trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by fierceredpanda »

filly wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:57 am
p0rtia wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:15 am George Conway describing his wife. That's some glass house he lives in.
Total agreement here. I read his tweets because he is smart, quick witted and very knowledgeable about things that interest me. His wife's enabling is his fatal flaw.
His taste for blonde, leggy fascists is his fatal flaw. Before Kellyanne, he dated Laura Ingraham and Anne Coulter.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:14 pm His taste for blonde, leggy fascists is his fatal flaw. Before Kellyanne, he dated Laura Ingraham and Anne Coulter.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Okay, that says it all.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:14 pm
His taste for blonde, leggy fascists is his fatal flaw. Before Kellyanne, he dated Laura Ingraham and Anne Coulter.
Always judge someone by their depravities...

Virtues can be faked, depravities are to the core...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:14 pm
filly wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:57 am
p0rtia wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:15 am George Conway describing his wife. That's some glass house he lives in.
Total agreement here. I read his tweets because he is smart, quick witted and very knowledgeable about things that interest me. His wife's enabling is his fatal flaw.
Link, please, for the fact that Conway dated Anne Coulter? A quick scan shows that they worked together (on the Paula Jones) but described them as good friends.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:16 pm
fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:14 pm His taste for blonde, leggy fascists is his fatal flaw. Before Kellyanne, he dated Laura Ingraham and Anne Coulter.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Okay, that says it all.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:58 pm

Has anyone told him this is the "See, we need to put him in a home" test siblings get dad to take when they can't agree its time.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:58 pm

It was a lot more fun listening to Sarah Cooper say these things, wasn’t it?
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Ok, I appear to have been mistaken about the "George Conway dated Ann Coulter" thing, and I apologize. :bag:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

And, it was a pretty basic test that anyone should be able to pass easilly.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-d ... 2020-07-20
The doctor behind a cognitive test Trump took says ‘it’s supposed to be easy’

The Montreal Cognitive Assessment, or MoCA, test discussed by President Trump and Chris Wallace is ‘not an IQ test,’ Dr. Ziad Nasreddine tells The doctor who developed a widely used test that screens for early signs of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease says that cognition is “a pertinent question” during a presidential election with presumptive candidates over age 70. Problem is, both sides of the political divide are interpreting this test incorrectly.

Dr. Ziad Nasreddine in 1996 developed and copyrighted the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA) test, which is a 10-minute examination usually performed with pen and paper that measures the strengths of different areas of the brain related to cognitive domains, such as short-term memory, spatial awareness and executive functioning. (Remote testing, including via an app on the Apple AAPL, +1.31% iPad, has been expanded during the pandemic.)

And he tells MarketWatch that the MoCA Clinic & Institute has been inundated with calls and emails over the past week or so, ever since President Donald Trump bragged in a phone interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity several days ago that he had recently “aced” a cognitive test at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. Trump also said that medical staff were “very surprised” by how well he did. “They said, ‘That’s an unbelievable thing. Rarely does anybody do what you just did.’ ”

While the White House did not release any details of this most recent test, the president did take the MoCA exam in 2018, when he was said to have gotten a perfect score of 30, which has put this particular test in the spotlight. What’s more, during a second Fox News interview aired on Sunday, Chris Wallace told the president that the MoCA is “not the hardest test” and even posted graphics of one of the questions, which asked the test taker to identify drawings of animals. Trump responded by challenging his presumptive Democratic rival Joe Biden to “take a test right now.” What’s more, Trump said that the test questions get harder and that the MoCA exam question that Wallace shared was a “misrepresentation.”

Related:Trump describes his recent cognitive test: ‘Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV’

And during yet a third Fox interview on Wednesday, he described the test (which sounds like the MoCA) in more detail -- particularly a memory question that asks to recall five words.

“It’s, like, you’ll go: Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV. So they’ll say, ‘Could you repeat that?’ So I said, ‘Yeah. So it’s: Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV,’” he said.

But as many doctors and armchair critics have been quick to argue on Twitter TWTR, +3.20% and Facebook FB, +1.38%, the MoCA exam should not be difficult for someone who is not cognitively impaired.

