is fabulous. Thanks Dick!Could "Cocktails with Orly" be next? She really should do a daily video like Dick and Haley.

Avatar Photo: Cindy Hyde-Smith, Racist Mississippi Senator took this photo during a 2014 visit to the Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library. "Mississippi history at its best!" Hyde-Smith exclaimed.

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:36 pm

[link]Public Policy Polling,http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main ... -well.html[/link]

Republicans not handling election results well

PPP's first post election national poll finds that Republicans are taking the results pretty hard...and also declining in numbers.

49% of GOP voters nationally say they think that ACORN stole the election for President Obama. We found that 52% of Republicans thought that ACORN stole the 2008 election for Obama, so this is a modest decline, but perhaps smaller than might have been expected given that ACORN doesn't exist anymore.

Some GOP voters are so unhappy with the outcome that they no longer care to be a part of the United States. 25% of Republicans say they would like their state to secede from the union compared to 56% who want to stay and 19% who aren't sure.

One reason that such a high percentage of Republicans are holding what could be seen as extreme views is that their numbers are declining. Our final poll before the election, which hit the final outcome almost on the head, found 39% of voters identifying themselves as Democrats and 37% as Republicans. Since the election we've seen a 5 point increase in Democratic identification to 44%, and a 5 point decrease in Republican identification to 32%.

¡Sterngard! come home.

poutine

Post by poutine » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:50 pm

This passage within your quote is going to be totally underappreciated:49% of GOP voters nationally say they think that ACORN stole the election for President Obama. We found that 52% of Republicans thought that ACORN stole the 2008 election for Obama, so this is a modest decline, but perhaps smaller than might have been expected given that ACORN doesn't exist anymore. :lol: =))

Shagnastie

Post by Shagnastie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:16 pm

This passage within your quote is going to be totally underappreciated:49% of GOP voters nationally say they think that ACORN stole the election for President Obama. We found that 52% of Republicans thought that ACORN stole the 2008 election for Obama, so this is a modest decline, but perhaps smaller than might have been expected given that ACORN doesn't exist anymore. :lol: =))In order to understand this, just replace the "Acorn" reference with what much of the Republican leadership has been saying since the election ... "inner city voters". If the leadership is this dumb and this deep in denial, imagine what's going through the minds of Repub prols. :dazed:

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:19 pm

Well, shaggie, :-bd they've been repeating the lies for so long now, they've begun to believe them, themselves. Athough we still don't.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:46 pm

[link]Public Policy Polling,http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main ... -well.html[/link]

One reason that such a high percentage of Republicans are holding what could be seen as extreme views is that their numbers are declining. Our final poll before the election, which hit the final outcome almost on the head, found 39% of voters identifying themselves as Democrats and 37% as Republicans. Since the election we've seen a 5 point increase in Democratic identification to 44%, and a 5 point decrease in Republican identification to 32%.I suspect one of the factors in play here is the well-known tendency of people to want to be part of the winning team. Groups gain and lose supporters as they gain and lose battles and influence. The more wins and clout they have, the more people wanna be on their side. With two consecutive Presidential wins, Democrats are starting to look less ineffectual and loser-ish and more like the team to beat. Which means more players and more fans want to be on the winning team.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:42 pm

One reason that such a high percentage of Republicans are holding what could be seen as extreme views is that their numbers are declining. Our final poll before the election, which hit the final outcome almost on the head, found 39% of voters identifying themselves as Democrats and 37% as Republicans. Since the election we've seen a 5 point increase in Democratic identification to 44%, and a 5 point decrease in Republican identification to 32%.I suspect one of the factors in play here is the well-known tendency of people to want to be part of the winning team. Groups gain and lose supporters as they gain and lose battles and influence. The more wins and clout they have, the more people wanna be on their side. With two consecutive Presidential wins, Democrats are starting to look less ineffectual and loser-ish and more like the team to beat. Which means more players and more fans want to be on the winning team.That would certainly explain the number of Saints fans a couple of years ago.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:39 am

Just got this email from Vern Shotwell, hate hope springs eternal:

Check out the discussion 'Here's a Happy Thought: Obama could still LOSE!'

Discussion posted by Carol Williams on December 5, 2012 at 2:33pm in Tea Party Nation Forum:

The election isn’t over - Obama could still lose …. IF WE THE PEOPLE ARE DILIGENT! Here’s the thing….

