#AZAudit Maricopa & Other Arizona County Election Audits - #CyberNinjas / Jovan Pulitzer / Fann / Birther Ken Bennett

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: #AZAudit Maricopa Arizona Election Audit - #CyberNinjas / Jovan Hutton Pulitzer / Karen Fann / Birther Ken Bennett

Post by northland10 »

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
101010 :towel:
Dr. Ken

Re: #AZAudit Maricopa Arizona Election Audit - #CyberNinjas / Jovan Hutton Pulitzer / Karen Fann / Birther Ken Bennett

Post by Dr. Ken »

northland10 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:05 pm :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
Wait until jovan discovers 127.0.0.1
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Private IP address

Range from 10.0. 0.0 to 10.255. 255.255 — a 10.0. 0.0 network with a 255.0. ...
Range from 172.16. 0.0 to 172.31. 255.255 — a 172.16. 0.0 network with a 255.240. ...
A 192.168. 0.0 to 192.168. 255.255 range, which is a 192.168. ...
A special range 100.64. 0.0 to 100.127. 255.255 with a 255.192.

(with a xxxx.xxx. is the network address mask describing the size of the address block)
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:36 pm He's such a fuck wit

What is he claiming that this shows?

192.168.xx.xx is a private, class B subnet. Private means that it is only used internally to an organization. If such an IP address made to the outside internet, either as a source or destination address, it would be dropped by the first router that it encountered.

It is normal and "best practice" for any organization to use private IP addresses internally, either 192.168.xx.xx or 10.xx.xx.xx subnets, and to have only a single point at which the organization's internal network (intranet) is connected to the outside internet. Edge routers and/or firewalls translate internal addresses to routable outside addresses, assigned to the organization by their ISP.

If an organization, such as a board of elections had an internal network connecting the scanners, voting machines and servers, and if the network were not connected to the internet, the devices in that network would have addresses such as 192.168.xx.xx.

BTW, private IP addresses are not unique. Two different organizations, each with its own intranet, may very well use the same IP addresses. IOW, my home PC may have an address of 192.168.1.100 and your home PC may also have a address 192.168.1.100. My ISP assigns an IP address to my cable modem/router, which translates 192.168.1.100 to whatever that assigned address happens to be, when I send a message to the internet (like this post). When the reply arrives my router translates the outside address to 192.168.1.100 and sends it to my PC. The same thing happens on your home network, or the Maricopa County network.

This last feature is precisely what private IP addresses are for. At my last place of employment, we had over 20,000 devices connected to our intranet, including desktop PC's, internal routers and switches, servers and printers, each with its own IP address that was unique within our organization. We had, I believe, a few dozen external IP addresses that were used for public webservers and incoming/outgoing traffic.

About 10 years ago, the internet became full. That is, of the two billion possible IP v4 addresses, all had been assigned to some organization or another. If all of our 20,000 device addresses were exposed to the internet, aside from the horrendous security problem, the internet would have become full long before that.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I think he's trying to say it's proof that the machines were connected to outside internet traffic
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:26 am I think he's trying to say it's proof that the machines were connected to outside internet traffic
Well, that and he’s geolocated it to China. :doh:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

If this cretin thinks a 192.168.x.x network address is scary, God alone knows what he would make of mine.....😂

I have the WiFi network from my cable modem which is 192.168.0.x
The "over the mains cabling" Powerline network is 192.168.1.x
The mesh network is 192.168.5.x

I have two Raspberry Pi's acting as a VPN servers, one at home and one at a friend's home so I have access to both UK and US networks so I can watch UK or US two geo-restricted content like the BBC, Netflix etc.

Both Pi's run two different flavours of VPN software, OpenVPN and Wireguard ( speed vs compatibility)

Both VPN's, also are set up so if travelling to countries or public WiFi spots that restrict the Internet traffic type you can use, I can access them over the a TOR network aka "The Dark Web" through a "hidden service" either directly or via VPN over TOR

This also means if the Internet Service Provider changes the cable modems Internet IP address, ( which some ISP's do regularly) which will break the user VPN configuration, I can still access the VPN and reconfigure the VPN details for "normal service".

