TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) NASDAQ:DJT - SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Estiveo
Verified:

TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) NASDAQ:DJT - SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Looks like his tie. Hey, did I just create a political cartoon?
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 1:08 pm Looks like his tie. Hey, did I just create a political cartoon?
good call!!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

chancery wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:58 pm
johnpcapitalist wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:14 pm My focus was not on landmarks of American industry or share certificates personally signed by legends like J. P. Morgan, but of companies that were fraudulent such as Enron. I had 10-12 of these on one wall of my office.
Neat. Do you still have them and are they on display?
I still have them but they're not on display now. Since I work fully remotely, I prefer to adorn my walls with something more representative of my current career.

The real fun of that display was watching people discover what the theme was. People would come into the office assuming they were certificates of deals I had been involved in or stocks where I had made a substantial amount of money. Then it would slowly dawn on them that the message was a bit different.
chancery wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:58 pmYou must remember their catalogue, tricked out to look like a stock prospectus. It was surely printed by an honest-to-goodness financial printer, like Pandick or Bowne, and might have had the printer's name on a slug-line; financial printers enjoy a good joke as much as any other kind of pilot fish.
I definitely remember their catalogs, though I didn't save any. Another thing we've given up in order to get the convenience of modern e-commerce... Sigh... I guess bemoaning this makes me a :oldman:
Walt Tuttle
Verified:

Post by Walt Tuttle »

Off Topic
Two of my most prized possessions are a couple of stock certificates from my grandfather and great-grandfather. One is for the defunct American Commonwealth Power company and the other is for the Pan Motor Company. Neither certificate is worth much, I like them for the sentimental value. They are both framed and hanging in my hallway.

Pan Motor has a bit of a nefarious history: https://www.mnopedia.org/group/pan-motor-company

As the family story goes, they had a choice between buying into a car company, or some startup company that made sandpaper (3M). Swing and a miss.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Now that the lock up period has expired, the sell off has begun.
An investment company created by two of Truth Social's cofounders has unloaded more than 7.5 million shares in Donald Trump's social media company, marking the first insider transaction since the company's lockup agreement expired last week.

United Atlantic Ventures -- which was created by former "Apprentice" contestants and Trump Media cofounders Andy Litinsky and Wes Moss -- sold 7,525,000 shares of the social media company, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/truth-social- ... =114289543
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Rolodex wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:08 pm Now that the lock up period has expired, the sell off has begun.
An investment company created by two of Truth Social's cofounders has unloaded more than 7.5 million shares in Donald Trump's social media company, marking the first insider transaction since the company's lockup agreement expired last week.

United Atlantic Ventures -- which was created by former "Apprentice" contestants and Trump Media cofounders Andy Litinsky and Wes Moss -- sold 7,525,000 shares of the social media company, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/truth-social- ... =114289543
not surprised. it's tanking, and they wanted their ducats
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Flatpoint High wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:55 am
Rolodex wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:08 pm Now that the lock up period has expired, the sell off has begun.
DonOLD has 60-some million shares for which he paid ZERO $. He will be cashing out too when he loses in November.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

neonzx wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:52 am

DonOLD has 60-some million shares for which he paid ZERO $. He will be cashing out too when he loses in November.
Even Donny Teeny Hands grasps, in the fetid swamp of what passes for a mind, that just dumping his shares will not just tank the share price but also bigly piss off his acolytes in MAGAland who will lose their shirts.

He doesn't care about their losses, just the loss of adulation.

I would not be in the least suprosed if what he will probably try and have some other patsy do is craft some dodgy Special Purpose Vehicle with the collateral of the shares, make up some arbitarary value for the shares, sell options in the SPV at the inflated price, collateralise them out and leave the suckers holding the bag of his empty shell full of value free paper.

AKA ...... "So long Sucka's"

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

neonzx wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:52 am

DJT may be delisted by then
castigat ridendo mores.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I think he got eleventy squillion shares for nothing when it got started. Even if it goes to $1/share, he'll still get millions by cashing out. Not sure that he put a single penny into this venture; I'd be surprised if he invested anything at all. That's really annoying.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

It's all the way back up to $16.15 at 3:52 PM.
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Spiked even to $17.25 in the early morning, closed at $16.16.

I guess all stop-loss orders have been satiesfied when it bottomed out above $11, somebody could be keeping the market at this level. Let's see where the VP debate will lead to.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

closed today at $16.17
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

I smell manipulation.
castigat ridendo mores.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I smell corruption and influence peddling.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

More a general question about the stock market:

May a person sell a big package of listed stock directly to a third party without going thru the trading market (eg NASDAQ)?

Like DonOld selling DJT stock to some Saudi with deep pockets?

How and when does disclosure of such a trade need to be announced?
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:38 pm More a general question about the stock market:

May a person sell a big package of listed stock directly to a third party without going thru the trading market (eg NASDAQ)?

Like DonOld selling DJT stock to some Saudi with deep pockets?

How and when does disclosure of such a trade need to be announced?
There are mechanisms to move a large amount of stock in a single transaction, called a "block trade." It is often negotiated privately between parties but still has to be executed on an exchange.

And if the buyer is going to buy more than a certain percentage of shares outstanding, they have to file disclosures with the SEC either at the time if the purchase or before if the amount is large enough.

So no, the Saudis are not going to be able to buy Trump's stake without it becoming known.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

So use "ratholes"?
101010 :towel:
cjroberts
Verified:

Post by cjroberts »

Users of Donald Trump’s social media network, Truth Social, are reporting being scammed out of large amounts of money by people they meet through the site.

According to FTC complaints obtained by Gizmodo through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, some Truth Social users have reported losing tens of thousands of dollars and as much as half a million through cons that start on the social platform. One man wrote that he lost $21,000 while chatting with a “beautiful” woman he met on the site who claimed to be a wealthy entrepreneur. “I haven’t told my wife about this blunder. She still doesn’t know about it,” he said in his complaint.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/users-gettin ... 34157.html

I almost got conned into buying Trust Social stock on that site.
Go Land Crabs!
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Someone is playing the stock exchange
:o
18.39 USD +1.89 (11.45%) today
Closed: 7 Oct, 19:25 GMT-4
After hours 18.76 +0.37 (2.01%)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 7:27 pm Someone is playing the stock exchange
Lasers?
101010 :towel:
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 7:27 pm Someone is playing the stock exchange
Definitely manipulation in advance of dookiepants dumping his shares via pump/dump
castigat ridendo mores.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”