The Electoral College doesn’t cast their ballots until December 17th. Of the Electors there are 134 designated ‘Republican’ and “unfettered”, spread over 13 states. Those 134 are free to vote as they see fit. What’s more, they have a sworn duty to vote only for a legally qualified candidate. In short, they have some deliberating to do in making their decision.

That ‘deliberating’ may well entail ‘information gathering’ to finally resolve to their own satisfaction the ongoing question of whether both candidates are indeed constitutionally qualified. If such a request for information were to, let’s say, hold up the Electoral proceedings the vote would be thrown into the House of Representatives for determination. Need I remind anyone here that in the House the Republicans hold a majority?More at the Discussion link: [/break1]teapartynation.com/forum/topic/show?id=3355873%3ATopic%3A2350098&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic]http://www.teapartynation.com/forum/top ... hare_topic

Here's a Happy Thought: Obama could still LOSE!

Here's Carol Williams of Florida (photo is in her public post)

http://api.ning.com/files/miHdJz3BMHy*9 ... crop=1%3A1

Avatar Photo: Cindy Hyde-Smith, Racist Mississippi Senator took this photo during a 2014 visit to the Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library. "Mississippi history at its best!" Hyde-Smith exclaimed.

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:12 am

If he gets fired, it will be Obama's fault. :roll:

[link]KRDO,http://www.krdo.com/news/Obama-supporte ... index.html[/link]

Obama supporters fear their rent will rise after manager makes threats

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - A Colorado Springs apartment manager threatens to raise the rent of anyone who voted to re-elect President Barack Obama.

John Obringer sent out a letter to his tenants at the Casa Adobe Apartments on Wednesday. The letter was addressing cutbacks on staff and maintenance issues.

"Due to the stupidity of the U.S. electorate, the Obama-administration's continued assault on small business is resulting in increased taxes, regulations and mandates that are forcing the management company (B&J Enterprises, Inc.) for Casa Adobe Apartments to modify its operation to survive. This has resulted in layoffs, work-time reductions and decreased pay for workers. Consequently, the business hours are now Monday and Tuesday from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Please plan accordingly ... We are working hard to maintain the field, cleaning and maintenance personnel in place without raising rents, but that too is inevitable due to the upcoming inflation and market forces," writes Obringer.

"If you have any questions, comments or criticisms, please call me. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and Happy Holidays to you and yours," continues Obringer.

Then he added, "BTW: If you voted "Democrat" on Nov. 6, please notify me ASAP so I can raise your rent first to help pay for what you asked for."

¡Sterngard! come home.

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:43 am

Stupid headline. Idiot makes threats would be better.And it is the idiot who is now fearing the consequences of his idiocy.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:49 am

I noticed this morning that the jobless rate is now at its lowest since 2008. And to think Mitt isn't even president yet.

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

poutine

Post by poutine » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:14 am

From the comments to the article, it's not clear whether he's truly just an "apartment manager" or the actual owner. It sounds like he's the owner, so unfortunately he may not be fireable. I chalk this up as just another nutjob blowing off steam. No legal action warranted here. Basically what he's telling his tenants is: "Goddamit, I'm a Republican and I'm pissed off about this election going to a Democrat!" That's not actionable. It's something that happens every 4 years all across America.

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:20 am

From the comments to the article, it's not clear whether he's truly just an "apartment manager" or the actual owner. It sounds like he's the owner, so unfortunately he may not be fireable. I chalk this up as just another nutjob blowing off steam. No legal action warranted here. Basically what he's telling his tenants is: "Goddamit, I'm a Republican and I'm pissed off about this election going to a Democrat!" That's not actionable. It's something that happens every 4 years all across America.Except that anyone who lives in the domain of this freak has to live in fear for the next however many years. Or, if they've already had bad run-ins with this dick, they may just sue him for whatever other reason they have to sue him. I know I would, and it would have nothing to do with his statements. I'd just sue the piece of shit for whatever other illegal shit he was already doing.

poutine

Post by poutine » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:30 am

Agree that he's a piece of shit. And if he's a slumlord as someone's accused him of in the comments, there are probably plenty of causes of action on which to properly sue him.Still, being allowed to sue someone just for being a loud-mouthed and unapologetic proponent of a political belief would probably require us to start a Fogbow Defense Fund (and that Soros thread wouldn't be a funny; it would be real).

