Falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow. To join, email foggy at thefogbow dot com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next   
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:57 pm 

Location: FEMA Camp Pontchartrain, Tchefuncte River Lighthouse Annex
We the Purple's "Motion to Expedite" is hilarious. They seriously believe that their petition will be considered in conference on November 10.

Hey, do you suppose they used Justia.com when researching cases to cite in their petition?

ETA: The guy who lives here (large waterfront home with a pool) claims to be a pauper.

"This could be it Folks!" - charlesmountain January 19, 2011 at 1:09 am

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:07 pm 

mimi wrote:
For privacy reasons, "We The Purple" declines to reveal his finances, but let him file for free.

or something like that.

Number 6 on that 3rd scribd document at 1L's link. The 3-page document.

Privacy reasons?

Privacy?

:P

I have a feeling that they might be a tad reluctant to disclose that they'd starve to death if they weren't sucking the government teat.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:12 pm 

Piffle wrote:
I have a feeling that they might be a tad reluctant to disclose that they'd starve to death if they weren't sucking the government teat.

Oh. I thought maybe it was because he didn't want the ex-wife to know. Purple is the guy who holds the record for longest divorce. He used to have money.

Butterfly wrote:
Hey, do you suppose they used Justia.com when researching cases to cite in their petition?

If they did, they have reason to appeal or something. Idunno if that's covered under Orlylaw or Leolaw or what.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:23 pm 

mimi wrote:
Oh. I thought maybe it was because he didn't want the ex-wife to know. Purple is the guy who holds the record for longest divorce. He used to have money.

An equally colorful theory. If he hadn't changed his name from Jarndyce (yellow) to Purpura (purple) we'd have to use bleaker references.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:26 pm 

Piffle wrote:
mimi wrote:

An equally colorful theory. If he hadn't changed his name from Jarndice (yellow) to Purpura (purple) we'd have to use bleaker references.

I've been looking for an excuse to post this for a while.

Bleak House wrote:
Jarndyce and Jarndyce drones on. This scarecrow of a suit has, in course of time, become so complicated that no man alive knows what it means. The parties to it understand it least, but it has been observed that no two Chancery lawyers can talk about it for five minutes without coming to a total disagreement as to all the premises. Innumerable children have been born into the cause; innumerable young people have married into it; innumerable old people have died out of it. Scores of persons have deliriously found themselves made parties in Jarndyce and Jarndyce without knowing how or why; whole families have inherited legendary hatreds with the suit. The little plaintiff or defendant who was promised a new rocking-horse when Jarndyce and Jarndyce should be settled has grown up, possessed himself of a real horse, and trotted away into the other world. Fair wards of court have faded into mothers and grandmothers; a long procession of Chancellors has come in and gone out; the legion of bills in the suit have been transformed into mere bills of mortality; there are not three Jarndyces left upon the earth perhaps since old Tom Jarndyce in despair blew his brains out at a coffee-house in Chancery Lane; but Jarndyce and Jarndyce still drags its dreary length before the court, perennially hopeless.

Incidentally, the novel is absolutely delightful, despite its bleak name.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:29 pm 

Location: FEMA Camp 17 -- Malibu (Hey! You! Get off the lawn!)
Butterfly Bilderberg wrote:
We the Purple's "Motion to Expedite" is hilarious. They seriously believe that their petition will be considered in conference on November 10.

ETA: The guy who lives here (large waterfront home with a pool) claims to be a pauper.

I think he lives in a closet under the stairs.

Realist lives to serve. Foggy does it for the children. I'm in it for the schadenfreude.

:sterngard:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:40 pm 

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
I think he lives in a closet under the stairs.

Yep. And he is NOT allowed to drive the Ferrari.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:46 pm 

Ferris Potter?

Realist lives to serve. Foggy does it for the children. I'm in it for the schadenfreude.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:43 am 

A Legal Lohengrin wrote:

Bleak House wrote:
Jarndyce and Jarndyce drones on. ...

Incidentally, the novel is absolutely delightful, despite its bleak name.