Based on that I must be a Chinese/Russian/Nork Commiedemonocrat Uber electoral stealing code slicing hackmeister.....
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Mr brolin wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:11 am If this cretin thinks a 192.168.x.x network address is scary, God alone knows what he would make of mine.....😂
:snippity:
Based on that I must be a Chinese/Russian/Nork Commiedemonocrat Uber electoral stealing code slicing hackmeister.....
:shh: Why are you telling everyone about this? It’s supposed to be a secret! :lol:
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Sunrise wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:32 am
Mr brolin wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:11 am If this cretin thinks a 192.168.x.x network address is scary, God alone knows what he would make of mine.....😂
:shh: Why are you telling everyone about this? It’s supposed to be a secret! :lol:
I tried to get it on my business card as a job title but they ran out of space....... :doh: I had to settle for "Chief Blame Officer"... :whistle: :shrug:
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Cyber Ninjas,
the Florida-based company reviewing Maricopa County's ballots for the Arizona Senate, missed its deadline to send Congress information about its procedures, funding and other matters relating to its examination of the election results.

The committee, chaired by Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., has subpoena power and could use that to force the issue on Cyber Ninjas' activities.

“Cyber Ninjas must provide complete transparency over its questionable activities and sources of funding, and answer Congress’s questions without further delay," Maloney's office said in a statement to Slate. "If it does not, we will use all tools available to ensure we get the answers we need to protect the integrity of federal elections.”
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Huh. Someone should check his home network.. I bet the first computer hooked up has that exact address....
raison de arizona

Bannon weighs in on the routers, and another 10.xxx address.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:50 pm Bannon weighs in on the routers, and another 10.xxx address.
You would think one of those CISSP "experts" would let him know what a 10.xxx IP address is.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
raison de arizona

BREAKING: Karen Fann Ordered To "IMMEDIATELY" Turn Over "Withheld Records" Re: Election "Audit" (READ Minute Entry, Order)

UPDATE, 8/10, 3:30pm: The Arizona Court of Appeals will hold a hearing tomorrow morning on Fann's Emergency Motion for a Stay. The Senate President is trying to not have to "immediately" turn over the records that have been in the Cyber Ninjas' physical possession. The stay request has already been turned down by Superior Court Judge Michael Kemp.

Meanwhile, American Oversight has asked Judge Kemp to set an August 31 date as the definition of "immediately". A hearing on that request is set for next week.
:snippity: [rest of story is stuff from last week]
https://arizonaslaw.blogspot.com/2021/0 ... ed-to.html
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:09 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:50 pm Bannon weighs in on the routers, and another 10.xxx address.
You would think one of those CISSP "experts" would let him know what a 10.xxx IP address is.
During my workday, my work computer has both 129.xxx and 10.xxx. I do lots of election fraud that way. It has nothing to do with one is my home network and one is my work network through VPN, nothing at all.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:28 pm
BREAKING: Karen Fann Ordered To "IMMEDIATELY" Turn Over "Withheld Records" Re: Election "Audit" (READ Minute Entry, Order)

UPDATE, 8/10, 3:30pm: The Arizona Court of Appeals will hold a hearing tomorrow morning on Fann's Emergency Motion for a Stay. The Senate President is trying to not have to "immediately" turn over the records that have been in the Cyber Ninjas' physical possession. The stay request has already been turned down by Superior Court Judge Michael Kemp.

Meanwhile, American Oversight has asked Judge Kemp to set an August 31 date as the definition of "immediately". A hearing on that request is set for next week.
:snippity: [rest of story is stuff from last week]
https://arizonaslaw.blogspot.com/2021/0 ... ed-to.html
Immediately means bring it with you, Karen. If you win, we'll let you take it home, but immediately means now, cupcake.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

northland10 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:31 pm
Shizzle Popped wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:09 pm
During my workday, my work computer has both 129.xxx and 10.xxx. I do lots of election fraud that way. It has nothing to do with one is my home network and one is my work network through VPN, nothing at all.
The last company I worked for before I semi-retired had 10.xxx internal addresses. However, for some reason I don’t remember if the VPN addresses were the same even though I worked remote over VPN my last 5 years. The point being though that anybody who’s passed the CISSP knows what those addresses are. When I mentioned this to my wife, who does not have a security background but was an IT project manager for several years just rolled her eyes and shook her head. These people are all morons.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Election System “Air Gap” Myths

Election officials all across the nation are being treated to a plethora of security jargon from electronic voting system vendors intended to convince them that the data connections for their voting equipment are secure. Here’s a sample of vendor jargon to be on the watch for:

*“Your data is transferred over a cellular network”

*“The system is not connected to the internet…during tabulation”

*“We have a firewall”

*"Your data is encrypted”

*“We use secure VPN technology”

*“Your system is air gapped”

Such vendor claims often result in claims by election officials that they are “not connected to the internet”. But is that true? In general, no. Why? Everyone of those responses imply that the voting system IS connected to the internet. They simply attempt to hide that fact with security jargon.

