Mesa County Colorado - Belinda and Tina's big adventure

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Un oh
A jury found Tina Peters guilty. Her legal troubles might not be over.
The status of a yearslong federal investigation, in addition to the local case in Mesa County, remains uncertain

Quentin Young

:snippity:
What happened in Mesa County has been the subject of a yearslong federal investigation on top of the local district attorney’s investigation that brought Peters to trial in recent weeks. Federal authorities have communicated very little about the case, but we know the federal probe persisted to this year from other sources.

And there is reason to believe more criminal charges could come Peters’ way.

It started in 2021, when FBI agents executed search warrants at Peters’ home and the homes of several of her associates, including conspiracist Sherronna Bishop, who during the trial was portrayed as a Peters go-between for national election-denying operators. In September 2022, FBI agents in Minnesota working on the Mesa County investigation seized Lindell’s phone. As late as January, Peters’ lawyers in a document filed with the U.S. appellate court in Denver said, “The Department of Justice, including the FBI, has continued its investigation to determine if any federal crime had been committed by Peters.”

An FBI spokesperson this week declined to comment on the case, as did a spokesperson for the U.S. attorney’s office in Denver.

There appear to be several potential criminal charges of interest to federal authorities, as well as several possible targets. The state case against Peters, brought by Mesa County District Attorney Dan Rubinstein, largely focused on her dishonesty, such as when she presented to state election officials the California man, conspiracist Conan Hayes, as Gerald Wood, a Fruita resident who had been approved to enter secure elections areas in Peters’ office.

Peters is Colorado’s most notorious “big lie” believer, and her place in the firmament of MAGA bandits was cemented by national press attention and her association with prominent election conspiracists like MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell. This week’s verdict advances the country’s reckoning with the harm that came from misinformation around the 2020 election and former President Donald Trump’s false claims that he won. It joins the suspension in May of former Trump attorney Jenna Ellis’ law license in Colorado, as well as the criminal prosecution of those accused of interfering in the election on Trump’s behalf around the country, in reassuring Americans that their institutions, in some cases, are still capable of impartial feats of democracy and justice.

:snippity:

We have clues about how federal authorities view the matter. The FBI’s search warrants for Bishop and Lindell both pointed to parts of federal law related to intentional damage to a protected computer and conspiracy to cause intentional damage to a protected computer. The warrants also variously cite identity theft, conspiracy to commit identity theft, wire fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud, and the Lindell search warrant mentions as “co-conspirators” Peters, Bishop, Hayes, Lindell and others.

Dan Hartman, an attorney for Peters, told Newsline this week that he does not expect federal charges to emerge for his client.

But even if Peters or others who were involved in the Mesa County election security breach face federal charges, no degree of accountability in the case can satisfy the nation’s need for justice so long as the person ultimately responsible goes unpunished.
More:

https://coloradonewsline.com/2024/08/15 ... y-federal/
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Chilidog wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:34 am Talk about FAFO

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/g7jhGm ... tid=UalRPS
:lol: Chalk one up for actual voter integrity. This creepy idiot can't contribute toward votes for the most unqualified, unfit person ever to run for POTUS, again.
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Boo effing hoo.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Less than a month till her sentencing! Mark Oct 3 on your calendar!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Morticia.jpg
Morticia.jpg (26.06 KiB) Viewed 959 times
(stolen from the comments)
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Thursday, Oct 3 - 9:30 am (local Colorado time) will be Tina's sentencing! Eligible for up to 20 years. I hope she gets at least 5 (I mean 20 would be great, but I'm not holding out hope for a long sentence). These nuts need to see there are consequences.

I think this is a link, but I'll update Thursday when it starts. https://www.youtube.com/live/QUxGR32q2XI
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

First offence

Attempt coup

Firing squad???

She should get 10 years, but unlikely to get even 5
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:41 am Thursday, Oct 3 - 9:30 am (local Colorado time) will be Tina's sentencing! Eligible for up to 20 years. I hope she gets at least 5 (I mean 20 would be great, but I'm not holding out hope for a long sentence). These nuts need to see there are consequences.

I think this is a link, but I'll update Thursday when it starts. https://www.youtube.com/live/QUxGR32q2XI
Thanks, 'Dex!

Hearing seems to have just started? LInk working.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

It's live now, but seems to be muted.

https://www.youtube.com/live/QUxGR32q2XI
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Each side gets 1 hour. Defense up and he's misunderstood the process. LOL
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Whoa Jerry Wood didn't hold back. He and his wife really tore into Belinda, including being offended that she uses God to justify herself.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:58 am Whoa Jerry Wood didn't hold back. He and his wife really tore into Belinda, including being offended that she uses God to justify herself.
!!! Wow, this is stunning stuff. Gerry and his wife (who spoke first) are unleashing on Tina (and Sheronna).

Terry ends with offering the judge the URL for her money-raising account.

Tina is mostly watching Gerry speak (in profile). Now she is shaking her head ad taking notes.

This coming after a California pastor (speaking for Tina) made a truly insane suggestion: that the court give Tina over to him, so that she could do probation on his 40 acre probation farm. This needs researching. Anyway, the pastor explained that this was a great way to get this "hairball" out of Mesa Cty. He meant the situation (?) not Tina, btw. Delusional. He talked about the ongoing difference of opinion about what had happened (I'm sure Judge Stud loved that) and was in general No Help.