Offtopic :
In a past life I once mentioned Jandyce v Jandyce to our senior in-house. Something along the lines of "If we don't settle this soon this could turn into Jarndyce v Jarndyce". He didn't get the reference and apparently spent half an hour searching for the case!

I'm not a great fan of Charles Dickens but Bleak House is on of my favourite novels.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:38 am 

Extrodinary!!!!

― Donald Trump

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:22 am 

Epectitus wrote:

Extrodinary!!!!

Yep.

Transactions for
1802 Rue De La Port
Jun 8, 2005
Sold for: $845,000
Recorded: 2005-07-01
Book: 8474
Page: 1395
Book/lot: 270/98
Class: 2
Land Assessment: $108,700
Land Assessment: $292,400
SR1A: 8693079
Year built: 1994
Buyer(s):
Nicholas E. Purpura
50 West Entry Road
Staten Island, Ny 10304

http://nj.natefind.com/property/1011897 ... ownship-nj

And it looks like the substantial dockside hanging gardens, pond, waterfall, and fountains were added since. And he came from Staten Island. That's upwardly mobile!

But heck, he's still a 99%-er, we taxpayers should all chip in and pay his way to SCOTUS.

unsound mind, a dimension of unreality, a dimension
of really, really bad law. You've just crossed over
into the Orly Zone."
-- Geritol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:58 am 

[-X Purple told the judge he declines to give his financial info due to privacy reasons.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:36 pm 

mimi wrote:
[-X Purple told the judge he declines to give his financial info due to privacy reasons.

Then the judge will decline his IFP application due to GTFOOMC reasons.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:06 pm 

Well, there is Purpura v Purpura which may explain why he refuses to divulge his income etc.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:11 pm 

nbc wrote:
Well, there is Purpura v Purpura which may explain why he refuses to divulge his income etc.

Lookie at the SCOTUS docket:
Quote:
No. 01-9804 Status: DECIDED
Title: Nicholas E. Purpura, Petitioner
v.
Barbara Purpura
Docketed: Lower Ct: Court of Appeals of New York
April 23, 2002 (Mo. No. 987)

~~Date~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~Proceedings and Orders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Apr 16 2002 Petition for writ of certiorari and motion for leave to proceed in
forma pauperis filed. (Response due May 23, 2002)
Apr 23 2002 Motion of petitioner to expedite consideration of the petition
filed.
May 3 2002 Waiver of right of respondents Barbara Purpura, et al. to respond
filed.
Jun 5 2002 DISTRIBUTED for Conference of June 20, 2002
Jun 24 2002 Petition DENIED.

~~Name~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~Address~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~Phone~~~
Attorneys for Petitioner:
Nicholas E. Purpura 50 West Entry Road 7183517624
Staten Island, NY 10304

Attorneys for Respondent:
Eliot L. Spitzer 25th Floor, 120 Broadway 2124168519
New York, NY 10271

John W. McConnell 110 East 59th Street 2129099500
New York, NY 10022
Party name: Barbara Purpura, et al.

When Purpura later sued his ex-'s law firm, he again filed a motion to expedite in SCOTUS. He even filed a recon motion after the cert. denial!

ASSUME ANYTHING WRITTEN HERE WILL END UP ON TAITZ'S SITE AND FACEBOOK. AND JEROME CORSI WILL POST SCREENSHOTS TO WND. AND WILL BE FILED BY A BIRTHER AS AN EXHIBIT IN FEDERAL COURT. NOW HAVE FUN!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:14 pm 

nbc wrote:

Additionally, the Supreme Court properly exercised its discretion in finding that the defendant's filing of a motion for leave to reargue constituted "frivolous conduct," as defined in 22 NYCRR 130-1.1 (c), and, accordingly, in imposing a sanction on him and awarding costs and an attorney's fee to the plaintiff.

[ Hmmm ... how many motions for leave to reargue been filed by ... what's her name? Has SHE been disbarred yet? Oh, yes ... Orly Taitz]

Moderators : feel free to delete anything that offends/provides any assistance to the enemy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:13 pm 

We the Purple are on the board!

No cigar on the expedited thing, however. ;;)

Quote:
No. 11-7275
Title:
Nicholas E. Purpura, et al., Petitioners
v.
Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of Department of Health and Human Services, et al.