No one can deny that during an election cycle there is a transfer of election data from precinct-level tabulators to results aggregation systems at the municipal, county, and state levels.

The fact remains that the security of any electronic voting system and, therefore, the security of the election record chain of custody is vulnerable at any time between the time the election equipment (hardware, software, network configuration) is certified and the election itself is certified. If election officials are unable to validate the security of their voting system configuration during that time, any election data transferred during that period may have been compromised.

This begs the question is “how is election data transferred?”

DATA TRANSER METHODS
Ok computer nerds, do your magic.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

You really expect us to work our way thru this Gish gallop?

One does expect the "Election Officials" do have some education and that they can rely on their own real IT experts to clarify the nitty gritty details of their local setup.

As nobody has recently observed a hacked election one can assume that the totality of security measures does truly protect elections.

PS. can anyone please ask the Chinese about their well hidden backdoor used for burger vote flipping :?:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

LM K wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:19 pm Election System “Air Gap” Myths

Election officials all across the nation are being treated to a plethora of security jargon from electronic voting system vendors intended to convince them that the data connections for their voting equipment are secure. Here’s a sample of vendor jargon to be on the watch for:

*“Your data is transferred over a cellular network”

*“The system is not connected to the internet…during tabulation”

*“We have a firewall”

*"Your data is encrypted”

*“We use secure VPN technology”

*“Your system is air gapped”

Such vendor claims often result in claims by election officials that they are “not connected to the internet”. But is that true? In general, no. Why? Everyone of those responses imply that the voting system IS connected to the internet. They simply attempt to hide that fact with security jargon.

No one can deny that during an election cycle there is a transfer of election data from precinct-level tabulators to results aggregation systems at the municipal, county, and state levels.

The fact remains that the security of any electronic voting system and, therefore, the security of the election record chain of custody is vulnerable at any time between the time the election equipment (hardware, software, network configuration) is certified and the election itself is certified. If election officials are unable to validate the security of their voting system configuration during that time, any election data transferred during that period may have been compromised.

This begs the question is “how is election data transferred?”

DATA TRANSER METHODS
Ok computer nerds, do your magic.
I know that in my county (Cuyahoga County, Ohio which contains the city of Cleveland), memory modules are removed from the voting machines at each precinct and transported by a team consisting of at least one Republican and one Democrat, to the County Board of Elections. There, the memory modules are read by the tabulating equipment. No vote data is ever transferred over any kind of network outside of the counting room.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

When I was a poll worked in the 90s, the touchscreen printed a paper ballot out and the paper ballot was taken (as he said, in Ohio all voting materials are always in the joint custody of one person appointed by each party) to the Board of elections where it was fed into a character reader that actually counted it.
Each voter had the chance tro see his/her paper ballot before dropping it in the box. The precinct machines counted how many votes were printed but not who or what was voted for. If the machine said it printed 500 ballots, you had to account for the ballots, how many valid ballots, how many spoiled ballots had to add up to what the machine said. There were always spoiled ballots, but I never, in 8 years, didn't match our count.

Now, I fill in the bubbles like the ACT test years ago and feed that into the machine, which I think counts it and keeps the paper ballot as a backup.

As I've said many times, a proper AUDIT would be checking these procedures, and not counting the ballots again, which would be a recount and in Ohio at least, recounts can only be done under specific conditions "Our Lord Worm Emperor in Florida wants it" not being one of them.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

I am amused that the headline of the piece talks about air gaps and how they are "security jargon", then never returns to them and only talks about how non air gapped systems can be compromised. I am also amused that they make a big deal out how configurations might be changed, but then also seem upset that random local people can not go onto the machine and change the configuration.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

EVERYONE knows the Concorde had no crashes but was deemed unsafe and never flown again. So there!!!! No detected errors doesn't mean there might not be hacking!

(Gregg, rth, and Frater do your thing.) :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:03 pm The point being though that anybody who’s passed the CISSP knows what those addresses are.
Anyone who has worked in any kind of IT or network related programming role know what these addresses are.. for that matter any kid who has set up their home network probably knows them.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:52 am When I was a poll worked in the 90s, :snippity:
We don't want to hear about what you had to do to pay your way through college....

I'll see myself out... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “"Forensic Audits" of State Elections 2020”