“This is not an IQ test or the level of how a person is extremely skilled or not,” Nasreddine agreed in a call with MarketWatch. “The test is supposed to help physicians detect early signs of Alzheimer’s, and it became very popular because it was a short test, and very sensitive for early impairment.”

‘It is supposed to be easy for someone who has no cognitive impairment.’
— Dr. Ziad Nasreddine

Nasreddine explained that each question is related to a different part of the brain. He declined to share a sample test page, as he and his peers are growing increasingly concerned that the test might not be as accurate anymore, because too many elements have been shared online. This allows people to potentially practice the questions to perform better on the exam. In fact, MoCA expressly notes on its website that “it is prohibited to publish the MoCA test and/or instructions and/or a link leading to these in newspaper and magazine articles (including electronic articles).
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:57 pm Ok, I appear to have been mistaken about the "George Conway dated Ann Coulter" thing, and I apologize. :bag:
Well, it's okay. Is Ann even around anymore? She seems to have been "cancelled" by the right -- she doesn't get booked for appearances anymore. Kinda like that Michelle Malkin lady. Gone and forgotten. 8-)
much ado

Post by much ado »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:40 pm
fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:57 pm Ok, I appear to have been mistaken about the "George Conway dated Ann Coulter" thing, and I apologize. :bag:
Well, it's okay. Is Ann even around anymore? She seems to have been "cancelled" by the right -- she doesn't get booked for appearances anymore. Kinda like that Michelle Malkin lady. Gone and forgotten. 8-)
She starting saying very negative things about Trump, didn't she? Is that the explanation?

ETA: Oh, yeah. Here's one.

The Wrap: Ann Coulter Doubles Down on Trump Criticism: ‘Jackass President Being a Big Baby’
“At 4:30 in the morning Saturday night — well, technically, Sunday morning — I went on Twitter for the first time in a while and I saw this jackass tweet by our jackass president being a big baby blaming Jeff Sessions for the Russia investigation once again, something that was entirely, 100% his fault,” she explained to host Derek Hunter. She had been “trying to enjoy [her] pandemic” before the tweet annoyed her, she quipped.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I've typed up a bunch of geriatric assessment tests in my transcriptionist days. There's about five or six with slightly different questions, the animals you had to identify, the words you had to remember. Most people passed easily. The serial sevens were the hardest, but you only had to go back three. You could go further if you wanted to show off but it didn't add to your score. It got the gears going, but that's always a good thing. Most people, if they missed anything, missed the retention question where the doctor would ask to remember a few words early in the test and then bring them back up at the end. A lot of people miss that but it wasn't necessarily a cognition deficit, a lot of people just don't pay attention. The question about placing the clock hands, and different tests had different times of day, were the big tip off. If you couldn't put the hands on the clock correctly, there was a problem.

And, yeah, with all the publicity about the test I can see it's not as useful as it used to be,
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
filly

Post by filly »

That's OK. I didn't know about Laura Ingrahm. Years ago I read a piece about her in Vanity Fair that described her breaking up with some guy she was living with in a row house in DC. After she moved out *someone* put a garden hose into the mail slot in his front door and flooded the house. No one was ever arrested. I haven't been able to find the article but I remember the anecdote vividly. The pathology always seems to have been there.
raison de arizona

filly wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:43 am That's OK. I didn't know about Laura Ingrahm. Years ago I read a piece about her in Vanity Fair that described her breaking up with some guy she was living with in a row house in DC. After she moved out *someone* put a garden hose into the mail slot in his front door and flooded the house. No one was ever arrested. I haven't been able to find the article but I remember the anecdote vividly. The pathology always seems to have been there.
Olbermann reportedly dated her as well, FWIW.
HEY, I’M AN INSIDER
Just Try Me
Do you remember that incident, relayed in David Brock’s Blinded By The Right and reported elsewhere, about Laura Ingraham and a certain Georgetown townhouse and the mail slot and the garden hose and the water and, most important, the water sent spewing through the garden hose through the mail slot into the townhouse?