Docketed: November 9, 2011
Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Case Nos.: (11-2303)
Decision Date: September 29, 2011

~~~Date~~~ ~~~~~~~Proceedings and Orders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oct 31 2011 Petition for a writ of certiorari and motion for leave to proceed in forma pauperis filed. (Response due December 9, 2011)

~~Name~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~Address~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~Phone~~~
Attorneys for Petitioners:
Nicholas E. Purpura 1802 Rue de la Port Drive
Wall, NJ 07719
Party name: Nicholas E. Purpura, et al.
Attorneys for Respondents:
Donald B. Verrilli Jr. Solicitor General (202) 514-2217
United States Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20530-0001
SupremeCtBriefs@USDOJ.gov
Party name: Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of Department of Health and Human Services, et al.

Image x 3 Image x 21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:28 pm 

We the Purple not happy: NJ anti-HCR plaintiffs give mixed reviews to SCOTUS
Hurlbut wrote:
The two New Jersey activists who filed a comprehensive case against the health care reform bill gave mixed reviews to the Supreme Court today, saying that they have picked the wrong case.

Nicholas E. Purpura told this Examiner this morning that the Supreme Court did well to hear a case (Florida ex rel. Bondi et al. v. HHS et al.) against the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. But, they said, the Florida case is incomplete, and the issues it raises pale in comparison to the issues that he and Donald R. Laster Jr raise in their own case, Purpura v. Sebelius (Supreme Court Case No. 11-7275).

[...]

Purpura is not satisfied. First, regarding standing, he reiterated that any citizen has standing to challenge an unconstitutional law. . . .

But the major issue in our case is that the government has failed to answer our briefs on time, and has never answered six of our counts. According to Rule 8d of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, that's an admission that our count is true. And the most important of these counts is the one [saying] that Obama was never authorized to sign the bill!

The reason for that last: Obama is not a natural-born citizen. Purpura and Laster allege that because Barack H. Obama Senior was a British colonial subject, Obama cannot be a natural-born citizen within the meaning of existing precedent, whether he was born in Kenya or in Hawaii.

As noted, the government's waiver response is due December 9.

ASSUME ANYTHING WRITTEN HERE WILL END UP ON TAITZ'S SITE AND FACEBOOK. AND JEROME CORSI WILL POST SCREENSHOTS TO WND. AND WILL BE FILED BY A BIRTHER AS AN EXHIBIT IN FEDERAL COURT. NOW HAVE FUN!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:35 am 

Location: FEMA Camp Pontchartrain, Tchefuncte River Lighthouse Annex
Prediction: The government attorneys will waste no more time on We the Pimples.

Cough up the filing fee, Nicky.

"This could be it Folks!" - charlesmountain January 19, 2011 at 1:09 am

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:21 am 

Did these guys get their JDs from the Taitz School of Law? I bet they bought a copy of the Kenyan b.c. on ebay.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:30 am 

Jill Christie wrote:
Did these guys get their JDs from the Taitz School of Law? I bet they bought a copy of the Kenyan b.c. on ebay.

As wholly incompetent as they are, with their silly bluster and hubris, they still write better and present their stoopid theories better than the Chaleria does whatever the hell it is she does.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:42 am 

We the Purple promote their BS case/petition for writ of cert at SCOTUS through the P&E...

Petitioners Explain Unique Health Care Bill Challenge

CASE NOW DOCKETED WITH U.S. SUPREME COURT
by Nicholas Purpura and Donald R. Laster, Jr.

Quote:
The Supreme Court has docketed the case Purpura v , Sebelius as docket case number 11-7275. This case can restore the Constitution to its original intent. Unlike the other cases, this case identified 19 specific violations of the US Constitution and how each violation affects each and every person specifically with real, imminent harm that will and is occurring.

The problem with all the other cases related to the health care law is that they only address a limited number of violations. And even then many of the arguments are not fully addressed. The common item is the violation of the Commerce Clause and Amendment 10. For instance, the case Florida ex rel. Bondi et al. v. HHS et al. focuses on the Individual Mandate but failed to address the side effects of the Individual Mandate. For instance, if the Government can order someone to buy a product, what else can be ordered? Is this regulating commerce or is it dictating commerce? Isn’t this also the very essence of involuntary servitude? Who, after all, would buy health-care insurance in advance if all they needed to do is wait until they get sick and then apply?