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:40 am

Still, being allowed to sue someone just for being a loud-mouthed and unapologetic proponent of a political belief would probably require us to start a Fogbow Defense Fund (and that Soros thread wouldn't be a funny; it would be real).Perhaps. It's entirely possible that despite being a complete piece of shit in his political views, he is otherwise an extraordinarily kind person whose only vice is that he pets kittens too often.I'd make a wild guess, though, that a piece of shit like this does other rotten things, and that someone is in a position to sue him for them. And I'd chuckle a bit if they did, especially if they won.Just a wild guess.

Joseph Robidoux III

Post by Joseph Robidoux III » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:14 am

Newt Gingrich says he would have done better against Pres Obama than Rmoney did.

"I think either [Texas Gov. Rick] Perry or I would have probably done better [against Obama]," said the former speaker, exhibiting a bit of his trademark braggadocio.The he admits maybe he wouldn't have done so.

"f Obama had pounded on my weaknesses as intensely as Romney, who knows what would have happened. So I don't want to be arrogant and say I would have done better," said Gingrich.

[/break1]huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/20/newt-gingrich-mitt-romney_n_2337895.html?1356016381]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/2 ... 1356016381Since when has Gingrich cared if he was arrogant or not?

ObjectiveDoubter

Post by ObjectiveDoubter » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:31 pm

Say, has anyone heard anything about secession lately? Anyone? Bueller? :bored: =)) =))Yep PPP did a poll and found about 25% of registered republicans want their state to secede.WH official response to Louisiana Succession petition:

Thank you for using the White House's online petitions platform to participate in your government.

In a nation of 300 million people -- each with their own set of deeply-held beliefs -- democracy can be noisy and controversial. And that's a good thing. Free and open debate is what makes this country work, and many people around the world risk their lives every day for the liberties we often take for granted.

But as much as we value a healthy debate, we don't let that debate tear us apart.

Our founding fathers established the Constitution of the United States "in order to form a more perfect union" through the hard and frustrating but necessary work of self-government. They enshrined in that document the right to change our national government through the power of the ballot -- a right that generations of Americans have fought to secure for all. But they did not provide a right to walk away from it. As President Abraham Lincoln explained in his first inaugural address in 1861, "in contemplation of universal law and of the Constitution the Union of these States is perpetual." In the years that followed, more than 600,000 Americans died in a long and bloody civil war that vindicated the principle that the Constitution establishes a permanent union between the States. And shortly after the Civil War ended, the Supreme Court confirmed that "[t]he Constitution, in all its provisions, looks to an indestructible Union composed of indestructible States."

Although the founders established a perpetual union, they also provided for a government that is, as President Lincoln would later describe it, "of the people, by the people, and for the people" -- all of the people. Participation in, and engagement with, government is the cornerstone of our democracy. And because every American who wants to participate deserves a government that is accessible and responsive, the Obama Administration has created a host of new tools and channels to connect concerned citizens with White House. In fact, one of the most exciting aspects of the We the People platform is a chance to engage directly with our most outspoken critics.

So let's be clear: No one disputes that our country faces big challenges, and the recent election followed a vigorous debate about how they should be addressed. As President Obama said the night he won re-election, "We may have battled fiercely, but it's only because we love this country deeply and we care so strongly about its future."

Whether it's figuring out how to strengthen our economy, reduce our deficit in a responsible way, or protect our country, we will need to work together -- and hear from one another -- in order to find the best way to move forward. I hope you'll take a few minutes to learn more about the President's ideas and share more of your own.What distinguishes us from the Birthers -- we don't accuse those who disagree, of treason. I like this response a lot.

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:23 pm

float-lefthttp://media2.abc15.com//photo/2012/11/12/Holly_Solomon_20121112112436_320_240.JPG[/img]

Woman Blames Husband for Obama’s Reelection, Runs Him Over with Her Jeep

Update:

Daniel Solomon (the victim) told police his wife is six months pregnant. :shock:

Boy, I bet he wishes he'd voted now! She taught him a valuable lesson about participating in a democracy, huh? :-

Holly Solomon apparently believed her family was going to face

hardship as a result of President Barack Obama's re-election.

