Indiana ballot challenge (smackdown for Orly)

MsDaisy

Postby MsDaisy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:46 pm

I'm assuming that the Stinky Russian emailed this oh-so-reasonable request to Judge Reid, for consideration at the judge's convenience.

Didn't Judge Reid order both parties not to email her?

Sayin'.

The header says "Via fax and Federal Express" so it doesn't look like she emailed it.

Mikedunford

Postby Mikedunford » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Is there any indication that Taitz served this missive on counsel for defendants?

None whatsoever. :-bd And, of course, I'm sure she sees no reason to. The case is closed, she is no longer representing clients in Indiana (and, yes, I think there's something that might not have happened in that regard), and Orly is writing that letter directly to Judge Reid in Orly's capacity as a non-attorney private citizen. Clearly, all Orly needs to do is send - by fax and email, with phone follow-up to confirm receipt - the letter to Judge Reid. Anything else is clearly unnecessary. :-bd :-bd

esseff44

Postby esseff44 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:47 pm

I suspect that they have learned to monitor her House of Malware in order to stay abreast of the latest acts of legal terrorism headed their way.

tjh

Postby tjh » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:48 pm

I she'd stopped at #9 (plus #11) she'd most likely be off the hook.

Reality Check

Postby Reality Check » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Ms Taitz certainly looks like she knows what she is doing. Judge Reid said so. :lol:
“The reality of what we really are is often times found in the small snips, way down at the bottom of things.” – Jean Shepherd

ducktape

Postby ducktape » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Is there any indication that Taitz served this missive on counsel for defendants?

I'd guess her saying "this is just a letter from little old me who is no longer a lawyer under your jurisdiction, lady," means no.

Mikedunford

Postby Mikedunford » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:49 pm

She did add "cc all parties in dismissed case Taitz v Elections commission" at the bottom of the letter

:( I haz a sad now.

Norbrook

Postby Norbrook » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:50 pm

It looks like the court sent the OSC to clownselor Black and he sent it to clownselor Taitz. Perhaps it's Mr. Black who's on the hook for the audio, and not Orly. :lol:

At the very least, the communication signals - to a thinking attorney - that Judge Reid considers Blake [sic] still to be the sponsoring attorney.

Technically, he may no longer be the sponsoring attorney after the case was dismissed, but he was during it. So I'm guessing he was familiar with Indiana Court rules, and may have dropped a large load in his pants when the OSC showed up. :-({|=

Piffle

Postby Piffle » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:58 pm

11. I am writing this letter on my own behalf, as an individual, not as an attorney for any parties and not as a party, in a letter form, as this case is over, it is closed, this court no longer has jurisdiction over the parties and I no longer represent any parties. [highlight=#ffff40]Mr. Blake advised me that he will no longer serve as a local counsel and without the local counsel I cannot represent any parties according to Indiana law[/highlight].

Who is Mr. Blake? (Is she confusing Mr. Black with Dr. Henry Blake, mechanical engineer and affiant extraordinaire?) Ah, nevermind; it's just Orly being Orly.Unless there's something really weird about Indiana procedure, Mr. Black can't withdraw as local counsel by giving Orly a jingle or dropping her a line. Withdrawal or substitution of counsel requires a motion requesting leave of court. Barring motion(s) and order(s) we may not have seen, Orly is still very much within the disciplinary ambit of the Indiana Bar.[edit]to add: Perhaps Mr. Black has just served Orly with notice of his intent to withdraw. Indiana Trial Rule 3.1(H) requires the withdrawing attorney to send the client a written notice of intent to withdraw at least ten (10) days before filing the motion. The motion should allege that the attorney has satisfied the terms and conditions of his agreement with the client, or withdrawal is required/permitted by Rule of Professional Conduct 1.16.RPC 1.16 provides that withdrawal is mandatory when the client demands that her attorney engage in illegal or unethical conduct, the attorney is fired by the client or the attorney is unable to continue due to a physical or mental condition.[/edit]

ducktape

Postby ducktape » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:00 pm

So, do we have any betting line on whether Orly will blow off this OSC and not show up in Indiana?How about Mr Black?And then what?

MsDaisy

Postby MsDaisy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Okay, even if Orly is right about Judge Reid not ordering that the audio not be republished. That was an extremely unprofessional and downright nasty letter. Something I can’t even imagine coming from a “lawyer” in response to an OSC. So is Blake’s ass still on the line for it even if he has severed his ties as her pro hac vice since she sent this after the case was over and they’ve supposedly parted ways? And is this utter disrespect of Orly’s something that Judge Reid could be pissed off enough to report to the CA Bar? -xx

realist

Postby realist » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Okay, even if Orly is right about Judge Reid not ordering that the audio not be republished. That was an extremely unprofessional and downright nasty letter. Something I can’t even imagine coming from a “lawyer” in response to an OSC. So is Blake’s ass still on the line for it even if he has severed his ties as her pro hac vice since she sent this after the case was over and they’ve supposedly parted ways? And is this utter disrespect of Orly’s something that Judge Reid could be pissed off enough to report to the CA Bar? -xx

Agree with your first paragraph and frankly agree there was not Order violated, unless I'm really missing something. Which is possible, but I don't see it. I can be talked down, however. :P As to the second, unless there is a motion and an order we've not seen, yes, Mr. Black is still on the hook. You can't just write an email to Orly and say I'm no longer sponsoring you. It must be done through the courts.

