Ad saturation

Whatever4

Ad saturation

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:59 pm

Yesterday on the local news, I counted at least 15 political ads between 6:00 and 6:30. Warren, Brown, two different Tierneys (I think), Romney, Obama, SuperPacs pro and con all of them. Please make them stop.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

MaineSkeptic

Ad saturation

Post by MaineSkeptic » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Yesterday on the local news, I counted at least 15 political ads between 6:00 and 6:30. Warren, Brown, two different Tierneys (I think), Romney, Obama, SuperPacs pro and con all of them. Please make them stop.If moving to Belize didn't stop it, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

esseff44

Ad saturation

Post by esseff44 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:11 pm

My TV has an OFF button. I have found it very useful. ;)

Suranis

Ad saturation

Post by Suranis » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:16 pm

The MUTE button has gotten me through a lot of adbreaks too.

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

Mikedunford

Ad saturation

Post by Mikedunford » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:40 pm

One of the side benefits to this law school thing is that having no time to watch television saves me from political ads. One of the bad things is that it took me a while to realize that the subject heading for this thread wasn't some new Latin thing I had to figure out.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

realist

Ad saturation

Post by realist » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:45 pm

Yesterday on the local news, I counted at least 15 political ads between 6:00 and 6:30. Warren, Brown, two different Tierneys (I think), Romney, Obama, SuperPacs pro and con all of them. Please make them stop.All the more reason I love my DVR and the FF button. \ :D / I got sick of the ads long ago.

ImageX 4 ImageX36

Sugar Magnolia

Ad saturation

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Interesting that we spend so much time and energy on parsing the campaigns and posting the on-line-only canpaign ads on the board and have such strong opinions on how the campaigns should or should not be run, and then bitch about the campaign ads.

esseff44

Ad saturation

Post by esseff44 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Wait, wait! There's more!Here's a new one for Obama by one of the SuperPAC's using the 47% remark.[BBvideo 425,350:2kktpeku][/BBvideo]

DaveMuckey

Ad saturation

Post by DaveMuckey » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:28 pm

One of the bad things is that it took me a while to realize that the subject heading for this thread wasn't some new Latin thing I had to figure out.I suppose it could be changed to ad nauseum.

MsDaisy

Ad saturation

Post by MsDaisy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:35 pm

My TV has an OFF button. I have found it very useful. ;)My TeeVee only haz one channel and we play Netflix on it. I haven't had teevee programing in so long that when I see it now all I see is 5 minutes of show and 10 minutes of commercials that all talk so fast it makes my head spin. We don't even turn it on in hotels anymore. I think that a good thing because my brain isn't corrupted by ads, but it does make for socially awkward moments when people are talking about shows I've never seen, like Stanfield and all those Vampire shows. When I say I don't have teevee people look at me like I'm from Mars or sumptin. :oops:

Birfers are toast

MaineSkeptic

Ad saturation

Post by MaineSkeptic » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:26 pm

I suppose it could be changed to ad nauseum.Wait, that sounds familiar . . . . . . . accusative!

SueDB

Ad saturation

Post by SueDB » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:32 pm

My TV has an OFF button. I have found it very useful. ;)My TeeVee only haz one channel and we play Netflix on it. I haven't had teevee programing in so long that when I see it now all I see is 5 minutes of show and 10 minutes of commercials that all talk so fast it makes my head spin. We don't even turn it on in hotels anymore. I think that a good thing because my brain isn't corrupted by ads, but it does make for socially awkward moments when people are talking about shows I've never seen, like Stanfield and all those Vampire shows. When I say I don't have teevee people look at me like I'm from Mars or sumptin. :oops:Directv solves many issues. Lots and lots of movies...along with NetFlix of course.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

A Legal Lohengrin

Ad saturation

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:14 am

I suppose it could be changed to ad nauseum.Wait, that sounds familiar . . . . . . . accusative!Beat me to it.

I read the thread title and wondered what this "saturation" thing is, and was about to criticize it for not being a recognizable Latin word. Too. Also.

Whatever4

Ad saturation

Post by Whatever4 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:15 pm

Now it's the robocalls (and some humans !) while I'm trying to nap. Romney, a machine for Elizabeth Warren (debate with Brown tonight), and the DNC looking for money to help out other Senate races. :yawn: I need my beauty sleep.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

burriana

Ad saturation

Post by burriana » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:43 pm

I'm saturated by ad's of all types not just political ones. I've just retired after working for an Ad Agency for 20 years so I know that I speak the truth when I say that advertising is the bane of out times. I apologise to everyone for having lived VERY well on the back of such poison.

Return to “Governors & State Elections”