Assault on the Capitol (DC)

LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by LM K »

I'm certain there are Repubs that want to be on the committee but can't even utter a word about it because they'll be bullied by their colleagues and some will be bullied by their constituents.

How ridiculous.

The repubs side with murderers and traitors. Murderers and traitors who attacked them.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I recently learned that one of the hallmarks of an autocratic system is a vertical power structure. If you have a different idea and express it, you are out, because the people above you need only use their power--and there is no other source. Hence.
tencats

Post by tencats »

Prosecutors ask judge to revoke bond for former Rocky Mount officer
Published: June 30, 2021 5:43 pm | https://www.wsls.com/news/local/2021/06 ... -his-home/

:think:
ROCKY MOUNT, Va. – A former Rocky Mount police officer charged in connection with the riots at the U.S. Capitol may soon be in federal custody.

On Wednesday, the United States filed a motion to have Thomas Robertson detained pending trial for “substantial violations of the terms of his pre-trial release,” according to federal court documents.

Robertson has been indicted on the following charges: obstruction of an official proceeding and aiding and abetting, disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building, entering and remaining in a restricted building and disorderly conduct in the Capitol

While executing a search warrant at Roberton’s property in Ferrum on Tuesday, authorities said they found a loaded M4 rifle, a partially-assembled pipe bomb and they seized several span cans of ammunition and two boxes of 7.62 ammunition.

While FBI agents found the rifle on his bed, the pipe bomb was located in an out-building.

Agents found a box labeled with a blue piece of [tape] that included the words “Booby Trap.” Inside the box, agents found a metal pipe with two ends caps, with a fuse inserted into a hole that had been drilled into the device; epoxy had been used around the sides of the fuse to secure it. Although this device did not contain explosive powder, such powder was found nearby in the out-building’s reloading station.
United States' Motion to revoke release order for Thomas Robertson

As Robertson was not home at the time of the search, the warrant was served on him at a different location, according to court documents.

Against the advice of the agents, Robertson told them that if the warrant being served on him was related to him buying guns, he had bought them online, but hadn’t yet picked them up.

Authorities already knew about these gun purchases, having previously executed a search warrant on Roberton’s email. Court documents provided details on nine emails related to firearms purchases after he was ordered to relocate any firearms he owned.

The FBI also obtained records from gun purchases that Robertson made after being indicted. Court documents detailed 14 such purchases between April 12 and May 15.

As part of Tuesday’s search warrant, agents also talked with the owner of Tactical Operations Inc., the Federal Firearms License owner in Roanoke where Robertson has 34 firearms waiting for him to pick up. Robertson had previously told the owner that he cannot have guns because of his current bond conditions, according to court documents.

The owner also told the FBI that Robertson had been in his store to handle several of these guns as recently as a week ago, according to court documents.
tek

Post by tek »

The owner also told the FBI that Robertson had been in his store to handle several of these guns as recently as a week ago, according to court documents.
The man is ill.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

tek wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:04 pm
The man is ill.
And stupid as a brick.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: US Justice Dept releases video court exhibit in Jan 6 case of former Trump Administration State Dept appointee Federico Klein

Feds allege Klein wore red MAGA hat and used force against police on front line in west terrace entrance of Capitol
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

tek wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:04 pm
The man is ill.
To "handle the guns". Must be he cant find anything else to handle/fondle.
BeastofBourbon

Post by BeastofBourbon »

It's foreplay.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

LM K wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:41 pm :snippity:

The repubs side with murderers and traitors. Murderers and traitors who attacked them.
Problem is those whom they are cowing to don't see it that way, people like Tinfoil Green, Qbert, and most importantly the leadership, really think that mob would have spared them had they gotten ahold of them. They think the mob is loyal to the GQP, but they fail to realize, they are loyal to Trump, and only Trump. Zibit A: Trump's most loyal bootlicking sycophant: Mike Pence.

ANY member of Congress who would have been caught by that mob would have never lived to tell the tale. The GQP leadership still just views them as votes and a way to regain power in the government, apparently heedless of the powder keg they are juggling with. What do they think will happen when they get power and can't deliver the "utopia" the mob wants....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

They think that they can point the mob at their enemies...

They learned nothing from the French Revolution about mobs..
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:25 pm They think that they can point the mob at their enemies...

Pointing the mob is not the goal, it's loosing it. If the mob had, for instance got ahold of Hawley and torn him to pieces, 'they' could have used it as proof of a dark gummnit conspiracy and false flag op.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

I still say, the GQP doesn't see the insurrection as a failure because it failed to overthrow the election in Congress...

They see it as a failure because of the wrong place at the wrong time. Next time, the mob goes to the state legislatures before the governor certifies, and then riots...heavily armed.

I could easily see the craven GQP members of the GA legislature throwing out the electoral votes and giving them to Zee Furher if a mob attacked the state capitol for him.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just watched the NYT video. I’m speechless.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:25 pm They think that they can point the mob at their enemies...

I think they are less trying to point the mob, and more follow it. They don't really have a plan at this point, just jumping from outrage to outrage in order to stay relevant.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

https://www.rawstory.com/yoga-instructo ... itol-riot/

Oh Good Lord. Yet ANOTHER yoga instructor arrested. As a longtime yoga practitioner, I am speechless. I know one yoga instructor, in Atlanta, who is a MAGA/Q Anon weirdo, but no one here locally in my community.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:48 pm Just watched the NYT video. I’m speechless.
Wow. Well done.

