Hijack this thread

kate520

Hijack this thread

Postby kate520 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:13 pm

Just don't go thinking the pendulum is swinging too far back

Pendulums swinging in the same sentence as nudists...yikes, :dontwanttolook: the mental image.

BFB

Hijack this thread

Postby BFB » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody ....

ZekeB

Hijack this thread

Postby ZekeB » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:43 pm

Do you mean to tell me that Palin is a mandatory reporting point?

listeme

Hijack this thread

Postby listeme » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:35 pm

I said all this stuff earlier about how I'm thankful a couple of my kids are in Ohio taking dinner to their friend. But right now I miss them and I take it all back :(( Hmph.
Say what you mean.

kate520

Hijack this thread

Postby kate520 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:36 pm

:hug: :hug:

TollandRCR

Hijack this thread

Postby TollandRCR » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:54 pm

Good book, good movie: Life of Pi. We saw it in 3D, which I recommend. It did not hurt to have the Pacific pounding away a few blocks over. Beautiful movie. Ang Lee is a genius.

Which of the stories do you prefer?

Sterngard Friegen

Hijack this thread

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:58 pm

Are you on the Left Coast, Tollie? FEMA Camp 17 is open and taking distinguished visitors.

TollandRCR

Hijack this thread

Postby TollandRCR » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:36 pm

Are you on the Left Coast, Tollie? FEMA Camp 17 is open and taking distinguished visitors.

I am on the Left Coast, up in Yachats, OR. I have to return to the wilds of Connecticut on Friday, but I do appreciate the invitation. I have to be back in class on Monday. A friend lives out here to take care of her mother, a native of the coast, so I've been coming out for Thanksgiving. The weather here has been amazing, with horizontal rain on Monday and yesterday two hailstorms lasting about one minute each. We just have hurricanes and Nor'easters, which are easier to deal with. There are supposed to be three cougars in the hills up near my friend's house, so a warning to bring in children and pets went out.

GreatGrey

Hijack this thread

Postby GreatGrey » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:30 pm

Do you mean to tell me that Palin is a mandatory reporting point?

No, it's just a RNAV waypoint, not mandatory.

LM K

Hijack this thread

Postby LM K » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:56 pm

I am on the Left Coast, up in Yachats, OR. I have to return to the wilds of Connecticut on Friday, but I do appreciate the invitation. I have to be back in class on Monday. A friend lives out here to take care of her mother, a native of the coast, so I've been coming out for Thanksgiving. The weather here has been amazing, with horizontal rain on Monday and yesterday two hailstorms lasting about one minute each. We just have hurricanes and Nor'easters, which are easier to deal with. There are supposed to be three cougars in the hills up near my friend's house, so a warning to bring in children and pets went out.

Has the house floated away yet?? :shock: :shock: :shock: We've has some amazing rain, and I know that the storm was much worse where you are! Just what you wanted on your trip to the coast! (But the coast is so amazing in the storms.)[sekrit]We've had a few cougar sightings ... on campus. :dontwanttolook:[/sekrit]

Estiveo

Hijack this thread

Postby Estiveo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:31 am

O Hai! How y'all doin? It's oh-dark-thirty here where I am. I'd LOVE to be in bed, asleep, choirs of angels singing me to my rest. But my mom keeps waking up every half hour or so, getting dressed and turning on every light she can get to before I stop her, get her back into her nightgown and into bed.For the record, I'm mean to her and she's really not happy that I keep making her go back to bed.I would like to take this time to mention that I am less than impressed with the new anti-depressant mom started taking tonight, the one that's supposed to also knck her out.AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!![edit]Edit to add the aitch[/edit]
"Holy f**k, Ted Cruz's voice sounds like every straight man's ex-wife." --The Rude Pundit

