Celebrity Train Wrecks.

Chilidog

Celebrity Train Wrecks.

Post by Chilidog »

a thread for those minor celebrities of yesterday who seem to have veered into weirdness.

first up, Valerie Bertinelli.

About a year ago, or so, my wife called me over to watch her on HSN.

She was promoting her wine brand and spent a 3 Hour show drinking glass after glass, until she was totally smashed.

Now she is running around complaining about "diet culture," while at the same time she looks like she gained at least 50 lbs over the past year.

I'm not trying to fat shame, but there are clearly some other issues at play here.
Jim

Re: Celebrity Train Wrecks.

Post by Jim »

Chilidog wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:50 pm a thread for those minor celebrities of yesterday who seem to have veered into weirdness.

She was promoting her wine brand and spent a 3 Hour show drinking glass after glass, until she was totally smashed.

Now she is running around complaining about "diet culture," while at the same time she looks like she gained at least 50 lbs over the past year.

I'm not trying to fat shame, but there are clearly some other issues at play here.
She hasn't been the same since Eddie Van Halen passed.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Gosh, this could be a long topic thread. (end comment)
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Well, one that is on my mind is Sam Pepper. A decade ago he was a middling youtube personality who did collaborations with a lot of other groups (which is how I knew of him), but mostly did 'prank' videos.. which eventually got him in trouble since things like the 'prank' of sexually harassing women on the street wore thin pretty quickly and rape allegations started.

This dropped his youtube visibility, but made him more of a techbro icon since anyone accused of harassment and rape must be an upstanding guy! otherwise why would feminists be trying to destroy him? Anyway, he just popped up on my radar the other day because apparently his new gig is pump and dump meme coin scams via TikTok... where now apparently 'ponzi scheme' has become a badge of honor.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I’m always amazed at the gorgeous / handsome famous people who have plastic surgery and end up looking so very, very bad. Nikki Cox is the prime example in my mind.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:23 pm I’m always amazed at the gorgeous / handsome famous people who have plastic surgery and end up looking so very, very bad. Nikki Cox is the prime example in my mind.
The list is long, but the one that always jumps into my mind is Jennifer Grey. A simple nose job did a serious number on her career. So unfortunate.

Well, her and crazy-assed Heidi Montag. Talk about a train wreck!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:23 pm I’m always amazed at the gorgeous / handsome famous people who have plastic surgery and end up looking so very, very bad. Nikki Cox is the prime example in my mind.
Our skin loses its elasticity as we get older and there's little we can do about it. A plastic surgeon can nip and tuck the sag and wrinkles, but the skin will simply sag again. It doesn't sag in the same way it originally did and we generally end up looking worse.
Largo al factotum.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Chilidog wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:50 pm a thread for those minor celebrities of yesterday who seem to have veered into weirdness.

Yeah. Like grief and being human. Weird.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”