??? How many of these dumbass republicans remember that the Capitol/Metro police they keep disrespecting are --- voters?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

!!! ALERT: Plea discussions have begun with all defendants in OathKeepers conspiracy case in US Capitol insurrection

"Productive" discussions so far, prosecutors just told a judge

They ask for a few more weeks to continue talks
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Defense lawyer just asked US Justice Dept if more "superseding indictments" (more, new charges) are possible in case of OathKeeper defendants in US Capitol Insurrection

Prosecutor wouldn't rule it out
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:57 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:48 pm Just watched the NYT video. I’m speechless.
Wow. Well done.

??? How many of these dumbass republicans remember that the Capitol/Metro police they keep disrespecting are --- voters?
Yeah, we’ll, they don’t care about that. The officers likely vote in DC, VA, or MD. If they vote in DC, so what? DC doesn’t even get a vote in Congress. If they vote in VA or MD, their reps are likely Democrats.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

tencats wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:25 pm Prosecutors ask judge to revoke bond for former Rocky Mount officer
Published: June 30, 2021 5:43 pm | https://www.wsls.com/news/local/2021/06 ... -his-home/

:think:
ROCKY MOUNT, Va. – A former Rocky Mount police officer charged in connection with the riots at the U.S. Capitol may soon be in federal custody.

On Wednesday, the United States filed a motion to have Thomas Robertson detained pending trial for “substantial violations of the terms of his pre-trial release,” according to federal court documents.

Robertson has been indicted on the following charges: obstruction of an official proceeding and aiding and abetting, disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building, entering and remaining in a restricted building and disorderly conduct in the Capitol

While executing a search warrant at Roberton’s property in Ferrum on Tuesday, authorities said they found a loaded M4 rifle, a partially-assembled pipe bomb and they seized several span cans of ammunition and two boxes of 7.62 ammunition.

While FBI agents found the rifle on his bed, the pipe bomb was located in an out-building.

Agents found a box labeled with a blue piece of [tape] that included the words “Booby Trap.” Inside the box, agents found a metal pipe with two ends caps, with a fuse inserted into a hole that had been drilled into the device; epoxy had been used around the sides of the fuse to secure it. Although this device did not contain explosive powder, such powder was found nearby in the out-building’s reloading station.
United States' Motion to revoke release order for Thomas Robertson

As Robertson was not home at the time of the search, the warrant was served on him at a different location, according to court documents.

Against the advice of the agents, Robertson told them that if the warrant being served on him was related to him buying guns, he had bought them online, but hadn’t yet picked them up.

Authorities already knew about these gun purchases, having previously executed a search warrant on Roberton’s email. Court documents provided details on nine emails related to firearms purchases after he was ordered to relocate any firearms he owned.

The FBI also obtained records from gun purchases that Robertson made after being indicted. Court documents detailed 14 such purchases between April 12 and May 15.

As part of Tuesday’s search warrant, agents also talked with the owner of Tactical Operations Inc., the Federal Firearms License owner in Roanoke where Robertson has 34 firearms waiting for him to pick up. Robertson had previously told the owner that he cannot have guns because of his current bond conditions, according to court documents.

Have they ever found the person that put the "pipe bomb" at the DNC
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Maybenaut wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:30 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:57 pm
Wow. Well done.

Yeah, we’ll, they don’t care about that. The officers likely vote in DC, VA, or MD. If they vote in DC, so what? DC doesn’t even get a vote in Congress. If they vote in VA or MD, their reps are likely Democrats.
The congress members don't care who the officers vote for. They don't and can't vote for THEM. The congress critters are pandering (in the worst possible sense of that word) to their MAGA base back home.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

A real head scratcher :think:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
filly

Post by filly »

I've decided to post this here. Maybe it belongs in another thread.

You may remember that the Michigan State Senate Oversight Committee investigated and wrote a report dispelling all of the lies about the election being stolen. The report was authored by a fellow named McBroom. He's a religious Republican from the Upper Peninsula, a dairy farmer, and the kind of guy you might suspect would go along with the Big Lie. But instead he wrote a stinging rebuke to all of the lies, and asked the Michigan AG to consider prosecuting those who have grifted off of it.

Tim Alberta, a very gifted writer who embeds with the GOP has a fantastic article in The Atlantic about this man, how he investigated the lies, and the blowback he's been subjected to by the nuts. I highly recommend this read. The site has a paywall but I think they give you a few free articles every month. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ud/619326/
somerset

Post by somerset »

filly wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:07 pm I've decided to post this here. Maybe it belongs in another thread.

You may remember that the Michigan State Senate Oversight Committee investigated and wrote a report dispelling all of the lies about the election being stolen. The report was authored by a fellow named McBroom. He's a religious Republican from the Upper Peninsula, a dairy farmer, and the kind of guy you might suspect would go along with the Big Lie. But instead he wrote a stinging rebuke to all of the lies, and asked the Michigan AG to consider prosecuting those who have grifted off of it.

Tim Alberta, a very gifted writer who embeds with the GOP has a fantastic article in The Atlantic about this man, how he investigated the lies, and the blowback he's been subjected to by the nuts. I highly recommend this read. The site has a paywall but I think they give you a few free articles every month. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ud/619326/
Thanks, TF. Great article. I also downloaded the report itself to read later. It's refreshing to hear some rational, sane conservative folks.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”