[...]

Considering the issues put before the Court, the Court can issue a sua sponte order opting to choose Purpura v. Sebelius as the lead Petition for the challenges to the law. =)) This would result in each of the violations identified being addressed and putting the country back on the road to real rule of law under the U.S. Constitution.

[...]

I can only pray the people of the United States let their Representatives know about Purpura v, Sebelius (Supreme Court Docket Case No. 11-7275), as well as every person, newspaper and media outlet in the Nation, respectfully requesting that they do all in their power to have this Petition heard in its entirety. I ask for a “Miracle on 34th Street (1947)”. I ask the Supreme Court to address the “I the Peoples” case.

lots more nuttiness at the link

Including, of course, that Obama was ineligible therefore could not sign the legislation. :lol:

Image x 3 Image x 21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:11 pm 

In most cases, if SCOTUS is going to just deny cert., it doesn't bother to determine whether to grant IFP (and thus waive the fee).

But that Pennsylvania birther (Schneller, IIRC) had been so abusive of this process that SCOTUS required him to pay his filing fee in future civil cases. Given Purpura's history, he may receive the same treatment.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:23 pm 

bob wrote:

In most cases, if SCOTUS is going to just deny cert., it doesn't bother to determine whether to grant IFP (and thus waive the fee).

But that Pennsylvania birther (Schneller, IIRC) had been so abusive of this process that SCOTUS required him to pay his filing fee in future civil cases. Given Purpura's history, he may receive the same treatment.

It has certainly happened in the past. And the only dissenter has retired.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:29 pm 

Hurlbutt has new information on the case. "We the Purple" want Congress to intervene as a friend of the court.

Quote:
NJ anti-HCR plaintiffs call for 'Miracle on 34th Street'
by Terrence Hurlbut

The two New Jersey men who filed their own lawsuit against the health care reform bill called today for a "Miracle on 34th Street" to persuade the Supreme Court to give prominence to their comprehensive case that reached the court last week.
A 'Miracle on 34th Street'

Purpura and Laster pointed out that no case but theirs raises as many Constitutional and other statutory issues. Some of the issues that Purpura and Laster raise, no other case raises at all. For example, they want the Court to address, not merely the authority of Congress under the Commerce Clause to order people to buy health insurance, but also whether Congress may pass a law ordering the people to do something else for the simple privilege of lawful residency. That, they maintain, constitutes involuntary servitude (see Amendment XIII) and a deprivation of property without due process of law (Amendment V and, by extension, Amendment XIV).

They suggest that the Court act sua sponte (that is, on its own) to move their case to the front. Andrew L. Schlafly, resident of Chester, NJ and an attorney specializing in medical law, pointed out that the Court need not act sua sponte, now that its Clerk has formally accepted a petition for certiorari.

Quote:
The Court could deny it, but it could also hold it over, pending the resolution of the Florida case. It would be very interesting to see what the Court would do with this case, after ruling on Florida.

To get the result they seek, they want all Americans to call their Representatives to remind them about their case. Presumably the House could pass a friend-of-the-court resolution to suggest that the Court expedite the Purpura case.
Schlafly estimated that one-third of New Jersey's budget involves Medicaid spending.

Quote:
I know a lot of people who are upset that this bill expands Medicaid so greatly, at a time when New Jersey can least afford it.

Schlafly also commented on Purpura and Laster's press release, and especially their call for popular comment on their lawsuit:

Quote:
They are not attorneys. Therefore they may freely say and do many things that an attorney may not. Furthermore, they did not ask the people to call the Supreme Court itself. They asked people to call their Congress members, and the First Amendment guarantees that right to everyone at all times.

Purpura has previously told this Examiner that he filed his case in pro se for that very reason: so that he could preserve his freedom of action and advocacy outside the courtroom, and otherwise work outside the common constraints that apply to attorneys.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next