Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Uninformed

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Uninformed »

Yup, she’s even written a book “Disloyal Opposition”.

https://mobile.twitter.com/julie_kelly2
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

Uninformed wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:41 pm Yup, she’s even written a book “Disloyal Opposition”.

A nut then?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:32 pm
Uninformed wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:41 pm Yup, she’s even written a book “Disloyal Opposition”.

A nut then?
Google is your friend.
Delarin
Verified: ❌ This is not the Delarin you're looking for.

Post by Delarin »

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere and I missed it. Document 22 in Swalwell v. Trump (1:21-cv-00586) (District Court, D.C.) is linked in the below article from Law & Crime:

MOTION for Leave to File Brief of Amici Curiae In Support of Plaintiffs by Floyd Abrams, ERWIN CHEMERINSKY, MARTHA MINOW, LAURENCE H. TRIBE. (Attachments: # 1 Brief of Amici Curiae, # 2 Text of Proposed Order [Proposed] Order Granting Motion For Leave To File Brief of Amici Curiae)(Marais, Nicholas) (Entered: 07/08/2021)

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-sie ... 6th-siege/
DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:37 pm
DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:32 pm

A nut then?
Google is your friend.
Yes. I did Google her. I think she's a nut, but I could be wrong.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Fri Jan 02, 1970 4:09 pm Yes. I did Google her. I think she's a nut, but I could be wrong.
You’re not wrong.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:57 pm
Former sheriff's lieutenant fired after posting from protest-turned-riot at the U.S. Capitol fighting to get her job back
Roxanne Mathai said she was wrongfully terminated and blamed political bias, but the Bexar County Sheriff's Office gave several other reasons for firing her.

Didn't read the article, and didn't watch the video. I'd fine her for illegal use of mascara and excessive shadow. Oy vey.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

BREAKING NEWS! #SuitMacer aka Edward Rodriquez has been arrested. Yes! #Capitol #SeditionHunters
@MacFarlaneNews

@Forrest_Rogers
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Pizzeria Owner Mounts Truly Bizarre Defense for Jan. 6 Riots
Not only is she representing herself, she’s using far-out “sovereign citizen” talking points to claim she is immune from prosecution.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/pizzeria- ... an-6-riots
A Pennsylvania woman who allegedly stormed the Capitol and told a police officer to “bring Nancy Pelosi out here now… we want to hang that fucking bitch” has filed court documents claiming to be a divinely empowered entity immune from laws.

Pauline Bauer, a Pennsylvania pizzeria owner, is accused of multiple counts of violent entry, disruptive conduct, and obstruction of Congress after she allegedly broke into the Capitol on Jan. 6. Prosecutors allege that Bauer tried organizing buses to transport people to D.C. for a rally that preceded the riot, and that while in the Capitol rotunda she told police that she wanted to kill House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

But in what experts describe as an inadvisable legal strategy, Bauer has demanded to represent herself in court, appeared to threaten a court clerk with prison time, and declared herself a “self-governed individual” with special legal privileges.

Bauer does not simply appear in court, she clarified during a June 11 proceeding via Zoom. “I am here by special divine appearance, a living soul,” she told a judge that day, while stating that she did not want an attorney.

“I do not stand under the law,” she said. “Under Genesis 1, God gave man dominion over the law.”
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

IOW, she ignores the health dept at her pizzaria.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:14 am Pizzeria Owner Mounts Truly Bizarre Defense for Jan. 6 Riots
Not only is she representing herself, she’s using far-out “sovereign citizen” talking points to claim she is immune from prosecution.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/pizzeria- ... an-6-riots
A Pennsylvania woman who allegedly stormed the Capitol and told a police officer to “bring Nancy Pelosi out here now… we want to hang that fucking bitch” has filed court documents claiming to be a divinely empowered entity immune from laws.

Pauline Bauer, a Pennsylvania pizzeria owner, is accused of multiple counts of violent entry, disruptive conduct, and obstruction of Congress after she allegedly broke into the Capitol on Jan. 6. Prosecutors allege that Bauer tried organizing buses to transport people to D.C. for a rally that preceded the riot, and that while in the Capitol rotunda she told police that she wanted to kill House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

But in what experts describe as an inadvisable legal strategy, Bauer has demanded to represent herself in court, appeared to threaten a court clerk with prison time, and declared herself a “self-governed individual” with special legal privileges.

