Liz Cheney, WY

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by raison de arizona »

Sad, this world we live in.
https://twitter.com/GregTSargent/status ... 7727282305
Greg Sargent @GregTSargent wrote: Just amazing: One reason the Gerald Ford foundation declined to honor Liz Cheney was express fear of Trump retaliating against their tax status if he wins, per letter @dlippman obtained. That's the Trump/elite accommodation dynamic we discussed on the pod
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by p0rtia »

Life in the autrocracy. Right here. Right now.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by raison de arizona »

tfg has called for her to face a military tribunal if elected, not surprisingly, she has something to say about him.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sterngard friegen

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by sterngard friegen »

Will Liz Cheney be President Harris' Secretary of Defense?
Neither disbarred nor disciplined after representing President Barack Obama. :oldman:
p0rtia

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by p0rtia »

Never.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by RTH10260 »

sterngard friegen wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 6:56 pm Will Liz Cheney be President Harris' Secretary of Defense?
The Secret Service background check will include a question about quail hunting endeavours ;)
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by neonzx »

sterngard friegen wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 6:56 pm Will Liz Cheney be President Harris' Secretary of Defense?
Outside her dislike of Trump, just like her daddy... She is her daddy.
Friend of my enemy... blah blah.
No, no cabinet post.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by Frater I*I »

neonzx wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 8:51 pm
Outside her dislike of Trump, just like her daddy... She is her daddy.
Friend of my enemy... blah blah.
No, no cabinet post.
I think you mean enemy of my enemy....

Form which I understand is derived from an ancient middle east mantra:

Me and my brother against my cousin...

Me and my cousin against my neighbor...

Me and my neighbor against the world...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by keith »

I could see her as postmaster general, maybe, but unlikely.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Dave from down under

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by Dave from down under »

“I tell you, I have never voted for a Democrat, but this year, I am proudly casting my vote for Vice President Kamala Harris,” Cheney said at a Harris campaign event in Ripon, Wisconsin. In an attempt to persuade swing voters, she pointed toward former President Donald Trump’s actions on January 6, declaring that anyone “who would do these things can never be trusted with power again.”

“Donald Trump was willing to sacrifice our Capitol, to allow law enforcement officers to be beaten and brutalized in his name, and to violate the law and the Constitution in order to seize power for himself,” Cheney said as the event’s audience cheered. “I don’t care if you are a Democrat or Republican or an independent, that is depravity and we must never become numb to it.”

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/10/03/poli ... paign-stop
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by Ben-Prime »

keith wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:16 am I could see her as postmaster general, maybe, but unlikely.
Or one of the similar non-partisan jobs that just exists to make things function. USPS, sure. There's also FEMA, for instance. Hell, even Secretary of Commerce -- not Labor or Transportation, which tend to get more into sacred cow causes. Or US Trade Rep. >Shrug< I'm spitballing here because it's not yet even 5am for me and I just rolled out of bed a few minutes ago.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Dave from down under

Liz Cheney, WY

Ambassador to Ukraine?
Uninformed

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by Uninformed »

Special Counsel to investigate tfg?
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
sterngard friegen

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by sterngard friegen »

DoD can use Hawks. And Republicans have served as Defense Secretaries in Democratic Administrations: Chuck Hagel, William Cohen and Robert McNamara.
Neither disbarred nor disciplined after representing President Barack Obama. :oldman:
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by zekeb »

IMO this shouldn't be a political job. I feel the same should apply to the job of County Sheriff. I do hope that Kamala selects only the best people.
Largo al factotum.
Dave from down under

Liz Cheney, WY

zekeb wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 4:58 pm IMO this shouldn't be a political job. I feel the same should apply to the job of County Sheriff. I do hope that Kamala selects only the best people.
I still find the US way of electing LEO rather than recruiting on merit weird.
Kendra

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by Kendra »