Butterfly Bilderberg

Postby Butterfly Bilderberg » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:07 pm

Why do I have the nagging feeling that I've stepped back to 2009?

Butterfly Bilderberg

Postby Butterfly Bilderberg » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:13 pm

It looks like the court sent the OSC to clownselor Black and he sent it to clownselor Taitz. Perhaps it's Mr. Black who's on the hook for the audio, and not Orly. :lol:

At the very least, the communication signals - to a thinking attorney - that Judge Reid considers Blake [sic] still to be the sponsoring attorney.

Both the sponsoring attorney and the sponsored attorney are bound by the rules. Black deserves whatever comes from this, including the reaction to this letter.

MsDaisy

Postby MsDaisy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:15 pm

And are you surrounded by Peaches in your time warp? -xx

A Legal Lohengrin

Postby A Legal Lohengrin » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:16 pm

Orly is living in a fool's paradise if she actually believes the court does not have jurisdiction over matters relating to the case she brought. Failure to appear will itself be contempt of court, regardless of the merits of the underlying OSC, which I am not going to discuss.Penalties for such contempt can include anything from fines up to a term of incarceration.If Orly blows this off, she had best keep her ass out of Indiana for the foreseeable future.

ZekeB

Postby ZekeB » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Because you yearn for the good old days too? ;)

TexasFilly

Postby TexasFilly » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Compare and contrast:

11. I am writing this letter on my own behalf, as an individual, not as an attorney for any parties and not as a party, in a letter form,[highlight]as this case is over, it is closed, this court no longer has jurisdiction over the parties[/highlight] and I no longer represent any parties. Mr. Blake advised me that he will no longer serve as a local counsel and without the local counsel I cannot represent any parties according to Indiana law.

17. This court received evidence of the most serious crimes ever committed against this nation: forgery of identification papers of the President of the United States. This court admitted into evidence testimony and exhibits of experts and later chose to vacate the trial. [highlight]I am notifying this court that I intend to appeal the decision of this court on my own behalf,[/highlight] as a pro se appellant, I do not know at the moment whether other parties will join me in this appeal.

Good luck getting the record for the appeal Mrs. Lena, DDS, Esq.

jtmunkus

Postby jtmunkus » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:19 pm

Orly is living in a fool's paradise if she actually believes the court does not have jurisdiction over matters relating to the case she brought. Failure to appear will itself be contempt of court, regardless of the merits of the underlying OSC, which I am not going to discuss.

What recourse does the Indiana judge have if Taitz snubs the court appearance, other than declaring her in contempt? I'm assuming she can sanction her monetarily, but isn't contempt a criminal violation? If she's found in contempt in the presence of the judge, can't she be incarcerated? What if such an order is issued but Orly does not appear and stays out of Indiana?

TexasFilly

Postby TexasFilly » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:20 pm

[sekrit]Maybe 20,000 bucks Chuck is back in her life? :mrgreen:[/sekrit]

Butterfly Bilderberg

Postby Butterfly Bilderberg » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:23 pm

And are you surrounded by Peaches in your time warp? -xx

Come to think of it, yes. The blossoms have a lovely fragrance.

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Nitrous oxide must be a GREAT drug. 8>
Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick! The one that makes me scream, she said.

A Legal Lohengrin

Postby A Legal Lohengrin » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:27 pm

Orly is living in a fool's paradise if she actually believes the court does not have jurisdiction over matters relating to the case she brought. Failure to appear will itself be contempt of court, regardless of the merits of the underlying OSC, which I am not going to discuss.

What recourse does the Indiana judge have if Taitz snubs the court appearance, other than declaring her in contempt?

The judge can issue a bench warrant to secure her appearance, and if so, if she is found in the jurisdiction, she will be held until such time as there can be a hearing. There will be no cause for any great hurry.

I'm assuming she can sanction her monetarily, but isn't contempt a criminal violation?

There is civil contempt and there is criminal contempt. The purpose of civil contempt is often coercive, such as to secure testimony from an unwilling witness.

If she's found in contempt in the presence of the judge, can't she be incarcerated? What if such an order is issued but Orly does not appear and stays out of Indiana?

In the presence of the judge, contempt is what is called "direct." Forms of contempt outside the presence of the judge are "indirect," and generally require a show cause hearing because due process requires notice.However, if you blow off a show cause hearing, you are already on notice that you may be held in contempt and cannot be heard to complain if penalty is applied immediately. That is why Judge Land could impose a $20,000 fine on a show cause hearing in which Orly responded to the OSC by committing a further act of contempt. What penalties could be imposed summarily would depend on what species of contempt the OSC concerns.

TexasFilly

Postby TexasFilly » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Maybe Judge Reid's decision to grant Taitz PHV status wasn't so foolish after all. Maybe the Indiana Bar will discipline her. Maybe that would get sent to the CA Bar. Maybe that would light a fire under their asses. Maybe.

neonzx

Postby neonzx » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:32 pm

:twisted: [link]http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/?p=363372,http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/?p=363372[/link] :twisted:

my letter was received by Judge Reid by fax, she is not in the court, I will check tomorrow, whether November 27 hearing was vacated or alternatively whether I was excused from appearing. [highlight=#ffff40]Gregg Black wrote a letter and other parties are writing similar letters[/highlight]

Posted on | November 20, 2012 | No Comments

Return to “State Ballot Challenges”