Mesa 'County dude says Tina cost the county 1.4 million bucks. Tina sways at that, and takes more notes. Mesa Dude giving details of resource drain and disruption; lack of confidence in system. Yikes. I've never heard witness statements like this. Dude closes by saying that Tina has damaged the reputation of the county, making it a national laughing stock.

Amazing to hear people talking about the extent of the crazy like this. Healing too. Like cold water on the seething fire of MAGA.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

And now Frank, the math guy, speaking for Tina, basically saying she's a hero, whose motives were noble and righteous. Now saying the trial didn't show all the evidence. Practically yelling at the judge, laying out the "real" story. What the fuck??? They just won't quit.

Judge interupts: We're here because of the Sec of State's choices? Go on, I don't need an answer.

This is insane. Frank is basically trying to justify his findings and rewrite the history of Peters' actions, AND THE TRIAL ITSELF!

Judge calls out Frank again. Frank backs down. Then continues to rail at the fact that Tina was indicted at all. "Tina was behaving responsibly and was ahead of the curve."

Frank says he's in a position to explain Tina's state of mind. Tina is a patriot, and is of no danger except for state officials who have something to hide.

This is sooooo not going to go over well with the judge.

Of course he is speaking to MAGA. He'll be a hero with them (again). Using Tina, he was. Wow.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Witness statements are very entertaining but I gotta go to bed!
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

High-up Mesa Cty guy (missed his name and role), has the nerve to place Tina's actions within the greater context of the assault on the election.

He gives background of the office before Tina was there and praises her predecessor; Tina laughs. Judge shoots her a look, and her attorney quietly admonishes her.

High-up guy is on a roll. He points at her, making a big attack. Tina mumbles again. She is twisting in her chair and grinning at someone behind her.

She is two seconds away from having the Judge smack her down. Even if he doesn't, she is not helping herself.

---

Tina laughs again. High-up guy points out to the judge that she is doing something. Judge says "I can hear her laughing. I can hear her laughing." His tone implies that he's willing to let her bury herself. Can you say repentant? Sorry? Wow.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Defense team is a clown gang. They didn't have their witnesses there in time because they didn't understand the (clear) order given by the court. The witnesses for the defense has been the nut parade. Doug Frank, excuse me DOCTOR Frank a (self-professed) world renowned jeenyus with eleventy five published article and person who has testified for numerous election criminals like John Eastman.

The state's witnesses are articulate, passionate, factual, and are really bringing. The sane squad.

Tina didn't ever even complete county clerk training! LOL She will speak last. I don't think the judge has been swayed by her witnesses or idiot lawyer. He's asked questions and then sips his coke. LOL
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Lots of the state witnesses are talking about how Tina is continuing to spout her nonsense on podcasts and interviews. She obviously is not remorseful. She doesn't accept that she did anything wrong - even after being found guilty.

One of the state witnesses pointed out that when Tina "suspected" that something was wrong, she didn't contact any law enforcement... not the sheriff, not the CBI, not the SOS and goes on to list a bunch of other folks she could have "normally" contacted, but no, she went to the nut gang and the "pillow guy" (yes, a guy said pillow guy LOL).

DA is asking for serious and appropriate jail time. Mentions sentencing guidelines.

Yes, Portia - this is some balm for MAGA cruelty and weirdness.
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

Just tuning into Tina Peters' self-immolation.

Wow.

She's got a bad case of believing her own bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/live/QUxGR32q2XI
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

These people really need to take a course in knowing your audience. The only audience for this sentencing hearing would be the judge, correct?
101010 :towel:
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Peters is a nut.

"I'm not a criminal. I don't deserve to go to prison."

Whiny baby. She got caught up in her own nonsense and STILL doesn't understand that what she did was illegal. She's a victim! told the judge she's "remorseful" - about getting caught! Her whole "statement" was rambling, nonsensical, and then she said she should have testified. She's trying to testify with her statement here, but the judged moved her along. Plus all this is not evidence, so any of her bs is moot regarding her guilt. She complained about drug dealers having lower bail amounts and getting shorter sentences. White collar crime is crime, lady.

She whinged about her arrest and the handcuffs were too tight. Poor baby. She says she didn't kick a cop when she was arrested (roll that beautiful bean footage - um yep you kicked a cop and were non-compliant). She demonstrated how she reacted and someone in the courtroom laughed. She got pissy about that. Oh well. Judge is taking about 10 minutes to collect his thoughts.

I'm upgrading my guess from <7 years to >10. Judge didn't seem moved by any defense witnesses and DA witnesses came with receipts. And DA wants to throw the book at her (and gave good reasons why).
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

northland10 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:40 pm These people really need to take a course in knowing your audience. The only audience for this sentencing hearing would be the judge, correct?
Well there's also the MAGA grift...

Gotta be able to get soups and beef sticks from the commissary....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

:popcorn:
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

TIL that Tina Peters was already a MAGA nut-job and conspiracy theorist _before_ she ran for Clerk. That explains a lot. No wonder she didn't complete her training. In her eyes, the previous clerk was a failure; she, Tina, saved the county money; she did nothing wrong. She promises to never ever ever talk about elections again if the judge gives her probation--despite that fact that she's been talking about election conspiracy theories right up to the present. Tina knows best about everything.

Man, if she was going to get five years, this would have tacked on a couple more.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I would almost think she was playing for an audience of one. I have no doubt that she and many of her followers think she can get a pardon if Trump is elected. Spoiler alert... POTUS cannot pardon a state court verdict.
101010 :towel:

Return to “"Forensic Audits" of State Elections 2020”