She was right, too. Hardship:

[*:1p3o13qy]Husband in ICU, he had "life-threatening" injuries. Even if they have health insurance, he's not going to be working for a long, long time. How will he make payments on his mortgage or his rent? Where's the Jeep she bopped him with, in storage? If you don't go pay to get it out, eventually they just keep the car to pay for the storage fees. He'll come out of the hospital using a cane, barely able to walk, with no car and no home.

[*:1p3o13qy]Wife will be incarcerated for a long, long time. There's nobody to bail her out and give her a chance to head for Mexico, where they don't have a black president. Her earning capacity goes down significantly, in prison. How to throw your whole life away in 5 minutes. He may even divorce her if he ever gets any money again, so she'll be on her own when she gets out of prison. A fresh start on life!

[*:1p3o13qy]Baby will be born while she's in jail. They don't let you raise your baby, in jail. They're not set up for it. They'll take you to the hospital under guard; deliver the baby; take you back to jail and put the baby in the custody of Child Protective Services for foster care, until such time as Dad can make enough income to support them both. Thanks, Mom.

But note: baby didn't vote either. Bad baby.

Boy, if those aren't hardships, I don't know what is. She nailed it on predicting hardship for her fambly!

And my money is on medical bills well above anything he wil be able to pay so he's probably facing medical bankruptcy and the majority of the costs will fall back on "the taxpayers" as they are so fond of saying. Not to mention the fact she'll probably have a court appointed attorney and of course, the taxpayers also foot the bill for the birth and the costs of state custody for the child.

So um, how's that Republican mind-set of self reliance under all circumstances working out for you, honey? Let's come back in five years and see if her opinion of government hand outs and entitlements has changed any.

float-lefthttp://media2.abc15.com//photo/2012/11/12/Holly_Solomon_20121112112436_320_240.JPG[/img]

Woman Blames Husband for Obama’s Reelection, Runs Him Over with Her Jeep

Update:

Daniel Solomon (the victim) told police his wife is six months pregnant. :shock:

Boy, I bet he wishes he'd voted now! She taught him a valuable lesson about participating in a democracy, huh? :-

Holly Solomon apparently believed her family was going to face

hardship as a result of President Barack Obama's re-election.

She was right, too. Hardship:

[*:1p3o13qy]Husband in ICU, he had "life-threatening" injuries. Even if they have health insurance, he's not going to be working for a long, long time. How will he make payments on his mortgage or his rent? Where's the Jeep she bopped him with, in storage? If you don't go pay to get it out, eventually they just keep the car to pay for the storage fees. He'll come out of the hospital using a cane, barely able to walk, with no car and no home.

[*:1p3o13qy]Wife will be incarcerated for a long, long time. There's nobody to bail her out and give her a chance to head for Mexico, where they don't have a black president. Her earning capacity goes down significantly, in prison. How to throw your whole life away in 5 minutes. He may even divorce her if he ever gets any money again, so she'll be on her own when she gets out of prison. A fresh start on life!

[*:1p3o13qy]Baby will be born while she's in jail. They don't let you raise your baby, in jail. They're not set up for it. They'll take you to the hospital under guard; deliver the baby; take you back to jail and put the baby in the custody of Child Protective Services for foster care, until such time as Dad can make enough income to support them both. Thanks, Mom.

But note: baby didn't vote either. Bad baby.

Boy, if those aren't hardships, I don't know what is. She nailed it on predicting hardship for her fambly!

And my money is on medical bills well above anything he wil be able to pay so he's probably facing medical bankruptcy and the majority of the costs will fall back on "the taxpayers" as they are so fond of saying. Not to mention the fact she'll probably have a court appointed attorney and of course, the taxpayers also foot the bill for the birth and the costs of state custody for the child.

So um, how's that Republican mind-set of self reliance under all circumstances working out for you, honey? Let's come back in five years and see if her opinion of government hand outs and entitlements has changed any.

UPDATE:

She pleaded guilty.

Woman pleads guilty to running over husband for not voting

PHOENIX (AP) - An Arizona woman accused of running over her husband with an SUV because he didn't vote in the 2012 presidential election has pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated assault.

Holly Nicole Solomon of Mesa had a change-of-plea hearing Tuesday. Her sentencing is scheduled for May 21.

more:

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/28861417 ... not-voting

I bet she gets probation.

Family Liberty Patriot

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:29 pm

So say he'd voted for Mitt. In Arizona. Which Mitt won anyway.This incident can be laid at the feet of ignorance of how the goddamn Electoral College works.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

Return to “Presidential Election”