Litlebritdifrnt2

Hijack this thread

Postby Litlebritdifrnt2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:53 pm

esseff44

Hijack this thread

Postby esseff44 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:00 pm

Hey gang, meet Flossie[/break1]com/]http://crittersbybritty.com/ :D

Hi, Flossie and Itty, bitty kittehs, too. Flossie looks like a Bossie to me. :lol:

MaineSkeptic

Hijack this thread

Postby MaineSkeptic » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:00 pm

Hey gang, meet Flossie[/break1]com/]http://crittersbybritty.com/ :D

Oh, Britty, how beautiful! Congratulations and many years of happiness with your new pal.As you may know. Mrs. Skeptic and I got a new puppy (9 weeks ago today, but who's counting!) and we're well aware of the joys (and other experiences!) that you can look forward to.Now, in case you want to see pics of Xena, there are a few on No Catz or Katez!...

Sequoia32

Hijack this thread

Postby Sequoia32 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Awww, what a cute puppy! Love those kittehs too. \ :D /
So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

kate520

Hijack this thread

Postby kate520 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:45 pm

Baby boxers are the cutest things evar! I also have a serious case of kitten envy.Good job,husband.

listeme

Hijack this thread

Postby listeme » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Oh my gosh. I shouldn't have clicked on the picture.I have a chronic case of puppy fever and I get flareups really easy :((
Say what you mean.

Suranis

Hijack this thread

Postby Suranis » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:22 pm

Well, it never rains but it poars. In this case more appropriate than normal.Basiclly, Remember the kidney stone from last month? Well the other kidney felt left out and is thinking "I can do better then that!" so not is this kidney in pain (though not nearly as intense as the last one), its now turning my urine a healthy red colour! Its always nice to see the good signs of internal bleeding. So yes, I'm on my way to hospital tomorrow, for lots of fun sitting in A&E again. And this time for something genuinely and potentially life threatening! Woohoo! What fun.So I'll probably talk to you all next week sometime.
Have you tried the Internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it.

Addie

Hijack this thread

Postby Addie » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:26 pm

Feel better soon, Suranis.
Shut up! We can't hear the mimes! -Jacques Prévert, Les Enfants du Paradis

Highlands

Hijack this thread

Postby Highlands » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:32 pm

I would like to take this time to mention that I am less than impressed with the new anti-depressant mom started taking tonight, the one that's supposed to also knck her out.

Not sure which anti-depressant mom is taking, but some patients find that the SSRIs, like Prozac and Zoloft, cause insomnia instead of tiredness. Tricyclic antidepressants, such as amitriptyline, are really effective for sleep, but they can be easily overdosed on, so you have to watch that. Trazadone is good for sleep as well.
If you took out all of the blood vessels in your body and lined them up, you would be dead. #science

kate520

Hijack this thread

Postby kate520 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Suranis :hug: take good care. This year is almost over.

TollandRCR

Hijack this thread

Postby TollandRCR » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:00 am

Best of luck, Suranis. Next year just has to be better.

Sterngard Friegen

Hijack this thread

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:22 am

Good luck, Suranis. I hope you don't have a 3rd kidney.

Estiveo

Hijack this thread

Postby Estiveo » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:19 am

I would like to take this time to mention that I am less than impressed with the new anti-depressant mom started taking tonight, the one that's supposed to also knck her out.

Not sure which anti-depressant mom is taking, but some patients find that the SSRIs, like Prozac and Zoloft, cause insomnia instead of tiredness. Tricyclic antidepressants, such as amitriptyline, are really effective for sleep, but they can be easily overdosed on, so you have to watch that. Trazadone is good for sleep as well.

Celexa is the new one, lexapro the old. I'm familiar with the lexapro since I used to take it. OCD, y'know; want me to count something for you over and over again? Tough, I don't do that anymore. [-( Cognitive therapy combined with drug therapy would appear to have benefits.Anyway, night two, tonight, she's down for the count. I am less unimpressed at this time.
"Holy f**k, Ted Cruz's voice sounds like every straight man's ex-wife." --The Rude Pundit

Return to “The Lounge”