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 6543634271
Has Liz Cheney, one of the dumber people in politics, ever looked at the horrible statements she’s made about Lyin’ Kamala Harris? Every view and policy is the exact opposite of what Cheney and her equally ridiculous father, who got us into the never ending Wars in the Middle East, have stated over the years. They’re being posted all over the internet, and Cheney looks even dumber than I thought she was - But I still say Kamala is worse
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by northland10 »

sterngard friegen wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 4:03 pm DoD can use Hawks. And Republicans have served as Defense Secretaries in Democratic Administrations: Chuck Hagel, William Cohen and Robert McNamara.
Robert Lovett under Truman. Also, Robert Gates served under Bush and was retained by Obama.
101010 :towel:
p0rtia

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by p0rtia »

My point is that I don't think Liz would want to serve in a Harris cabinet. I think her game plan is, if Harris wins, Liz and her gang set about starting up a new, non-MAGA Republican party. I wish them well in that.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by northland10 »

I would welcome a non-MAGA GOP. Healthy disagreement can be a good thing. It keeps both sides honest with themselves. MAGA is not healthy.
101010 :towel:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by Slim Cognito »

I agree.

Also, I'm a firm believer that absolute power corrupts absolutely.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
RVInit

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by RVInit »

northland10 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:05 pm I would welcome a non-MAGA GOP. Healthy disagreement can be a good thing. It keeps both sides honest with themselves. MAGA is not healthy.
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
p0rtia

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by p0rtia »

RVInit wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 2:36 pm
northland10 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:05 pm I would welcome a non-MAGA GOP. Healthy disagreement can be a good thing. It keeps both sides honest with themselves. MAGA is not healthy.
That's the theory, that we need (at least) 2 parties to keep toxic power away from the hands of a few. I don't have a better one. Except that I think rank-choice voting is essential.

Listening to Liz, and Adamm K, and all those former Republicans who do that excellent podcasts, I muse on what the future might bring. How far are they willing to travel back to the land of the sane? Will they be willing to stop, for example, the "fetal heartbeat" crap? Will their abortion bills manage to avoid the tyrannical "jail the doctors" crap, which makes them untenable? (Talking to you, George Conway.).

Mostly, I wonder if they will be able to keep the religious stuff out of politics. Because the one thing I've realized since I became of fan of all those never-fuckheaders is that they think that it's essential or their Christian ideology to be a part of their political interface. I am constantly gobsmacked by how they casually talk about such and such a law or decision has a Christian slant or element. I can barely tolerate the rotating religious leaders who say prayers in the House and Senate. Prayer breakfasts? Give me a break. You either learn from this (assuming you have the chance) or you are doomed to repeat it.
RVInit

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by RVInit »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 2:45 pm
RVInit wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 2:36 pm
That's the theory, that we need (at least) 2 parties to keep toxic power away from the hands of a few. I don't have a better one. Except that I think rank-choice voting is essential.

Listening to Liz, and Adamm K, and all those former Republicans who do that excellent podcasts, I muse on what the future might bring. How far are they willing to travel back to the land of the sane? Will they be willing to stop, for example, the "fetal heartbeat" crap? Will their abortion bills manage to avoid the tyrannical "jail the doctors" crap, which makes them untenable? (Talking to you, George Conway.).

Mostly, I wonder if they will be able to keep the religious stuff out of politics. Because the one thing I've realized since I became of fan of all those never-fuckheaders is that they think that it's essential or their Christian ideology to be a part of their political interface. I am constantly gobsmacked by how they casually talk about such and such a law or decision has a Christian slant or element. I can barely tolerate the rotating religious leaders who say prayers in the House and Senate. Prayer breakfasts? Give me a break. You either learn from this (assuming you have the chance) or you are doomed to repeat it.
Yes. And I do think this will be a real challenge, and maybe not even possible in our lifetime. Republicans really screwed the pooch. Some of them seem to understand that they set the stage for MAGA, but some of them seem to think everything was perfectly OK with Republicans before MAGA. We need more of them to understand that THEY are the reason we have MAGA and we can't go back to a Republican party being the same as they were right before MAGA.
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall

Return to “U.S. House of Representatives”