Well, I’m not one to brag about being in on it all or anything, because I rarely am, but I recently received independent confirmation of the identity of the offending party and her victim by not one, not two, but now three different individuals, none of whom knows the other.

Furthermore, I now feel confident in saying not only that, yes, the nasty episode really occurred, but that I know to whom the townhouse, the mail slot, the garden hose, and even the water belonged.
http://rittenhouse.blogspot.com/2003/12 ... o-you.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

He just flat out says he lies about it, and they eat it up. Lie to us, lie to us!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: The officer who shot Ashli Babbitt at the Capitol on 1/6 was not a part of a specific security detail to a member of Congress, a senior law enforcement official tells NBC News.

This refutes the assertions made by former President Trump in a televised interview yesterday.
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:36 pm https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/1 ... 8156591108
NEW: The officer who shot Ashli Babbitt at the Capitol on 1/6 was not a part of a specific security detail to a member of Congress, a senior law enforcement official tells NBC News.

This refutes the assertions made by former President Trump in a televised interview yesterday.
GASP! So Trump LIED about that?? Well heads will roll now!

It's important to call these things out, but at this point I'd be much more surprised if he told the truth about something, now THAT would rock my world.
:snippity:
"Who shot Ashli Babbitt? Why are they keeping that secret?" Trump asked. "Who was the person that shot an innocent, wonderful, incredible woman, a military woman?"
The Justice Department cleared the officer of wrongdoing, concluding he had acted in defense of other officers and members of Congress. The investigation was closed without charging or identifying the officer publicly.

Bartiromo also praised Babbitt and said her family wanted answers about "why this wonderful woman, young woman, who went to peaceful protest, was shot." She then said, without citing evidence, that the security detail of a "leading member of Congress" may have been involved.

"I've heard also that it was the head of security for a certain high official, a Democrat," Trump said. "And we'll see, because it's going to come out."
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-c ... rat-2021-7
bob

Post by bob »

The right-wing press has decided they know the officer's name, but only those in that cesspool are actually printing the name of their "suspect."
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

bob wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:44 pm The right-wing press has decided they know the officer's name, but only those in that cesspool are actually printing the name of their "suspect."
All black people look the same?
Mark Schamel, the Washington attorney defending the officer, warned that revealing his client’s name could put his life in jeopardy. He said the officer has received “credible" death threats and has gone into hiding. He would not provide further details about the type of threats or whether they have been reported to the FBI. Schamel also declined to say if authorities have provided the officer a protective security detail.

Asked about any threats made against :fingerwag: , USCP General Counsel Tad DiBiase told RCI in an email that "one of our officers has received death threats, threats to his family, and numerous vile, racist sentiments directed at the officer." Without elaborating, he said "these threats are currently under active investigation by the USCP and the FBI."

The only publicly known threat made against the officer who shot Babbitt came from Garret Miller, who was arrested in Texas in part because of threats he made two weeks after participating in the Capitol riot. However, Miller circulated the wrong photos of the officer on Facebook, falsely identifying Officer :fingerwag: , who is also African American. Miller remains in federal custody.
Despicable.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Remember how hard the Bundy nuts tried to name the officer who shot Finny?

Shame on Fox and Bartiromo for feeding and fueling this dangerous nonsense. IIRC, Bartiromo even dropped Schumer's name, in that her staff had reached out for a comment because maybe it was of his security detail.

:waiting: for a retraction from Fox that likely will not happen.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

covfefe wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:41 pm :snippity:
It's important to call these things out, but at this point I'd be much more surprised if he told the truth about something, now THAT would rock my world.

Bartiromo also praised Babbitt and said her family wanted answers about "why this wonderful woman, young woman, who went to peaceful protest, was shot." She then said, without citing evidence, that the security detail of a "leading member of Congress" may have been involved.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-c ... rat-2021-7
Ha - in absence of the police denial that the officer was a security detail one would assume that it would have been the bodyguard of a Republican :!: Had it been one of a leading Democratic lawmakers (from he House?), the news would have been splattered all over the place.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

:lol: The "Good Liars" snuck in. They be trollin'. :rotflmao:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”