Bauer does not simply appear in court, she clarified during a June 11 proceeding via Zoom. “I am here by special divine appearance, a living soul,” she told a judge that day, while stating that she did not want an attorney.

“I do not stand under the law,” she said. “Under Genesis 1, God gave man dominion over the law.”
Perhaps I was taught history in the old school, but I was taught that our forefathers founded this country because they didn't want to be governed by idiots who think like her.
Largo al factotum.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I guess the whole "there has to be a victim" SovCit talking point does not mean a thing because when there is one, they still are immune.

I wonder if her pizzeria has a basement.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

So he was caught up in the moment...but he was all decked out in military gear prepared for war?

And what if they release him and he gets caught up in another moment, apparently that's a thing for him?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Pizzaria Owner...

That looks like fun.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Judge sets trial date for Klein case to September 2022. Both sides think trial could last a week.
@MacFarlaneNews
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Near to two years until trial? Some of the 1/6 defendants will get a lste shock long after their tourist expedition to D.C.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Texas family of 5 charged in US Capitol breach

Facebook posts galore referenced in court filings against the Munns, including Dad's saying Trump asked Americans to be in DC on Jan 6, per feds

One Munn also posted, "F*ing great! Holy s** we were inside the f*ing capital”
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Ahhhh - the Real Bonafide Tourists, now let's see the invitation from their representative ;)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I was there. My producer ran for her life and heard the gunshots. I heard people chanting 'hang Mike Pence.'
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

neonzx wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:42 pm
Reddog wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:34 pm Edit above from “can’t not “ to won’t
I carried the photo for years, and still is the first photo in my photo album.
Hey, by law, I have to wear a seat belt in my car -- and my car as all sorts of safety things going on, air bags, etc.

Don't know how the motorcycle lobby managed exceptions to basic safety things like helmets. :cantlook: My friend's 25yo son often rides his bike with no helmet while wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops. :? Insanity.
Well there is freedumb, and my body my choice, right?

A million years ago Arizona wanted to make helmets mandatory. The antihelmet lobby managed to get a trial period. Statistics at end of 4year trial was that jelmets reduced deaths by a huge amount. But there was a corresponding increase in broken neck injuries. I left the state before I heard the decision about whether it was better to be dead or a paraplegic.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona

Off Topic
keith wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:56 pm A million years ago Arizona wanted to make helmets mandatory. The antihelmet lobby managed to get a trial period. Statistics at end of 4year trial was that jelmets reduced deaths by a huge amount. But there was a corresponding increase in broken neck injuries. I left the state before I heard the decision about whether it was better to be dead or a paraplegic.
Under 18? Paraplegic. 18 & over? Dead.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Edit above from “can’t not “ to won’t . Statistics at end of 4year trial was that jelmets reduced deaths by a huge amount. But there was a corresponding increase in broken neck injuries. I left the state before I heard the decision about whether it was better to be dead or a paraplegic.
I once made a similar remark to a girlfriend but I think it was para vs quad. She said I had a bad attitude.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

At my work, you wear your PPE so your widow can collect your death benefit.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

WANTED: Evan Neumann of California in Jan 6 US Capitol breach case

Neumann is accused of hand-to-hand combat against police & attempting to use a metal barricade as a battering ram

Neumann remains at large, per US Justice Dept
Edit: Moar on Neumann from local news station. https://abc7news.com/evan-neumann-mill- ... /10882741/
MILL VALLEY, Calif. (KGO) -- A Mill Valley man had made it to the FBI's Most Wanted list.

Agents say they have photos and video of 48-year-old Evan Neumann challenging and attacking police during riots at the U.S. Capitol on January 6.

This is not the first time Neumann has made news locally.

In early 2018, ABC7 News followed him and his brother, Mark, when they went to trial for walking past a National Guardsman and visiting the family home in Fountaingrove following the Tubbs Fire.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”